;end

Christmas with Donghyuk

Yunhyeong had been pouting on his chair all day. 


He was inside the empty practice room, and nothing could be done better than practicing. But instead, he kept sitting on the movable chair all day. If it wasn't for Jinhwan who came, he might have continue slagging.

"Yunhyeong?" Jinhwan called. He was peeking inside the room, looking for the called man. When he spotted that man at the corner of the room, he entered effortlessly and sat at the floor next to Yunhyeong. Jinhwan kept staring at Yunhyeong, but Yunhyeong showed no interest what so ever. Jinhwan sighed heavily. "Don't you have anything better to do?"

Yunhyeong tiredly shook his head. He really wasn't feeling like doing anything.

"I waited so long, hyung," He finally replied after a while.

"Well, sometimes things don't go as we please."

Yunhyeong scoffed. "But I'm sincerely expecting his agreement."

Jinhwan sighed again. It wasn't the first time he saw Yunhyeong not being Yunhyeong. There was once when Yunhyeong locked himself in his room for a few hours. That time he was just lucky that Jinhwan was the only one who stayed home. No one really saw that side of Yunhyeong. That different side of the lip-balm lover guy who always smiles. Those times were when the smile disappeared completely.

But it was a lie to say that Jinhwan didn't understand him. Not before, not even now. Jinhwan knew how Yunhyeong arranged some stuffs people will never even mind. Then when the time came, boom. He didn't get a 'yes'.

Jinhwan felt rather bad at Yunhyeong.


"You should probably ask him why. Then...,"

Yunhyeong finally turned to jinhwan. "Then?"

But the answer was not what Yunhyeong wanted to hear.

"Then if it's reasonable, let it go."

Yunhyeong immediately dropped his face. He was back in being angry and disappointed. He turned his head back and stared to the open space in front. He was displeased with Jinhwan's answer.

Realizing that, Jinhwan only stood up and patted Yunhyeong's shoulders.

"Don't lose your smile like this, Yunhyeong."

"Just go away, hyung."

Jinhwan smiled at the dongsaeng who just kicked him out. He walked away slowly. When he arrived at the door in front, he turned around for the last time.

"Since I'm going to go away soon," he spoke calmly. "Merry Christmas, Yunhyeong."
 



"So, what do you think?" Yunhyeong said through the phone. He just finished telling a long story to the other man on the line. The other man, however, didn't sound too interested.

"Seriously, hyung," The heavy husky voice replied. "First, why are you asking me? Second, how would I know? And last, don't tell me you -"

"OH, nevermind, Goo Junhoe. I'm utterly sorry for asking and disturbing you. I hope you have an enjoyful Christmas," Yunhyeong sarcastically cut Junhoe's words. and right after that he ended the call.

"Goodbye."


Yunhyeong almost threw his phone to the table or maybe the hot coffee. Though at the end, he decided to push it inside his pocket. 

He went back at pouting. He crossed his arms and sled down his body. He started kicking the table's legs which attracted attention from all around the coffee shop. People was looking at him, but he couldn't care less.

He was obviously annoyed by everything that's happening. Everything just didn't go according to plan.

And when Jiwon suddenly showed up out of nowhere with a coffee in his hand, he knew (or thought) things wouldn't get better.

"Hey," Jiwon called in ease as he pulled out the chair across yunhyeog and sat down. He placed the coffee on the table. "who did you call just now?"

Yunhyeong clicked his tongue out of ordinary. "Goo Junhoe."

Jiwon chuckled instantly. His mouth formed a smile so wide that his eyes seemed closed (though it always seemed like it).

"What's with that sudden call?" Jiwon wondered jokingly. His tone was the mixture of playful and surprised, though it might seem more like a mock.

But Yunhyeong only stood back straight on his seat. "I thought he was close with Donghyuk. So i just wondered if-"

"If you can ask him what present Donghyuk would want for Christmas?" Jiwon cut casually. Yunhyeong was a little surprised by it, but he finally nodded.


Jiwon looked around as if he's actually thinking about that present.



But in fact, he really was.



"Give him flowers,"



Yunhyeong lifted his head up and saw Jiwon pointing at the flower shop across the street. Yunhyeong unconsciously turned to see too.

The flower shop was closed. But you could see the varieties of flower inside through the glass window. There were many beautiful ones, and some would really fit christmas.

For a few seconds, Yunhyeong almost thought he would buy flowers. Yet at the end, he snapped.

"Are you crazy? The snow is falling heavily these days and it's impossible to bring flowers as a present without getting it covered in snow!" Yunhyeong argued. Jiwon only gave it a smile.

"You have to try to make it not covered in snow. Then it'll be a really valuable present for Donghyuk."

Yunhyeong rolled his eyes. This sounded stupid to him.

