Lawn Mowing

Lawn Mowing

You didn't want to brag, but your house was pretty much perfect.

Your sweet, Gangnam-located three storey dwelling was a ripe seven years old; all of the piping, electrical and heating work had been in use long enough just to get everything to a perfect smooth run. All of the interior decorations were new, fresh and trendy, from paneling choices to paint colors. It was never too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter (though, being Canadian, no winter could ever be colder than those of the desolate farming community you used to live in).

 

Your boyfriend Junmyeon loved all of these, and more; he loved the fact that his house was in the same area as his parents', it was close to his workplace.

 

His favorite features of it, though, were the large backyard and fair-sized front lawn that accompanied the property.

 

"When we have kids," Junmyeon convinced you, pointing around at the fluffy grass terrain with one hand as the other kept its perpetual grasp around your waist, "they can play here, and you can watch them from the living room window." 

 

You didn't have kids, though; after all, you were just 24, and Junmyeon was only your boyfriend (for now). But it was a cute thought. And a cute house. And he was very, very cute.

 

So you stood, in your pretty Seoul abode, at the living room window, watching - 

 

As your boyfriend mowed the fluffy grass terrain under the afternoon heat.

 

Admittedly, you felt a little bad. The poor mower was very basic and required emptying often, making the task even more tiring. But you couldn't hear your pity very well over the cool glass of iced caramel coffee in your hands.

 

"I think I'm going to die of heat soon," Junmyeon complained breathlessly as he stomped back into the house for more garbage bags for the grass. You laughed, somewhat sympathetically, as he proceeded to chug three glasses of water in a row.

 

"You have to make the lawns nice for our kids to  play on," you reminded him; he simply sighed and wiped the perspiration from his forehead.

 

"Of course. I'm almost done anyway." Junmyeon stole a kiss from your lips before tromping out the door again. You called a "fighting!" after him, before heading back to your watchtower spot at the living room window.

 

You were a little surprised, though, as you looked back out at the window. The heat now rising in your cheeks wasn't because of the summer weather, but because of the extremely handsome - and shirtless - man working in your lawn.

 

The body of an idol, indeed, you thought to yourself, clutching to the drink in your hands a little tighter as you stared. The way his biceps tensed as he pushed around the machine, the twisting of his muscled torso almost hypnotizing as he skillfully manoeuvred his way around the lawn furniture. His wing bones arched out of his back with every heave, the thin layer of perspiration on his angelically pale skin glistened in the high sun.

 

There was one word to describe the sight; damn.

 

There was literally no other word you could find in your extensive vocabulary - it spanned through three, almost four languages, so it proved how absolutely godly he looked in that moment. 

 

You almost didn't notice when Junmyeon made his way onto the porch and tapped the glass in front of your nose. Oops, had you gotten that lost in staring at him?

 

"The view is nice, right?" He teased as he stepped back inside, toting his discarded shirt on his arm; you cringed a little at his tone - he totally knew about your curious eyes and he wasn't going to let you off easy.

 

"S-sure." You could only stutter as he sauntered into the living room and threw his top onto the couch. With a chuckle, he stole the half-warm coffee from your hands and took a generous sip.

 

"So yeah, the lawn is all pretty now." Coolly, he sat on the living room table, still shirtless, swirling around the ice in the coffee cup. You refused to make eye contact with him, your cheeks still rosy.

 

"Should we go make some kids to play on it?" Junmyeon said with the troublemaker grin that was all too familiar to you; still flustered by everything, you couldn't do much else but stick out your tongue at him.

 

Though, he wasn't the only one that ended up shirtless that day.