Their Tales

I Met You

They share many things for being good friends, will love be included?

-

Their first encounter was when they joined an open audition for the choir team at the university.

Unlike others ― being nervous, biting nails, memorizing the lyrics ― she was pretty calm and she was bobbing her head with the music blasted out of her headset. She didn’t seem nervous, because instead of memorizing the song, she was humming another song - Beast’ You.

Jongdae sat right next to her, simply because he knew none there and the only vacant seat was there, right beside her. And she only bowed slightly to him, then returned to her activity, ignoring him.

Seeing people come and gone, some were grinning happily, some were lowering their heads down, few even cried, it somehow made Jongdae nervous even more. He has heard that the choir team wasn’t a joke, but he didn’t know the pressures would be this hard.

When his name was called -- it was kinda surprising that Jongdae was called first than the girl next to him, because he knew that she was there earlier than him, but he didn’t really think deeply about it, since was busy with his thumping heart.

Jongdae walked in to the room with a nervous smile carved on his face. He took a good look at the judges, there were the Head of choir team, Jongdae knew him because he once promoted it on the university orientation classes, Kim Minseok, and next to him was a guy with a pretty childish face and sparkling eyes, Jongdae glanced at the board, Luhan. And there was Lee Seonsaengnim, the vocal trainer of the choir team.

“Hello there!” The guy with sparkling eyes greeted him. “You’re Kim Jongdae?”

Jongdae nodded. “Yes, I’m Kim Jongdae. Please take care of me.” He bowed down at them.

“You’re handsome, by the way.” Luhan flirted, scored a smack at the back of his head from Minseok.

“Okay, so can you sing us something?” Minseok’s turn to ask.

“What song?” He blinked. Damn, he already prepared a song, but now everything seemed like forgotten. He was lost.

Luhan chuckled. “Whoaaa, you really are nervous, aren’t you?” He giggled at Jongdae. “Anything will work, Jongdae. Your favorite song, maybe?”

“Favorite song?” Jongdae tried hard to think, before finally let out a happy smile.

“Seems like you find it. Can you sing it for us?” Luhan asked.

Jongdae nodded and took a deep breath, trying to control his racing heart, before finally started to sing his all-time favorite song from his all-time favorite drama, Stairway to Heaven – I Miss You – with his eyes closed.

In memories, I used to love you madly

I tried to search for the memories

We couldnt have been more in love

I shouldnt do this

 

When he opened his eyes, he found Luhan gaping, Minseok smirking, and Lee Seonsaengnim wrote down something on a paper.

He turned his head and found few of his friends were standing at the door, clapping their hands and smiling at him.

“It looks like you have fans already, Jongdae.” Luhan stood up and walked right to him. He smiled widely at the younger. “So, how is it, Seonsaengnim? Seok?”

Minseok shrugged and glanced at Lee Seonsaengnim.

“He’s okay.” It was all Lee Seonsaengim said to him.

“Then welcome to the team, Kim!” Luhan slung his hands on Jongdae’s arms. “Let’s get along!”

Minseok walked to them and quickly separated them. “It’s enough, Lu, you’re scaring him. He will think that you’re gay.”

Luhan pouted. “You only need to say that you’re jealous with me.”

“Not in millions years.” Minseok dragged him away, asking Jongdae to leave, before Luhan got way clingier to him.

Jongdae followed his order and walked out of the room, with hearing a “Jung Eunji, it’s your turn!”

Jongdae halted when he looked the girl with headset, so her name is Jung Eunji, shoved out his headset and stood up. Again, their gazes met, so the female bowed her head slightly, and walked in to the audition room.

“Jung Eunji...” Jongdae repeated that name, then he gradually smiled.

-

Their second encounter was when Eunji signed up for choir team building in Jeju Island.

She accidentally bumped into a broad, firm shoulder, with a fresh scent coming out from him. Eunji looked up and found Kim Jongdae was holding her arms.

“I’m sorry.” Eunji bowed at him.

“Are you okay?” He asked, his voice sounded worried. “I’m so sorry, I’m in rush, so...” He didn’t continue his words because Eunji raised her thumb, telling him that she was okay. “Oh, by the way, I’m―”

“― Kim Jongdae, right?” Eunji smiled at him. “I know you. You covered the song flawlessly at the audition!”

