Five

Pet Me

HI GUYS. IM SO SORRY THIS IS A YEAR LATE! I STAYED UP SO LATE JUST TO DO THIS AND CHUNKED THIS ALL OUT IN LIKE AND HOUR JUST SO THAT I COULD UPDATE TODAY. DID I MENTION IM SORRY? OK HERE IT IS!!!! BE WARNED IT'S UNEDITED AND UNEVEN AND UNBEAUTIFUL!

 

SORRY AGAIN! I TRIED TO UPLOAD THIS TECHNICALLY YESTERDAY BUT MY WIFI IS CRAP SO IT WOULD MT LET ME SO IT'S ABOUT A YEAR AND 23 MINUTES LATE... (it legit took 30 mins for me to try and upload...let's see how long untill it actually post :) I had it all done at 11:54)


 

Mark sat on Yugyeom's couch chewing on his lower lip. Yugyeom and BamBam returned to the room and Mark stood up,  concern showing on his face.

" Everything good?" He asked hesitantly.

" Yeah, we're good for now. We still have some things that we need to talk about, though." Yugyeom replied and threw an arm around BamBam's shoulders, squeezing the boy reassuringly. BamBam blushed a little at the contact and hid his face underneath his bangs. Yugyeom couldn't help but smile when he felt BamBam's ears flicker on his neck. The catboy nestled closer to the large, warm human with a feigned upset face. Mark smiled at the sight of the two boys.

“ Anyways, we need to have a serious talk. " Mark gestured for the two to sit on the couch,  while he settled for sitting on the coffee table. "Ok, so to start I'll tell you about my job. I run a free online cat-person help site. It gives a history of cat-people and all the scientific paraphernalia. It also has resources for new cat-person owner's,” Mark made air quotes around the word ‘owners’, “Most don't like the idea of a human owning them so we call it borders or housers.”

 

“Ok?” Yugyeom nodded. He was unsure of where this was headed but decided to just let the older boy continue his speech.

 

“So anyhow, there's this whole scientific reasoning that you really need a biology degree to understand, so I won’t go so much into detail about that. Basically there’s a special gene on the Y chromosome that carries physical traits of cat-people: it s the furry ears and tail and all that jazz. Then there’s also a gene for the X chromosome that’s more of an internal factor. However, when in cases of two X-linked genes a.k.a catgirls. From that logic it would seem that every boy witht the specific gen on the X chromosome would be a catboy. However, science likes to people up, so that’s not true. Somehow you have to have two genes in order to fully manifest the physical traits, hence BamBam. He’s got both the double X linked gene, whereas I am only half. I Have the X-linked gene from my mother, but only one so i don't show the physical traits,” Mark paused for a moment to gauge Yugyeom's reaction and catch his breath, “Yoou got all that?”

 

“Yeah, sure,” Yugyeom nodded vigorously before it turned into shaking his head, “Nope, not at all, but if you keep going I’ll pretend like i understand.”

 

“OK…” Mark frowned, “So, yeah. There’s science. Um, so basically you now have both a cat and a man living with you…”

 

“BamBam, a man?” Yugyeom raised a thick eyebrow.

 

“Yes, man!” BamBam hissed, “I’ll have you know that I’m full grown! And the name’s actually Kunpimook!”

 

“That’s another thing. Mook’s lived pretty much all his life as a cat, so the whole human thing’s kind of a new experience,” Mark explained.

 

“SO can he turn back into a cat at will?” Yugyeom questioned.

 

“That’s up to him,” Mark responded, giving a concerned look to the blonde next to Yugyeom.

 

BamBam was silent, refusing to answer the question by turning his head to face away from the other two. MArk sighed and ran a hand through his red hair while Yugyeom looked on in confusion.

 

“Yug,” Mark started carefully, “All I can really advise you on right now is this: this is a new experience for th of you, ok? I need you to be patient and understanding with him, a lot of his human stuff will be new to him. And Mook, do the same with Yugyeom. Trust me when I say this, but you aren’t the easiest person/cat to please.”

 

BamBam scoffed and rolled his eyes. His tail flickered in annoyance as his ears twitched angrily. Yugyeom nodded again, feeling much like a bobble head with all of it during their conversation.

 

“So, I’m going to leave you two tonight,” Mark announced, rising from the coffee table with audible refusals from both parties, “I’ll be back tomorrow. Lord knows you’ll need me. I’ll bring some clothes for Mook, so you'll just have to survive the night for now. “

 

“But I still have a ton of questions!” Yugyeom squeaked,, “Like what food does he eat? Doe he know ow the bathroom works? Can I leave him alone when I’m at work?”

 

Mark groaned tiredly, “We’ll talk about it tomorrow.”

 

Mark smiled at yugyeom and placed a comforting hand on the boy’s shoulder before leaving or the door. He stopped short though and turned to face Yugyeom, “And I’d probably call in sick tomorrow…”

 

With that the red head exited the apartment, leaving Yugyeom with the sassy blonde. Yugyeom sat in silence for a moment, millions of thoughts still rushing through his head, when a flash of yellow broke him out of his stupor.

 

“H-hey! Where are you going?” Yugyeom called out to the catboy that had just left the couch beside him.

 

“Didn’t you hear MArk- hyung? It’s time to go to bed.” Kunpimook rolled his eyes as he proceeded to make his way to Yugyeom's bedroom.

 

“But that's my room!” Yugyeom's complaints fell on deaf ears as BamBam had already closed himself inside the human male's room. He would probably be snuggling down into Yugyeom's mattress and would not let the owner join him (not that Yugyeom wanted to). So, Yugyeom sighed and prepared himself for a long night on the couch.

 

Hopefully I'll get this all down one day...