Chapter 1

Prince Charming

Prince Eunkwang was said to be the most charming male in the whole Kingdom, everyone wanted him, both men and woman alike. His handsome features and bright smile penetrated the hearts of many, not to mention he was tall and very charismatic. Who could ever resist him? He was said to always be loud and full of life contrast to his younger brother who dislikes him greatly and is always making snide comments about his brothers behavior. The brothers used to be close when they were young but started drifting apart as they grew older for reasons unknow to both of them. 

 

Despite his usually enthusiastic attitude, Eunkwang often finds himself delved into a large book in his free time, reading about anything and everything. True love is something he reads about a lot and quite familiar with it, he hasn't experienced true love himself but by the way it has been described in the many books he has read, he knows that it must be a beautiful thing. He wants to know how it feels to love and be loved by someone romantically but until that day comes, all he can do is wait. 

 

Eunkwang woke up to the sound of birds singing by his window. He slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and looked through the window. The sun was already high in the sky and Eunkwang decided to leave the warmth of his large bed. He looked into the mirror and saw how disheveled his hair had become from many long hours of slumber. The young prince quickly grabbed his hairbrush and fixed his unkept mop of blonde hair. Slipping out of his silk sleepwear, exposing his fair pale, he quickly dressed himself in his everyday princely attire and left his room. He slowly made his way to the dining room and sat down at th large table. A maid immediately placed many silver dishes containing many different delicious foods in front of him. He was grateful that he was able to eat expensive food like this everyday, he savoured every mouthful as the flavours danced on his tongue.

 

Once he had finished his meal, he thanked the maid and left the room. Today Eunkwang was planning on going into the village, he wanted to get out of the lonely castle and wanted to maybe buy a few new outfits that would complement his build and make him look even more handsome than he already is, if that was even humanely possible. Eunkwang got into the horse driven carriage and instructed the driver where to take him. The road was bumpy and uneven but it didn't take very long to arrive at his destination so he didn't mind at all.

 

Once he arrived in the village he was greeted by many fascinated stares- he was the precious prince after all. Eunkwang was always the centre of attention wherever he went, whether it was at ball or just simply laying on the grass in the fields behind the castle of which he lived in.

 

Eunkwang put on the biggest grin he could as he greeted many of the villagers. He loved coming to the village because all the people were kind to him and made him feel welcomed. He didn't mind spending time with people with lower statuses, he admired how much effort they put into their work to earn money for their family. He sometimes found himself helping out at a few of rhe stores. One day he might work at the bookstore, another day he might be helping out at the stables. He didn't think taking advantage of the fact that he's a prince was the right thing to do- He wanted to be respected as their future king.

 

Another reason why Eunkwang often visited the village was the possibility of meeting hia significant other. He wanted so much to be able to share sweet, loving kisses with that person, whoever it may be. He wanted to find that person before his parents arrange for him to marry a complete stranger. He didn't like the idea of being forced to marry someone he doesn't love as he doesn't want to spend his life regretting not being able to find the one he was fated to be with.

 

He also often finds himself wondering whether he has already met that person- if he's going to meet them any time soon, or if he completely missed the opportunity of meeting them due to unknown circumstances. He also dreams about what their first meeting will be like. There are so many different scenarios floating around inside his head that he gets anxious whenever he is in one of those situations in real life, thinking that he is finally going to meet that person.