Uljima, Don't cry~

[EDITED and FINALIZED] Don't be sad

 

Streets covered with snow and people covered with coats and scarves. Scent of coffees and teas lingers inside the cafés filled with people who seek for warmth. Christmas carols plays in every stores that people enters to search for gifts that they'll give to their love ones. Malls and markets are also filled with shoppers who buy food and decorations for the coming of our beloved son of God. Airports are expectedly busy with serving the citizens who wants to travel to the other countries or part of the world. Christmas is truly coming.

 

Suho peacefully listens to his favorite songs as he waits for the airplane to board. Like every year, He will have his Christmas vacation with a friend from China. Truthfully, although he says that he does not miss his friend (because he always says that his friend will always be in his heart), he actually misses him every seconds of his life. Yifan is a very good friend of his and he treasures him as well as the latter does. In just a few hours, they'll meet again.

 

He closes his eyes as he listens to their theme song and replays their little story inside his head.

 

 

***

 

Five years ago, Suho was still starting a small business. He named his store as 'Heaven's Bakery that sells and serves freshly baked breads, cakes, and brewed hot coffees. It wasn't that popular yet but certain customers of his promote his bakery. In just a matter of two months, his bakery became popular as celebrities starts to buy from his store. Suho expanded his business and opened one more branch which his older brother manages. Of course there are also ups and downs in life. Suho got tricked by a scammer and lost almost half of his income that was supposed to be the starter for his third branch. Thankfully, the scammer got caught and jailed.

Suho have this one loyal customer of his, he is a tall and a very good- looking man who does not fail on visiting and buying products in the Heaven's Bakery. One time, Suho got a chance to meet this customer. He was about to open his bakery when he saw the man standing and secretly looking at the Heaven's Bakery from across the street. He looked away from his loyal male customer and just decided to ignore him so that the said man won't get shy and awkward when he enters his bakery. As expected, the loyal customer really went inside the Heaven's Bakery confidently but got a bit surprised when the person who greeted him was the owner. He shyly approached the owner who's smiling angelically from the ordering section of the bakery. One Americano and a slice of cheese cake please. The ever loyal customer said as he avoids the gaze of the owner by looking at the decorations hanged in the Oak wood walls of the cafe. Just a few moments sir, Suho replied as he prepares the order of his customer. In just a few minutes, the owner came back with a cup of Americano and a slice of cheesecake placed on the tray. Here's your order sir. Suho passed to the tall customer and smiled. Wait! Since you’re the first customer of Heaven's Bakery for today, you get a free "fortune cookie". Here. The owner explained and gave it to the said customer who accepted it shyly as their fingers brushed to one another's. Ah... thank you... for this... the shy customer smiled as his cheeks starts to feel the heat. Your welcome sir and please enjoy your breakfast~ Suho bowed and gave the first customer an angelic smile.

The loyal customer placed his breakfast meal on the wooden and well- furnished table as he pulls a chair to sit on. Before he finishes his coffee, he cracked the "fortune cookie" and pulled out a strip of white paper where a message was written. Thank you for being a lucky charm in Heaven's Bakery. It's our pleasure to have someone like you. Sincerely, from the owner of HB~ the loyal customer silently read and inwardly blushed as a smile paints his face, making him more handsome. In the kitchen, a small television that is connected in the CCTVs is hanged on the wall. Two of Suho's staff which are Luhan and Xiumin when they saw through the TV that the loyal customer blushed and smiled widely like he was really in Heaven. As it turned out, the fortune cookie was specially made just for that customer to see if he likes the owner, and, it was a success.

 

 

***

 

 

After that cheesy and warm morning, the following days became more colorful for Suho and the tall & loyal customer. He became close with him and learned that his name is Wu Yifan who is a business researcher from China. He also learned that he works as an executive director in a fashion show. He also confessed that he has a huge crush on him because of the delicious products and a very nice attitude towards their customers. As the time goes on, they became friends and almost lovers, as their friends would call, and would hang out after their work. They would go to amusement parks if they have a free time and sometimes, they'll watch really good movies together if there is a new and interesting one. During holidays, they'll visit different places in their country and takes pictures serving as beautiful remembrances of their memories.

Junmyeon! the taller male called and a click from the camera was heard. What the heck was that! I'm not even prepared... a pouting little Suho (Junmyeon) walked to Yifan and tried to grab the said camera but to no avail. It's okay, You still look cute with that face of yours... Yifan, with his gummy smile teased as Suho pouted even more after looking at his own image, eyes wider and pinkish lips forming a slight  "o". After that his smaller hand was pulled by a larger one. Feets leaving a temporary mark on the pinkish white sands of Summer sea. 

One time, a few friends of Yifan and Suho thought that they're in a romantic relationship but they only denied and cleared that they're just best friends who treasures and adores each other. It's normal for them to hug each other (because, they would always say that it is a brotherly hug). Seasons change, as well as their friendship. It became more intimate and blissful. They would secretly say I love you with more than words and secretly hoped that they were really lovers.

 

***

 

Sometimes, when they’re together, Suho would catch Yifan with a dry cough and occasionally he would catch him clutching his chest. Suho just gives him water to ease the latter’s pain because he thought that it was just because of the cold weather.

