[2/3]

Pinocchio


►Soo Jung

    Hot Chocolate is in the air filling Soo Jung's nose just enough for her to wake up. "Oww," Soo Jung massages her head with her palms. With her head all banged up from last night, Soo Jung is not in the mood to giggle with unicorns. In fact nothing comes to her mind just a strong pound to her head like a hammer pounding a nail. The reek of alcohol is wandering around the room. And for the first time, Soo Jung considers herself as a total disaster not a perfectly perfect girl in whom everyone admires.

"I am totaally sober right now." Sarcasm is the first thing Soo Jung blurts out as she doesn't even bother to know where she is.

The smell of alcohol continues to reek out of the guest room and as soon as Sehun opens the door, a pang of overwhelm hits him. He comes in carrying a bowl full of hangover soup. Out of turn Soo Jung gasps,

 

"What the hell are you doing in my bedroom!?" Her hand immediately grabs a pillow; it flies into the air almost hitting Sehun.

But he's quick enough to dodge it. "Look who's rowdy." scoffs Sehun still approaching Soo Jung with a hardy bowl of soup.

"You ert! get out of my house!" Soo Jung screams grabbing another pillow and threatens Sehun with it.

 

      "Relax, this is my house!" Sehun places the food on the dresser and flings his hands up to his chest. Kind of like a 'I surrender' gesture. A pillow slams into his face without warning, letting itself serve as another 'good morning' (or 'bad' morning) wake up call. Sehun is left frozen at the thought of what to do and how to react. Soo Jung however, covers herself in blankets around her, eventually rolling herself into a human burrito.

 

"This is my bed get out." Soo Jung's demands into her pillow.

            Drawing closer and closer to Soo Jung, Sehun turns into a troll. He can't take the fact that someone is 'owning' his bed. Both of his arms grip Soo Jung's waist, slinging her entire body over his shoulder easily. Meanwhile Soo Jung- still wrapped in blankets like a burrito- is trying her best with kicking and thrashing her arms and legs.

 

"Yah! What the are you doing?" Soo Jung screeches into as if she's getting kidnapped.

"Can you not scream? My brother's going to wake up because of you." scolds Sehun.

"You even brought your brother to my house!? What are you trying to do to me!" Soo Jung barks with accusation like a military police officer.

Arriving at the couch, he not-so-gently lets go of Soo Jung causing her to let out a raspy grunt.

"Look around, does this look like your house to you?" Sehun reluctantly crosses his arms expecting for an apology. Out pop's Soo Jung's head out of her burrito shell, it takes a few minutes for Soo Jung to finally realize that she's totally wrong. And possibly, to Sehun, out of her mind.

"Sorrry," Soo Jung flashes an unapologetic smile at Sehun. But a quick thought wipes the single apology in a second,

"You have any food?" says Soo Jung instantly getting up and into the kitchen. Raiding the cabinets and the refrigerator, a stunned looking Soo Jung stares at the many instant noodle packs and a collection of instant Mac and Cheese.

"Is this all you eat?" Soo Jung scoffs. Two palms slam against Soo Jung's shoulders giving her a fright,

"Get out," Sehun whispers into her ear making Soo Jung tremor just a little.

      Soo Jung bossily crosses her arms and shifts her eyes to Sehun, then gives him a ' I'm not impressed' eye roll. She expects Sehun to be a gentlemen and cook her something decent. But that can only happen in her dreams. Besides, sehun had already made hangover soup for her, so if she didn't eat it (a) she'll probably starve or (b) she'll add on to the burden of not apologizing.

 

     Besides, apologizing is really not her thing. In her life, she tries to lessen the harm she would have caused by 'trying' to seem perfect. So no one would come close to her enough, to recognize how fragile and weak she actually is. But that doesn't necessarily mean she ignores what she has done wrong. Despite all of this, it's all a sham. Because that's not who she is- she knows that, the problem is the colours she's been hiding for ages are having trouble getting out of the prison of what people think she should be.

"Look, I- I'm ashamed. And I hope-" Sehun shushes her and points to the T.V which displayed a beautiful beach with white sand and turquoise-clear water.

"What? Have you never been to a beach before?",

"Nope. Always went to summer school. My parents were on business trips, brother was too lazy and I had homework." A grin appears on Sehun's face, meaning he's proud of that.

"And you're proud of that?" Soo Jung scoffs,

"It's better than putting on masks that everyone wants to wear and pretending that the world is still full of giggles and mystical creatures." That sentence initiates a flame of anger into Soo Jung.

 

But she doesn't speak because she knows what he's saying is accurately correct. Instead she lets out a groan.

"Enough of your unreasonable predictions." Soo Jung almost spits out.

"Come on, you need fresh air.",

"No I don't. Stop grabbing my wrist."


And with that a flirty bicker comes in.


►Sehun


         Unreasonable predictions? Why was Soo Jung angry? Have I misunderstood her somehow? Did I miss a part?  Sehun began to second-think himself. Out of all the people he'd been observing, Soo Jung is the hardest. She's the words and drawings in Leonardo Da Vinci's journal- mirrored and hard to decipher.

         For some odd reason, Soo Jung's actions mirrored his own but with a very different twist: Sehun cared what other people would think but he didn't let other people influence his decisions. Unlike Soo Jung, who uses the power of 'fitting in' to disguise the many cracks that had developed everywhere. Soo Jung's warm on the outside, Sehun shoves emotions aside.

"Are you even listening to me?" Sehun snaps out of his entangled thoughts.

"Sorry, I was just... thinking.",

"Whatever it is. Don't tell me." Soo Jung murmurs.

 

        An odd eerie grows between them, and both don't intend to speak. Nearby a bus comes toward them, "Hic-" the silence fills with the sound of hiccups but is soon interrupted by Soo Jung's hand sneaking into  Sehun's sweater pocket. She grips Sehun's soft hands as if she won't be able to anymore. And with a force she drags Sehun into the bus.

 

            As they take a seat, Sehun's face flushes. No one else was on the bus, just the two of them. There's got to be way to end my hiccups Sehun thinks. The hormonal urge of wanting to do something outrageous flowing through his veins. Soon, the gap between them disappears as Sehun leans in placing his lips right on Soo Jung's peppermint scented lips.

 

            Breathing in the same breath, Sehun finally found what he didn't want to find. He found a person that had the ability to hurt him. Someday, he pictures, Soo Jung's never-ending smile and her mysterious thoughts from the moment he wakes up to the moment he sleeps every single day of his life.

         There's only one problem. That problem struck Sehun's head the way he fell in love with Soo Jung at that exact moment. Their lips let go, and a stare between them emerges and doesn't seem to break.

"Can I ask you, What will happen to us?" Sehun held the pieces of himself together.

"I can't stand...long distance...relationships" stumbling on her words, Soo Jung tries to overcome the overwhelming fear that's trying to take over her.

 

Instead, both of her hands cup Sehun's face. She squeezes his cheeks inward.

"Stop being so negative," Soo Jung playfully punches Sehun. But Sehun wanted to know so badly, he's full of worry.

"Would you really do that?",

"Do what?",

"Hurt me,",

"No. I don't want to." Sehun grips Soo Jung's hand.

“Good, cause I don't want my heart to be broken my you.” Sehun smiles.

"Live for the moment," Sehun adds. Soo Jung only nodds, her lie worked.  Her lie will wreck Sehun.

"Hic-" Sehun jumps,

"Look! now your Pinocchio came back!" Soo Jung grumbles.

"We're here-",

"Hic-!" Soo Jung points through the window.

 

      At the roaring ocean waves attacking the rocks and the water washing the shore. As they get off, Sehun tries to shove every possible thing that might happen in the future. He thinks that with his hiccuping, he's actually 'hiccuping' the problems away. Soon, Soo Jung's smile filled all his worries. Even though his hiccups kept going on. Sehun disappears for a moment; going for a quick trip to the convenient store.

