My name is Lee Ji Mae

I Will Destroy Exo

Chapter 1: My name is Lee Ji Mae

 

Ahhhh!” I think that this might be one of the worst moments in my short existence! All I can do is scream or just die right here and now. I close my eyes and reopen them only to look right back at the monstrosity display before me in a vanity mirror.

 

What did you do to my hair?” I cried at the beautician who was smiling like she did a good job or something. She cut my hair way way way too short.

 

I thought you'd like it. I got the idea from this.” She held up a magazine to my face and I was practically staring right back at my worst enemies. Exo. I watched as her finger pointed right at the boy who stole my face.

 

 

I asked for a simple trim, you gave me a guy's hair cut!” I stood up out of the chair. Other girls who were in the shop were admiring me. Some of them possibly fans of that stupid boy group. The lady who did my hair kept praising me like I looked good which was only making me feel a million times worst.

 

I am not paying for this.” I cried even harder. She was confused for some reason. Did she seriously think that I would want to look like a boy? I quickly grabbed a hat I had stuffed in my bag and shoved my new hair style underneath. I think she offered to fix it, I wasn't too sure because I practically ran out of there. I just wanted to go home and bury myself under the blankets and never come out again. How can I face my boyfriend like this? Tomorrow is a special day for us.

 

Welcome home.” I heard my auntie say as I rushed passed her and up the stairs to my bedroom. I slammed the door loudly and locked it before throwing myself on the bed.

 

I hate Exo!” I cried into my pillows. I swear it felt like only a minute before I heard a clicking sound coming from my door. I looked up to see that my cousin had picked the lock and was giving me a concern look.

 

Ok, what did they do now?” he had gotten used to my outburst by now and knew that those jerks were the only cause of my suffering. I turned my gaze back to my pillow and didn't respond. There was no way I was letting him see my hair cut.

 

Nothing.” I lied.

 

Then why are you crying?” I watched as his long legs stretched over towards me and he sat right next to me on the bed. “And why were you screaming.” he mimicked my voice poorly. “I hate Exo!”

 

I don't sound like that.” I responded ignoring his question again. Lucky for me he gave up and changed the subject.

 

Dinner is ready. Mom sent me up here to get you.” he smiled. “She made your favorite.”

 

BBQ!” We both said in unison. I swear my angst almost instantly vanished at the mentioned of food. I hopped out of the bed and my cousin had to catch up with me down the stairs. The smell was roaming all through the house and as I got closed to the dining room my mouth could already taste the food. I wasted no time flopping down before the table and reaching over to grab a bite. Unfortunately my aunt stopped me by slapping my hands with her chopsticks.

 

Ji Mae, you are a girl not a wild animal.” She gave me a look of disapproval. I slump back in my chair and pouted. My uncle chuckled at my behavior and my cousin just had to make a comment.

 

I thought she was a wild animal with all the noises she makes and the way she eats all our food.”

 

Kwangsoo!!!” I yelled his name and reached across the table to slap him on the head. He had some nerve to tease me when he himself is a dumb giraffe. Uncle calmed us both down and we were able to resume having a normal dinner together.

 

Ji Mae..aren’t you going to take your hat off in the house?” My heart dropped as my aunt and everyone was staring at me. I looked down at my food. She repeated her question and I struggled to speak.

 

Oh, I didn’t notice I was wearing it. Here let me go to my room and take it off.” I stood up and grabbed my plate and raced to my room. I could hear my aunty yelling from behind me and I couldn’t help but chuckle at my little victory.

 

Somehow I survived the night but I was dreading Monday morning as soon as my alarm went off.

 

I held my breath on the way to school. I found a wig that I had once wore to a Christmas party and decided to hide my monstrous hair underneath it. It was bright, blonde, long, and totally against the rules at school to be wearing on my head but I was hoping I could convince the teachers I had an accident with hair dye. Kwangsoo kept touching my wig as we made our way to the school gate.

 

Would you stop it?” I grabbed his hands and he gave me the same dorky smile as always.

 

What's with the blonde look? Trying to be an idol or something?” he chuckled and kept on pestering me. I finally got him to stop with a little slap on the wrist.

 

None of your business.” I stuck out my tongue and ran inside the building completing forgetting that school was a death trap for me.

 

Kaiiiiiiiiiii!!!” I heard a bunch of girls squeal behind me.

 

My name is Lee Ji Mae not Kai!” I screamed.

 

Kai, what is with the long blonde hair? You look like a girl.” my jaw dropped at a shorter girl who was now clinging onto me absurd question.

 

I am a girl!” I try to push through the crowd of fan girls who look like they might devour me. “Why can't you crazy people see that?”

 

It was like I was speaking another language, my words didn't have any effect on them.

