Episode 10 : Trivial Ice Pt. 5

Acquaintances of a Forever Alone — Love Stories and Other Failed Attempts

Title: Trivial Ice (last part)

Pairing: Jongdae X Baekhyun

Word count: 780

Warnings: Fem!Baekhyun


Trivial Ice Pt. 5

 

Things were never the same after that, they grew apart.

 

The next school year meant that they wouldn't have much time to spend together, since it was Jongdae's last year. That's exactly what happened. At recess, they wouldn't hang out anymore.

 

Then Baekhyun started going out with some random guy in her classes. They were in good terms and she thought she could get over Jongdae if the guy was friendly enough. It didn't work. Baekhyun dumped him after barely three months after she realized she didn't see herself with him in even a year.

 

That school year was kind of painful for Baekhyun. It meant going back to old, old habits, seeing the same people at the same hour every day. On top of that, there was always this thing at the back of her head...

 

What if...?

 

What if it had worked? What if she didn't chicken out and taken his hand last year? What if she had been brave enough and kissed him when they shared an earphone last summer? Would it have turned otherwise? Would they still be talking right now? Would they be a couple? Would it be as awkward as it was now?

 

So many questions and no answers at all.

 

Baekhyun often find herself going back to the memories of that time. That time when she borrowed sweaters because the Spanish class was too cold or when she head banged with the guys. Good ol' days.

 

She lost contact with every one of them: Lay, Tao and especially Jongdae.

 

That's what she thought, until a few months ago.

 

Baekhyun's father works in an informatics shop. He's the top tech (and that makes her so proud inside.)

 

With university and her part time job, Baekhyun barely had time to be at home, meaning she didn't see her father as much as she'd like. That day, she went to see her father at work. There were many persons waiting for service so she also had to wait for a while. There were always many employees passing by since it was a busy shop.

 

But then she saw something at from the corner of her eyes. That person was tall, taller than anyone around. Quickly she turned to see if she was mistaken and no, she wasn't.  After five years. Five years without any news or form of communication.

 

She finally was able to see her father. Before she left the shop though, she made a detour.

 

He was there, taller than ever. Seeing him stirred something old inside her. He had matured. Where he was slim and awkward, he now firm and well rooted, imposing.

 

Tao.

 

Baekhyun stood right in front of him and it took a second before he realized what was happening.

 

"Heyyy!!" he said when he did.

 

"Hey what's up!?" she asked, because really, what was up with him appearing out of nowhere like that.

 

They chatted for a while. He said he was out of town for the last few years and had came back to complete his classes. Which was nice since they now could see each other.

 

But that didn't happen. They both have a life and soon Tao transferred to another shop and they would only interact through Facebook, which was sad because she would have liked to see one of his groups jam or something.

 

 

 

 

 

To conclude this endless story, there is one more thing that should be added.

 

Baekhyun often turned and returned the memory of the conversation she had with Jongdae. The one where he said he didn't know in which category to put her. With time and experience (lol, which experience) Baekhyun came to the conclusion that he was asking him out. It was a direct question like: "hey, where do we stand? Let's date??"

 

She often regretted her dumb answers. Hell, she still does right now.

 

Maybe if she had a little more ego, she would admit that she has some amazing qualities and that she's worth it. But she's modest, so modest. Modest, shy and lazy. What she regrets the most though is that she didn't fully lived her youth, you know, experimenting, kissing, touching. Maybe it would have made her more confident. Or a better girlfriend. Because right now she feels like she's 3 years old and doing everything wrong. Which might be extremely frustrating for the boyfriend.

 

There are two things Baekhyun will never forget.

 

The nickname she wore during these years. Trivium Girl. And the feeling of his sweater on her during the cold Spanish classes.

 

But the thing that is engraved in her head forever is the unique colour of his eyes.

 

Ice blue. 

 

 


A/N: So it's finally the end of this story! yaaay! I just want to say I'm sorry for the delay and also I'm sorry if the style changed along the way. I wrote this with a year between part 2 and the rest so my mood might not exactly be the same.

I tried to include as many details I could, but I had to let a few things aside, since is wasn't relevant to the feeling of the story. This is my story, based on my life and almost, almost not modified. Baekhyun is me, if you haven't noticed it yet. Also, i tried to remember the emotions as I felt them back then, I'm sorry if it's unclear or confusing. I am a confused person! ahah!

 

Comments and votes are love!! Seriously, tell me how dumb I was >_< 

See you!! <3 <3