END

Locked In My Heart


Hoseok wiped his eyes roughly with his sleeve as he read the letter for his dance acceptance result. "We apologise but you did not pass the audition for the academy's dance scholarship" He quickly crumpled the paper in his pocket. Taking deep breaths he tried hold back the tears. Checking himself through the reflection of his phone he strained a reassuring smile and opened the door to the apartment.

 

 

"Oh well it looks like I didn't pass the audition. It wasn't like I was ever going to make it." Hoseok stretched his arms and laughed awkwardly. "What was I thinking, as if I would make it into such a prestigious academy? I'm not a good dancer anyway"

 

Taehyung was silent in the kitchen, slowly stirring the pasta on the stove. He stared into the creamy sauce, fighting tears as they pricked his eyes. Taking a deep breath he plated up the food and made his way to the table. 

 

Hoseok was already seated with a fork in his hand. He placed down the bowl of pasta and Hoseok chewed happily. The room was filled with the empty echo of clinking cutlery and awkward small talk. He looked over at Hoseok and noticed he was staring at his food. Noticing Taehyung’s stare, he quickly ate a mouthful and gave a grin.

 

Taehyung excused himself from the table, lifting his half eaten plate of pasta; he walked back into the kitchen. Tears welled up, blurring his vision as he desperately tried to wipe them away. He scraped off the remaining strands of pasta into the bin and washed it in the sink. He watched the bubbles foam, leaving white streaks on the edges of the sink.

 

The plate slipped from his hands and crashed onto the floor. Pieces scattered across the stone white tiles. Slowly he picked each piece as Hoseok ran into the kitchen. He stood at the doorway in shock as he saw Taehyung in tears, hands full of broken glass. He took the glass out of Taehyung's hands and threw it in the bin. Grabbing the broom, he swept the remaining pieces and carried hikm to the couch.

 

Taehyung stared hollowly by the crimson liquid oozing out of his hand unaffected by the pain. Hoseok gently wiped away the blood and placed a pink band aid on the cut. He laughed awkwardly. "There you go all done. Lucky it wasn't a deep cut right?" 

 

"Stop" He placed his hand over Hoseok's and looked up at him with fresh tears. "Just stop"

 

"What are you talking about?" 

 

"Stop pretending to smile and be happy. Stop acting Hoseok."

 

He strained a smile, "I'm not"

 

"Just stop it!" Hoseok flinched as Taehyung raised his voice. Tears streamed down his face as he sobbed pleadingly. "Hoseok, you’re an amazing dancer. I know you didn't sleep for 3 nights because you were training, I know how much that audition meant for you. I know that even though you pulled a muscle you still continued to practice your heart out. And I know that some nights you silently cry because of the cramping in your legs. What I don't know is why you keep hiding all your emotions behind your smile? It hurts. Do you not trust me?"

 

Hoseok pulled Taehyung a hug and let him soak his shirt with tears. Taehyung pounded his fist on Hoseok's chest, "why, why, why" he repeated the words like a mantra as he cried into the fabric of his shirt.

 

"I'm sorry" Hoseok whispered. He lifted Taehyung's chin and looked into his eyes. "I just didn't want to be a burden on you. I trust you with my life Tae."

 

"You're so stupid Hoseok, there's no way you'd be a burden on me" Taehyung wiped away his tears, his eyes red from crying, "Just promise me that you won't ever hide your feelings from me." He cupped Hoseok's face in his hands, "Promise me ok?" Hoseok nodded. 

 

"Good" Taehyung flashed a boxy smile and placed a soft kiss on his lips. His eyes still bloodshot and red from crying.  "Thank you" 

 

Taehyung pulled him up and lead him to the kitchen. "Now let's fix your cut on your hand. Don't think I didn't notice that you were hiding it. After all I am the best boyfriend you'll ever get."

 

He stuck the pink band aid on Hoseok's cut. "There, now we're matching." Taehyung turned around and reached up to the place the box on the shelf.

 

He wrapped his arms around Taehyung's waist, leaning his head on his back. "I love you Tae" 

 

Taehyung turned around and pecked him quickly on the lips. "I love me too" As he quickly made a mad dash to the bedroom, his laughs echoing through the hallway. Hoseok ran after him, his lips curled in a genuine smile.

 

 

Hey guys,

So I decided to write a short vhope one shot because I saw a post on tumblr(http://taeils-ink.tumblr.com/post/106487924533/the-saddest-thing-bangtan-has-ever-said) that seriously prompted me and thus a new creation is born.

So how was it?