Blackout.

Blackout.

Sat alone in your apartment, you sigh, cuddling up on the sofa under mountains of blankets and on top of a bundle of cushions. Surrounding you are your favourite food treats and before long, you are ready to pig out, watching trashy reality tv and sappy romance movies. You switch on the new drama you have been watching and you are quickly into the plot, absorbed by the characters' problems. You throw popcorn at the screen when the two protagonists, who will clearly end up together, mss a perfectly good oppurtunity to kiss the life out of each other. As one episode finishes, another starts and you don't bother getting up, staying comfortable and cozy on the couch.

 

The reason for this lonely evening of TV watching, pigging out and yelling at inanimate objects is down to the fact that, yet again, you are alone on your birthday. You have been for the last three years since you moved into Seoul and you are okay with that, it just when no one cares enough to remember your birthday, even your parents back in Incheon.

 

You are still feeling alone but just as something great was about to happen in your drama, which would cheer you up greatly, all of the power was cut off. Great. A blackout. You carefully get up from the couch (which is a miracle in itself) and make your way towards the kitchen to try and find a torch or some candles, just something to provide light.

 

After around two minutes of searching, as you manage to trash the kitchen in the process, you find there is nothing. No light sources at all. This bothers you, as even though you are an adult living by yourself, you are terrified of the dark.

 

'Well, there is one thing I could do...' you think. There was always the other person wo lived on this floor who you could ask for help. You decide this way id the best idea and quickly slip out of your apartment, remembering to pick up some keys as you left.

The power in the hallway has gone out too and you seriously hate how much this is beginning to sound like the beginning of a horror movie. You quickly dart down the corridor, going to the only other apartment door on the level and you knock loudly on the door.

 

You see, up until this point, you had managed to ignore exactly who lived being that door; your ex-boyfriend, Lu Han. By  an   (un)happy coincedence, you two had ended up moving in right next to each other. This wasn't too fun for the first few months of living here, due to the messy break up the two of you had experienced.

 

At this point, however, you were so scared you didn't care about the fact that it was Lu Han you were going to ask for help.

As the door opened a few seconds after you knocked, you quickly ask "C-Can I come in? I'm scared."

"Yeah, of course, (Y/N)."says Lu Han, looking as good as ever, which still (even in this situation) annoys you. "I was actually going to come and see you, I remember how much you hated the dark, so I wasn't sure if you were going to be alright."he murmurs.

"Thank you."you say quietly, stepping into his apartment. "Do you have a torch or something? I just need a bit of light. It's too dark."

 

He quickly sticks his head into the cloakroom and comes back with ome candles and matches. You stick close by him as he walks around the living room, lighting them.

"Better?" he asks when he's lit all of the candles.

"Much." you reply, giving him a small smile. "Thank you, Lu Han. I really appreciate this."

"Any time, bao bei." he says without realising. "Uh, I meant, any time, (Y/N)."

 

You are blushing slightly and you realise how comfortable you are around each other.

"It's okay, Lu Han."you say.

 

He coughs slightly, still embarrassefd. "Um, my laptop has charge if you want to watch a movie to pass the time? I mean, we don't have to-"

You cut him off, saying "I'd like that. As long as it isn't a scary film."

 

He smiles, nods and goes to find his laptop. You take a quick look around and see its decor is pretty similar to your own apartment's, modern and simple.

 

Lu Han returns and you both sit down on the sofa the laptop resting on both of your thighs, which means you have to sit pretty close to each other. He wraps a blanket around your shoulders and passes you one of the earphones before pressing play.

 

You recognise the movie immediately, it was the film he took you to see on your first date. You look up at him in suprise, but his gaze is locked on the screen, but he's smilling, so you know he knows that you are fully aware of what significance this film had to the pair of you. You begin to relax and at some point during the film, you begin to feel more sleepy, resting your head on his shoulder. He instinctively wraps his arms around your shoulders and your head sinks into the crook of his neck. You fit together naturally, just like you used to, and you forget for a litte while that you even broke up.

However, when you do come to your senses, you realise very abruptly and you shrink away from his touch. "I-I'm sorry, Lu Han, I didn't mean to-"

 

This time it's him that cuts you off, pressing a kiss to your lips. "Why are you apologising, bao bei? I've missed you and I can tell you've missed me... I felt so broken after we broke up. I missed you so much. I miss you so much. So please, please, please, don't say anything just yet." he murmurs, before pressing another chaste kiss to your lips.

 

"Lu Han, I missed you too. Breaking up broke me, too. I'm not saying we should get back together-"

"I am." he says confidently, cutting you off again.

"Really?"you smile.

"Really." he grins back. "I love you, bao bei."

"I love you too, jagi."

 

As your lips meet for the third time that evening, the power turns back on but even that doesn't distract you from Luhan's lips.

 

"Happy birthday, (Y/N)."

 


 

 I hope you enjoyed it! I know it's a bit farfetched at the end, but I wrote this about two days after his departure, so don't blame me for wanting to write Lu Han wanting us back.

Upvotes and comments are appreciated :P