"Who would want a flower on Christmas? Moreover, Donghyuk's a guy!"

Jiwon laughed when he heard those words. "Yes, yes. I know you like Donghyuk and treasure him a lot. That's why I think it's best to give flowers as a sign of affection."

Yunhyeong was between the line of blushing and frowning. But the more he thought of the first sentence, red spots started to appear on his cheek.

Right after he realized that he was already blushing, he quickly shook his head as if it will take the red spots away. Then he went back at staring Jiwon.

"There's no guarantee he'll like it,"

Jiwon looked at Yunhyeong blankly before stretching his hand out and placed it on the table. He leaned forward to get closer to Yunhyeong.

He whispered really, really softly, "Just try and do it, Yunhyeong. Remember, flowers are sign of affection."

Yunhyeong finally frowned in disgust.

 

"Ew."


 



Yunhyeong actually thought about it again and again. He kept walking around the streets despite of the snow, just to find an open flower shop. But every time he passed one, he would only stare at the flowers inside. 

He doubted Jiwon's words.  "Flowers? He must be crazy," Yet at the same time, Jiwon was the only one who gave a reasonable idea for the present. (At least he's more helpful than Junhoe.) Honestly, Yunhyeong started to doubt his own doubt, "or should I just follow him?" 

 

(Yunhyeong walked another block in the crowded streets full of happiness. He could see smiling children and earnest adults. He easily pictured how their day must've been.

All that reminded him of Jiwon's words.

"Flowers are sign of affection.")



Yunhyeong stopped his steps. He sighed in confusion.

He turned his head around and stared at the only open flower shop in that street. A few seconds passed, he was still staring.

But eventually, he ran towards that shop.

"I trust you, Kimbab," Yunhyeong murmured. "This better be a good idea."
 



Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh! what fun is it to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh


Everyone was congratulating a Merry Christmas. On the streets, on the park, and even inside the buildings.

Chanwoo was just dropping a visit to Yunhyeong in the practice room. He knew Yunhyeong would go on the evening, so he thought maybe they could chill inside and have a talk.

"Yunhyeong hyung?" He called as he opened the door. But he was met with the silence of an empty room.

He looked around in confusion. He slowly entered the room and walked towards Yunhyeong's usual seat. 

The room was unoccupied and soundless. The light was on, but nobody was there. Everything seemed normal and nothing changed. The only unusual thing in that room was the flowers on the table beside Yunhyeong's chair.

Chanwoo noticed that flower.

He approached it and took out his hand to hold the flowers. Before he managed to get a grip on the flowers, a familiar voice interrupted.



"Chanwoo?"

Chanwoo turned to the man who called him. It was none other than Yunhyeong.

"Hyung!" Chanwoo smiled and immediately forgot about the flowers.  He walked towards Yunhyeong who was walking towards him too.

"What are you doing here?" Yunhyeong said in a hurried tone.

"I wondered if we could have some talk together since you're leaving only on the evening." 

"There's a change in plan. I'm leaving now," Yunhyeong replied instantly. After he said it, he ran pass Chanwoo and picked up his coat. He quickly wore it and left Chanwoo standing in confusion.

"You're going home now?" Chanwo questioned. 

Yunhyeong shook his head briefly, "No."

"Then where are you going?" 

Yunhyeong didn't answer because he himself didn't know where he was going. So he ignored that question and walked towards the flowers instead. He lightly picked it up. Chanwoo only got more confused at Yunhyeong's action.

"Those are your flowers? What for?"

"Yes, these are mine," Yunhyeong replied as he caress the flowers. "It's a gift for someone."

"Girlfriend?"

"Hey, I don't have one."

"Then, who?"

Yunhyeong clicked his tongue as he was reminded by the time. "Just forget about this, Chanwoo. And, I'm leaving!"

Yunhyeong ran towards the door and opened it with one finger (his hands were busy holding the flowers). 

Chanwoo stood in silent and confusion. It was the first time witnessing Yunhyeong acting like this.



Suddenly, Yunhyeong turned for the last time.


"I almost forgot," Yunhyeong asked. "Have you seen Donghyuk?"

Chanwoo thought for a while, then snapped his fingers. "Ah! I saw him in the coffee shop near our dorm."

Yunhyeong instantly grew the first smile of the day.

"Really? thanks, Chanwoo! I'll treat you something tomorrow!"

Then he left.

Chanwoo was still confused, but it wasn't long until he smiled as he finally got a grip of the situation.

So that's what the flowers are for.
 




It only took a few minutes by car to arrive at that coffee shop. So when Yunhyeong looked outside, he could still see Donghyuk inside the coffee shop.

Yunhyeong had a huge urge to open the door and greet Donghyuk. But something inside his heart stopped him from doing so. And anyway, he had to answer his phone that was ringing.



"Hello?" He said after he picked it up and placed it next to his ears.

"Yunhyeong hyung?" The caller asked. The moment Yunhyeong heard that voice, he smiled calmly.

"Hanbin," he said back. "What is it?"

"Nothing, I just heard that you're free until the afternoon. So I thought maybe you could come to my house and spend some time with me."

"Well I'm going home on the evening, but -"

"Then come to my house! Hanbyul is here too. At least you'll have some company here."

"That's nice, but -"

"I know you're lonely. Quickly come, my parents are eager to meet you!"

"Send my gratitude to them and Merry Christmas. But Hanbin, I don't think i can -"

"What is it? Are you troubled? If you are, then we can just go together, the 2 of us."

"No, I'm sorry but I can't go. I just -"

Yunhyeong tried to take a breath. He was about to go another round when suddenly he saw the passing man in front of his taxi.



It was Donghyuk.

And donghyuk stretched out his arm, making another taxi stopped. Yunhyeong widened his eyes as Donghyuk entered that taxi.



He panicked.


"HANBIN, I JUST WANT TO HAVE A CHRISTMAS WITH DONGHYUK."

And with that, Yunhyeong closed the phone without listening to Hanbin's reply. He threw the phone to the seat next to him. He leaned forward quickly towards the taxi driver and screamed.

"AHJUSSI, QUICKLY FOLLOW THAT CAR!"

The taxi driver was surprised but managed to do as he was asked. He hit the gas and rushed the car to follow Donghyuk's which was already far in front. 

Yunhyeong couldn't stop shaking his legs in discomfort, he feared that he might miss Donghyuk and his whole plan would be ruined. And he might have to wait another year for the next Christmas. Yunhyeong hated that wait. He thought he had waited enough.

But fortunately for him, the few red lights allowed them to catch up. Now, Yunhyeong was already trailing right behind.

Yunhyeong finally leaned back in ease. He felt like tons of worries were lifted from his shoulders. Now he just have to wait and see where Donghyuk's going.



Oh, yeah.



I wonder where he's going..., girlfriend? Or just a friend? He rejected my invitation for a Christmas together, so I wonder where he's going...

 




Yunhyeong sat silently as he passed the road he swore he knew. He knew he must've went there before, but he couldn't recall where. 

All of that repeated, until they entered a certain road.


That road convinced him enough.


He knew where they were going. He knew their destination.
 

And that built up a guilt inside his heart.


 

But it also built up another feeling of gratefulness. 

 




Donghyuk pulled out a small sofa. He placed it on the spot he felt comfortable with. Then he sat there quietly.

He looked at the picture in front of him. His eyes were focusing on that man in the picture. 



In serenity, Donghyuk smiled.

He picked up the small amount of flowers next to him. Then he held it in his hand whilst staring at the picture.

 

"Merry Christmas, Dad." He said as he reached out his hand in front, as if he's presenting the flowers as a present. "I bought a lot of flowers at first, but they all withered because of the snow... I guess I should've bought it right before I go here. But I thought that many stores are going to be closed since it's Christmas. And turns out, I was right. So these are the only flowers I had. Despite that, I hope you'll still accept it..."

 

Silence occurred. 

 

So Donghyuk sighed. He placed the flower down slowly.

"I miss you, Dad. I really do."
 


Yunhyeong held the flowers tightly. He looked at Donghyuk, who was seemingly praying. That view mixed all his emotions. 

First, he felt guilty for forcing Donghyuk to celebrate Christmas with him numerous times. 

Then, he was saddened staring at the back of Donghyuk whilst he was praying. He looked so weak and vulnerable. He looked like he was about to cry. He looked very different from the usual happy Donghyuk.

Yunhyeong felt all the regret, all the guilt.

But at the end, he felt thankful for the man who suggested him to buy flowers.



Wow, Jiwon. This is actually a really good idea.
 


 


"Donghyuk?"


Donghyuk jumped in surprise when he heard that voice. He knew that voice. He knew it very well. But he knew the voice was not supposed to be here. 

He turned around and faced the man.

 


The man was handing out a large bouquet of flower. The flower had various colors. There were very beautiful ones, and some really fitted Christmas.



"Merry Christmas. Here's a little present for your --, you know, father."

Despite the awkward words and tone, a smile still grew on Donghyuk's face. His eyes also sparkled in disbelief. It was surely not the surprise he expected.

"Yunhyeong-hyung!" Donghyuk approached that man. "H-how did you know I was here? And, how did you manage to buy so many flowers??"



A moment of silence before Yunhyeong smiled in satisfaction.

"I walked around many streets and markets to find the flowers. Then I kept it inside a warm place near the window. When the sun shows up, I open the window. I water them diligently, then I," Yunhyeong stopped for a while. He felt proud for himself when he saw Donghyuk's amazed face. He coughed on purpose and continued. "I brought them here. Anyway, it's a total hardwork to get all these flowers. So be thankful, Donghyuk. Take some of the flowers for yourself and count that as a present from me."

Donghyuk laughed and nodded. He took the flowers, turned back, walked towards his father, and placed it down near his own flowers. He really did take some of the flowers and held it in his own hands, seemingly claiming that those were his.


Whilst seeing him doing that, Yunhyeong was suddenly reminded by Donghyuk's first question. He bit his lips, realizing that he was not supposed to evade it.



"Actually, Donghyuk," Yunhyeong called again. Donghyuk turned his head around. Yunhyeong lifted his hand up and scratched the back of his head. "I followed you here. My taxi trailed right behind yours. I might seem like a stalker or something, but that's not the case!! You know, I'm just, I mean," Yunhyeong sighed. "sorry for that..."

Donghyuk spaced out as he tried to process what he had just heard. He didn't know Yunhyeong was that eager to spend Christmas with him. To the extent that he would follow Donghyuk all the way here.

 

But moreover, he felt slightly bad for declining Yunhyeong's earnest request at the beginning.

 


"I'm the one who was supposed to say sorry," Donghyuk looked down to the ground. "I never even once thought about your feelings. I just easily rejected your invitation... I was actually too shy to tell you that I'm spending half day of Christmas with the ashes of my father."

 

Yunhyeong stared at Donghyuk. He wasn't in the place to understand Donghyuk's feelings, but as a matter of fact, he did understand. He himself thought of Donghyuk as a family (or maybe more than that) and he can't imagine the image of him without Donghyuk.

Donghyuk must've felt so devastated, Yunhyeong thought.

So Yunhyeong approached Donghyuk and sat right next to him. As he did that, Donghyuk lifted up his head and saw Yunhyeong on the eye. Yunhyeong gave a warm smile as a reply.

He took out his hand and hugged Donghyuk's neck.

"Forget about that, Donghyuk. It's okay," He said as he mesmerized the picture of Donghyuk and his father together. "We can just have a little coffee time later, I'll count that as our Christmas party together. For now, I'll leave you to have a personal time with your -, father."

 

Donghyuk was speechless for a second. 

 

But then, a smile appeared on his face. "Okay, hyung. Thank you."

It was the genuine smile Yunhyeong loved the most.

 

"Okay, so I guess...," Yunhyeong said slowly. "I'll leave now?"

 

Donghyuk was either nodding, or just staying still. 

 

Seeing him agreeing, Yunhyeong stood up and walked further away from the sofa. He could feel Donghyuk who's already staring back at his father. Donghyuk was definitely smiling, as Yunhyeong could feel the happiness atmosphere. 

Yunhyeong smiled as well. He was satisfied.

This was all enough. After Donghyuk's personal time with his father, Yunhyeong and him are going to have their own personal time. That was indeed more than enough. It felt the same as having a Christmas party with Donghyuk.

 

 

 

But something struck Yunhyeong's mind.

 

Before Yunhyeong held the door handle, he turned around with a puckered brows.

 

"Donghyuk?" He called like a wondering child.

 

Donghyuk turned, still with a smile. "Yes, hyung?"

 

"Did you tell anyone that you're going here today?"

 

"No?"

 

"Then, did someone accidentally know about it?"

 

Donghyuk took some time to think.

 

A moment later, he snapped his finger and opened his mouth widely.

 

"Ah! I almost forgot," Donghyuk said in realization. "Bobby-hyung found out about me buying the flowers and forced me to tell him who I'm going to give those to."

 

Yunhyeong couldn't believe his ears.

 

 

You're really something, Jiwon.

 

 

Yunhyeong felt like laughing. He chuckled a bit and threw a wide smile. Donghyuk stared in curiosity because of that unexpected reaction.

"What is it, hyung? Did Bobby hyung say anything to you?"

 

Yunhyeong shook his head.

 

"No, nothing."

 

And he smiled again.

 

 

I can't believe I'm saying this, 
but thank you very much, Jiwon.

 

 


The End


 

okay I know this a lot. 

You guys can imagine by yourself what they're doing in their short coffee time together.

wait I actually felt weird putting 'Jiwon' and 'Bobby' and 'Kimbab' together but oh well.

Please do comment what you thought of this one-shot...... I will be really grateful if you do so ^^

(AND YEAH I MANAGED TO SHOW ALL MEMBERS OF iKON IN THIS STORY even if some only gets a few lines e.g. junhoe and hanbin lol)

oh, I know this story is not fluff at all

so,

 

I'm sorry lol