Jongdae blinked. “You listened too?”

“Of course! The door was crowded with people and your voice was quiet loud, until it reached me. But I really admit you’re amazing.”

“I’m not that good.” Jongdae ran a hand on his hair. “It’s just.... The drama is my favorite, so I decided to sing the soundtrack.”

“Oh?” Eunji seemed to be surprised. “Do you like Stairway to Heaven too?”

Jongdae needed brief seconds before finally nodded. “I love that drama, simply because Park Shin Hye is pretty there.”

And Eunji smiled, again, it somehow made Jongdae’s heart raced a bit faster. A bit, so it didn’t sound really scary for him. “I like her too. She gets prettier day by day.”

“Can’t disagree with that.” Jongdae joked.

There was silence engulfed them two, before Eunji said, “You’re joining team building too?”

Jongdae nodded. “I already signed up. Luhan hyung is quiet persistent to ask me joining the event.”

“Luhan oppa is pretty cute actually.” Eunji replied.

“Yeah, but you need to get rid of Minseok hyung first, before you could date Luhan hyung.” He answered.

“That’s rude.” But somehow, she chuckled at this. Eunji checked her wrist watch, before finally said, “My next class is coming. Should get there before late, right?” Eunji smiled. “I’ll see you soon, Kim Jongdae!”

She waved at him and left the spot, leaving Jongdae with his amused smile.

-

Their third encounter was when they finished the practice.

“Eunji!” Jongdae waved his hand and walked closer to him.

Eunji turned her head and smiled at him. “Hello, Jongdae.”

“You did great.” It was all Jongdae could say. He actually wanted to tell her that he was amazed when she reached high tones, she got him goosebumps, and he could feel the meaning of the song when she sang it, but no. He would make Eunji feel overwhelmed if he said something like that, so saying she did great was enough.

Eunji’s cheeks tinted pink, then she smiled cheerily at him. “Thank you. You did great too. You reached the tones very well. Minseok oppa seems happy about it.”.

Jongdae only let out a thin smile. “You’re taking bus?”

It was surprising for Eunji, because Jongdae suddenly asked something like that. “Yeah. Why?”

“Err... I know it’s quiet odd, but... It’s almost 11 and it’s not safe for someone, a girl, like you to go home alone. What do you think? Can I send you home?” Jongdae nibbled his lower lip when he braved himself to ask.

“Oh...” Eunji was lost in words.

“... But it’s okay! It’s really okay if you don’t want to....” Stupid, he cursed mentally, why should she go home with you? She barely knows you, you idiotic bastard. And now you’re making her confused. Brace yourself, Jongdae, she will say no―

“Okay.” Eunji took her mint colored post bag and looked at Jongdae. “Come on, let’s go.”

“... Are you sure?” Jongdae felt dumb for even asking that.

She again chuckled at him, somehow her chuckles sounded cute for him. No, but no, it was simply because he was amazed with her voice. Nothing more.

“You’re the one who’s asking me, right?” Eunji patted his shoulder. “I said yes. So let’s go, before it gets later. And it’s better to have a company. At least I’ll have someone to talk to.”

And Jongdae found himself was happily chatting with the female, talking about everything, little things, stupid things -- Who looks better, CL or Bom. The latest smartphone. Stairway to Heaven. Heirs. Park Shin Hye.

All the small talks sounded big for both Jongdae and Eunji.

-

Choir team building was beyond suffocating, Eunji decided.

They were staying there for three days two nights, being forced to wake up at 4 in the morning, having a saddening breakfast, practicing for hours until noon, having lunch, continuing the practices, having dinner, and going to bed when it was almost midnight.

Eunji’s body finally collapsed at the second day. She got a bad sore throat and cold. She cursed mentally because she was being dumb for not bringing any medicines or extra blankets -- or even jackets.

So when the others were practicing ― they were singing their national anthem ― Eunji only sat on the couch, humming the song and tightened the sweater, hoping it would make her body warmer.

“You’re okay?”

Eunji looked up and found Jongdae walked limping and joined her on the couch. He yelped in pain before gazed at her.

“What happened to you?” Eunji asked, her eyes stared at his legs.

“I sprained my ankle when Luhan hyung tried to teach us about stability. He asked us to sing and dance at the same time, he said he wanted to see how we reach high tones when we are gasping for breath. And sadly, I trolled it.” Jongdae answered with mischiveous grin appeared on his face.

“Did Luhan oppa get mad at you?”

“No, of course no. It’s the exact opposite. I get mad at him, that’s why he said I’m freed to not do the practices.”

“You seized the moment.” Eunji nodded. “The accident brings you a good luck, I guess.”

“Can’t disagree with you.” Then he touched her forehead. “Whoa, you’re hot.”

“I know I am.”

“Yah, you’re sick right now and you’re still trying to be confident...” Jongdae shook his head. “What happened to you?” He asked back.

“My immune system doesn’t seem to be as amazing as I expected. The practices are killing me. And this is the result, me getting cold.”

“And you’re only wearing such a thin sweater...” Jongdae commented and took off his jacket, then handed it to her. “Wear this. It’s kinda thick, so I guess it will make you warmer.”

“But....” Eunji sounded hesitant. “... Aren’t you sick too?”

Jongdae hit her head playfully. “Yah, Jung Eunji.. Is your brain getting hot too?” He huffed. “I’m sick, yes, true, but it’s my ankle. And I don’t think my ankle needs that jacket to warm it up...” He sent her a playful glance.

“Thank you, Jongdae...” Eunji sounded sincere, doesn’t seem to be offended with the way Jongdae .

“You’re very welcome.” Jongdae smiled at her wholeheartedly.

They were quiet again, before Eunji spoke up, “Whoa it’s raining.” Her eyes sparkled when she saw the rain was pouring. “Isn’t it beautiful?”

“I don’t think so.” Jongdae didn’t understand where was the beauty of dark clouds, weird smell, and pouring rain. But something disturbed him, he wondered, so he asked her, “... Why do you like rain?”

Eunji was stunned hearing the question, but then she let out a faint smile. “... It’s complicated...”

“I have time...” Jongdae assured her.

“You won’t like it.”

“Try me.”

Eunji heaved a deep sigh, before told him, “... It was raining when my mother gone. It was raining when I got my broken heart. It was raining every time I’m at my worst. Since I realized that, I started to believe that the rain could be a great friend for me, because it falls every time I want to cry my feelings out.”

Jongdae was speechless.

“I told you, you won’t like the story.” Eunji whispered lowly.

But instead of leaving, Jongdae closed the gap between them and he caressed her back. “I’m happy you told me.” He smiled faintly. “From now on... If you want to... You can count on me... You only need to let me in...”

Eunji looked up to Jongdae, who was smiling assuredly at her, with drawing comfort circles with his thumb.

And she somehow felt relieved for telling this to someone like Jongdae.

-

That was how their friendship started. From meaningless encounters and chats, that brought them to different level.

Eunji sometimes would find herself being called ‘Kim Jongdae’s girlfriend’ from his friends, like Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun, and Lee Howon, just because she patiently waited for Jongdae every time the male had a soccer match with another faculty. Albeit she kept disagreeing with them, they still called her like that. And Jongdae didn’t even help her. He only chuckled and asked her not to care about it.

“Mind those s.” Jongdae said as he walked Eunji home. “They never saw me bring girls home, so they went insane like that. Just let it go, okay? You’ll get used to it.”

Eunji couldn’t help not to feel butterflies inside her stomach. “... You never bring girls home?” She raised her brow suggestively.

Jongdae shoved his hands inside his jeans pockets. “Yeaah... You’re the first, actually.”

“Why do you decide to bring me to your home?” Eunji insisted herself to dig for more information.

And Jongdae came out with an unexpected answer, “... Because you’re my friend?” Jongdae sounded unsure. “Yes, because you’re my good friend and I want them to know you.”

Eunji merely smiled at his answer.

-

Eunji learnt about Jongdae’s personalities, the good and the bad ones. She learnt that Jongdae was a gentle, caring, honest friend, but somehow he could be an irritating spoiled brat and acted like a five years old child toward her.

“Eunji...”

Eunji looked up from her books, only to meet Jongdae, who was frowning deeply. She was at the public library for the last three hours, finishing her papers, which was abandoned because of team building. “Hmm?” She asked.

“It’s been three hours.”

“Yeah, so?”

“I crave for bossam.”

“Yeah, so?”

“I’m hungry. Damn it.” Jongdae rolled his eyes. “Let’s go. Let’s leave this hideous place and grab our lunch.”

“You can go first, Jongdae. I need to finish this. The due date is tomorrow.”

Jongdae pouted, but he didn’t move from his seat. He only looked at Eunji and took out his cell phone.

“You’re not leaving?” Eunji gazed Jongdae, who was busy playing Let’s Get Rich.

“Nope.” He answered curtly.

“Why?” Eunji couldn’t help herself not to ask.

Jongdae looked at her and answered casually, as if it wouldn’t affect the female across him, “Because I come here to accompany you, so I don’t want to leave without you.”

It was all he said and he went back to play the game. Eunji was still gazing him with heart thumping a bit faster.

-

Eunji knew Jongdae was sweeter than candy and gentler than any boy friend she ever had before.

It was another open audition for the newest members of Choir team, to get solo singer for the upcoming university contest. Eunji already checked her competitors, they were Bang Minah, Lee Jieun, and Seo Joohyun. Bang Minah could reach high tones as well. Lee Jieun had perfect pitch. Seo Joohyun was the solo singer for the last contest, and she helped the team to get a gold medal for it, so she was the hardest competitors above all.

Jongdae sat beside her when she waited for her turn. He actually had two classes, but he skipped them because he knew this was very important for her.

“Your bangs need to be cut.” Jongdae caressed her hair softly. “And you need to eat more, you’re getting skinny.” Jongdae pinched her cheeks. “I’ll be losing my chubby baby Eunji, if you keep losing weight.”

And the response he got was Eunji frowned deeper. She closed the papers ― she didn’t want to memorize them anymore ―  and nibbled her lower lip, hard enough to make it bleed.

“Yah. Yah. You’ll hurt your lips.” Jongdae flicked her lips, so she stopped biting it. “Why are you so tensed up?”

“I’m so scared. I’m so nervous. I think I won’t make it.” She nodded lightly. “Right. I won’t make it. Let’s go, Jongdae. Let’s leave and do something else.”

She was about to stand up when he reached out her hand and grabbed it tightly. When Eunji shot him a questioning look, Jongdae gave her a lopsided smile and said, “What are you nervous for, Eunji? I’m here to cheer you, you know.”

Eunji was wordless and she looked down on Jongdae’s tight grip.

“You’ll be okay, trust me. I don’t even care about the result at all, because I’ll always be proud of you, because Jung Eunji I know is always amazing.” Jongdae grinned widely.

Eunji wasn’t chosen, Lee Jieun was. Even she couldn’t hide the fact that she was disappointed, the way Jongdae pulled her into a warm tight hug and whispered a soft “You did amazing,” repeatedly, was more than enough to brighten her mood.

-

Eunji liked to take care of Jongdae, in any term. For example, since she knew Jongdae was a late riser, so ever since they became friends, Jongdae personally asked her to become his walking alarm. And she happened to come to his house almost every day, except weekends, of course.

“Jongdae..” Eunji patted his shoulder. “Jongdae, it’s 7 already. Wake up and get ready. You have class on 8.30, right?”

But Jongdae snored louder.

“Jongdae, come on... Wake up before Howon oppa splash your face again.” Eunji reached his cheeks, slapping them repeatedly.

Just right when she thought Jongdae was awake, she felt his hands grasped her forearms and pulled her down, joining Jongdae on the bed. And like it wasn’t enough to shut her up, Jongdae snuggled her by hugging her tightly.

Chest by chest.

Eunji could feel his heart was beating, his steady breath, they sounded like lullaby, if she got drowned into it.

“Jongdae...” Eunji cleared , because she sounded very hoarse.

“Hmmmmm...”

“Jongdae, open your eyes.” Eunji commanded.

“Mmpphh....”

“Jongdae, I said open your eyes.” She repeated her command.

Jongdae whined like a baby, before he gradually opened his eyes... And found Eunji was right in front of his face.

His eyes widened and he quickly sat up. “What are you doing here?!”

Eunji also sat up and her cheeks reddened, “I should be the one who’s asking you that. What are you doing? It’s 7.20 already! Get up and take a bath!”

