Prologue

"Two Is Better Than One" A Quote By Kim Jongdae

“He is so so cute!”


“I know right! I can’t believe this perfection is actually studying in our campus!”

 

Sehun blinked as he eavesdropped at the girls who were sitting at a table just right next to his in the café nearest to the campus.

 

Sehun was staring at his school’s newsletter, which was given out to everyone at the entrance of their campus. Apparently today’s newsletter was about inspiration and motivation for the students by listing some of their college mates’ successes. The first page was a picture of Lu Han, the ulzzang of the school, also a model. They listed his achievements in a list - how he is successful at a young age, already making money when he’s just in his early 20s and not to mention, doing very well in his studies and co-curricular activities.

 

Sehun frowned as he stares closely at Luhan’s picture in the newsletter. His jet black hair was pushed up, showcasing his forehead and the boy had a million-watt smile. His deer-eyes was shining brightly, and Sehun had to admit this Luhan boy is pretty cute, though he had never seen Luhan in campus before.

 

“OH MY GOD!!! He’s SO HOT!”

 

“Tell me about it!! If there’s Luhan, of course there’s Kim Jongin!”

 

Sehun turns the page when he hears the girls gushing again.

 

Kim Jongin.

 

Well, of course Sehun heard of Kim Jongin, the campus very own pride and joy, prodigy dancer.

 

Sehun didn’t bother reading the article on Jongin, choosing to stare at Jongin’s picture instead. The said boy was wearing a simple blank top and jeans, with a beige hat on his head. He was also holding onto a white suit, as if dancing with it. Even if it was just a picture, Sehun was already enthralled by it.

 

Sehun had seen Jongin several times in campus, since he had chosen dancing as his elective. Nonetheless, he had seen Jongin danced.

 

Jongin does not only dance with passion, he dances with his emotions, moving swiftly as if he could control the music, control every melody with his body. Jongin does not listen to the music, the music listens to him.

 

“They make me look like I’m a potato…” Sehun mumbled to himself.

 

“Who’s a potato?”

 

“You.” Sehun answered the question to the person sitting right in front of him.

 

“That’s very nice of you Sehun, coming from a cucumber like yourself.” Jongdae grins.

 

“Did you just call me a cucumber!?” Sehun sputters in disbelief.

 

Jongdae simply  ignores him as he took the newsletter that Sehun was holding onto.


“Ah, the campus’s boys over flowers.” Jongdae muses as he skimps the articles on Luhan and Jongin.

 

Sehun had to laugh at that.

 

“I heard they are dating, though.” Jongdae continues, looking thoughtful for a second.

 

“Who?”

 

“Luhan and Jongin. I heard they’re dating.”

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Sehun groans, “Why does the good-looking people stay together? What’s left for potatoes like us!”

 

“Hey! Speak for yourself! And you’re a cucumber, not a potato.” Jongdae stuck his tongue out towards the younger.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. Of course Jongdae wouldn’t agree to him, his childhood hyung was dating for a good 6 months now.

 

“Are you coming over tonight? It’s Friday.” Fridays are usually Jongdae and Sehun’s movie night.

 

“Sorry Hun, I have a date with Minseok.” Jongdae looks genuinely apologetic, so Sehun shrugged it off muttering an, “It’s ok.”, loud enough for the elder to hear.

 

Jongdae knows Sehun is disappointed in him. Ever since the elder started dating, his time with Sehun has also been decreasing. Sehun doesn't admit it, but sometimes he do feels lonely. The younger wasn't a fan of socialising, choosing to stay in his shared apartment with Jongdae and play games to pass time. Sehun sees the pity look that Jongdae was giving him and he couldn't stand it. 

 

“I mean, Tao invited me to a party tonight so yeah…” Sehun shrugged again, trying to play it casually and it’s not exactly a lie. Tao did invite Sehun to a party but Sehun was never a party person, so he had rejected the Chinese boy’s invitation.

 

“That’s great! It’s good you’re finally socialising! I’m so proud of you Hun!” Jongdae faked a cry, to which Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

He guessed he should tell Tao that he’s going to the party afterall. 

 

 

Next chapter: Guess who's going to a party and finally meeting the campus's heart throbs? ;)