Prologue

I Like You

   I sat down silently as I watched Chee Heul bounce over to me, excitedly dragging along a taller boy who had dyed hair. Well, it looks dyed but it seemed natural.. but our school allows students to dye their hair so.. why bother anyway? Hehe~. The boy was awkwardly and shyly smiling, showing off his rectangular smile. Ah! Kim Taehyung. A student in my music class. He has Byun Baekhyun's smile, and the fans in my class always ship them because of their friendship for some reason.

   "Ah! Dongsaeng-ah, meet my new boyfriend!" She excitedly drags him and pulls him to the seat across my empty table. Chee Heul is the girl in school who is very well-known for her looks and is a year older than me , my best friend, and a triple-timer. Or more. Currently, she's dating Taehyung, Luhan and Suho. Aish, these boys. Haven't they heard of how much of a trouble she is? Well, it's not like I hate her or anything, it's just that.. I'm wondering how we became best friends.

   "Woah, woah, slow down. You don't want to disembody your boyfriend," I laughed as I placed the juicebox in my hand down. Chee Heul simply giggled, Taehyung giving me a bashful smile. "Annyeong! Ahn Seo Hyun imnida. Chee Heul's bestie. Treat her well, you hear me?" I chuckled as I pointed my spoon at him, my pinkie finger in his direction. Well.. she should take care of him well.

   "Arasso, Seo Hyun! Kim Taehyung imnida," he flashed his smile, and I placed my spoon back down before resting my chin on my hand which was supported by my elbows resting on the table.

   "He's really sweet and cute and dorky~ but he's mine. Muahahaha~" Chee Heul ended her 'Stay-Back' speech with a fake evil laugh, and I rolled my eyes.

   "It's not like I'm interested. I, Ahn Seo Hyun, have Usui Takumi!" I grinned proudly, fantasizing about my 'boyfriend' who is just an anime character from Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama! and is basically 17 years old and here I am, waiting for my birthday to pass.

   "Oh! I just remembered something that you two share!" Chee Heul suddenly broke the small awkward silence and our eyes were directed to Chee Heul's direction. "You both share the same birth dates!"

   "So maybe that explains why the two of you are so ailen-like.." Baekhyun joined my table, sliding into the seat next to me.

   "Ayo~" We did our casual greet handshake, before laughing. "Byun-ssi, why so late?" I pouted, frowning and pretending to get angry.

   "Miaann~ Chanyeol held me back because of his homework. Forgive me~" he pouted, doing aegyo and leaning his body against mine.

   "Andwae." I huffed, still pretending to be angry. Baekhyun began doing more aegyo and began leaning on me shoulder-to-shoulder.

   "I know you wub mee~" he cooed in a baby voice and I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot.

   "Yah, yah, get married already!" Chee Heul joked, causing the both of us to turn red. I shrugged, before picking up my plate and excusing myself from the table. I silently made my way to the tray return area and bit my lip. Baekhyun and I? Seriously? Isn't he having a crush on Taeyeon? Who is a k-pop star. Keke~ but there's studies, after all.

 

    ✿ ✿ ✿

 

   "Ahh! Omona, mianhae mianhae mianhae!! Omona, are you okay? Omona, how am I.. omona, are you okay!?" I was baffled with my own words, especially after bumping into somebody and smearing ice cream all over his shirt. I groaned and scolded myself as I took out my napkin but he seemed rather amused with my mother-like approach after my ice cream fell. When I realized that my ice cream fell on the ground, I glanced at it and groaned.

   "Kyeopta~" he grinned, taking my napkin as he cleaned his school shirt while chuckling softly to my utmost stupidity. "Oh, um I'm Jackson. Jackson Wang." The boy introduced himself, grinning and bowing slightly. My panic-slash-idiotic face disappeared to be replaced my  smile.

   "Are you from another country?" I asked, completely distracted by both his name and surname. He nodded, before shaking his head, before pausing for a little then shrugging. Argh. Cutiepie man-child. Omo, what the hell, Ahn Seohyun!? ARGHH get your brain straight! Well, it's not like I have a chance anyway. Why wouldn't a really cute guy like him be single?

   "Mm.. well, I'm from Hong Kong, but I live in Korea.. um.. well, let's just say that I'm a really wild, y and cute internaional stranger! Uh, but I already told you my name, and I haven't really got yours but.." he spaced out a little as I looked at him with a slight curiousity before his cheeks turned pink after our eyes met. "Omo, don't look at me like that! You look so cute!!" Jackson cupped his cheeks with his hands and I turned red to his sudden aegyo.

   "A-Ah! M-Mianhae. I'm Ahn Seo Hyun. Turning sixteen at the end of the year. Nice meeting you, Jackson." I smiled brightly, bowing a little. Just then, I remembered the ice cream incident. I wanted to insist on buying him a new one but he protested against me, saying that it's fine and he should be the one buying me new ice cream. When I said that it was fine, he suddenly dragged me to the ice cream stand where I bought my ice cream from and he bought one strawberry and one chocolate ice cream.

   When he passed me the ice cream, I was looking at him worriedly. Not worriedly as in a sense of worry, but in a sense of guilt. As I was staring, he suddenly btought the strawberry one to my lips. I took it into my hands before he suddenly held my hand and strolled around the neighbourhood like as if we were a couple. If I rejected, he might've seem offended, but.. I guess it's okay.

   We talked about a lot of random things after stating each other's likes and dislikes and stuff, and to be honest, to me, it.. seemed like a date to me. I-It felt like one! Well, until I he sent me back to my doorstep and he realized he lived across us and our rooms were facing each other. We exchanged numbers and I couldn't stop my heart from fluttering and my stomach doing all sorts of stunts with the butterflies in them everytime he softly gazed at me and smiled as he typed in his name in my phone. Is he flirting with me? But.. well.. I'm single for these sixteen years and I.. omona, Seohyun, control them feels!

   As he walked across the street to go to the other side, I quickly rushed into the house and closing the door abruptly behind my back. I hugged my phone to my heart as I slid my back down the door. "Oh my heart.." I whispered softly to myself as I noticed my father coming to the front door. He asked me what happened and I lied, saying that a fish chased after me. A fish. Well, I just exchanged numbers with a random person I just met and I can't think well! Plus, I'm a horrible liar.

   "Something's up.. sweetheart, spill it." Appa approached me, pulling me up from my position.

   "I.. um.. w-well, I think I'm in love.." I whispered, hopeful audible enough for me to hear but my father was busy cheering and telling my mom.

   "Omo, Seohyun, you know what happened between you and Sehun back in eighth grade back in Hongdae.." she reminded me.

   "Well, maybe her new found boyfriend-to-be is better than that perfect- doll-faced bubble tea-loving Oh Sehun." Appa wriggled his eyebrows, expressing his hate for Sehun like how he hates takoyaki through sarcasm. I turned red in embarrassment.

   "Appa!! Don't make me use aegyo on you!" I stuck my tongue out, before running to my room and locking the door, making my elder sister shout from her room which was wide open with some of her study friends over. I changed and washed up, wearing comfortable clothes, before drawing the curtains to reveal the nearly darkened streets with the street lamps illuminating the streets and lighting up the dark... and a half- Jackson rolling his black shirt and tossing it into a corner of his room. I wanted to hide, but it was too late. He caught me looking and a smirk eventually grew, before adding a wink. Adding on to my embarrassment, it might be completely obvious to him that I was wearing a baggy sweater and shorts and I put on my spectacles instead of wearing the contacts. I turned red, before turning so that my back was  facing him and I covered my face with my hands.

   "Jagiyaaaaaa~~!!!" Jackson's voice was heard from the other side. I wanted to scream and hide under my sheets but when I turned around, he was smirking at me. "Oh!? You're my jagiya!?" He gladly screamed. I put  a finger to my lips. Since my study table was facing the window, I the desk lamp and wrote something on the whiteboard sitting on my many assessment books before showing it to him.

   He then screamed his answer back to me, "Why not!? Anyway, are you free this weekend!? MAYBE WE COULD WATCH A MOVEHH!" He excitedly screamed.

   Unconsciously answering, I was rather surprised at my own answer and his answer.

   "WHAT!" Y-You mean, l-like a date!?"

   "OF COURSE, Jagiyaa~!" he teased me with that label name.

   Okay, maybe being friends with him.. I might have some trouble trying to keep quiet and not be the nerdy Ahn Seo Hyun from what I was in class.