Jongdae laid his body back on his bed and whined, “I’m so sleepy, Eunji... Let me sleep...”

“What time did you sleep last night?” Eunji started to interrogate him. She stood up and opened the curtain, caused the male whined like a child.

“... 2?” Jongdae answered as low as he could.

“2?!” Jongdae quickly buried himself under the thick blanket. “What did you do?! Did you play Get Rich again?”

“Noooooo!” Jongdae shook his head. “I played Pokopang! Get Rich bores me. And I made a high score.” He said as if Eunji would be okay with it.

“No difference.” Eunji narrowed her eyes. “Wake up. Get ready. Quick.”

“Eunji...” Jongdae held her hand and swung it, begging her to let him get few minutes for nap.

“I don’t repeat myself, Kim Jongdae.”

Jongdae knew her stern voice was a friendly threat for him. So Jongdae then stood up and prepared himself, with Eunji waiting outside, along with Howon.

“You know...” Howon sipped his chocolate milk. “... Jongdae never lets a girl walk in to his room.”

Eunji tried to act as calm as possible. “Yeah, he told me.”

“So you know that you’re the first. You’re somehow special for him.”

“We’re friends, Howon sunbae only good friends. Nothing more.”

“For today.” Howon deadpanned. “Who knows for tomorrow?”

Eunji didn’t answer him, instead she took a sip of her tea, trying not to think about what he said just now.

Even though it somehow annoyed her.

-

“You shouldn’t talk to him,” Jongdae frowned when he spotted his good friend was having a great chat with a senior named Kim Junmyeon. “He’s a lady killer. He breaks girls’ heart without mercy,”

Eunji only chuckled at this. She knew very well that Jongdae envied every male that talked to her.

“Yah, I’m being serious right here.” Jongdae frowned deeper when he saw Eunji was clearly not listening to his rant.

“And tell me why should I listen to you?”

“Because I’m your friend, for crying out loud!” Jongdae huffed indignantly.

A friend,” Eunji emphasized, “You’re just a friend, not my boyfriend. Or… Do you want to be my boyfriend?” Eunji suddenly offered, “Then you’re allowed to forbid me to talk to any guy you think is dangerous for me,”

Jongdae blushed. He looked at Eunji, trying to study her, whether she was offering for real or she was only messing around with him.

“I was joking,” Eunji giggled at Jongdae’s blank face expression.

And Jongdae didn’t know if he had to act relieved or sigh heavily on this.

-

It was when Eunji spotted Jongdae was surrounded with girls, maybe wanted to praise him for his amazing singing skill. Jongdae mouthed her to wait for him, so she did. She waited for that to finish flirting or talking or anything, Eunji didn’t care, for almost an hour.

“Let’s go.” Jongdae patted her arm and smiled charmingly at her, ignoring the annoyed face Eunji has already plastered.

Eunji didn’t move an inch.

Jongdae sensed the unfriendly circumstance, so he sat beside her. “Are you mad?”

Eunji looked away.

Then Jongdae knew he did something wrong until the female ignored him creepily like that.

“Eunji, are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong—” Jongdae cursed mentally at his dumbness. “— I made you waiting, right? You’re mad because I made you waiting, right?”

Eunji sent him a death glare, “You know, you made me waiting for almost an hour? An hour, for God’s sake! I could be already at home, having dinner, taking bath, and maybe… I could be done with my essay! Do you know that I’m wasting my time for this?”

Jongdae scratched his nape. Eunji was scary whenever she was angry, not like she got angry often, it’s just because she hardly ever went angry like this, “I’m sorry…”

“Yeah, right… Like your sorry would fix everything. You’re not EXO Tao, you know? You can’t turn back times like him.”

Jongdae was stifled between laughing and acting sorry. Just then, he heard her stomach was growling. He smirked at her reddened cheeks. “I can treat you dinner…” Jongdae lured her.

“I can eat by my own…”

“I’ll let you eat anything. You only have to choose,” He didn’t forget to plaster his playful smile.

Eunji started to hesitate.

“What do you want for dinner? Dumplings? Fried rice? Bibimbap? Kimchi spaghetti? Name it and it will be yours…” Jongdae knew how easy for Eunji to fall down on his seduction, Eunji never resisted free food, he knew it well.

