Final

Prank

Wendy stopped her track in front of a familiar door.

The girl prayed silently in her heart that nothing would happen if she opened the door. She closed her eyes for a second before opening the door slowly.

BAM!

“What the heck?!” Wendy shrieked when she felt something blown into her face, she tried to open her eyes, but she couldn’t.

She could hear the whole class laughed at her, for the 100th times since the first time she stepped in this troublesome class.

She rubbed her eyes and looked at her hand, “glitter?”

“Do you want me to wipe off that glitter from your face? Though it will be a long process” Wendy looked up to the person she hated so much from day one. She was showing that annoying grin again, and that look she had when she succeeded on pranking her… she was speechless.

The students in the class were still laughing.

Wendy gritted her teeth, she stomped her feet and ran out the class to the nearby toilet.

“That girl! Why the heck should I become her victim?!” Wendy mumbled to herself as she washed her face.

Wendy was a transferred student from Canada, she attended the famous school in Seoul a few months back. At first, Wendy was glad because she made a lot of new friends here and there. However, all of her sweet memories changed when she got the offer to skip a year.

Wendy didn’t even think twice about it and accepted it just like that.

She was told by all her friends that the 3rd year is the worst year ever. Why you ask? Because they said, there was a famous girl called Bae Joohyun aka Irene. She was famous for her ability of pranking others, and of course her look.

At first Wendy didn’t think much about it, even though she had heard quite a lot of gossips about this particular girl. She wouldn’t think that just one troublesome girl would bother her. Oh how wrong she was.

It started when she took a step in the class, she was greeted by a bucket of water, splashing her whole body from her head to toe.

She could still remember vividly how the class started laughing at her.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to prank you, but since you’re the one who stepped in the class first, then you’re going to get a lot more pranks from now on”

That’s when she started to hate Irene, the girl who was pranking her from then until now.

Wendy groaned in annoyance at the glitter that wouldn’t come off easily. Why should she use a glitter? And a blue one on top of that?!

“Having a hard time?” Wendy looked at the mirror and found that girl, again. She rolled her eyes before continuing cleaning her face.

Irene was grinning, and Wendy hated the fact that the older girl could easily just prank her. It was unfair, so unfair.

“Want some help?” The younger girl heard Irene taking a step closer to her.

“Go away” She hissed, glaring at Irene briefly from the mirror.

“Take it easy girl~” Irene chuckled, “you should thank me because now you’re famous within the third grader” She shrugged.

Wendy gritted her teeth, “I said go away”

“Okay okay” Irene put her hands up, before showing her signature grin yet again. “You’re so fun to tease” she said before walking out the toilet.

Wendy muffled a scream of annoyance.

“What did she do again?” Seulgi asked, laughing with full of sandwich.

Wendy stared at her friend disgustingly, “I can’t believe you’re a girl, how gross”

Seulgi ignored the statement, she swallowed all the food in , “You’re being pranked again, and now with blue glitter? Blue?” She laughed again.

“Shut up!” Wendy groaned, she regretted telling this to the annoying girl in front of her.

“How did she know you hate blue? Did she do some research?” Seulgi chuckled, “man, you two are my favorite couple in this school” she said as she wiped off her imaginary tears.

“Couple?! What the heck Kang Seulgi!” Wendy ruffled her hair.

“You two are so cute together you know? I know that Irene did that because she likes your attention” Seulgi grinned at the sight of a flustered Wendy in front of her.

“What kind of bull are you trying to say?” Wendy rolled her eyes though she could feel her cheeks burning up, what the heck? Am I blushing right now?

She stood up from her seat, “I’m going to class”

“Oh? So eager to meet your bae?” Seulgi laughed when Wendy sent her a deadly glare before she walked out the canteen sulkily.

“Hey Wendy” She stopped walking when she saw Irene blocking her way. She sighed, “now what?”

“How are you and your little friend there? Seems like you left her alone, such a poor friend” Irene said, again with that lopsided grin.

“None of your business” Wendy said, trying to get away but Irene followed her step.

Wendy looked up in annoyance and she was a little bit taken a back when she noticed there was no one behind Irene. Usually, the older girl got her inappropriate friends behind her, but now she was alone.

“Where are you going?” Wendy snapped out of her thoughts and glared at Irene, “just get out of my way, I’m going to class” She hissed.

“We’re in the same class right? Let’s just go together”

Wendy scoffed, “and embarrassing me in front of everyone?”

“Hey, it’s not my fault that you got embarrassed, I was just having some fun in my life” Irene said innocently.

Wendy rolled her eyes, “why don’t you go with the friends of yours? Being left out from the drug party?”

Irene raised her eyebrows and then laughed. “Do you think I’m the type of person that does drug?”

“Seems like one” Wendy said, embarrassed by her own statement.

Irene laughed again, “Yes, they are a bunch of inappropriate freaks that like to party and have drugs, but I’m not one of them”

“They just followed me all the time and begged me to join them, but I’m not interested at all.” Irene then grinned, “You’ve got the wrong idea of me, young lady. I’m not a helpless teenager” she said before leaving Wendy alone in the hallway.

Wendy felt her cheeks turning red from embarrassment, again. She was glad no one heard their conversation.

“Sorry I can’t go with you” Seulgi smiled apologetically.

“It’s okay, not a big problem anyway”

“Be careful on your way back!” The bear said before running away to the car that was waiting for her.

Wendy sighed when she was finally alone. She actually didn’t like loneliness, because she was a pretty outgoing person, being lonely was one thing that she hated.

She walked out the gate only to be greeted by a sight of Irene.

“Hey! Going home?” She asked, grinning.

“None of your business” Wendy rolled her eyes before walking pass her.

“Hey no need to be so rude” Irene chuckled, “Why you gotta be so rude~ Don’t you know I’m human too~

Wendy held back a laugh at the girl’s broken English, “fix your English first before you sing an English song” she said, walking ahead of the older girl.

Irene trailed behind Wendy, “why? My English is good enough” she shrugged though Wendy couldn’t see it.

“Why are you following me?” The younger girl asked coldly, glancing back at Irene for a second before staring ahead the street.

“No reason”

“You must be thinking of a way to prank me again”

“Hey! I’ve got a lot of things in my life, I don’t always prank people”

“But you always prank me, so…”

“It’s getting dark and you’re alone” Irene said, her voice was filled with concern.

Wendy was actually blushing and she thanked God Irene was not walking beside her. Gosh, why would she blush anyway?

“Don’t act like you care, just go away” Wendy said.

 “Well, if you say so, but haven’t you heard about the killer that’s still wandering around this street?”

Wendy frowned, a killer?

“You don’t know?! Don’t tell me you’re walking back home together with your best friend without knowing any of this” Irene said catching Wendy’s steps and walked beside her.

“Let me tell you, it’s pretty popular around here.  There was a girl walking alone in this street but she never came back home. When they searched for her, she was found dead in one of these dark alleys, with a knife on her heart. That’s why people usually didn’t walk alone here, but if you insisted, then…”

Wendy gulped imagining the scene in her head, she was really scared of this kind of thing, and she hated Irene for telling her this story now.

Irene then stopped, throwing a concern look to Wendy who stopped too, “are you sure you’re okay?”

Wendy her dry lips, it’s a prank, a prank, she said that to scare you. “I’m okay alone” she said before leaving Irene there.

After a while, she glanced back and Irene was nowhere to be found. Wendy gulped, now feeling nervous that she was alone. She looked around her frantically, afraid that someone would pop out of the dark alleys and attack her. Her heart was beating so fast in fear.

Suddenly she felt someone grabbed her shoulder from behind. Her body tensed, OhmyGodwhatshouldIdowhatshouldIdo?!!!

She turned around immediately and got into a fighting position with her eyes closed tight, “I MAY BE A GIRL BUT I’M STRONG ENOUGH TO KNOCK YOU OUT!! JUST GO AWAY BEFORE I BEAT THE HECK OUT OF YOU!!!”

Awkward silence………………

“Ummm…”

Sensing the odd situation, Wendy opened her eyes slowly and greeted by a young man, holding a wallet in his hand.

“Well… I just wanted to give you back your wallet” he said, scratching the back of his neck.

Awkward silence………………

Wendy widened her eyes before bowing multiple times, “oh God, I’m so sorry!! I was just.. uh.. I’m so sorry!!” she said, her face was red from embarrassment.

“It’s okay” he said having that ‘what the actual is she thinking about’ face.

Wendy took her wallet and bowed to him and mumbled an apology once again before he left. She cupped her red cheeks, letting out a small scream. “So embarrassing!!!” While stomping her feet multiple times.

“That’s why I told you to have someone to walk with” Suddenly Irene came out of the dark alley with that signature grin she had whenever she succeeded on pranking the younger girl.

Wendy stopped her action and glared at her coldly.

“Hey what? I was just telling you some random stories, it’s not my fault that you believe my story and act like that?” Irene said, chuckling.

“” Wendy said before leaving the older girl behind with a pout.

“Hey hey! I’m not an , and to be honest, you’re so cute when you’re flustered. I was laughing so hard when that guy stared at you like you were the weirdest thing he had ever seen” Irene said following Wendy’s fast steps while laughing once in a while.

“Shut up!” Wendy said, her cheeks were turning red once again.

“Now now, don’t be mad, I bought you a drink” Irene grinned when Wendy looked to her direction curiously, though she tried to act like she didn’t care.

She fastened her pace and walked beside her, “Here, hot chocolate since it’s cold” she said giving Wendy the drink.

Wendy glanced at the drink, contemplating to accept it or not. It’s a battle between pride and thirst from all the embarrassment actually.

Irene who sensed this showed her lopsided grin again, “just take it! See it as my way to apologize for humiliating you in front of a stranger. He would probably tell it to his friends about you and I feel bad” she chuckled.

Wendy turned red once again before taking the drink unwillingly –she was actually so glad, but she acted like she wasn’t– “don’t bring it up!” she said sipping the drink and sighed in content when she tasted the warm bittersweet taste of her favorite drink.

“I promise I won’t” Irene laughed, ruffling the girl’s hair, “such a cutie”

Wendy’s cheeks turned red for the nth times of the day, Irene was actually not as bad as she thought she was.

….

The next day Wendy went to the school, she actually didn’t feel as bad as when she came to the school yesterday. She was kind of looking forward for today.

But when she entered the class room, the students didn’t laugh at her. Okay, that’s a first, Wendy thought, looking around the class, nothing seemed weird, except the fact that Irene was nowhere to be found.

“Looking for Irene?” The student in the front row asked with a teasing smile on her face.

“W-why should I?” Wendy answered, a little bit flustered before walking to her seat.

“It’s pretty rare for Irene to skip school, she once did because she was sick, but aside from that, she is a diligent student. Ah, it’s a shame we can’t get our morning laugh as always” The girl sitting beside her chuckled.

Wendy ignored the statement with a pout, well, Irene didn’t leave her mind even for a second.

After school, Wendy wasn’t feeling right. Something was missing, and she didn’t know what it is, heck she didn’t even know why she was disappointed when Irene didn’t come to school.

So, leaving Seulgi behind, she took a stroll around the park near her house. That’s when she saw something she wished she didn’t see.

Irene was there, wrapping her arm around a boy’s arm, walking while chatting happily.

“Right, of course she has a boyfriend, why am I disappointed anyway? It’s not like I’m her girlfriend. I don’t even like her! Gosh…” Wendy chuckled bitterly. She gulped feeling weirdly suffocated seeing the scene.

“Wendy! You left me!” Seulgi shouted, loud enough for the couple in front of her to hear.

“Ssshh!! let’s just go” she said, turning around and walked away, her arms around Seulgi.

“What? Why?” The bear asked curiously, trying to look behind but Wendy’s arms prevented her to do it. “Let’s just go home, I’ll treat you ice cream”

“Really?! Okay!”

Wendy yawned, walking in the class. No prank for today too, and Wendy was glad that Irene didn’t prank her.

“Wendy” But as soon as she entered the class, Irene was there, waiting for her.

Wendy raised her eyebrows and then smiled, “no prank today?” she asked, acting normal. The image of Irene clinging onto that guy flashed through her head and she got the same suffocated feeling in her chest.

Irene frowned, “well, that’s pretty new of you to not glare at me right in the morning”

The younger girl shrugged before walking away to her seat, deciding to just ignore Irene. But before she could, Irene grabbed her wrist and dragged her outside the class room to the quiet hallway.

“Hey what are you doing?!” Wendy frowned when she was being trapped between Irene and the wall behind her, with the older girl’s hands on the wall.

“Don’t ignore me” She said staring right into Wendy’s eyes, making the girl nervous under that fierce stare Irene was giving her. “You were there yesterday in the park, weren’t you?”

Wendy gulped, “I-I don’t know what are you talking about”, she never saw a serious Irene before, and it was scary, but hot at the same time. *facepalm* seriously?

Irene then smirked, “you’re jealous aren’t you?”

“Jealous? Why would I be jealous of you? Hah!” Wendy said, a little bit too fast and a little bit too loud.

Irene chuckled, “really?” She smirked, leaning closer to her until it was just a few inches apart. “Liar” she whispered.

Wendy swore her face was red all over. Her eyes fell on Irene’s pink plump lips and the thought of kissing those delicious-looking lips passed her mind.

Irene of course noticed it, Wendy was never good at hiding what she wanted. She her lips, teasing the younger girl, “tell me” she whispered.

Wendy shivered when Irene’s hot breath touched her lips. Her eyes travelled up meeting Irene’s eyes for a brief second before it went back to Irene’s lips that were smirking.

Screw it! Wendy thought before she wrapped her arms around Irene’s neck and crashed their lips together.

Irene smiled at the kiss before deepening it. Well? I have to thank my brother later ^^

“Why did you do it though?” Seulgi asked, frowning at Irene who said she wanted to talk about something, and it turned out all of it was about Wendy. “You want her attention right?”

Irene chuckled, “yes I do”

Seulgi raised her eyebrows, “I don’t know what are you planning on, but you seem like a good girl”

“I have my reason, please help me thinking of a prank to get her attention. Please??” Irene pleaded.

Seulgi chuckled, “Of course! By the way, she hates the color blue”

 

“Seriously though Irene, why would you waste your time pranking on that new girl? You even got up early in the morning to make sure you came here first” The girl on the front row asked, and soon all the students were quiet, they were curious too.

Irene grinned, “Probably some of you see this as an act of humiliation, or bullying, but it is not. Because to be honest, I’m in love with her” She smiled. The class gasped at the confession, some of them squealed because Irene was brave enough to announce it to the whole class.

“Way before she attended this class, I noticed her, but she didn’t even know me. I thought I should just stop this feeling before it gets bigger. But then I got the news that she skips grade to our class. I was so happy, but I realized even if she joined us in this class, she wouldn’t notice me, and even if I appeared goofy and confident, I’m actually scared to talk to her, so using my ability, I pranked her on her first day, it wasn’t a coincidence, I planned it for days.” Now the students were quiet, listening to the story.

“Guess what? I got her attention and she noticed me, I don’t care if she hated me, as long as she keeps on noticing me. I know I’m such a kid wanting her attention, but I just don’t care, love does thing to you, that’s why I do this every single day”

“Why don’t you confess to her instead of this? If I was her, I would be so annoyed by you” One of the students sitting in the back row said, earning nods of agreement from most of the students.

“I can’t” Irene smiled, “like I said, I’m too scared to do it. Every time she went near me, my heart beats so fast that it’s going to explode, my palms are sweaty, the butterflies in the pit of my stomach dance, and my throat becomes dry, I’m nervous as heck even though I covered it so well. I don’t know when I’m going to confess to her, but one day I promise I will, and even though you guys can’t see it right now, I’m taking care of her, I planned on a prank that would never hurt her. So guys, please don’t make fun of her, because I did all of these to get her attention, to get the nerves to say I love her, not to make her suffer, help me and keep it a secret okay?” She grinned and the whole class was in awe, seeing this side of Irene for the first time.