 

I'm starting to get a bit jealous...” A familiar deep voice enter my ears. My one and only boyfriend, Myungsoo had arrive to my rescue with that lovely eye smile of his. I could feel myself both blush from his handsome face and from the lack of oxygen due to being smushed by fangirls. He somehow made it through them and grabbed a hold of my hand. I heard some squeals as he rushed with me down the hall. He and I were the “” couple of the school. I'll never forget the time I stumbled upon some pretty graphic fan fiction written about me and Myungie on Tumblr. I swear if it wasn't for Myungsoo I would have gone completely mad. He is the only one besides my family that treat me like a girl.

 

Did we escape them?” he asked as we caught our breathe behind a trash can.

 

I think so..” I peeked behind the corner. “Thanks for saving me Prince Charming.” I chuckled a bit. Before I could say anything else he pulled a bundle of flowers out of his book bag.

 

Happy Anniversary.” my heart dropped. I can't believe that he actually remembered the first day we met. I stood there for a moment unable to move as tears ran down my cheeks.

 

I'm sorry do you not like them?” he frowned a bit. I chuckled again and took the flowers from him. Sometimes he can be so dumb.

 

I love them, pabo.” I sniff them and enjoyed the sweet smell that entered my nostrils. “I can't believe you remembered.”

 

What kind of boyfriend would I be if I forgot the day I met the love of my life.” he hugged me this time. His lips linger near mine.

 

You would be a jerk. I am lucky to have such a sweet boyfriend..I don't know what I would do without you.”

 

Same here.” he paused a bit and looked me over. “Uhh is this my present?” he pointed to my hair.

 

Uh..no.” I actually wanted to look cute for him today. Everything was suppose to be perfect but that stupid beautician ruined it. “ I just thought I try something new.”

 

Just like Kwangsoo he was touching it which made me panic a bit and with a simple slip it fell right off my head onto the floor.

 

I knew I should have bobby pinned it down. I quickly bent over to try to get it back on but he stopped me.

 

Wait...let me look at your hair.” he now held my face in his hands. I felt the urge to cry but he kissed my cheeks and fixed my hair with his hands.

 

You look so beautiful. I like you best like this.” he said in a low voice. Our eyes locked and for the first time I saw a new look in his eyes. All the anger I felt from yesterday faded away as we our lips collided between the small space between us. I was floating away.

 

 

RIIIINNNNGGG

 

If the bell had not rang I swear we would have kissed all day but sadly we had to separate.

 

Don't frown like that. After school, let's go on a date.”

 

A d-date.” we haven't went on a date in a while with all the projects and homework we've had lately. “S-Sure.” I chuckled again for the millionth time today. Myungie gave me another one of his signature kitty eyed smiles and pecked my cheek.

 

Alright, I'll see you after 8th period.” he winked and dashed off. I myself ran too trying to calm the butterflies that fluttered all about me. I couldn't wait for this day to end.

 

Kai!!!”

 

Oh god...I seriously couldn't wait for this day to end.

 

I made it to my seat and closed my eyes like an idiot. Did I think my chair suddenly made me invisible? The mob of girls circle me and I could tell that my boyfriend was not the only one who loved my hair cut. I opened my eyes to see them taking pics of me on their cellphones.

 

Ji Mae!” Kwangsoo exclaimed. He was in this class with me too. “Omg you look like Kai!” he two joined in taking pictures.

 

Are you serious!” I glared at him.

 

Omg, I can't believe my cousin is Kai.” he squealed.

 

You are so lucky Kwangie.” a girl said to him.

 

My name is not Kai. It's Lee Ji Mae!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I pounded on the desk.

 

Kai, don't yell in the classroom!Any more outburst like that and you'll be sent to the principal office young man!” my teacher shouted at me and I slump back in my seat sulking. Why is it only me? The teacher calming told everyone else to sit down and things were kinda normal after that.

 

After class ended a girl stopped me in the hall holding a letter in her hand.

 

Um...Kai. My name is Sunmi, would you be so kind as to accept this.” she bowed and held it out for me to grab.

 

He has a boyfriend.” another girl pushed her away.

 

Yeah so back off. Kai would never date an ugly girl like you.” a snobby girl took the letter from the girl called Sunmi and ripped it up. She started to tear up and cry.

 

Quit it.” I shouted and pushed past the bullies and tried to comfort Sunmi. “Are you okay?” I picked up some bits of the letter and read it. “I really appreciate that you wrote this for me but I am sorry my heart belongs to another.” I smiled a bit. “ I'm sure any guy would love to date a pretty girl who write such sweet letters like you.”she didn't say anything just stared at me weirdly. I started to feel uncomfortable so I walk away.

 

“”Omg, he is so amazing!” I heard her say as I made it half way down the hall.

That was the tenth letter I received this month. My cousin always got jealous because he received 0. I was thinking about rubbing in his face to get back at him for acting like a fan boy.

 

Young man, why are you wearing a school girl uniform?” My heart froze as I got stopped by the principal of the school. Can't I go to school and have a normal day for once?

Author's Note

Sorry for the late update. I been so busy but I made time to finally update. What do you think? DId this ? I swear I been writing this little by little for a month now. Look forward to chapter 2, things get exciting from there.