         Soo Jung sits on the sand where the water washes her toes, and the breeze rushing through their hair. It's not long before Sehun comes back with ice cream drumsticks in one hand. He sends one flying in midair luckily Soo Jung catches it with both arms. And as of that moment the only paradise Sehun hoped for in the future was to be with Soo Jung.

 

No, he didn't need a fancy job or an expensive car, or a big-booty wife, or even popularity. All he needs is Soo Jung. The mysterious, unreadable Soo Jung.

"There's one question, I want to ask you though." Soo Jung grins,

"What is it? How many cups of bubbletea can I chug?" Sehun exposes his wild guess.

But Soo Jung's question is far too serious for a quick laugh.

"What will you do if I... I disappeared?" Sehun wiggles his eyebrows thinking it's a joke question. But in truth, it really wasn't.

"Well, I'd search the entire world for you. I have super powers yenno?" A wink goes toward Soo Jung. In response, a disgusted look appears on Soo Jung's face

"Eww. That is really cheesy." She cringes.

Sehun shrugs, clearly that's not the answer Soo Jung wants.

"Fine, if you disappeared, I would swim the oceans to find you." A hand smacks Sehun in the back of his head.

"Be serious!" hollers Soo Jung impatiently.

"Ugh. I'd probably end up in a mental hospital and commit suicide. But then, if you really do disappear I think I'm going to move on with my life but I still wouldn't forget you",

"You like me that much? I just met you like almost 2 weeks ago.",

"Come to think of it, it's actually pretty amazing...how you made me fall in love with you.",

"Love?",

"This-" Sehun leans in all of a sudden and pecks Soo Jung's cheek. A light pink appears on Soo Jung's cheek.

"So, you have a gift for me?" Sehun nudges her shoulder.

"How'd you know?" curiosity fills Soo Jung.

"I just guessed. So where's my gift?" Sehun cutely crosses his arms. Digging into her bag, Soo Jung grabs a huge jar buried at the very bottom.

"Close your eyes.",

"Hic-!"

The moment Sehun opens his eyes, a small jar is shoved to his chest. But it seemed to be the cure to his hiccuping. A jar full of colorful origami paper stars sat in Sehun's hands.

"Guess the exact number of stars in the jar without opening it or counting it, or calculating the volume or anything. Just guess." A smirk arises from Soo Jung.

“Yehet!” Sehun chants cutely.

"What will I get if I guess the number?",

"I'll marry you." mutters Soo Jung.

"Is that I promise I hear?" Sehun nudges Soo Jung's shoulder annoyingly once again.

"If you figure the exact number without opening it and counting it, or calculating the volume or anything. I will marry you, Oh Sehun." She confirms the deal. 

The butterflies can't stop fluttering in Sehun's stomach, at the same time his heart felt like a ticking bomb ready to explode with so much love it was receiving.

 

"Promise me," But he still wanted to make sure, he held out his pinky. And Soo Jung happily grabs it with hers. They seal it with their thumbs.

"So, do you love me or not? Cause you better love me right. I'm special edition.",

 "Do you want to die Oh Sehun? during this trip my heart is about to die because of you. And if I die you better bury me correctly. Or I'll haunt you." Soo Jung spits out.

Anyhow, Sehun can't help but notice that Soo Jung hasn't answered his question. But then Sehun figures, he has to be patient. 


►Soo Jung


"Soo Jung-ah!" Jessica Jung is filled with too much excitement; she shakes her sister awake. A loud husky groan escapes Soo Jung.

"What the hell do you want?",

"Wake up! Wake upppp!" Jessica screams in her little sister's ear while jumping on the bed. This causes Soo Jung to fall out of her bed.

"What!?" Soo Jung screams back,

"Get dressed we're attending a wedding today! And we're the bridesmaid's!" Jessica continues to jump up and down on Soo Jung's bed holding a strapless baby blue dress that went down to her knees.

"Wait, What!? Who's getting married?",

"My high-school best friend and the Highschool Sweetheart!" Jessica squeals like a fan girl, certainly unable to retain the excitement.

