i said leave but all i really want is you

at the end of the world, till the end of time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i said leave but all i really want is you

summary: Just some jealousy fits, dramatic exits, flying bottles, excessive self-loathing at -crack of dawn, and silly boyfriends madly in love.

Seriously, this is just EunHae being gross.

Title/prompt from Taylor Swift’s The Other Side of the Door. This belongs in the same universe as at the end of the world, till the end of time  ♥

word count: 2009

xxx

 

 

“Well, how about this? How about you go yourself!”

Donghae knows he crossed a line just there. He knows he is beign exceptionally rude when he yells right on his boyfriend’s face to go himself, in the middle of a party, in the same party filled with his boyfriend’s cool university peeps from the city, the same people Donghae has been fretting to meet and impress ever since Hyukjae invited him in one of his college friend’s house party instead of going back home that weekend. For weeks, Donghae prepared himself, even bought new clothes and checked out the latest trends he expects Seoul people say and do so he won’t make a fool of himself, won’t stick out like a sore thumb in a sea of hip and trendy college boys and girls. It’s enough that he’s known as Hyukjae’s high school boyfriend from the countryside, he doesn’t want them to see him as a naive child.

He’s kind of not making this point across at the moment.

“You’re drunk. You had enough, give me that bottle.” Is what Hyukjae says after he recovers. And he uttered it quietly but Donghae hears the patience in his voice wearing thin, as if repressing the urge to yell back. Donghae feels all the eyes boring at them, at him and seriously they should take this somewhere private but it, yes he’s drunk, yes he had enough, and the image of the red haired girl in her little black dress talking—touching Hyukjae just won’t go away.

So instead of handing Hyukjae the beer bottle, Donghae throws it to shatter on the floor and missing Hyukjae for an inch or two.

Oops.

“What the , Hae?”

And because Donghae knows he’s acting really childish at the moment and it’s far too late for good impressions, he does himself a favour and walk out. He tries not to flinch when the crowd parted itself to let him through, very much aware now that the party literally pause just to watch him make a fool out of himself. He hears Hyukjae calls his name over and over but he doesn’t stop until he’s out the door.

 

 

xxx

 

He doesn’t make it that far.

Besides the fact that he is a little tipsy, too emotional and too tired, Donghae isn’t really familiar with the place and Seoul in general and he might be insane but not enough to get himself killed tonight. He makes it to a small park nearby (like really near, he can hear the loud bass of the speakers and feels slightly sorry for the neighbours considering it’s already pass midnight.) He basks in the relief that the party goes on even after the little scene he did, hoping everyone will get hammered enough to forget all of it by morning.

He sits quietly on the bench, staring blankly at the gold studded shoe he bought just for this. It’s not even his style. The leather pants he’s wearing also feels itchy and hot, they’re so freaking tight! And even if the way Hyukjae’s jaw drop earlier when he saw him was a sight to behold, he still wants to punch himself for wearing it.

He was trying too hard.

He tried so hard to be cool enough for Hyukjae and his uni friends but now here he is, alone and probably being laugh at at the party he just left. Because he’s such a drama queen. Because he’s so jealous and insecure and irrational. And to make matters worse, he also just embarrassed Hyukjae.

Hyukjae, who he knows to have followed him all this time and is currently standing a few feet away from him, hiding behind a lamp post that does nothing to conceal him really and Donghae kind of hates himself because he feels happy knowing Hyukjae chased after him.

Even if he doesn’t deserve it.

“You’re not really being subtle you know.” Donghae finally says and he hears a cackle before there are footsteps and then Hyukjae is standing before him offering a bottle of water.

“Are you still sulking?” Hyukjae asks gently and Donghae presses his lips together because what the hell? Why is he being so nice? And because Donghae is not as nice as Hyukjae and is actually a spoiled childish brat, he slaps the bottle away.

God, why can’t he ing learn to deal with bottles like a normal person?

“I take that as a yes.” Hyukjae says, going over to pick the water bottle and taking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter