❧ Step by step

Sinosijak!

Hanbin sighed, and repeatedly tapped his pencil onto the desk out of boredom. His eyes began to feel heavy, and the teacher's words began to become
unclear to him. He jolted when he heard his teacher yell at him for falling asleep, and commanded him to quit the tapping. He growled in annoyance and 
slouched down while twiddling with his fingers.

After what felt like decades, the teacher passed out work sheets for them to do, partners or not. With that done, Hanbin turned to Bobby, who was behind him.
"Let's just partner up and get this finished with so I can nap peacefully."



Hanbin watched as the balls pass fiercely back and forth throughout the teams before wondering why he was in here in the first place.
He tapped on Bobby's shoulder and asked, "Why are we here again?" 

"Because we barely ever get to see girls play sports unless it's out of school!" Chanwoo answered in Bobby's place.

Hanbin raised a brow, and went back to watching the sport with his friends. He glanced at Jinhwan who seemed so into the game. His
fists were clenched as if this was an intensive game. Suddenly, his fists were in the air as he broke into a wide smile.
"Go Hyemi! I knew you would win!"

They all decided to go down to congratulate the winners. 

His eyes widened as he saw Jinhwan hug that girl, Hyemi or whatever. No, he wasn't jealous. He saw that girl somewhere. And then it hit him.
He pointed childishly at the girl, who looked quite confused. "Ice cream robber!"

She moved Jinhwan aside and walked up to Hanbin and threw out her hand for him to shake. 
"Hey, it's you! Thanks for the ice cream, it really shutted my sister up. I'm Park Hyemi, and you are?"

"Kim Hanbin." He replied and placed his hand into hers and saw that her hand was so tiny and delicate against his rough, and somewhat giant hands. He snapped out of his thoughts as he felt her move their hands up and down, then released the grip. They stared at each other, wondering when one would break off contact.
Hanbin could feel the sudden spark that began to engulf his body. He gulped and decided to break the eye contact.

Jinhwan cleared his throat to steer the awkwardness away from the two. "What's with the ice cream robber nickname?"

"I was getting chocolate ice cream, but since the convienence store is small and people love chocolate ice cream near us, there was only one left. I got it
and was ready to buy it when..." Hanbin threw a glance at Hyemi with annoyance and continued, "She came up and wanted to do rock, paper, scissors for it when it's clearly first come first serve. Since she wouldn't leave me alone, I had to forcefully give it to her. Hence why I called her ice cream robber."

Junhoe began to laugh, with Yunhyeong and Donghyuk trailing along with the laugh. Bobby looked at the two in amazement before shaking his head at them,
who began to look like kids. Jinhwan pinched Hyemi's cheek, which resulted in her flailing her arms and her speaking in gibberish for him to stop. 

"Yah, are you crazy? Who even does that?" 

Hyemi slapped Jinhwan's hands off of her cheeks and rubbed her sore, swollen cheeks. Her cheeks were crimson red because of how hard Jinhwan squeezed them. "That really hurts, you know! It's really sore now!"

"Maybe if you didn't try to do RPS with a stranger for ice cream, your cheeks wouldn't have been so sore."

"It's not like I committed a crime!"


Hanbin stared at the two as they began to bicker, in a somewhat playful mood. How did Jinhwan even know her? They seemed as if they were quite close, yet Jinhwan never spoken a word about her when he was with the group, nor has he brought her over to hang out. Actually, he never saw Jinhwan hang out with her.

Hanbin shook his thoughts away and fanned himself. It was beginning to get hotter and he couldn't take it anymore, especially since he has a hoodie on. 
"Let's go inside, it's way too hot out here." Bobby spoke, throwing his left arm over Hanbin's shoulder while using his right hand to fan him.



They all decided to say their short goodbyes and walked towards their destined locations. Hanbin took off his snapback, and ruffled his hair, then placed his cap back on. His cheeks puffed, and he exhaled while pulling on the hem of his shirt back and forth. 

Hanbin groaned as he entered the classroom. He was hoping he'd feel a burst of fresh, cold air, but he was welcomed with the abyss of humidity.
"Sheesh, it's still hot. It's a good time for ice cream." With that said, he rolled up his sleeves, hoping he'd feel a bit better. He didn't want to take off his hoodie, because one, it was his favorite, and two, he feels protected with a hoodie on.

Bobby gasped loudly, bringing Hanbin's attention on him. Hanbin examined his odd friend, who's eyes were saucers, and mouth wide open. After a few seconds, Bobby grabbed Hanbin's wrist and pointed to where his countdown timer was supposed to be.

Hanbin began to have the same look as Bobby when he saw that it was gone. When did it disappear? Why has he not notice the disappearance of it when he clearly took a shower, and changed clothes? 

Bobby jumped from his chair and ran his fingers through his hair.
"Dude! Did you pay attention to it at all?" 

Hanbin guiltily shook his head. How was he supposed to know his destined partner now? The last time he checked his wrist was yesterday at night when 
he was with his group at the practice room. It was supposed to be a day and 53 minutes, but he forgot that it'll update anytime it wants to. 

Hanbin became frustrated and faceplanted his face onto the desk. He was too exhausted to even think. His eyes popped open as an idea of who it is 
flew through his head. It had to be when he went to the convienience store. No, he didn't see anyone outside. He didn't see anyone but the cashier and
ice cream robber inside.

"I think I might know who it is.." Hanbin murmured, bringing Bobby's attention onto him. Bobby nodded his head, waiting for him to continue.
He stared at Bobby real quick, and continued.
"I saw only two people. The cashier lady, and ice cream robber."

"And you think it's..?" Bobby trailed off, thinking it was Hyemi, or ice cream robber, as Hanbin would call her.

Hanbin closed his eyes, then turned his body to look at Bobby seriously. He placed his hands onto Bobby's shoulder, who raised his eyebrows over how
odd Hanbin was being. It was obvious that it was Hyemi, so there was no need to say it.

"Alright dude, I know, it's Hy-"

"It's the cashier lady!"






Hanbin turned to Bobby, with reluctance showing on his face. "Why do I have to do this again?"
Bobby rolled his eyes at how pathetic his friend could be and pushed him forward.

Hanbin heard an "oof" as his body pushed forward onto the tiny girl. She brought her hand up to her head and rubbed it, then raised her head to look at
who was pressed onto her. She let out an "ah" as she noticed it was just Hanbin.

No hint of annoyance or anger was shown, instead she looked quite happy to see him. She playfully punched his arm, and Hanbin's face grimmed and he rubbed the area as he pretended that she sent a death blow.

"Hey Mr. I'm-Going-To-Bump-Into-People-And-Not-Apologize. Or is that your salutation?"

He cleared his throat and took his cap off, fixed his hair, and placed his cap back on. It was a habit, and he usually does it when he's nervous or frustrated.
He thought of what Bobby wanted to do as he saw Hyemi wait for him to say, or do something.

"Are you serious?" Bobby replied in disbelief. He couldn't believe how dumb Hanbin can be sometimes.
He nodded his head in response then sighed. "She looks like she's older than me, but not too old. It won't be hard to reach her though, I'll just go buy ice
cream today and talk to her as I pay for it, or something like that. Maybe she'll-"

Bobby, who was getting tired of his oblivious friend, intercepted his words with a wake up call. "Wake up! It's not the cashier lady. It's Hyemi!" 

"Who's Hyemi? Ooh, ice cream robber? Nah, it's not her. No way." Hanbin shook his friend's words off, and leaned back in his chair with his arms carrying his head for support. Because of this, Bobby decided to force Hanbin before the day ends to hug her to see if there was a spark, which Hanbin declined to, but still was forced to do it. Hanbin already felt the spark with her when they touched hands, but he thought it was because her hands were soft, or something ridiculous like that. 


"Oh, I, uh, just wanted to say bye, new friend." He smoothly said, while throwing a nervous smile. 
Hyemi laughed at his attempt to talk to her, and flicked his nose, to which he responded by covering it in pain.

"You're quite violent, you know?"

She scoffed, but agreed with him. "I'm only like that when I'm comfortable with people. I feel like I've known you for awhile."
The nervousness in Hanbin's system were suddenly locked away as he sincerely smiled. "Already have a soft spot for me, huh? That's sweet."

She rolled her eyes and turned away, waving her hand in the air without turning.
With that sudden action, Hanbin yelled, "Wait!", which made Hyemi halt. She twirled and tilted her head, wondering what he needed.

"Do you want to see a magic trick?"

"I don't believe in magic. But sure, show me this 'magic'." She replied, bringing her fingers in the air and quoting the word magic. Hanbin chuckled, and walked closer to her, feeling the rush in his blood. 

"You're going to start believing in magic once this happens." 

With that said, he embraced her in a gentle, yet comforting hug. They both had trouble gulping, as they both felt the butterflies in their stomach overloading. For those 5 seconds, Hanbin thought he was going to pass out from not inhaling the oxygen around him. It wasn't even  intentional that he held his breath in, it just automatically happened as he felt the adrenaline throughout his body when he hugged her. 

"Bye, and be safe." He muttered, his voice a bit shaky from the weird, yet new feelings he felt at the moment. He turned around and jogged to Bobby, who
stayed hidden behind a pillar. He knew he heard a soft "woo" in the back when he hugged her.

"Did you feel the-" Bobby stopped, and broke into a giant smile as he was presented a flushed Hanbin. His cheeks were stained pink, and his lips were in
a straight line as he tried to process what just happened. Bobby slapped his back, and they grabbed their bags before walking to the entrance of the school.

"Told you so."



( w/out author note ) characters: 8909  & words:  1908
yahoooooo! second chapter!! i didn't update for like 2 weeks, i'm sorry! 
also sorry if you saw this story update like twice i kept forgetting some things in the chapter & had to hide it 
i originally planned to update earlier but all these overwhelming projects are hitting me in the face.
i couldn't even stay awake in class lol. accurate pic of me in class>


thank you all for subscribing and sending motivational comments! it really means a lot to me, and i will
never stop thanking you guys. have a great day. 
♡  have a dancing machine hanbin!