 

 

***

 

 

One cold night, Suho, who is wearing a red scarf and dark blue winter coat visited Yifan in his apartment and had a dinner with his best friend. How are you? Suho smoothly asked as if they have not been away from each other for a "long" period of time. I'm doing fine, I'm sorry I kept declining your offers for outings and such. I'm just busy... with the incoming fashion event for this month. Yifan replied with a bit hesitation while washing his plate and utensils on the kitchen sink just beside his table. As the smaller one was about to throw his leftovers, he saw packs of cigarettes in the garbage bin. Suho frowned at the idea and immediately went to Yifan who's now preparing for their movie marathon. Yifan, is this... yours? the younger one asked with disappointment drawn on his face. Tears formed on his eyes and eventually trickled when his bestfriend didn't deny.

Suho hates cigarettes the most because it is the "reason" why his grandfather died. He doesn't want that to happen to Yifan- to his bestfriend. It was already too late when Yifan told him this secret. His bestfriend's days are already numbered and it made him feel miserable because he doesn't want Yifan to bid him a goodbye like his beloved grandfather did when he was still a small child.

 

***

 

Suho, who's on the verge of crying, rushed into the hospital and went to where Yifan is- to room 100. His worries faltered when he saw his "bestfriend" still smiling while watching a Basketball game in the television screen. He slowly walked beside Yifan and held his larger hands into his smaller ones. A teardrop fell into his bestfriend's skin, making Yifan wince in inner heart ache because he doesn't want to see Suho crying because of him. He gently held the other male's hands and placed it where his heart belongs─ to his beloved bestfriend's heart. Don't cry, I'll be okay. I'll fight this illness. Promise. Yifan smiled and wiped the tears away from Suho's cheeks with his gummy smile. 

 

 

***

 

 

As the clock's hands continue to ticks, and days & nights passes, Yifan became thinner and paler. Suho,who's being strong was always there with him, guarding and making him happy. His mother also takes good care of him after she had received the news. Sometimes, Luhan, Xiumin and Sehun (who's a new employee of Heaven's Bakery) would temporarily close the shop and visit Yifan on the hospital, making them sad as they see their boss smiling with Hope twinkling in his eyes. At other days, it would be Yifan's friends who visit him. His dosage of medicine also became frequent but no signs that he's getting better showed. At night, Suho would plead the nurses if he can stay longer but they won't allow him. So what he does is, he locks the door of Yifan's room before the visitation hours ends and they would pretend that they're asleep until the nurses would go away. After that, he sings with his whole heart until Yifan fell asleep and takes his rest. When the nurses got back, he would pretend that he's already awake and just say his sorry.

 

 

***

 

 

Idiophatic Peulmonary Fibrosis has no cure yet and Yifan's days are getting near to its end.

 

 

 

 

Some promises get broken and it happens that it was Yifan's promise to Suho.

 

 

***

 

 

After hours of flight, the airplane had already landed safely. Suho excitedly, welcomes the cold breeze of December in China and went out of the airport. He rode a taxi and typed the address of his bestfriend's home in the GPS. Suho was holding a scrolled paper that looks quite old. He was holding it gently, not wanting to be crumpled. He arrived at Yifan's home just few hours before Christmas Eve. He was greeted by his bestfriend's mother who smiled and hugged him tightly like he was her son.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Merry Christmas Yifan~ I wish your doing fine here. Aren't you bored? Did you miss me too? Heaven's Bakery will be having its 8th branch already. Great right? I know. Do you miss my cheesecakes too? It’s the best- selling item in our bakery. Don't worry, when we meet again, I'll bake and bring you a box of it! I... I still miss you...  You know... sometimes, I  would feel a cold breeze pass by. Perhaps, is that you? Suho laughs as he hugs the urn of his undeniably hansome bestfriend─ Wu Yifan.

 

 

Beside him was the last letter that his bestfriend wrote to him.

 

 

Suho- shi~~ Saranghae, Wo Ai Ni, I love you... Please don't cry anymore! Like I always say, I will be in your heart forever. Right? right! :) Our days in this life may have been short but don't forget that I don't regret walking into your life... You don't regret it too right?? Of course you don't! :) Good luck to Heaven's Bakery, I'll visit anytime. When you miss me just drink a cup of Americano and eat a slice of cheesecake because it's my favorite!! Omo! You're crying now right??? I told you don't cry anymore and don't be sad... and please smile. Everyone loves your smile! ... and… if you don't know, it's your angelic smile that made me stepped inside your Heaven's Bakery... It's your lucky charm... and of course, me~~ :D Please stay healthy!! <3 <3 <3 I love you, my beloved bestfriend, Kim Junmyeon (Kim Suho) <3 <3 <3 ∞

 

 

"I don't regret walking into your life, making great and beautiful memories with you, being beside you when your in trouble or weak, making you smile and laugh, and having you as my bestfriend. What I only regret was that... I wasn't able to say the words I wanted you to hear, the words "I Love You, Yifan"... but I guess, you know it already. Fate was kinda cruel for letting you walk into my life and getting you from a short period of time. I just wish that in our next life, I would be able to spend my forever with you. Saranghae, Wu Yifan~ Saranghae" A cold breeze of wind passes by as Suho look at the stars twinkling on the dark sky.

 

 

-end-

 

 

 

 

 

*** I hope this serves as a warning to those who use cigarettes. It maybe alright with you but it's not with the persons who love you. Cigarettes are not healthy for you especially when you consume too much.

This story was written while I was listening to Chanyeol's, Baekhyun's, Kyungsoo's and Yixing's cover of 'Don't be sad' and was inspired by it. 

Comments are highly appreciated!! :) thank you for having time reading this short fic~ :) See you next time!!:)