“You ‘re really annoying…” Eunji hissed lowly, but she stood up and looked at Jongdae. “Buy me an ice cream, two – no… Three scoops,”

Jongdae smiled. He was already forgiven. “Okay, three scoops, four scoops, I don’t care… Your smile is way more important,” He said honestly.

And Eunji only rolled her eyes, trying to ignore the racing heart inside.

-

They were bored at Eunji’s house. They were run out of topics to talk, so they only sat with silence started to engulf them. Eunji enjoyed it though – the silence – simply because Jongdae’s presence was more than anything for her.

Eunji didn’t know, didn’t count, and didn’t bother to think when the last time Jongdae looked so admirable like this. Eunji only knew Jongdae has attached deeply in her heart and she couldn’t imagine spending a day without him. But she knew, if she tried to make them happen, Jongdae would walk away. And no, the thought of losing him was dreadful for her, so she tried, she tried to enjoy this friendship, pretending like his touches, the way he looked at her, the way Jongdae grabbed her hand whenever she got cold, didn’t interfere her feelings.

“Hey, Eunji,” Jongdae shifted closer, “Are you awake?”

Eunji hummed as an answer.

“Do you want to play a game with me?”

Eunji jerked her head to see Jongdae a bit clearer. “What game?”

“Truth or Dare?” Jongdae suggested, “I don’t know… Do you want to play something else? I’m so bored to death.”

“Okay,” Eunji shrugged, “That game kills the time too, right?” She asked. “What time we should go?”

They were going to join Jongdae’s roommates to give Chanyeol a surprise birthday party, and the reason Jongdae stayed at Eunji’s house was because he accompanied the female to buy Chanyeol a present.

“4. Forty minutes is enough, I think?” Jongdae then looked at his friend and said, “Truth or Dare, Eunji?”

“Truth,”

“Have you ever kissed someone?”

She blushed, hard, but she didn’t complain and answered, “Nope. You, truth or dare?”

“Truth,”

“Have you ever kissed someone?”

“Yeah, my Mom. Truth or Dare?”

“Truth,”

Jongdae’s heart beat faster, “Tell me… Have you ever thought of kissing me?”

“What?” Her eyes widened in shock.

“Don’t ask back. Answer it.” Jongdae forced her.

“But…” Eunji looked at Jongdae, she didn’t understand why the question went that way, but she had no right to argue since she agreed on playing this game, and she should be honest, right? Right, she has chosen Truth. “I…” She stuttered, “I have…”

It was almost sound like a whisper and Jongdae bet he wouldn’t allow asking her to repeat. His smirk gradually widened as he looked at her, “So?” He asked himself, “I think I choose Truth.”

Without looking at the taller, Eunji questioned, “Why did you ask me something like that?”

“Because it helps me. I need to confirm something.”

“Confirm what?”

“You should choose Dare so I can tell you the answer…”

Eunji quirked her eyebrows, “It sounds dangerous…”

“I’m just advising…”

Eunji hesitated, but then she decided to answer, “… Dare…”

Jongdae his lips and let out a soft smile, “I dare you to let me kiss you…”

And without waiting for her approval, Jongdae leaned in and pressed his lips against hers. It fitted like a lost piece a puzzle and it tasted like all the Disney’s cheesy kisses in their stories; it was perfectly perfect.

They finally broke apart when Jongdae’s cell phone buzzed, telling he got a call. Jongdae needed seconds before he picked up the phone, it was from Baekhyun, “Okay… Okay, we’ll be there… Okay… Shut it, Baek.”

It was pretty awkward when they gazed at each other, but Jongdae was the first one, who initiated to talk, “It’s Baekhyun… He said we should come… Chanyeol is coming home…”

Eunji huffed and then she nodded. She took her present and her handbag and followed Jongdae, who was already waiting outside. And again, without waiting for her response, Jongdae reached her hand and grabbed it tightly, like he was scared to lose her near the future – which Eunji refused to do so.

Eunji smiled at this. She wished Jongdae would man up and confirmed what they really were.

