Oranges. Do You Like Them?

Oranges. Do You Like Them?

Free days. No classes. No homework. They are the best days to do nothing but lie on the carpeted living room floor and stare at the ceiling according to these particular dorm mates. As usual, Ryeowook admires Sungmin not so subtly, The HaeHyuk couple cuddle and Leeteuk listens to his iPod. Everything is normal right? Not exactly. It all starts with one random word from Heechul’s mouth. 

“Oranges.”

Kyuhyun shoots a curious glance over at him, “What?” 

Heechul looks over at him with a shy smile on his face, “Oranges. Do you like them?”

Everyone suddenly stops whatever they are doing and awaits the maknae’s answer. Kyuhyun shrugs “They aren’t my favourite but yeah, I like them.” They all giggle and Kyuhyun looks at them in confusion.

“That explains a lot Kyu. Just as I thought. So which one of us do you like?” Leeteuk speaks with a knowing smile.

Kyuhyun flushes and grabs a pillow and covers his face, “Not telling.”

Leeteuk, Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Donghae automatically run to him and to their hearts’ content. Ryeowook is too busy staring at Sungmin’s to care and Heechul is grinning creepily with his eyes closed.

Donghae is the first to notice Heechul’s expression, “Hyung? Are you alright?” as he clings on to Eunhyuk’s arm in fear.

Heechul opens his eyes and looks Kyuhyun in the eye, “Hey, have you ever realized that when you peel an orange, it’s like you’re making it get ?”

 Kyuhyun looks at him with wide eyes and a tomato red face. “N-?”

 Heechul smirks at him as he joins the others in cornering Kyuhyun and they all say,“.”

He pulls the pillow back up to his face and clings onto it for dear life, “Hyung, can you not say that word?”

Heechul looks at him innocently as the others sit there minding their own business with amused faces, “What? ‘?’”

Ryeowook begins to flush as well and begins to take Kyuhyun’s side as the other is too embarrassed to answer, “Uh...Yeah hyung. Don’t say ‘’.”

“Sure. I won’t say ‘’. Oops I just said ‘’ Gahh I keep saying ‘’.” He says as they all burst out in laughter one by one causing Kyuhyun to lock himself in his room and not come out until everyone is asleep.

Kyuhyun opens his door with a small creak and he passes by the HaeHyuk room, ignoring Eunhyuk’s wanton moans and the sound of the bed breaking. He heads to the kitchen only to jump slightly when he sees Heechul sitting shirtless on top the kitchen counter, eating an orange.

“Oh hey, Kyu. Want an orange? It’s already peeled so you can feel the wonderful texture.”

Kyuhyun just nods and takes the orange. “Hyung. Would you confess even though you might get hurt?”

Heechul hums, “Yeah. It’s best to get it off your chest. Need help confessing to someone Kyuhyunnie?” asks Heechul with a smirk. 

Kyuhyun’s looks down, “I-I don’t know. I’ve been trying for a while but I keep getting interrup—“ 

Heechul’s phone rings. “Oh Hongki!” and he left the room. Kyuhyun sighed and banged his head against the kitchen table. ‘Interrupted again.’

He gets up and walks out of the room only to come back ten minutes later and see Ryeowook resting his head against the cool table surface.

“Have you even thought of trying to confess?”

Ryeowook raises his head and turns towards Kyuhyun who was now seated at the kitchen table as well. “Of course I have...It’s just that...I’m scared of what he’ll say. I don’t think he likes me the same way.”

Kyuhyun speaks, “Hmm. Sungmin’s feelings are really a mystery. You will have to find out for yourself but I’m sure that he must feel something for you.” If only I could tell myself that...’

Ryeowook sighs, “I would die for a kiss from him. Is that something I should be worried about? Seeing as I’ve never...” ‘Nope. I feel the same way about Heechul-hyung.’

Kyuhyun grins, “Nothing is wrong with it hyung but I believe I have a plan in the works.”

The next day Kyuhyun tries to make Ryeowook kiss a picture of Sungmin. Somehow Heechul finds his way into the locked room and puts an arm around Ryeowook, “Ryeowookie, why didn’t you tell your hyung that you have a crush on our Minnie?”

A light bulb suddenly appears above Heechul’s head and he jumps around like a child, “You are going to ask Sungmin for kissing lessons.” ‘He’s so cute when he jumps around like that. Wait. Omo that’s embarrassing but it just might work.’

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook’s eyes widen in shock and panic flashes across the latter’s face. “Hyung, I’m not confident about that kind of thing.” 

As you know Heechul always gets his way so Ryeowook finds himself standing outside his own bedroom staring at the door. Sungmin opens the door and their noses almost touch. “Oh Wookie, what do you need?” Ryeowook stutters, “K-Kiss. C-Can you teach me?” Kyuhyun can’t take anymore of this so he just shoves his anxious hyung right into Sungmin, “Hyung. Ryeowook needs kissing lessons. Please put him out of his misery.” “Sure,Kyu.

