final

thrill

Sehun hums in delight as he easily unlocks the door of the penthouse, such a pathetic excuse of security he thinks. He reaches into his pockets and feels the revolver seated properly in it. He feels adrenaline course through his veins as he imagines how shocked the owner of this apartment would be when he sees him. Probably another old guy that would get a heart attack upon seeing his gun, how interesting it was to see their body bent over and trying to take in big gulps of air.
He saunters through the apartment slowly appreciating the art that hung on the wall, the interior decorations and basically everything about the place itself. His sharp ears catches faint sounds of shuffling and feels himself getting more thrilled, it must be the sound of the poor person trying to escape. Sehun slowly makes his way towards the sound not bothering to walk softly because well he has already been noticed.
Sehun slowly pushed the door open to see a young boy probably 17 years old staring back at him. It usually wouldn’t have been a problem for him to get rid of the boy but this one was absolutely stunning. The boy had sparkly doe eyes and a button nose soft looking brown looks that Sehun just wanted to run his fingers through. Sehun just wanted to have the boy, the money he was intending to steal, he needed to steal the boy’s heart instead. Sehun didn’t know how long he was spacing out and thinking when he suddenly hears he clearing of throat.


“Hey, you’re Oh Sehun right? I’m Luhan. Now bring me along with you.”


Sehun doesn’t ask how the boy knows his name, but instead nods slightly too excitedly for his liking. Sehun also doesn’t ask why Luhan wants to tag along with him because he would like to believe it was love at first sight too. Sehun thinks of how nice a name is Luhan and also thinks of how intoxicating that voice is. He continues to imagine the dates he would bring Luhan on and how many kids they would adopt in the future.
“Uhm Sehun… let’s get going before someone catches you here.” Luhan whispered with urgency laced in his melodious voice.
Sehun nodded absently, too distracted by the fact that he had just found his soul mate. He feels a sudden comforting warmth surround his right hand and sees Luhan tugging him out of the door, asking him to lead the way. Sehun immediately understood that they needed to run and ignored how perfectly Luhan’s hand felt in his.
It didn’t take long before there were in Sehun’s Ferrari and speeding off into the night. Luhan’s face was filled with excitement as Luhan’s guards tried to chase after him but to no avail. Sehun felt his heart clench at the sight of Luhan smiling, promising himself that he would do anything within his ability to keep Luhan happy.
 
They stumbled out of Sehun’s car hand in hand and Sehun tries really hard to ignore the fluttering in his stomach as he leads Luhan into his house. That night, Sehun doesn’t ask any questions and Luhan doesn’t give any answers, instead Sehun fell asleep with his arms around Luhan in a protective manner. “So this is how it feels like to be in love”
 
To say Sehun’s ‘work life’ took a hundred and eighty degree turn was an understatement. Sehun had always worked solo and when Luhan begged him, he just couldn’t say no. He had expected Luhan to be a burden but no, Luhan made his job much easier and proved to be a helpful assistant for Sehun. Sehun had also started taking more  jobs because everytime he takes on one, Luhan will flash him the brightest smile he has ever seen.
The first time Sehun brings Luhan out on a date, it was to lotte world. The date had turned out terrible because Sehun never once saw a smile on Luhan’s flawless face and Luhan had also told him there was no need for dates. That night, Sehun was holding his tears in and he felt like a terrible boyfriend, his heart was broken. But all that did not matter because Luhan didn’t leave him the next day. As long as Luhan was with him, everything was going to be alright there were always other ways to make him happy.


Sehun finds himself falling even more for Luhan. He notices how he gazes at Luhan longer than he should. He notices how the shades of Luhan’s eyes change with the seasons. He notices the different hues of Luhan’s every strand of hair. He also starts to note the kind of food Luhan likes and dislikes. Luhan dislikes vegetables just like him and how Luhan only eats his meat two thirds cooked, which is really odd. Sehun sometimes wonders if Luhan loves him just as much but just as fast as he thinks of it, he pushes those thoughts away because as long as Luhan was in his arms all was well.