-

The problem was coming days after that daring kiss. Jongdae suddenly avoided her, saying that he was sick when Eunji wanted to ask him to go out together, saying that he had to finish his papers when Eunji wondered what he was doing for weekend, and saying that Chanyeol needed him to console him because Chanyeol was rejected by his crush – which Eunji figured out it was a lie since she saw Chanyeol was chatting happily with a girl.

Eunji wanted to play hard to get, wanted Jongdae to miss her instead she’s missing him, wanted Jongdae to come and explain what happened at her house before.

Eunji didn’t want to be like those females, begging for Jongdae to see them and like them and kiss them and anything…

But it seemed like it was the only good way to make Jongdae talked.

-

Jongdae was cursing mentally at Howon for letting her in.

These days have been the hardest for Jongdae. He had to wake up by his own, he had to miss the choir team practices, he had to leave before she came, and he had to tell her thousand lies to avoid her to meet him.

No, Jongdae didn’t regret what happened that day. That kiss explained everything. He was afraid, scared, what if Eunji regretted it? What if Eunji wanted to meet him to talk about it, to ask Jongdae to forget about it?

It was his first kiss, damn it.

He didn’t want Eunji break his pride away, that was why he chose to avoid her.

But it seemed like it was the only good way to tell Eunji.

-

“You’re here,” Jongdae greeted her, without his soft smile he plastered every day.

“You’re avoiding me,” Eunji was straight to the point, “Why are you avoiding me?”

“I have my reasons…” Jongdae shrugged, acted uncaring.

“Reasons?” Eunji scoffed, “You kissed me and you left me flustered, mister, and how dare you telling me you have reasons to avoid me?”

“… Look here,” Jongdae gazed at her, “… That kiss was a mistake… I shouldn’t do that. We shouldn’t do that. It was a bad accident,”

Eunji widened her eyes, “… What did you say?”

“Kissing you was an accident—”

He was cut off.

Eunji slapped his cheek hard, until her hand traced on his cheek. Jongdae touched and yelped, it was freaking painful… Then he looked up, his eyes met Eunji’s.

She was crying.

“I hate you…” She growled, “… I hope you rot in hell…” Then she took off, wrenching her arms when Baekhyun and Howon tried to ask her to cool down before leaving.

It was Chanyeol, shaking his head and looked at his roommate in pity, “What the hell did you do, Jongdae?”

Jongdae looked away.

-

“You’re dumb. You’re an idiotic moron. You’re a ing .” Howon gladly spilled all the profanities he got, and all directed to Jongdae.

“Hyung,” Chanyeol tried to warn him, but the older only went angrier.

“Why the did you kiss her? Oh, please don’t tell me about taking by the flows, Kim, I will ing kill you if you say so,” Howon went back and forth.

Jongdae already told the truth, which made Baekhyun gaped in awe, Chanyeol shook his head, and Howon had the urge to break his nose until it bleed like crazy.

“You’re her first kiss,” Baekhyun said.

“And he ruined it,” Howon balled his fist.

“Hyung, no…” Chanyeol warned.

“This punk needs a beating!” Howon yelled, caused Jongdae winced on his seat, “For God’s sake, Jongdae! What the is wrong with you! Of all girls, why her?! Why should you make her cried? Oh, God…”

Chanyeol, being the cold-headed above the others, asked Howon to sit down and he then sat beside Jongdae. Baekhyun was being kind preparing hot tea to calm all the asses down.

“Do you like her? Jung Eunji, I mean,” Chanyeol asked him.

Jongdae nodded.

“Then why did you tell us you’re scared?” Chanyeol patted his back.

“What if… What if Eunji doesn’t like me back? What if… Eunji wants us to stay friends and forget about the kiss?”

“Idiot,” Baekhyun hissed, “Do you think she will cry if she only wants to ask you to stay friends and forget it? Do you think Eunji would sacrifice her precious time only to meet a garbage like you?” Baekhyun asked gruffly.

“Dude,” Chanyeol made a face at Baekhyun.

“I’m sorry,” Baekhyun said casually.

“The point is…” Chanyeol concluded, “… We three know Eunji likes you back, worse, she likes you much more than you do to her. Since the beginning of your friendship, we already knew you two would be something in future… But what we didn’t know was… You had to be an to get things right…”

Jongdae looked at his roommates. He looked down when Howon gazed sharply at him.