When Kyuhyun leaves the room with a smirk, he pecks Heechul, who was feeling nervous for his little Ryeowookie, on the lips and they dash outside and peek through the window.

Heechul is a bit shocked at the random peck but Kyuhyun just smiles and grabs his hand and they run to the window where they can witness the scene for themselves.

They wait in suspense for the big moment and when it happens, Heechul jumps for joy and latches onto the unsuspecting Kyuhyun who put his arms around him and presses his lips to Heechul’s in a mind-blowing kiss. 

Heechul pulls away smiling as if nothing happened between them then begins to cry at the sight of Ryeowook walking out of their dorm and he runs and tackles him. Kyuhyun runs and initiates a group hug and they both feel like proud parents that witnessed their son losing his lip ity.

In class during the week, Kyuhyun slumps down on his desk thinking about Heechul and his lips that surprisingly, actually taste like oranges.  Later on that day, he hides himself away in the bathroom to relieve himself of his erted thoughts. It’s like a film reel that won’t stop showing a movie, and he endures it slowly and painfully.

 The next night, he spends in the kitchen, drinking coffee to keep him awake. His Heechul-with-oranges fantasy is too much for him to handle. He’s trying to preserve the little bit of sanity that he has left, because Heechul has been driving him crazy.

Meanwhile in Heechul’s room

He wonders why he kissed him those times. Does he like me? Nah I’m pretty sure he likes someone else like that Seohyun girl. But I’m prettier than her...I don’t know anymore. I can’t get my mind off him. His lips...Does he know that they taste like oranges?’ 

He’s kissed him once when he was sleeping and he’s gotten addicted. Hence his constant orange eating. What he doesn’t know is Kyuhyun is on his way to confess to him. He hears the footsteps but then his phone rings and it is Hongki once again. He answers the call but what he doesn’t know is that the footsteps have stopped and turned in the opposite direction.

It’s now Saturday and Hongki is walking back to his own dorm when something hits him in the back. “Aish. What the f---Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun stood there watching him with a bag of oranges tied around his waist, orange in hand. “Kyuhyun...What are you doing?”

“Hongki. Do you think you deserve to be hit with this orange?”

Hongki speaks uneasily, “Kyuhyun-ah, are you ok? What’s gotten into you?” 

“Every single time I try to confess to Heechul-hyung, you end up interrupting somehow!” shouts Kyuhyun as he throws the orange in his hand at Hongki to which the latter dodges.

Hongki speaks, “Before you hit me with all those oranges, if you were to confess to Heechul-hyung, what would you say?”

Kyuhyun lowers his hand which was ready to throw the orange with full force. “I would say that he has made my world gain billions of stars that shine every night that I think of him. When I see his smiling face, I feel his happiness and I wish I could make it triple. He’s the one and I’m not going to give him up. Ever. Because I love him.”

“Y-You r-really mean that?!” 

Kyuhyun turns around slowly with wide eyes, “H-Heechul-hyung! I-I...Um...”

“I love you too.” Heechul embraces him tightly with one of his signature tackle-hugs and he presses his lips to the maknae’s soft lips none too gently. Kyuhyun’s mind practically explodes at that moment as he begins to kiss back with the same amount of force. Hongki is ready to sneak away from Kyuhyun’s wrath when suddenly an orange whacks him in the head while the pair are still kissing. 

They both pull away and Heechul buries his face in Kyuhyun’s chest, “Did you know that you taste like oranges?”

“I could say the same about you” Kyuhyun grins as he throws another orange at Hongki while he’s attempting to get up off the ground.

Heechul winks at him then whispers, “Wanna know where else tastes like oranges?”

Kyuhyun tenses as the thoughts he has of Heechul with orange juice running down his body, resurface in his mind.

“We’ll talk about that later. Right now, revenge.”

They run after Hongki throwing oranges at him, without mercy. Somewhere along the way they stop to eat the oranges and Kyuhyun and Heechul head back to the dorm, attached by the mouth, clothes on their way to being removed.

Heechul flings their bedroom door open and they break apart upon hearing someone cough, “Oops. Wrong room.” Sungmin just smirks and Ryeowook giggles as Heechul drags a very needy Kyuhyun to their correct bedroom.

Heechul lands on top of Kyuhyun, “Will you be mine forever?” he asks, biting into an orange. Kyuhyun smirks that y smirk of his that makes Heechul weak, “Forever and always,” he then presses his lips against his lover’s own pair.

Heechul pulls away, “Oranges. Do You Like Them?”

Kyuhyun crawls on top of Heechul, “Yeah. I love you more though.”