"Oh, and I think your partner for this wedding his Kai!",

"." Soo Jung curses, no not him. Out of all the boys available, why him. For goodness sake, I have a boyfriend.

"Can't I just bring my boyfriend with me?" exclaims Soo Jung, Jessica's expression changes

"You have a boyfriend!?",

"Duh." Says Soo Jung rolling her eyes.

"Well no. Get dressed" Jessica tosses another baby blue dress to her sister, and it lands on Soo Jung's face. Soo Jung gets up and gets into her washroom slamming it shut. A few moments later, her phone rings.

"Hello?" She answers,

"Ugh, can I complain my complaints to you?" Sehun asks.

"I have complaints too." Soo Jung laughs.

"I'm going to a wedding" they both say simultaneously. "I have a partner, Kai" Soo Jung mutters. On the other side, Sehun wheezes.

"My partner is my old childhood friend, Jung Da Eun. She's okay though. Unlike yours. Ha-Ha-Ha",

"I better not catch you flirting with her!",

"And I better not catch you flirt with that ladies' bastard, Kai. Yehet?" Sehun assures.

   “Yehet,” Soo Jung responds and hangs up. For a second Soo Jung shakes off the small shards of jealousy. "Are you done!?" Jessica's screams kill Soo Jung's train of thought, snapping Krystal out of her daze. "In a minute! Gosh!"  In a few minutes she exits the bathroom and enters the living room, Jessica stares at her.

"Our parents must be really lucky, they have two daughters with both the good genes." praises Jessica.  

"But, wait. Where are my shoes?",

"Uh... I think they forgot to send an extra pair. I think you need the new sneakers mom bought you." Jessica holds in a smirk.

"But they're too big!" whines Soo Jung.

"Come on, we have to go. You just have to deal with it!" Soo Jung can't help but feel upset.

        She's wearing such a beautiful outfit, but then there's the damn converse shoes. But there's no time to waste or even complain, they're already late. The sisters rush out the door, not even bothering to properly shut it close. They jump in Jessica's Mercedes-Benz and although Soo Jung always hated her sister's driving, there's no other way they would get to the revenue.

       A few yawns, and an over speeding car later, they arrive and line up with their partners back-to-back. The only problem was, Kai wasn't there yet. Ugh, what else could go wrong. Each couple started walking down the aisle. Anxiousness flowing through Soo Jung's veins.

      Finally a sense relief overcomes her worries when she feels someone else's back against hers. With the line shortening, the time to come face to face with the jerk- kingka Kai is also approaching. Thus, Soo Jung was ready to put on her face. The wedding planner signals them to turn around, and both of their expression changes from a cold hard stares to bright eye smiles.

"Oh Sehun?",

"Jung Soo Jung?" Sehun anchors out his elbow for Soo Jung to take it. She slips in her arm,

"Nice shoes.” Sehun stares at her newly bought converse. She bites her lips- Why does it have to be the shoes he has to notice first.

“Yenno, I think it's fate that brought us together... here." Sehun chuckles under his breath.

"Dude. Stop. Do you want a broken nose? I think I'm going to throw up if you keep saying this cheesy ." Soo Jung threatens.

"Instead of complaining, how about we go somewhere after or during the reception?" Sehun insists,

"What? You want to go jump people?" says Soo Jung sarcastically.

"Maybe," Sehun smirks. As the end of the aisle approaches, Sehun quickly hesitates on what he wants to say.

"I still haven't heard you say  ' I like you'  back" He speaks before separating to the left, while Soo Jung goes to the right.

             Soo Jung wishes she never hears that sentence. Otherwise no one knows what she can do to herself. She might as well go crazy and jump in front of a train, just to eliminate these feelings for Oh Sehun. But she knows nothing will make them disappear. For the next hour or so, Sehun and Soo Jung's communication was comprised by head nods and shakes.

"Okay, Ladies and Gentlemen. Please find your designated partner, we will start the formal ballroom dance very soon." The MC's voice echoes and bounces off the revenue's walls, giving Soo Jung a shiver.

"Can I have this dance?" Sehun approaches Soo Jung awkwardly, his legs trying to stay stable.

"I'm sorry, I don't know. CAN you dance with me?" Soo Jung snaps her normal attitude finally making its comeback.

"Uhh... What I mean to say was...uhh. May I have this dance?" Sehun clears his throat and gestures his elbow for Soo Jung to take it.

        But the truth is Soo Jung doesn't know how to dance, overall she's the clumsiest woman who still trips going down the stairs. Her fear of failing makes her want to deny everything and go home. And the eagerness in her heart makes her want to do it anyway.

"I...actually...can't dance." Soo Jung mutters hoping Sehun dismisses what she says.

"I'm sorry, I don't know. CAN you dance?" Sehun returns her sarcasm.

       His smile spreading all the way to his ears like a monkey who is given a whole bundle of bananas. Immediately after he goes in and clutches Soo Jung's hand. And pulls her out of her seat. But that didn't go as Sehun had expected. Instead, Soo Jung looses her balance quickly. Her arms swinging like a windmill back and forth. One of her shoes fling off of her foot, and she crashes hard on the floor. The shoe flies far like an angry bird ready to destroy a pig.

     Eventually, it lands bulls-eye at the beautifully decorated wedding cake in the front of the room. With that impact, some cake bits explode, landing on guest's faces, dresses and shoes nearby. Screams emerge, and glaring eyes focus on Soo Jung. Hopeless Sehun embarrassingly fails to get a hold of her.

   Quickly, she stands up and bows for what had happened. Her cheeks burning with embarrassment. unable to speak. Her eyes unable to hold it's tears anymore.

And she rushes toward the elevator, toward a place where no one could see her cry. Not even the hiccuping Sehun.


►Sehun


         Disappointed, is what he felt. Disappointed that he couldn't save his girlfriend from embarrassment. In which, Soo Jung had never been embarrassed before in her life. Yes, she'd always receive attention but in a good way and never a bad way. Sehun runs toward the cake picking up a beautiful cake shoe. Stabbing the elevator buttons with his fingers, his mind fills with regret and worry.

"Hurry the up" Sehun curses under his breath.

     As it opens, he stabs the buttons once again, thinking it'll make the elevator go faster. Where is the only place Soo Jung can hide? He asks himself. Then the idea hits him. Rooftop. The Rooftop. Soon he arrives at the only level Soo Jung could go that's not quite close to heaven. And just after the elevator opens, a shoe is incoming and is thrown to hit his designated face. And indeed it did, right on his forehead.

"Ow!" Sehun screams with his palms on his forehead.

      Right before him, he faces Soo Jung with eyes still leaking out tears. Her posture weakened and her front teeth gnawing on her own lips. Sehun's certainly bewildered at the different side he sees in Soo Jung. This side, has never been shown to any other person except him. And only him. Hence this means, Sehun can finally untangle some mysterious knots about Soo Jung.

    This can only lead to the answer: if Soo Jung is really sincere with him. Soo Jung collapses on the cement rooftop, her body curled into a ball with her hands wrapped tightly around her shoulders. Baffled by Sehun approaching her, she quits sobbing for a minute. Getting up, she goes to the edge of the rooftop, climbs it, and sits on the edge. Sehun does the same, just making sure she doesn't jump off. 

"You know why rooftops are my favourite place to be at?" Soo Jung's voice tremors, 

"Because here I can breathe. I can be whoever I want without everyone around me looking at my every move." she continues. "Here, I can commit suicide right away."

A loud sob comes out of her. Sehun can't say anything. No matter how much he wants to comfort Soo Jung, he just can't. Mainly because he doesn't know how to.

    "The world is made up of lies, the truths are the only thing hard to find. And when you feel like the world is finally telling the truth and making things right, life comes in and breaks all the hopes it tells you to have." Soo Jung laughs with pain in her voice.

Her lower lip still trembling. Wrapping his left arm around Soo Jung's shoulders, Sehun's silence streak continues.

"If only you knew." Soo Jung shed more tears before drying them with her palm.

"Why aren't you speaking much? Dude, I think you're suppose to console me." Soo Jung suggests, expecting a whole life lesson coming out of Sehun.

Despite the deep pools of tears in her eyes, it is heavily contrasted with Sehun's smile.

"I'm already comforting you.",

"How?",

    "I'm listening to you... Sometimes, when you're upset the best thing someone can do to help you rather than give useless advice is to listen. Many people can talk real good, but only a few can listen real good. This is probably the best thing I can do for you right now"

 

   A light feeling relieves Soo Jung. Maybe Sehun is really the person for her. Maybe the world wouldn't shatter on her gut if she chooses just to be with Sehun. While these thoughts run through Soo Jung, Sehun however can't stop smiling like an idiot.

     As they both get off the edge of the rooftop,they sit on an old torn-up couch that was stored in the small room at the corner of the rooftop. They also find multiple blankets, warm ones too. Sitting down with blankets, both eyes stare at the stars that are beyond out of reach. Soo Jung rests her head on Sehun's chest.

"The shoe cake must be really good Cinderella," Sehun's low voice vibrates in his chest.

"Hic-" Sehun's chest jumps, and so does Soo Jung's head.

"Well, that's a lie." chuckles Soo Jung. "Look who stopped crying!" Sehun cheers, his cheeks up.

"Hic-",

"Look who started hiccuping!" Soo Jung raises her eyebrow.

"Well, you're beautiful." Sehun says purposely trying to get rid of the hiccups. A few minutes later, not a single hiccup comes out of Sehun.

"Wow. so you're not lying." Soo Jung says impressed.

"Yeah, are you hungry? Cause I can go down and get-", Soo Jung stops Sehun from speaking by placing her finger to his lips.

"Shhhhhh- my sister's got that covered. I called her like before you even arrived here, cause when I'm upset I need food to cheer me up.",

"Smart" Sehun winks cutely. The elevator dings all of a sudden and both jolt away from each other pretending that they weren't just cuddling a while ago.

"I saw that." Jessica snorts holding two plates on both of her hands. Sehun wonders how she pressed the elevator button.

"Here, there was some left over California rolls, cream puffs, samosas and corn. Hope that makes you full." Jessica's eyes smile at both of them.

"Well, have fun on your honeymoon." Jessica scoffs before returning to the elevator.

"Yah! Unnie We're not even married!" Soo Jung hollers as the elevator doors close. Silence grows between them as both stuff their mouths.

 

        Clearly, it's been hours since lunch or even breakfast- at least for Soo Jung. As soon as they finish, Soo Jung rests her head on Sehun's chest once again but this time paying attention to the beat of his heart and the  twinkling of the stars. Seoul was awfully quiet that night, barely any honks, just a quiet breeze. Thus, to Sehun and Soo Jung this is their peace.

 

“Did you ever notice that a certain point in a star's life, they explode in a supernova, but then they pick themselves up and start to become a star again?” Sehun says when observing the twinkling dots in the sky.

“Sometimes you have to destroy things in the past or even some part of yourself for the better, in order to start anew.” Soo Jung agrees.

“Hey, in that case, everyone's a star.” Sehun smiles.

Soon, the darkness around them engulfs them, and both fall asleep clutching each other in their own arms. 


"I love you Jung Soo Jung."
"And you I, Oh Sehun."



►Soo Jung


Her eyes peep open only to look at Sehun's deep peculiar brown eyes.

"Wake up, let's see the sunrise." Sehun says eagerly like a child who can't want to recieve his lolipop.

"What time is it?" Soo Jung groans.

"Come on, there's no need to ask that." Sehun says.

After a few minutes Soo Jung wakes up fully, clutching Sehun's hand tightly for she fears of the upcoming days. Gold enters the horizon, and light fills Soo Jung's restless eyes yet awake.

"Make a wish." Sehun demands, Soo Jung frowns. "You first.",

"I wish I could guess the number of stars in the jar Jung Soo Jung has given me, so I can make our promise come true. AND that I can marry her." Sehun says like a 6 year old kid blowing a massive cake on his birthday. He kisses both of their the hands.

"Psh, cheesy" Soo Jung laughs. "I wish for happiness in our future together, I truly do." And with that a massive smile appears on Soo Jung.

Sehun bewildered.  Yet his suspicion doesn't quite end there, but he chooses to end it there.


“Yehet?”
“Yehet.”


►Soo Jung

     On the next monday afterwards, Soo Jung aimlessly walks with her head down staring at floor. Her right arm skimming the wall of the hallway. It's the last week, and termination day will soon come. But Soo Jung is too into the relationship, she doesn't know how to end it. In fact, she didn't want to end it at all.

    Sehun's the only human who's even curious enough to find out who she really is. No one else cares about what she's hiding on the inside. No one bothered to find out if she's broken or not; happy or not. So, her head stays low trying to avoid the person who started this dare in the first place.

 

"I see, you're trying to avoid me," A snicker is what she hears, and Kai is what she sees as soon as she looks up.

"Get the away," She curses,

"What if I want to help you break up?" Kai takes a couple steps towards Soo Jung.

Stepping back, Soo Jung doesn't want any help at all. She's sure herself that she's not a coward. Also, she is the one who started it, hence she has to end it too.

"Didn't I tell you to off? I can do it myself."

    Soo Jung's cheeks burn with anger, her eyes cold and hard as a brick. Kai keeps stepping towards her, and she keeps stepping back with fear that Kai is going to do something horrific and unexpected. He is a horrific and unexpected person.

"Oh really?" says Kai curiously. A hand goes snatching Soo Jung's wrist pulling her whole body towards his torso.

"Yenno, your height is actually the right size for me."

      His arms wrapping around Soo Jung. He whispers  into Soo Jung's ears, something she couldn't understand. Kai's warm breath tingles against her neck. A circle of people with phone camera forms. The only thing Soo Jung can hear is the clicking of the cameras. But Kai wasn't done yet. No he really wasn't.

 

      It wasn't long before Kai's palms crawl up to Soo Jung's face-cupping them. Smashing his lips on her hers. the life out of her lips. Soo Jung s her arms hard against his chest. Yet he continues, kissing her even deeper. His tongue swirls around along with his fast tilting mouth. The more she tries to get out, the harder Kai kisses her. Her arms push, and Kai finally stops. A hand wipes her lips, the eyes displaying anger as red as a phoenix's fire.

 

"Hey everyone, meet my girlfriend! Soo Jung! Thanks for the sweet kiss." Kai mocks blowing a kiss to Soo Jung.

      It wasn't long before a hand goes slaps Kai's face, causing him to jerk his head to the side. The sound effects of the audience only makes the situation worse. But Kai only responds with a mocking laugh. The red mark on his face stinging from the impact of Soo Jung's quick witted hand.

 

"Your Welcome," says Kai walking away.

 

        Eventually the crowd leaves, and Soo Jung is left alone in the hallways with a violated dignity. The first bell rings, and she heads to her homeroom unable to look at Oh Sehun's fond face. That's why she figured that it's best to accept the situation and not talk about it. After all they're going to break up sooner or later.

A star cannot start anew, if it doesn't destroy itself first.



►Sehun


                 Everyone's attention is on Oh Sehun. Never before had he felt this kind of attention where bulging eyes are staring him down. It's hard to think Soo Jung liked this kind of attention. Soo Jung enters the room keeping her head down, making it seem like she's purposely avoiding Sehun's eyes. What's wrong with Soo Jung? Why isn't she waving at me?

                              His cellphone vibrates in his pocket and a glowing message pops up on the lock screen. But after a minute of looking at the text, his eyes couldn't bear the lies placed right in front of him. Hence there's only one way to find out if his newly found world is made up of lies: confront it. Accordingly Sehun gets out of his seat, approaches Soo Jung, and drags him with her; out of the homeroom door.

"Let go of me!" Soo Jung demands, trying to release herself from Sehun's tight grip. But Sehun blocks out every single noise he doesn't want to hear.

"I said, Let go of me!" Soo Jung screams again still fighting Sehun's arm.

Finally out of the school building, they sit on a bench at the back of the school near the basketball court. With tears in his eyes, Sehun looks to his right where Soo Jung sits staring at air.

"So, explain to me. Who is your boyfriend?" Sehun's voice's vibrates causing Soo Jung to tremble.

"There's nothing else to explain," she says with bitterness engulfing over her. His hands slam onto both of her shoulders,

"Stop talking nonsense. What the happened to you? A few weeks ago we were fine. Please, we can fix this-" Sehun begs in denial. No, she's lying. She loves me, and I love her too. She's ing lying. Soo Jung doesn't respond at all. His palms letting go of her shoulders, curling into round fists afterwards.

"No we can't fix anything because I never liked you in the first place, and I even gave you warnings through what I said during the night we were on the rooftop. So, now you ask what happened to me? Reality happened to me-",

"Bull!" Sehun screams deep in his throat unable to retain from silence.

"I listened to you when you were having a hard time. Now, it's your turn." Sehun clenches his teeth.


►Soo Jung

 
"Oh, so that's how it goes. When you do something kind or beautiful, you ask for it in return? So if I hate you, you hate me too. And if I love you, you love me too." Soo Jung gives a short laugh.

Sehun doesn't respond.

                It's her chance, her chance to end things off. Nausea erupted inside of Soo Jung like a grenade. Although she's trying her best not to cry, her insides are withering and she just wants to apologize and forget this conversation ever happened. But Kai's mocking voice that encircles her brain, threatens to reveal a secret- a truth that'll eventually make everyone give disgusted looks and useless sympathy. A truth that will eventually make her lose her reputation and label her.

Soo Jung witnesses Sehun wipe his face with his palms to get rid of the tears.

One bench, where two broken people sit; one showing emotion, one pretending not to care at all.

"You said you love me, why do ing make promises you can't even keep!?",

 

      "Because you were doubting me! Besides, why do you always believe my actions? Has it ever occurred to you that all of my actions might not be even real? Wake the up, Oh Sehun. I thought you were ing smarter than this. I thought that you would be able to figure out that I was lying all along! This whole dating thing was a dare. I never liked you, nor do I want to but I pretended too just to make Kai jealous. Kai is my real boyfriend.",

 

     "No. The problem is your cowardice and acting. You appear so confident in front of people but in reality your as damned as satan. You try to fit in because you feel like it's necessary. And worse of all you don't even know who you truly are! You're just deceiving yourself over and over!",

        "Well guess what!? Ever single person in the world does this, so what makes me so ing different from all those people!? The real problem is your ability to judge people as your defence mechanism. You think you know a person so damn well, you think you know the feelings of a single person so damn well, you get ing blinded and don't realize their true intentions-",

 

"Tell me! Is it ing wrong to fall in love? because I really did think you love me. You told me you wouldn't break me.",

"I said I didn't want to break you. There are still a million things you don't know about me Oh Sehun, and one would be my feelings."

Silence grows among them accompanied by Sehun's heavy breathing.

"Listen carefully Oh Sehun," Soo Jung finally looks at Sehun's swollen eyes.

With tears in her own, she speaks on for his benefit.

 

"You can read anyone who passes by you. Their character, past, motives and feelings but you can never read mine. Why? because life is not a guessing game. And it is definitely more than a psychology book. Now, get a life Oh Sehun."

 

And with that she gets up and starts sprinting across the parking lot.

A loud honk fills her ears and the headlights of a car blind Soo Jung.

Her words were true, She never guessed that she would get hit by a car right after.



Author's Note;
NO I'M NOT JUST GOING TO END IT THERE. THERE'S AN EPILOUGE DON'T WORRYYYYYYY
I PROMISE THERE IS AN EPILOUGE! Brace yourselves guys.
Thank you for supporting and reading this story! 
I really enjoy writing this for you guys.
Much love, oasisgrounds.
p.s; i know Soo Jung was being a in the last part.

word count: 6,172