Dongho?

Love Advice

 

 

 

              Hongki

 

                “Seunghyun, why don’t you stop? You must know the limit too.” I say to the boy in front of me who is attempting to make cookies. All that he's doing now is wasting my ingredients bought with my own money. Whatever he's trying to make now are absolutely not cookies.

                “I can do it hyung. A little bit more, and I’m sure it will be perfect.” He puts on his best smile to try and convince me.

                “You already said that line over a hundred times. And besides, it’s already 3 weeks. 3 weeks!" I exclaim with extra emphasis in my words. "I suggest you should stop. Sometimes you have to put everything down and give it a rest. It doesn’t mean that you failed.” I coaxed him to stop.

                It has already been 3 weeks since he had asked me to teach him how to make cookies. However all is in vain – there’s no progress. Once, I tried to taste his cookies, my teeth almost cracked. Fortunately, I wasn’t so hungry that time and didn’t bite with full force. If not, I might have had to bid farewell to several of my teeth. I’d learnt my lesson, from that day onwards, whenever Seunghyun gives me a sample of his cookies to taste, I would tap it on the table first or try to break it with my hands before putting them into my mouth.

                “Hyung, a good hyung will help his dongsaeng and cheer him on when he’s trying so hard. So, you should do it too, or you will be rendered as the bad hyung.” He uses his sweet mouth.

                “Aish this kid! Jonghoon, say something. Don’t just sit there as though you're watching a drama.” I exclaim to try and get help from Jonghoon.

                “Let him do it Hongki-ah. Actually, it’s good for him to get serious into something other than music sometimes.” He says casually.

                “My teeth are at stake here!”

                “Hyung, it’s done!!” He exclaims in delight. “Look! The shape looks perfect. Try it hyung!” He said in joy and starts dancing like crazy.

                “Why must it be me? Why don’t you try it?”

                “It’ll be safer if you’re the one trying it.” He said innocently.

                “You using me as a guinea pig?! Yah Song Seunghyun!” I shout at him. Laughing, he runs around to avoid me who’s desperately trying to catch and hit him.

                “Oh, how is it hyung?” Suddenly he stopped and run back pass me. I turn and see Jonghoon there in the kitchen, blowing the cookie that’s still hot.

                “You better not, Hoonnie… You don’t have enough calcium in your teeth to bite it.” I exclaim while walking back slowly. Actually, I’m a bit curious about the taste… This time, it looks safe to eat and the fragrant is appetising - a hundred times better than those failed attempts before.  But, I had too many bad experiences with his cookies, making me extra careful. – better safe than sorry… right?

                After blowing it a couple of times more, he put the cookie into his mouth. Seunghyun and I are watching this as if it’s an extraordinary moment that shouldn’t be missed.  Jonghoon is making every movement in slow motion to make it look dramatic. Somehow we imitate him. When he opens his mouth, we manage to open our mouths too. When he closes his mouth, we mimic him and close our mouths too. Its looks safe when he starts chewing it, making me want to try it as well.

                “How is it hyung?” Seunghyun asked when he finally swallowed it.

                “It’s baked okay, but I guess a few minutes more will make it perfect.” He says it like professional. With that, I take one and eat it. “Hem…  Jonghoon is right. It’s okay… if you add 2 minutes.”

                “Chincha?” he asks in disbelief, and then he puts one in his mouth. “Okay, I will make it like that. THANK YOU HYUNG!!” he exclaims in happiness and starts hugging me and Jonghoon. Sometimes this annoying kid can really look so cute. I hope he can get his love with this.

                “Okay, make it one more time. I will help you.” I say enthusiastically, influenced by his emotions.

 

Narrator                

         *Morning*

 

                The sun has shown itself and is shining ever so brightly. Its light enters the room through the window panes, making the owner of the room awake from his slumber. Jaejin yawns and sits there for awhile, try to collect his soul.

               Yesterday was a day full of work for him. Even today would be eventful. Despite his fatigue, it’s his world, his work; therefore he has to do it. However, the promise to go out with his friends after his meeting will be the highlight of the day – the only thing that would keep him cheery and going.  

