one: you're like a dream come true

The Journey to Capture Your Heart

Luhan looked through the stack of photos he had just developed; each photo showing the beautiful sights of Japan – the calming sea, the peaceful shrines, the bustling wet market and many more. This impromptu trip to Japan had brought him many unexpected surprises, from a self-relaxation trip that became a fruitful photo capturing journey.

At 24 years old, apart from being a university student, he is a freelance landscape photographer for a couple years now. He had won himself a number of awards and recognition with his landscape photos. To him, photos carry emotions – they are so expressive that they speak for themselves, and definitely are worth more than a thousand words. It was not that he refused to take photos of people, but he had always felt that it was difficult to capture the right emotions in human beings… until he looked at the photo in his hands.

The photo captured a beautiful sunset by the beach, the red hues reflecting off the deep blue sea and into the clear sky, a really breath-taking shot. However, he felt that the sunset was nothing as compared to the beautiful girl in the corner of the photo. He must have unknowingly captured her in the frame... Despite having an unreadable expression and hair hovering over face, her eyes seemed rather focused… or determined? He was amazed by her beautiful features – almond-shaped eyes, perfect nose, small lips and long wavy hair that seemed endless from the angle in the photograph.

Luhan sat still, clearly mesmerized by the photo in hand… until he heard his door bell. He opened the door to see Minseok, tapping his foot impatiently with his arms crossed in front of his chest. “Ya, Luhan! What took you so long to open your door? I’ve been standing outside for more than 5 minutes!” Despite coming from two different countries – Minseok from Korea and Luhan from China – they had become really close buddies ever since the soccer match they had 2 years back. Minseok was also the one person who prompted Luhan to pursue his dreams and passion as a photographer despite the commitments as a student.

“I’m sorry, I got too focused looking through the photos I have just developed,” Luhan said while leading the way into his apartment, then gesturing to the photos on the table. Minseok looked at Luhan, eyes filled with concern. Just glancing from the photo to Luhan, Minseok already got the gist of what was going on. “You know, we’ve been buddies for so long… and the last thing I would want for you is to regret. Regret is the worst emotion that one can ever feel, and it will follow you through your life until you are ready to let go of it. So, Han, please. Just go ahead and look for her. I am very sure that she means more than just ‘a lady in the photo’ to you.”

Luhan was slightly taken aback at what Minseok just said and stared at him blankly. He knew that Minseok was good at reading him (like an open book), but never knew that he could go this far into understanding what was going on just by a glance. “But how on Earth am I supposed to find her when the only thing I know of her is this? She may not even be a local!” Luhan exclaimed while pointing to the photo, a little annoyed at himself. It makes perfect sense though – what if she was just a traveler like him?

“I always knew you were slow – but to this extent? Ya, Han-ah, for goodness sake, we are living in the twentieth century now where there’s an invention called the internet?” Minseok offered his idea bluntly. He did not know if he should hit his friend or laugh at him being silly (& slow). Luhan’s face instantly lit up at Minseok’s reply and he rushed to his desktop where he started uploading the photo of the girl into. “YOU. ARE. A. PURE. GENIUS. Thank you, brother!!!!!!” Luhan said all-excitedly while his photos were being uploaded.

Minseok shook his head a little and plopped himself down on the sofa and looked through the rest of the photos that Luhan had developed quietly – knowing too well that his friend was currently too immersed in his own world to entertain him. “5 minutes,” Minseok thought to himself – the time that he will allow for gleeful Luhan, before he burst his bubble again. 

------------------

A/N: Hi everyone, Happy New Year! Couldn't resist but to post this up first. No Seohyun for the first part but we all know who that lady in the photo is unless... maybe not? /gasp/ 

Comments, feedback, random messages are all greatly appreciated! <3