Rich

Rich

"You must give her a lot of gifts, right?" The mischievous twinkle in the radio host's eyes was almost intimidating. Not a lot of people could get away with such...personal questions, but of course Shindong-sunbae was different.

Everyone knew Suho was rich. Why deny it? Everything went quiet on the radio set so quickly, it was almost frightening - the producers, the sound editors, even the fans who were listening stopped sending questions.

"Er, actually," Cautiously he broke the sudden universal silence, clearing his throat. "I try, but she won't let me."

His response only seemed to lengthen the uncomfortable lull.

The older idol blinked, bewildered. "Wah, really?" Suho nodded meekly. "No jewelry, nothing?" Again, he bobbed his head in confirmation. Suddenly a burst of comment notifications blasted from the computer, and the MC's attention was redirected to the flood of comments.

"The only thing I've ever gotten her to take was our couple ring, but other than that, nothing." He pouted, just as confused as everyone listening. 

"Do you choose bad presents? Do you not know her style?" Shindong asked with a laugh, curiosity hanging off of every word. A laugh from the EXO leader slowly moved everything back to a normal pace.

"I don't think so...I'll ask her when I get home."

Whenever he looked at the silver ring that diligently stayed on his ring finger, he was reminded of the question.

~~

"Hyung, does she really not take your presents?" A curious baby Tao asked as the leader returned to the dorm. The attention of the present members was quickly directed to him, awaiting his response silently. Suho wished he could always get their attention so easily.

"Only our couple ring. I'm not sure why either." He his chin thoughtfully. Realizing he had as much knowledge as they did, the members quickly dropped the subject before scattering to return to their own activities.

"You're seeing her later, right?" Chanyeol asked, approaching the leader that had began snacking on an apple. Suho nodded as the fruit crunched.

"I'm taking Kris hyung to their apartment later, do you want to come with us?" The Happy Virus snatched the same fruit from the fridge as Suho briefly considered the offer. It was just a little convenient to be dating friends of your friend's girlfriends. So many friends.

"Nah, we'll just meet at the Shop later." Suho decided, referring to the cute ramen shop he had first met her in. The tasty shop was only the second best thing he has discovered that day.

"Kris still won't make a move, huh?" Chanyeol shook his head with a grimace, answering his question simply. Sharp beagle teeth bit into a sweet red apple.

"Not one. I'm trying to convince him Sehun is going to score first but...aish. Knock some sense into him, hyung." Suho laughed at the almost desperation in his bandmate's voice, tossing his fruit away and brushing shiny blonde hair out of his eyes.

"If I could reach his head, I would." Height jokes were the best. Chanyeol mumbled something incoherently, chomping into the apple again as Suho checked his watch -a present from her in fact - and realized he was going to be late.

"I'm going now!" The leader mom called loudly enough for everyone to hear. As he swooped out the door, he offered Chanyeol a private good luck cheer, though he knew it was going to take more than that to move a galaxy.

Why was she so opposed to his gifts? She had given him many - cute, novelty jewelries that he wore regardless of matching them to his clothes; t-shirts from her commutes back to Canada or the Philippines; cute snacks from her adventures around Seoul, and even the watch she bought for him with her first Korean paycheck - Yet, she wouldn't accept anything for herself?

"What a true enigma you are, Ara," Suho whispered into the chilled evening air as he diligently headed for the shop, anxiety only intensifying. Even simple presents she wouldn't accept. Was Shindong right? Did he not know what she liked? Or was it that she was planning to leave him from the start and didn't want to accept any presents that would be reminders for the future? But then, why would she accept a couple ring...

"You're being an idiot." He said clearly, audibly, causing some heads to turn and look at the insane man who talked to himself as headed into the ramen shop. "She loves you and you know it."

But, really, it was a peculiar question.

>

Suho arrived at the shop first and, out of habit, sat at the table they always did. Still in thought, he stared intently at his clasped hands on the table, his focus only being broken when the familiar waitress approached him.

"Is Ara on her way?" She asked, scribbling their frequent orders on the notepad. 

"Er, yes, she is." He offered her a humble smile. "Actually, can you bring me one of what she always drinks? I think I need a sugar rush right about now." Understandingly, she nodded and headed off back to the kitchen. Suho slumped in his chair, covering his face with his hands. The curiosity was really going to kill him.

"If you're trying to hide from me, you're going to need to try a little harder." Her sweet, caramel voice surprised him and he visibly jumped as she sat down. 

Why was she so cute? Her sugar smile only made it harder to ask such a potentially dangerous question.

"Oh, never." Quickly he dropped his hands back onto the table and instantly found them tangled in hers. He felt the silver couple ring on her ring finger and calmed slightly.

"So, uh, did you hear me on SSTP today?" Suho asked shyly, avoiding her eyes. Had he looked at her, he would instantly see a mischievous glint in her eyes that he had seen earlier.

"I did." 

Oh, Lord, why was she making this hard. He cringed slightly. 

"Shindong-sunbae was quite the interrogator today..." The grin he didn't see only got wider.

"Is he? I couldn't tell."

He was probably going to cry. The waitress quietly dropped the drinks off at their table; one coffee with one sugar and three creams for Mr Suho, one chocolate bubble tea for the future Mrs Suho and one special order chocolate bubble tea for the man who always needed something a little more energetic.

"Is someone joining us-" 

 

"Why don't you take my gifts?" 

 

Her question was cut off and deflected but she couldn't do much as he stared at her with his brown puppy eyes. She didn't know if he realized it but his grasp on her hands had tightened.

 

"Um," To be honest she was expecting the question but not so suddenly.

"Is it because you don't like them? I'm choosing the wrong things, right? Because surely you can't be planning on leavin-"

"Junmyeon!" Utter shock flittered in her eyes as he quickly ceased his blubbering. 

"You overthink. And you shouldn't." Ara briefly let their hands go to sit beside him, but the blonde man desperately gripped for them again as soon as she sat beside him. 

"I've wanted everything you've ever set in front of me. Your taste is amazing, undoubtedly. But, Junmyeon..." His eyes begged and begged and the tears that glazed them could only make her weak.

"Frankly, I don't want people saying I love you for your money." His jaw dropped. Ara didn't notice.

"Because I don't. I love you for you. Forever. And I'm sorry if I've sent the wrong messages but I can't stand people trying to undermine our relationship just because of me, accepting your amazing presents while I give you candy I find in the mall-"

Suho cut her off again but this time she didn't mind, as his lips crashed onto hers. 

Breathlessly, he held her small face in his hands and looked her straight in the eyes. "You're perfect." He whispered, as he kissed her again. 

Suddenly remembering they sat in a restaurant during dinner time, however, the shy couple quickly broke apart save for their hands which were practically glued to each other.

"For the record I love those candies." Ara looked at him shyly and mouthed a thank you as their noodles were set in front of them. Everything was calm again. Hardly even an argument, the matter was settled easily and he was relieved.

"But, they're not as sweet as you." 

She hit him and reached for the ramen.

 

~~~

editing is really hard on mobile so i apologize for any mistakes!
>>>edit: revised on the computer //

>>>edit2: name revised