13 Blind Dates

13 Blind Dates

Leeteuk sighed as he looked out the window flower shop and saw happy couples passing by and men choosing flowers for their significant other. He wondered if there really was someone out there for him. Even if there was, how was he going to meet them in the first place? How will he know that they are the one?

Heechul pat him on the shoulder with a knowing smile and spoke, “Teukkie, you need to live a little instead of being cooped up in this flower shop. I’m gonna help you out.” Leeteuk turned to him with an unsure expression, “What are you thinking Chul-ah?” Heechul just smiled and looked through his phone contacts.

Later that night, Leeteuk sat on his couch reading a book, enjoying the peace and quiet when Heechul climbed through his window. He looked scandalized as Heechul grinned at him, “Get up and get dressed. You are having a hot date tonight.”

That is exactly how Leeteuk found himself sitting in a restaurant waiting on his date to arrive. He nervously looked back at Heechul who was there at a nearby table just in case Leeteuk needed help as he had zero dating experience whatsoever. Eunhyuk walked in the restaurant with a smirk and an attitude which set alarms off in his head at once. “Hi. I’m Eunhyuk. You must be Leeteuk.” 

Leeteuk introduced himself and the date was fine. If you omit Eunhyuk’s somewhat arrogant remarks and his talking about his best friend Donghae. Leeteuk sighed as he and Heechul sat down on his couch and ate fat-free yogurt thinking of what to do next. Heechul grabbed his phone again. Another blind date.

A week later, Heechul climbed through his bedroom window, “Yah! Teukkie! Another hot date coming your way!” Leeteuk smoothened down his hair and glared at him, “Who is it this time?” Heechul sat next to him on his bed and spoke, “You know that guy you saw at the park once? The one who was rolling around on the grass with his dog?” Leeteuk thought about it for a while and decided to head to the cafe where he was to meet his date. He sat down and ordered a vanilla latte as he watched a cute guy with longish hair walk into the cafe with his small white dog. ‘Is that even allowed?’ “Hi I’m Lee Donghae! And this is Bada!” Leeteuk smiled at his cuteness and he introduced himself. Apparently Donghae acts as if he is a preschooler rather than a dance instructor. He even Leeteuk to show that he liked him. Leeteuk bid Donghae and Bada goodbye, saying that he had an appointment that he was late for and as soon as he walked out the door, he dialled Heechul’s number. 

A month had gone by and Leeteuk had gone on many odd dates. A guy that only plays violin, A guy that carries his turtle everywhere, even a guy that played Starcraft the entire date. He still hadn’t found the one. Heechul called him once more saying to go to the cafe because his date is waiting for him. Leeteuk sighed and strolled to the cafe. His eyes widened by who he saw. Heechul himself was his date. “Teukkie, I had no one else. It was worth a shot even though I’ve been stalking that Chinese guy at the dumpling restaurant.” Leeteuk sighed and dragged Heechul home with him to eat more yogurt.

Two months later, Heechul makes Leeteuk close his eyes and choose a random name out of a hat. A week after that, Leeteuk finds himself sitting alone in a movie theatre waiting for his date. He was scared that his date wouldn’t be able to find him and he would have to fend for himself in this horror movie which Heechul bought the tickets for. He mentally freaked out and ran around in his head when he felt someone sit down next to him. He looked up subtly at his date. ‘Omo! He’s cute! Like a raccoon!’ 

“Hi. I’m KangIn. You must be Leeteuk.” Leeteuk nodded shyly as KangIn smiled and held his hand. The movie started and five minutes into the movie Leeteuk was already jumpy but the feeling of KangIn’s hand holding his was enough to make him feel a different emotion. He clung onto KangIn while KangIn protectively wrapped an arm around him. 

“Leeteuk-ssi, can I kiss you?” Leeteuk flushed a deep crimson and nodded though he wasn’t sure why. He shied away from KangIn a bit and tightly closed his eyes. KangIn noticed this but he kept moving in anyway. Their lips touched and their touch felt electric. KangIn could tell that this kiss was Leeteuk’s first and he smiled knowing that fact. They broke apart shortly and Leeteuk suddenly found his hands extremely interesting. KangIn grabbed his hand and they ran out of the theatre to head to an abandoned playground.

“KangIn-ssi, what would you say if I said I was falling for you?” Leeteuk looked up at him with a sparkle in his eyes despite his nervousness.

KangIn smiled up at the stars above them while they sat on the swings, “I would say that the distance you have fallen is very long. I prayed for someone to love forever and God sent me an angel.”

Leeteuk blushed and he laughed and intertwined his fingers with KangIn’s, “I really need to thank Heechul later, I had to go through 13 horrible blind dates.”

The next day he and KangIn went to the mall to meet Heechul. Leeteuk’s eyes widened when he saw Heechul sitting on the lap of Hankyung, the hot Chinese guy. ‘Wow. I guess I wasn’t the only one.” KangIn smiled at his expression and laughed as they both saw a familiar couple walking through the mall with a small white dog. “Hyukkie! You buy me this monkey plushy and I’ll buy you that Nemo plushy. That way I can cuddle with you even when you aren’t near me.” Eunhyuk smiled a genuine gummy smile and wrapped an arm around his best friend-turned-boyfriend’s waist. 

Leeteuk and KangIn were sitting in Leeteuk’s flower shop, which was coincidentally near to KangIn’s bookstore, looking at their wedding rings. “Mr. Kim Youngwoon, I believe I have fallen for you.” “Mr. Kim Jungsu, I have fallen even harder for you, my angel.”