“Why aren’t you moving?” Howon again yelled at him, “Get your up and go. Go ask for her forgiveness,” Howon softened, “We wish you the best…”

-

“Why are you here?”

Jongdae cringed at her annoyed tone, “I don’t want to fight with you.” He said lowly.

“And I don’t want to see your face anymore.” Eunji was this close to bang the door closed, but Jongdae was tougher, “Go away, I don’t want to see you,”

“Please, Eunji… I need to talk to you.”

“I don’t want to! Go away!”

“Eunji….” His saddening tone plus his puppy eyes were enough to make Eunji surrender. But no, it didn’t mean she would let go that easy.

“What do you want?” She crossed her forearms against her chest.

“I want to ask you to come out with me.”

“What?” She blinked.

“I promise to send you back home before midnight.” Jongdae reached to touch her hand, but Eunji took a step back, refusing.

“Why should I go with you? I’m very angry with you right now.” Eunji stilled at her spot.

Jongdae sighed. “I know... But can you... Can you be angry with me on the way? I’ll listen to your rant very very attentively, promise.”

Eunji was this close to lose her battle, but again, she played hard at him, “It’s raining out there. I thought you don’t like rain,”

Jongdae needed a moment before answered, “But I like you…”

“Bull…” Eunji rolled her eyes. She convinced herself to not be taken away with his cheesy line.

“Please?” Jongdae has never begged, for anything.

Eunji sighed, “Okay, wait here, I’ll go dressed up.”

 

When the door was closed, there was tiny hope inside Jongdae and tiny smile on Eunji.

-

They decided to go to their favorite coffee shop, but they gawked when they realized the shop was already closed.

“Oh, right… Today is Children Day,” Jongdae looked sorry at the shorter, “Should we wait here until the rain stops?” He suggested.

Eunji only nodded and leaned her back against the glass window. Her eyes focused on the pouring rain.

“I’m sorry,”

Eunji turned her head when she heard Jongdae was saying sorry.

“I’m sorry because I’m being a . I’m such a moron, I’m so sorry.”

Eunji didn’t answer him.

“I’m so sorry for hurting you,” Jongdae said, “I was being stupid, self-centered, insecure… I’m so scared that you might ask me to forget about the kiss… Shoot, it was my first kiss… Then you cried… Then you said you hate me… Then Chanyeol explained… Howon hyung too – but he was yelling at me… I’m so sorry… I know my apology won’t make your heartache heals, I know I’m being dumb for saying those trash…”

Eunji only stared when Jongdae took her hands and blew some air to them, she couldn’t help not to ask, “What are you doing?”

“You’re cold.” Jongdae answered, “I saw your hands were trembling…”

Eunji felt her body was heated up and Jongdae brought her hands closer to his lips and he blew another some air to them.

“I shouldn’t have asked you out…” Jongdae looked at her, “I’m sorry…”

“It’s…” Eunji cleared , “… It’s okay…”

“Eunji…”

“Hmm?”

“I like you.”

Eunji froze.

“Do you think we can stop being friends and bring us to the whole new level?” Jongdae tightened his grip, “I think I want to be your boyfriend, so I can forbid you to talk to guys I find dangerous…”

Eunji burst into chuckles. Jongdae still remembered.

“And you can be my girlfriend, so you can forbid me to stop playing Get Rich and pay more attentions at you…”

Eunji smiled at him.  “Okay…”

“Okay?” Jongdae raised a brow.

“Okay, let’s bring us to the whole new level… I would love to see that.”

“So… Does that mean I can kiss you?”

Eunji giggled heartily before nodded, “… Please do…”

Jongdae ducked his head with a wide grin appeared on his face. “I really really really like you, Jung Eunji. I like you too much until I can’t handle myself…”

Eunji tiptoed with a same wide grin, just like Jongdae’s. “I really really really like you too, Kim Jongdae.”

They ended their biggest fight with their first endless cheesy kiss.

 

 


Author's Note:

January 7th 2015.

What did I write.... /facepalm/

sorry for taking long time to finally put it here. I really wish more people to ship ChenJi - these kids make pretty good ship, to be honest.

thank you so much for the views, subscribes, comments, and upvotes! ;3

 

Anyway, happy reading!