Chapter 5

Married to This Little Sh*t

I glanced at the young man in front of me. His cheeks are lil bit red comparing to the first time I saw after I stepped into this restaurant. Is the wine a bit too much for him?

“Yah, noona.” He smirked at me and offered me a spoon of his meal. “Do you want to try this?”

I raised my brow and took the spoon from him, but he shook his head while pulling the spoon away from my hand.

“Nah, I’ll just fed you.” He smiled at me.

“Sshh...listen, Jung Kook. We’re not close enough for you to feed me easily. Besides, I’m so embarrassed. I’m not that into fancy family dinner. This isn’t my thing.” I casually said.

“Then let me sit beside you so that we’re close enough for me to feed you easily.” He pouted.

“Ani, you got it wrong, dear. I don’t want you to feed me. That’s what I mean.” I chuckled at his dumbfounded face and his rosy cheeks.

“Silly me.” He put down the spoon and continued eating quietly. Did I just say something wrong? He looked so blue after I said that to him. I just shrugged my shoulder as if there was nothing I could do about it.

“Ae Rin’s never fond of feeding. I just could feed her until she was a year old. After that, even though she struggled to eat by herself, she just didn’t like it if someone took the spoon from her and fed her.” Suddenly my mother told everyone. And Jung Kook perked up at her story. About me.

“Yah, Mom. You don’t need to tell them about that.” I whined.

“Nah, that was such a funny memory. You were so cute back then when you tried to eat by yourself and lifted up the spoon with your tiny hand.” She smiled. I puffed out my cheeks and drank my wine again.

“Ae Rin-ah, how’s your college life? I heard that you already took your modern teaching methods? Where did you teach?” Jung Kook’s mother suddenly asked me. I glanced awkwardly at Jung Kook who seemed so absorbed in listening everything.

“No, I haven’t taken it yet, Eommoni. I took it this semester after I finish my research. Well, I don’t know where I should apply. Maybe you have some recommendations?” I suggested. She thought for a while and answered,”You can teach in Jung Kook’s school!” she said happily as she clapped her hands.

“Yes, noona! You can teach literature in my class. My teacher is so boring. Eew...” he added eagerly and showed me his puppy eyes, begging me to agree in anything related to my teaching practice.

“But...his school is so strict in receiving any new interns. There’re some seniors I knew who applied there but they weren’t accepted because of well...some silly reasons I think. So I don’t think I will be interested in his school.” I laughed awkwardly. Jung Kook eyed me suspiciously and I just drank more wine. The fact was I exactly didn’t want to be in the same place as him. Twice. We’ll meet in my campus and he was already too smiley and too cute to my liking. That’s considered as a reason, right? Right?

“I don’t think that’s a problem for you, noona. You look fine.” Jung Kook said faintly. I forced a smile at him and ate my dinner again, trying to be uncaring at his expression. Clearly he was upset at me.

The dessert come. It was gelato and I got the cookies and cream flavor. Lucky me, I sighed happily and began to scoop the ice cream with the dessertspoon. From the corner of my eye, I saw that Jung Kook got the choco mint one and he was pouting and eat slowly. Very slowly until I asked,

“Do you not like mint, Jung Kook?” he stopped at the very first spoon.

“Not really. Not in ice cream exactly.” He muttered. I chuckled at him and gave him mine.

“We can exchange. You can have mine.” I offered.

“Nah, I’ll be a man and just eat this mint ice cream. Girls like the sweet one, right.” He ate the first spoon and soon he grimaced. I chuckled and said,”

“Well...looks like you can’t stand the flavour.” I smirked.

“No. Definitely I can finish this one and ...”

“Shush! Just eat mine and I eat yours, okay? I don’t want someone fainting just because of ice cream.” I playfully said.

“Oh come on, Noona. I’m strong enough, but okay I’ll eat yours.” He smiled. I smiled at him too. We exchange our ice creams. Then he suddenly giggled.

“What?” I asked sharply.

“Nothing. I just like watching you when you eat ice cream. So happy and looked like a child.” He smirked. I stopped eat, gaping at him who was currently smiling innocently. What’s with that smirk, seriously?

***