you and me

A Better One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi lazily scrolled her twitter timeline. Hell, there’s no new tweet feed for the last thirty minutes. Well, of course, today is Monday and everyone is working. She’s practically alone in the house. It’s been more than a month since she graduated from high school and she’s someone that can’t sit still doing nothing. She insisted on going for a part time job but her parents strongly opposed her idea. They told her that she’s too young to work and there are a lot of bad guys outside there – blablabla. She knew her parents were just being overprotective over her. It’s not like she hates it, it just she doesn’t want to be too dependable on her parents. She’s going to go to college and maybe, far away from them.

 

They really should believe her that she can take care of herself. It’s not fair that her twin brother, Seungyoon gets to do some jamming gigs and earned some money at a bistro. Still, as a good daughter always, she couldn’t do anything about that but just staying at the house, doing some house chores and surfing the internet; twitter, Tumblr or anything that interest her with her tummy lie faced downward on the bed comfortably. She blew her non-existed bangs of dullness and continued opening new tabs on her MacBook. Her eyes keep staring the new feeds on her twitter timeline and suddenly, something caught her eyes. Her eyes kept widening as she read this particular feed on the screen.

 

 

Have you ever friend-zoning someone before? Who is she?

Yeah, I’ve been friend-zoning this someone but I’ll never let anyone know about that because I know that she'll get upset and I don't want to break her heart again.

7 minutes ago

 

 

Seulgi’s jaw dropped unconsciously and automatically sat up from her position. The pure horribleness was written all over her face right after she read the feed. It was a question from someone’s Ask.fm. Well, these days’ trends, their Ask.fm can be seen on their timeline along with their answers. She knew it was about her. This someone is her beloved guy best friend, Oh Sehun. It’s been a month since they last saw each other during a group lunch right after high school’s graduation. They were best of friends, like Spongebob Squarepants – Sandy Cheeks, Superman – Wonder Woman, Harry Potter – Hermione Granger, Freddie Benson – Carly Shay and anything called best buddies.

 

But well, everything changes right after senior year when Sehun realized her bizarre changes. Kang Seulgi doesn’t squeal whenever he hugged her, she rather smacks him on the head on the spot. Kang Seulgi doesn’t blush when he joked around with her about being together, she would laugh her off and said, she rather chose their troll prankster friend, Jongdae over him. Kang Seulgi doesn’t act girlish in front of him, she farts loudly whenever she want on his handsome face. Kang Seulgi doesn’t squirm when he pecks her cheeks, she would wipe them off with Clorox and threat to skin him alive. Kang Seulgi doesn’t whine when he disagreed to watch her favorite movies, she would strangle him until he’s out of oxygen and he’ll always say yes at the end. Kang Seulgi doesn’t do giggle, she laughed like I-kill-you- kind of laugh.

 

Yes, Kang Seulgi is in love with her best friend, Oh Sehun. Sehun realized about that when one of their buddies, Jongin accidentally spilled out the beans during a basketball practice. Indeed, Seulgi actually likes him more than a best friend and there’s no such good sign about it. Seulgi and Sehun hold on these words – Best friends don’t fall in love with each other. It sounds like an oath to them and Seulgi inadvertently broke it.

 

Since that day, Sehun started to distance himself from Seulgi. He acted so awkwardly around her because he doesn’t know how to act and what to say to her. Seulgi doesn’t know actually happened when Sehun always somehow try to avoid her until Jongin spilled the beans, again. It broke Seulgi’s heart, soul, and everything. Sehun started to act cold with her. Seulgi’s life was never the same again without her second self, Sehun. Every day felt so different and everything that she did, see, heard or anything always remind her of him. She didn’t blame Jongin because it was her fault after all. She knew that this was coming but well, when we were too attached to someone, we will end up liking them too much and when they left, life felt so empty. Seulgi is still Kang Seulgi. She learned to keep strong and act like nothing happened. But every time their path went crossing each other’s, she wanted to break down and begged him to come back and that’s not going to happen when both of them are too egoistic.

 

The whole first term went out too distinct and odd without each other’s presences. Both of them knew how they missed being together, watching their favorite band’s music videos under the same blanket, making random parody videos, cam- with everyone’s phones and cameras and goofing around at the school field. Lucky that they went to different classes, she took engineering class while Sehun is a biology student so at least, less awkwardness around them. Even though they have different personalities, nothing can stop them from being gossip mates, hero – sidekick, siblings and mostly, best friends forever.

 

Maybe, fate loves them. Their relationship started to heal a bit when Sehun apologized to her through her Twitter’s direct messages. He apologized for being such a jerk. He even knew that she cried behind her back when he sent her an apology letter about their ruined friendship and also about Krystal. Yeah, she can be called as the third wheel. Seulgi already knew long ago when they were still friends that Sehun has an ultimate crush on the school princess, Krystal Jung. She is one per third of the reason that their friendship shattered. Seulgi didn’t blame her at all, everyone loves Krystal Jung, she’s nice and pretty and everything about her is just perfect. It hurt when Seulgi reminisced the time where Sehun’s eyes reflected everything that he felt for Krystal when Sehun dragged her to the Student Council lounge – he’s the Student Council’s dedicated secretary and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter