CH.1

Obsession

 

Walking up the steps to an apartment building, this makes five and poor Rylie is already tired from all this walking, she braced herself for yet another rejection. Apparently she wasn’t dependable looking enough to let into most buildings. She was about to open the door and go in when a slip of paper floated down to the ground. “Must have dropped out of my pocket,” she said picking it up and looking at it. “Maybe I should give that woman, Zoey, a call.” She sighed and decided she’d do it if the man told her no.

The manager of the apartment building took one look at her and said no. “Guess I have no choice.” Rylie pulled out her cell phone once she was back outside on the sidewalk. She dialed the number Zoey scrawled on the paper. There was no answer. Rylie hung up after leaving a message and walked on until she saw a cafe. “Now’s a good time to take a break,” she said heading in.

~~~~~

Zoey walked into her apartment and shut the door behind her; setting her keys down on the side table next to the answering machine. She noticed she had a message. Reaching over she pressed play and switched on the light.

“Hey Zoey, this is Rylie Smithson. We met on the plane? Anyways, you told me you were looking for a roommate. I know it’s been a couple days but I was wondering if you found anyone yet. Give me a call either way. We can get a cup of coffee or something.” Zoey smiled as she listened to Rylie’s phone number. She picked up the phone and called her back.

Rylie had just ordered a cup of soup and a sandwich when her phone rang. “Hello?’ she answered taking a drink of her Diet Coke.

“Rylie? It’s Zoey.”

“Oh. Hey! I didn’t expect you to call back.”

“Why not? Did I look like some rude snob? Of course I’d call back. Where are you at right now?” Rylie told Zoey about the little cafe, “Cool I’ll be right over… its not too far away.” Zoey said hanging up.

About ten minutes later Zoey came striding into the cafe. She saw Rylie and waved. Once seated the waitress came over to take her order. After ordering a sandwich and a Pepsi she turned her full attention to Rylie, “so.”

“So,” Rylie replied with a smile.

“Don’t worry I haven’t found anyone to fill the vacancy. I mean some people stopped by but I have to admit I kept it open in case you called. You’re so much cooler than those losers anyways.” The girls laughed.

“Thanks. You’re a lifesaver.”

“I know!” Zoey winked at Rylie. The waitress brought over their food. As they ate they talked a little bit about their pasts and what they liked and disliked about the world. The typical getting to know each other conversation.

After lunch the two walked back to Zoey’s place, a block down from the cafe. “So this is the place,” Zoey said holding the door to the building open for Rylie. “Hold the elevator.” The girls ran to it just in time before the doors closed. “Thanks. Hey you’re back; how was your trip?” she was talking with the tall, handsome man that held the elevator for them.

“It went well. Who’s your friend?” he asked looking at the woman standing next to Zoey.

“Sorry, my manners have greatly diminished since visiting the states.” She laughed, “This is Rylie Smithson. And hopefully she’s going to be my new roomie. Rye this is Choi Siwon, he lives a floor above me.”

“Pleasure to meet you,” Rylie said staring into his gorgeous eyes. Siwon noticed and smiled at her.

“No, the pleasure’s all mine.” He said shaking her hand a little longer than necessary; which forced her to blush. Zoey giggled snapping Rylie back to reality.

“This is our floor.” She grabbed Rylie’s hand, “come on Rye. I can’t wait to give you the grand tour. See you around Oppa.”

“Hopefully,” he said with a wink as the door swished shut and continued up to the next floor.

“So? What do you think? I mean its small and all but there’s a great view, rents cheap, nice little place to eat at down the street a few blocks, not to mention the hottie upstairs.” Zoey and Rylie were sitting in the apartment living room.

“This place is… for lack of a better word, great! I’m so in. Now I just need a job and I’ll be set.” Rylie said taking a sip of Sprite

“I think the Starbucks on the corner is looking for help.”

“Awesome, I’ll check it out a little later.”

After the girls went out for a drink at Starbucks, picking up an application for Rylie while there, they decided to visit some of the sites. They walked around for a little bit the made their way back to Rylie’s hotel to pick up her belongings and take it back to ‘their’ apartment.

“Hey can you give me a hand? I’m about to drop this.” Rylie asked Zoey as she struggled to carry her bags.

“No problem.” Rylie turned around and dropped everything.

“I’m sorry! I thought you were Zoey.” She said looking over Siwon’s shoulder to see Zoey outside the building talking with someone.

“Yeah, I get that all the time.” He said with a chuckle,” so I guess you’re moving in?”

“Way to put two and two together,” she said playfully.

“It must be fate!” he replied with a wink.

“Maybe,” Rylie smirked and whirled around, carrying the bags Siwon handed her, and hurried off before he could notice her blush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey how’d the first day on the job go?” Zoey asked as Rylie plopped down on the couch beside her.

“Exhausting! My first day I thought they would have started me out with something simple like counting the stock of something weird and boring like that. But nooo! They had me on the front line and man was it busy.”

“Well I’m glad there were no ‘casualties’,” Zoey said laughing.

“Yeah me too. Oh, Siwon stopped by and got his usual, according to the rest of the staff, venti red-eye a double shot of espresso with two creams.”

“Wow. He must go like everyday.”

“Apparently. After all, everyone that works there and their moms know what he always gets. Okay maybe not all of their moms, but most.” Both girls laughed.

 

 

 

A/N: for future reference should it ever say new york instead of seoul please let me know. I'm editing some old stories of mine into kpop stories since a majority of them have never been posted anywhere and I want to breath fresh life into them. same with if it ever says kevin instead of Siwon. -shrugs and moves on with life-