A few years down the road, he notices how Luhan and him are becoming more and more distant. They talk lesser and only interact when they do a job together. Yet, he also sees how Luhan stops smiling as bright during their jobs. Sehun tried his best to salvage the relationship that was falling apart and it did not help when he can hear people in his industry saying that Luhan was cheating on him with his best friend, Kim Jongin. He ignores those people because well Luhan was perfect and would never commit such a thing.
The day when he catches Luhan kissing Jongin was the first time he did not return home for the night. The fact that Luhan didn’t bother texting or calling him broke his heart, he started crying his eyes out because it hurt so much. It wasn’t supposed to turn out like this he thinks. He pushes the thoughts of how Luhan was at fault out of his mind and puts the blame on himself instead. He knew how much Luhan loved becoming thrilled, Sehun was probably too boring for him which was why he went to Jongin. Sehun cursed at himself for being such a terrible boyfriend to Luhan and racked his brain for solutions. In the end, he came up with nothing, proving to himself what a dumb person he was.


When he got back, there were no questions nor answers. There were only desperate kisses of want from Luhan, but for sehun it was a need. Sehun tried to go slow and make love to Luhan yet it ended up with Luhan asking to be ed raw. It felt awfully ual and as if there was no love involved. But Sehun pushed those thoughts away and focused on Luhan who was in his arms with a soft smile on his face.
Sehun had completely forgotten about the incident after a few months but fate never seemed to leave him alone. He came home earlier one day hoping to surprise Luhan but what he gets instead was hearing Luhan say to someone on the phone who he highly suspects is Jongin, “Years ago I went with Sehun only and yet now he seems to be be so boring”. Hearing that hit Sehun right in the gut, he left the house as softly as he came in.
He scolds himself for his stupidity. It had always been so obvious that Luhan was only with him for the thrill. It explains why Luhan almost always only smiles when they go on dangerous jobs. It also explains why Sehun was the only one initiating their skinship. Sehun was also the one who lingers his lips for a second longer than he should while Luhan’s kisses were filled with lust. Sehun decides to give Luhan one last chance because he really loved Luhan.


He returns to their shared house and acts like nothing has happened. He probably acted very well or maybe it was Luhan who just didn’t care. Sehun would like to believe it wasn’t the latter. Between their fervent kisses and needy touches Sehun manages to slip in a “Luhan what would you feel if I left you?” Sehun knew that was the end of their relationship when all Luhan did was giggle cutely and said “I’ll probably feel the thrill of losing you” That night Sehun made it a point to memorise all the features of Luhan’s face – not like he hadn’t already. Once he made sure Luhan was sound asleep, he slipped out of the bed and started packing his stuff up. He left a note on the kitchen counter because he knows the first place Luhan goes once he wakes up is the kitchen.


Sehun placed a soft kiss on Luhan’s forehead before making his way out of the house softly. How ironic it was, he was walking silently when he met Luhan and now he was silently leaving Luhan. He felt hot tears streaming down his face as what was left of his heart broke even more. Sehun silently prayed that Luhan would now be able to find his true happiness without Sehun weighing him down. It was then when he realized that being soulmates didn’t mean that they would end up together, it just meant that they were meant to be.
//
Luhan woke up shivering in cold, it was odd, this never happened. Luhan had always woke up with Sehun’s arm wrapped protectively around him. He shivered as he slowly brought the blanket to wrap himself up before waddling towards the kitchen.
“Sehunnie?” He calls, but there was no reply. This was unusual he thinks.
His eyes immediately landed on a piece of paper on the kitchen counter, raising his eyebrows curiously he made his way towards it. He scanned through the letter in record time and starts feeling his stomach sink and his knees give way. He doesn’t feel thrill course through his veins, instead he feels the sudden urge to cry and so he does. This wasn’t the first time Luhan had cried after knowing Sehun, but this time, the usual comforting hand that would rub soothing circles on his back wasn’t there, it felt awful.
Hands shaky, Luhan slowly picked up the letter to read it carefully.
Dear Lu,
Have I ever told you how thankful I am to have you in my life? You enabled me to feel this lovely feeling called love and you made my past few years the best few I ever had my whole life. The first time I saw you, it was love at first sight and back then I did not question why you had wanted me to bring you along because I was hoping you had fallen for me too. It wasn’t until now that I realise you are only with me because you love feeling thrilled and I could give you that. I’ve seen you smiling less and less when you’re with me and whenever you’re with Jongin your smiles become so frequent. It hurts to know that Jongin can give you so much more and if you were wondering, I did see you kiss Jongin too. I’m sorry I haven’t been a good boyfriend all this time but it doesn’t matter anymore because I am going to let you go so that you can pursue your own happiness. I doubt I will ever be able to get over you but it’s okay you don’t have to worry about me. I wish you all the best in your relationship with Jongin and everything else that you do.
Always loving you,
Sehun
 
Luhan felt his chest constrict and his vision start to blur as another wave of tears hit him. It hurts so bad, Luhan thinks. He cries till his eyes are puffy, silently praying for this to all be a dream and for Sehun to come back. He doesn’t understand what he is feeling, all he feels is a constant dull pain in his heart. Luhan finds himself constantly thinking about Sehun and all the memories they had. The thing is, he doesn’t recall anything else other than them doing their job together and some cuddling here and there. It then hits Luhan what a bad boyfriend he has been to Sehun all these time. 

He realises that he has been using Sehun all these time and how neglected Sehun must have felt. He recalls the times when Sehun goes the extra mile for him and how he was always the receiving end, Luhan has never given anything to Sehun. He feels his heart sink deeper as another wave of tears courses through. He looks around and realises how Sehun had left his house keys behind and car keys behind. He spies a pile of notes which could last him a lifetime on the table. Sehun was always considering Luhan's welfare and putting Luhan first. 

Luhan slowly got up and made his way to Sehun's study. It wasn't like he didnt expect it but it hurt so bad when he saw it. There were no traces of Sehun left and there were no photographs of both of them together either. It was then that he realises that he has fallen in love. In love with Sehun. He regrets not treasuring Sehun more, he hates himself for cheating on Sehun with Jongin and he knows that it would be impossible to find Sehun. Sehun was a master at hiding.  

Luhan has a plan. A plan to get Sehun back. He knew Sehun would probably continue his job of breaking into houses and Luhan was going to make sure he saw Sehun again by hook or by crook. Because what Luhan wants, Luhan gets.


//5 years later//
Luhan waits impatiently in the apartment, he knew Sehun was going to strike tonight, he had it calculated properly. Luhan had purchased many apartments across Seoul, spreading the word that rich people lived in there, hoping to attract Sehun to one of those apartments and meeting him again. Yet, Sehun had slipped through his fingers time and again. 10 years ago, Luhan had calculated properly after many tries and finally met Sehun. He knew this was the time when he could finally have Sehun back. His breath hitches when he hears the door unlock and soft footsteps make its way in. 15 more seconds. 

 Luhan takes in a sharp intake of breath as he hears the room door slowly open. It was history repeating itself. He feels butterflies in his stomach when his eyes meet Sehun's. He launches himself forward at Sehun and starts kissing Sehun like there is no tomorrow. His heart beating wildly because wow he is finally seeing Sehun after so many years. Like years ago, no words were needed. 

 

 

 

A/N OK I TRIED RLY HARD TO COMPLETE THIS FIC SO SORRY IF THE ENDING IS AND I MIGHT HAVE AN EPILOUGUE OR STH BJT THANKS FR READINF PLS COMMENT AND UPVOTE. happy 3 yr anniversary to hunhan btw hahaha

ok and luhan was actually in love w sehun so he stalked sehun so he cld meet him (the first time) but he thinks he was with sehun fr the thrill only so when sehun leaves he realises he loved sehun frm the start