final.

Healing

photo.jpg

 

"Hyung, why are we here?"

A young man, probably on his late twenty, walked across the street with another male beside him. The older man had a bouquet of rose on his free hand.

"It's his birthday today, don't you want to celebrate it with him?" The man asked and smiled. The younger looked troubled.

"Of course I do..." Jungkook whispered. "But, how?"

Seokjin smiled to the maknae. "It's not a crowded birthday party like we used to do, Kookie. I think you're okay with that."

Jungkook stayed silent. He just followed his hyung walking down to a familiar street. It's the same street that going toward Taehyung's house. He's not there, Jungkook thought. Taehyung wasn't on his house right now, and Jin-hyung knew it.

"We aren't going to his house, if that's what in your mind," Jin smiled. "We're just saying hi to his mom and continue our walk."

Jungkook paused. "Can we not meeting his parents?"

"Why?"

"I... I just don't want to. Can we, hyung? Please?"

Jin sighed. How could he said no to this kid? "Okay, so we're keep going, then."

They passed Taehyung's house. When Jungkook saw the familiar building, he felt his chest tighten. He glanced to the yellowish wall for the last time and let his hyung dragged him.

"Ah, they are here! Hey, Jungkook!"

A high-pitched voice heard not so far away from Jungkook. It must be Jimin, he thought. Or I should call him Jimin-hyung?

Jin and Jungkook already arrived at their destination. The rest member of BTS were there too. They matched their clothes, Jungkook realized. They wore the stage costume for Boy in Luv performance, since it was the outfit that Taehyung liked the most.

"Nobody told me to wear this outfit," Jungkook said, half pissed off. He still wore his yellow school uniform, because Jin dragged him all way here right after he stepped out of his last class.

"It's okay, Kookie. It's not like we need to match all the time." Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, said the one who always try to match with Yoongi-hyung?" Jungkook attacked.

"What-"

"Stop it, guys," Namjoon said. "We're not here to fighting."

"But it's fun to watch, tho," Yoongi uttered. "I'm sure Taehyung will like it too."

The moment when Yoongi said it, everyone's gaze turned toward him.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" Yoongi wringkled his brow.

Jungkook ignored him and walked to the shrine near them. He grinned at the small structure.

"Hi, hyung," he took out a piece of chocolate candy that Taehyung liked and placed it near the shrine. "Happy birthday, hyung. It's the first time we celebrate your birthday here. Are you happy?"

Jimin approached him and put a tiny plushie of golden brown lion beside Jungkook's chocolate. He styled the fur first before finally laid it down.

"You're still on the ugly people edition, you know," Jimin sneered. "You missed our bangtan bomb last time. We need to film our ugly people edition together."

"Ah, the one where Jin-hyung is on the ugly people as well?" Hoseok grinned.

"Of course!" Jimin laughed. "Kookie is the only one in the handsome people edition."

"Yah! I brought him here, why don't you give some respect to your hyung!" Jin yelled.

Namjoon just groaned and placed an old cassette tape next to Jimin's plushie. "First audio sketch of Yoongi-hyung and my cypher. Recorded in this old tape, like always you whined to me. Finally I have some time to record it there,"

"So, kiddo, that also count as my present too. Don't complain," Yoongi said sleepily. "And, yeah, happy birthday, Taehyung."

"I'm going to steal your Kookieee~" Hoseok sang. He took Jungkook's hand and swung it back and forth. Jungkook quickly pulled his hand harshly and glared to his hyung.

"No way, hyung. I'm Taehyung's forever,"

"Yeah, I know, Kookie, don't worry." Hoseok winked his eyes. "I'm just saying that I will protect you everytime and everywhere, as a gift for him,"

"Eew that's sound so cliche," Jimin sneered from behind.

"Umm, thanks?" Jungkook said awkwardly.

"You're welcome!" Hoseok grinned and squeezed Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook stepped back and looked at his hyungs. They were standing around the shrine together. The whole bangtan member was here. He could feel his eyes is teary.

"I'm the last, I think," Jin said. "But let's enlarge our space first, I need to extend this thing."

Jin let out something like a blanket and widen it on the ground. He gestured the other to sat down and he unpacked his small bag. It was containing seven small bowls and a medium sized thermos bottle.

"I made you a seaweed soup, as always," Jin smiled. He poured the soup on the first bowl and put it next to Namjoon's tape. "And I made this for the others too, so we can enjoy this together."

"Wow, hyung, you're the best!"

"Is it still warm?"

"Perfect! I'm kind of hungry right now..."

"Wait!" Jin yelled. "Let's sing a birthday song first, and let the birthday boy eat the soup first."

"Hyung," Jungkook hesitated. "Isn't it too much?"

"Nah. You know he like weird things. It's pretty normal for him." Yoongi snorted.

"Okay, let's start!" Jimin shouted.

The happy birthday song was sung happily. They didn't act like the birthday boy wasn't there with them to sang it together. They didn't act like it's only six of them. Jimin was singing in his high pitched voice, while Namjoon and Yoongi rap along with him. Hoseok just added silly sound effects and Jin was the only one who sang it correctly. Deep down on Jungkook's heart, he believed their voice would reach Taehyung's heart. He knew it would reach Taehyung's heart.

Jungkook smiled at his dumb hyungs. Taehyung was gone. Namjoon decided to continue their way as Bangtan Boys. Taehyung wouldn't let them stop, Namjoon said. He would angry at us if we quit now.

At first Jungkook couldn't make it. Why the death coming for Taehyung first. Why it wasn't him. But his hyung were there to help him. Not completely erased the memory of Taehyung, but to strengthen him.

"I love him too, Kookie. We always love him. We always have him together with us. He exist in our heart. He stand in your memory, to cheer you up, to not let you down."

Jungkook looked up to the sky. It was crystal clear, bright blue and heart warming, like Taehyung always said. He silently sing along to the happy birthday song.

"Happy birthday, hyung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

Um yeah SORRY GUYS I CAN'T HELP IT ;A; But of course I wish him a long healty age! 

And for the last time (because I spazz too much on twitter) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNG!