Superficiality

Superficiality

There were no words to describe the sight that she had caught just now.

Tiffany had never felt such inclination to concur to these parties, but she went anyway, to gossip with her friends and have a jolly good time. However, she never talked or even got close to the victors of the well-known and well-loved by the population of the Capitol Hunger Games. She would see them from afar, and, even if they seemed interesting, good looking, or just plain intimidating, she never felt the impulse of wanting to know more than what her eyes could see.

This time was different.

After her badminton game with her suitor Siwon, she had been terribly exhausted, so she had decided to not go to the party, for the first time since she was of age to go. Her friends had other ideas and convinced her otherwise.

Now she was happy and grateful to her friends that she came, for if she had not come, she should have never had the opportunity to meet the most ethereal person she had ever seen.

Porcelain, smooth skin, expressive pools of onyx, sculpted nose, rosy full lips, silk-like hair, all contained in the small body of this year’s victor.

As her friends kept walking, advancing to the two females who were their partners, she could only stand there, staring at the person that silently, but uninterestingly, heard a conversation between some people that she was sure she had seen in television.

It seemed that the girl noticed, and both pairs of eyes collided, making her feel this strange sensation in her stomach and strong tingles of electricity through her back. The girl seemed to scrutinize her by staring back at her, to later divert her gaze to the people she was supposed to be talking to.

She had seen quite a handful of victors in her life, whether it was at Victory Tours, where the winners would just give a monologue and present themselves as maybe new members of the Capitol’s aristocracy (even though every person in the Capitol was considered to be aristocratic), or in the Tours’ parties. She had never been interested enough in any of them to even direct more than a single look, but she had been different.

Her onyx eyes called her, talked to her, and beckoned her to this kind of weird spell were she could only obey.

Before going to her, she asked her name to some worker. Taeyeon Kim. Quite befitting.

She walked to crowd that seemed to envelop Taeyeon. All bowed their heads when they saw her getting close and she smirked internally. Daddy was very useful, and that was one of the reasons she loved him.

She presented herself to the quiet Taeyeon, but the latter just made a minimal head shake and an overly strained and polite smile as if to only acknowledge her presence. Tiffany frowned.

As the time passed and she tried to make a conversation with the dazzling girl, she became frustrated by the one-liner answers. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. She thought, from the moment their eyes met, that her eyes were the exact replica of Taeyeon’s self, soulful, twinkling, but somehow careful for the people around her. She thought that Taeyeon, like everyone else, would succumb to her charm and share what her eyes seemed to convey.

She wasn’t sure if she was just attracted to Taeyeon or she just found her interesting, but she vowed to do one thing. She vowed to make Taeyeon hers. It seemed like a wild and disconnected line of thinking, right? But she felt that even in any of those cases, there was something that made her want to have the everything of the small girl, specially the secrets that her eyes yelled. She wanted to be the only one who had her whole, and she knew how to get it.