Love is...? {Part II}

ITxUA Part III: Bonus Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kai?”

No response.

“Dr. Jongin Kim…”

He was entirely zoned out.

“Hey, isn’t that Chanyeol over there?”

Jongin’s head shot up from where he’d been staring into the soul of his breakfast plate and snapped around the quiet bistro, looking to see what D.O. had.

“Gotcha,” D.O said, a small smile growing on his face as Jongin’s deflated a bit. “Sorry I’m late,” he added as he took the seat across from where the mentally preoccupied man sat in the secluded corner.

“No need to apologize,” Jongin said. “I asked you to join me if you could spare the time. Though I must say, I am pleased that you were able to come.”

“So let me take a guess. Whatever’s on your mind has to do with that guy.”

Jongin nodded reluctantly. “It’s quite the perplexing conundrum, and a bit embarrassing. You see, I find that it’s always… Rather, between the two of us, he’s always the one to…” Jongin made a hand motion to try to get his point across, but D.O. simply responded by cocking an eyebrow. Realizing that his friend wasn’t going to meet him halfway, Jongin groaned and slid a hand over his face. “He… for example, yesterday I came home to find that he’d already prepared dinner and washed the dishes, and then-“ Remembering how that story ended, he went silent immediately.

D.O. finally caught on when he noticed that particular look on Jongin’s face. “Ahhh,” he said, an understanding smile creeping onto his face, “you’re stressed because he always takes the romantic lead, aren’t you?”

“…No, it’s….. Yes.”

The smile on D.O.’s face turned into a reassuring one. “You guys have been together for what, nearly six months now? I don’t think he minds.”

“But people in relationships are supposed to be romantic,” Jongin murmured, unhappy with the answer. “I haven’t the foggiest idea where to begin.”

“Well, what romantic things does Chanyeol do that you like?”

Jongin opted to roll his eyes rather than answer the question.

“What? I’m just trying to be helpful.”

“I know, but…”

Realizing that trying to get anywhere with the question would be more trouble than it was worth, D.O. conceded. “You don’t have to tell me. Just think about it. It’s as good a place as any to start?”

“What about you, though? What do you think of when romance comes to mind?”

“Hmmm… I’ve never cared much for it. I suppose… hm. That’s a damn good question.” He pursed his lips. “But I was once sweet on a girl once who loved wildflowers.”

Jongin remembered Junmyeon’s insistence on getting flowers for his wife once when she was angry and nodded. Flowers. Simple enough.

“Perhaps you should start with someone more… taken, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter