The Second Day

When She Cries

It had been two days.

Two days since Hyemin's outburst at her father. After that day, he had no made any effort to contact her or Youngmin, for that matter. She didn't show it, but deep down she was worried that her father might do something rash, something that might hurt Youngmin. He was too young to be exposed to this whole mess, and Hyemin had tried to keep it that way. She silently hoped she was ready for the lash back that she was bound to receive sooner or later, though she surmised she wouldn't be drastically affected. He had hurt her more than enough. She shook her head, erasing the unnecessary thoughts that crowded in her head, and gave herself another once-over before heading out of her room. 

Ripped jeans. Check. 

Crop top. Check. 

Bangles. Check. 

Grabbing her tote bag from her bedside table, she headed down the stairs, pushing her messy hair into a cap and said her goodbyes to Youngmin and her mother, before disappearing out the door into the warm afternoon sun. Shielding her eyes from the sudden glare, she spotted the girl leaning against the gate and smiled to herself. Upon hearing the sound of her footsteps, the girl turned around, grumbling. "Took you long enough, Min." The girl scrutinised Hyemin, before casually remarking. "And you look like . Just saying." Hyemin sighed, before she started walking down the street, the girl in tow. "And you're still as sweet and sparkly as usual, Chaeri." Hyemin retorted. Chaeri smirked, catching up to Hyemin, and linked an arm around her arm. "But, seriously Min - 

Her sentence was cut off as an arm came down over her shoulder, and a handsome young male came into view. Hyemin smiled upon seeing him, offering a simple two salute. "Hey Daehyun." Chaeri just grimaced, shoving his arm away, muttering under her breath. "Great big oaf." The male in question, merely grinned, walking alongside both of them. "What's the deal with the long face, Min? And polite as usual, Chae." He ambled alongside them comfortably, his warm brown hair catching the sunlight, his worry hidden behind an easy-going facade. His mother was close friends with Hyemin's mother, and he had overheard that her parents had another confrontation, just this time, Hyemin had been involved. Hyemin pouted slightly, and sighed. "Just some trouble with the parentals. Same old, same old." She knew that they were nearing their school, and several of their schoolmates were already seen walking along the street. Chaeri had also noticed the ever growing crowd of students, and eyed them knowingly. Nudging Hyemin, she turned towards Daehyun, "We'll go to that fro-yo place after extra classes, kay? Daehyun can treat!" Daehyun laughed, both hands up in defense. "Yes, yes ma'am. I'll treat. Now, I have to go." He walked towards the East campus, throwing his hand back in a wave, while Hyemin and Chaeri headed towards the North building, going towards their respective classes.

__

Extra classes were such a bore.

Hyemin tapped her pen on the table, listening to the teacher drone on and on about some trigonometric formulae that she had learned in another class last semester. Even though she had willingly signed up for these revision classes, she was starting to think that she shouldn't have attended them in the first place. They were boring and repetitive. She would have rather stayed at home to do her own revision than come to school and listen to this. She glanced to her side, looking over at to find the student beside her inside his own little world, paying little heed to whatever the teacher was saying. She frowned a little, remembering that she hadn't seen him before. 

Unknowingly she had started to scrutinse him, the way his dark hair was parted to the side, his eyes were staring into space, and how he was bobbing his head from side to side to an imaginary beat. Suddenly, his eyes met hers, and she blushed involuntarily, head ducking down out of shyness. She looked back up again, and noticed a folded piece of paper at the edge of the table. 

Unfolding it, she read the words. I know I'm more interesting than this lesson. ;) 

She glanced back up and the boy looked at her, before giving her a little smile and wave. She smiled back, before replying. You wish. I just haven't seen you before? 

Transfer student. I'm here to catch up on the syllabus.

Ah... No wonder I didn't recognise you.

Why? A handsome face like mine is hard to miss, right?

Very full of yourself aren't you, Mr ..?

The bell rang all of a sudden, causing Hyemin to look up at the clock in surprise. Wow, time had flown by fast. She quickly packed up her things, stuffing them into her bag haphazardly. "Sorry, but I really have to rush off now. Maybe we can meet up soon?" She turned to face the boy, only to meet thin air and an empty table. He had disappeared too. And I didn't even get to know his name. Hyemin sighed. 

_

"Where's Daehyun?" Hyemin asked when she had caught her breath, after running from her classroom all the way to the front gate. Chaeri shrugged, her eyes glued to her phone. "He's late. His class was supposed to end 15 minutes ago." As if on cue, Daehyun appeared beside them, hands placed on his knees, short pants coming from his mouth. "So..sorry. Had to meet... an.. an old friend." Chaeri pocketed her phone, slinging an arm around Daehyun. "Well you're here now. Frozen yoghurt here we go!" They started off down the street, Hyemin in tow behind them, and in that moment, everything was carefree.

 

Author's Note: So so sorry guys! I know I was supposed to upload this earlier, but a lot of happened with my family. Involving me, my mom, and cutting off visitation rights. Honestly, I still don't know what to do and my dad wants me to decide by next week. I mean I love both of them. And.. anyway.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's more light hearted. :) Thanks for supporting me! ( also updates might not be frequent because school... ) and I think I have a font problem, but I can't fix it since I'm on my phone writing this..

And the beautiful poster on the front page is thanks to underagesyam, so thanks again!

xoxo, Jan