                It’s just him and Hongki who will have to meet the director today, and since Hongki is not a someone who can be easily awaken, Jaejin decided upon himself to wake Hongki up before he washes himself. It’s the first hard work he has to do for the day.

               Jaejin arrives at the 90-er line room. Without any warning, with the intention of waking Hongki with a loud, sudden sound, he busts the door wide open, producing a loud bang. It wouldn’t be the true Lee Hongki if he was awakened by a mere bang like that, such mere noises don’t faze the sleeping beauty that is Lee Hongki – you would need much more noise pollution. However, Jaejin did not expect Jonghoon to be sleeping in the same room. As a result of his action earlier, he got the wrong target. It was Jonghoon instead who jumps awake in surprise.  

                “What are you doing?!” Jonghoon asks, annoyed by the rude disruption of his sleep.

                “Oh hyung, sorry. I didn’t know you were sleeping here with Hongki-hyung.”

                Jonghoon looks around the room then realises the he isn’t wearing any clothing and his blanket isn’t doing very well at covering him – he was almost exposed. Quickly, he pulls up the blanket while his face is getting redder.

               “Can you wake him? We have to go at 10.” Jaejin requests from his hyung.

               “I-I will wake him.” Jonghoon said sheepishly.

               On the way to the bathroom, Jaejin spots a shadow in the kitchen at the corner of his eyes. Due to his curiosity, instead of heading to the bathroom which he initially intended to, he makes a turn towards the kitchen. There, he sees Seunghyun squatting.

               “What are you doing…?” Jaejin asks curiously. In response to seeing Jaejin, Seunghyun hurriedly hides something behind his back and tries to place it on the table. However, in the process of doing so, he accidentally nudges the plate of cookies that are on the tabel, causing it to fall on the floor.“Did you make them?” Jaejin asks while kneeling to help pick them up . Seunghyun just nods in response. He takes one of the cookies and helps himself to a bite. “Mmm. It tastes good.” Jaejin smiles at Seunghyun.

                “You like it?” Seunghyun looks so contented with Jaejin’s comment.

               “Yeah, it’s good. You didn’t try it yet?” Jaejin takes another and gives to Seunghyun. More like feed it to him actually. “Make me some if you have time.”

               “Of course hyung. Actually I made it for…”

               “Huh? For who?” Jaejin asks, his curiosity piqued by Seunghyun’s sudden stop in his sentence.

               “Ani. It’s… nothing.” He dismisses it nervously. “I-I will make special cookies for you later.” He tries to change the subject.

               Jaejin, notices the box that Seunghyun was desperately trying to hide earlier and takes it. “What’s this?” he asks rhetorically as he’s going to open the box and find out for himself anyway. However, before he could, the box dissapears from his hands. 

                “I-It’s nothing.” Seunghyun says, all tensed up.

               “Then why were you trying to hide it? Let me see it.” He urges and tries to snatch away the box from Seunghyun. Both of them were in a little fight – Jaejin trying to reach for the box and Seunghyun trying to stretch his hands as far apart he could from Jaejin’s hands, not wanting him to grab the box. Seunghyun uses his body to block Jaejin from the box but Jaejin pulls him in to get the box.

               “Seunghyun, are you ready?” Minhwan asks while walking into the kitchen, interrupting their little fight. Seunghyun uses this window of opportunity to get out from Jaejin’s reach and runs away with the box. Seunghyun opens one of the kitchen cabinets and takes out a cookies nicely wrapped with transparent wrapping that has small pink polka-dots on them, neatly tied together with a red ribbon. He leaves the kitchen together with Minhwan, totally ignoring Jaejin’s presence. As they are leaving they chat in low voices. Jaejin could only make out the words, “already planned” and “won’t be any mistakes”.

               His curiosity is again piqued. What is it that they had planned? He wonders. However, he doesn’t want to be a fussy hyung, so he just leaves them be. Besides, he himself is in a hurry. So he goes ahead and prepares himself.

 

 

Jaejin is ready now, however Hongki is still nowhere in sight. Maybe he's still sleeping? Worried that Jonghoon hyung wasn’t able to wake Hongki up, he goes to the 90-er line room again. His hand is already on the door handle, ready to open the door. However, he stops in his tracks when he heard something in the room

               Jaejin isn’t the type to eavesdrops on people’s conversations but the topic that they were discussing caught his attention.

               “I think Seunghyun likes Dongho.” Hongki says, rolling to Jonghoon’s lap. They are now clothed, well at least their lower body.

               “What makes you think so…? I think he likes Jaejin.” Jonghoon begs to differ while Hongki’s hair.

               “The cookies he made, he said to me that they're for someone that he loves. Well, not straight-out said it but somewhere along those lines.” Hongki recalls.

               “Just because Seunghyun is meeting up with Dongho today doesn’t mean that he will give it to him. Maybe they just want go and have come fun.” Jonghoon assumes.

               “But when me and Seunghyun coincidentally met Dongho the other day, Seunghyun asked him whether he likes cookies and promised to make some for him.” Hongki backs ups his opinion, now sitting face-to-face with Jonghoon.

               “Well maybe… but I still stand firm on Seunghyun liking Jaejin.” Jonghoon nods casually in self-agreement.

               “Yesterday night, right after he succeeded with making the cookies, I overheard him calling Dongho. If it isn’t to give him the cookies, then what else could it be?”

               “What did you say?!” Jaejin opens the door harshly with a loud bang, disrupting their conversation abruptly.

                “Jaejin, did you just…?” Hongki asks in disbelief. Jaejin doesn’t answer Hongki, instead he asks a second time, hoping that the conversation that he heard earlier was just all in his mind

               “Seunghyun… did he really fell for Dongho…?”he couldn’t hide the disappointment in his voice.

               “That means you did eavesdrop… And yes. I said it, loud and clear apparently.” Hongki says with a tinge of sarcasm. “But I was just...”

               “No… he can’t…” Jaejin’s disappointment was now more evident.

               “Why can’t he?” Jonghoon asks with one eyebrow raised.

               Because… Because…” Jaejin himself isn’t certain with what he wants to say. He already knew that Seunghyun had fallen for someone else and since Seunghyun isn’t his boyfriend, he doesn’t have any right to hinder him even if he wants to ever so badly. “Because Dongho already has a lover.” Jaejin finally managed while trying to hide what he felt inside.

               “Didn’t you say that they already broke up? You should help Seunghyun and support him.” Hongki urges.

               “No. Actually… they already made up… in the progress, at least.”

               “What? You're helping them make up? You should help Seunghyun. He's our band mate – your dongsaeng.” Hongki pushes.

               “I-I... sorry, but I can’t. Seunghyun will understand… I’ll help him find a new lover… just, not this one…” Jaejin says with a sad expression.

               “Because you love him?” Jonghoon suddenly asks after a long silence of just observing. Jaejin’s head turns swiftly to face the leader, in shock. His brain is now busy trying to figure out how Jonghoon could’ve found out. He retraced back his memories, trying to recall any incidents that could’ve give him away. However, he couldn’t think of any.

               “I had this thought cross my mind several times, but I was never certain. You're so inconsistent that sometimes I think you don’t but at other times you seem to sway over to the other side – loving him. But now, I can safely say, you’ve fallen for him, right? Jonghoon establishes a firm argument for his suspicions while Hongki just keeps on switching glances between Jonghoon and Jaejin.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

I'M SO SORRY........

 

I'm really busy these days and don’t have enough time to write. huhu...

But, finally I can make an update ... sorry for making you wait so long…

Sorry for any typos and grammar mistakes.

 

Special for kihyunkit..Thank you... :D

 

 

Hi! Co-author here!!! From now on, RED means AUTHOR, ochibi, and BLUE means CO-AUTHOR, pseudonym2011.

I'm in charge of editing the chapters ^.^

 

Disclaimer : The one doing the editing is also human - bound to err. So please... do forgive if editor had overlooked some errors...   hehe >.<