A jinx in time

A Jinx in Time [ONESHOT]
"A Jinx
in Time
Story by: RienRien
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Slight fantasy, angst, romance
Story type: Oneshot
Characters: Kim Jong In, Do Kyung Soo, Seo Young Ho(Jeno), Hwang Tae Yong
Quote: "The clock ticks, but his time repeats."

 

Jongin opened the window pane, extending his arms and looking through the street he has always looked on. A lot of things has changed. The jongin who once had an affair with numerous girls; The Jongin who was once a host of one of the popular bars, transformed into someone who just stays at his apartment and barely hangs out.


 

But it's not like it was his desire.


 

He held the bottom part of the window frame and looked down the apartment gate. Someone is going to occupy the room beside his unit, as what he has heard from the others. No, it's not like he cares or is excited about having a room mate. It's just that he wanted to see if it's a babe or not.


 

"Why do I even have to live when I can't kiss girls anymore?" He clicked his mouth and came back to his bed, throwing his body on it and stared blankly on his ceiling. Baekhyun, one of those he has fooled who's actually a witch, has cursed him that everytime he does a ual skinship with someone like torrid kissing and whatnots, the time will go back to where it has began: from the time he met that person. Someone might think it's much better and enjoyable. And at first, when Baekhyun said those, he just laughed at it. But when it actually happened, Jongin swore it got tiring that eversince then, he has lost his willingness to live and felt exhausted. What's worst, is that he usually can't escape from the scene and everything just repeats. And it felt worst as the days goes by.


 

Since then, he never went to bars and fished for girls. All he did was stay at his nearly empty room, sleep and eat.


 

And it has been one week, that everything just, feels dead for him.


 

"I heard he's already here." Someone shouted from the outside, with a kind of joyous tone. Jongin sat up from his bed and stared at the door, then decided to fix himself afterwards and went out his room.

"Oh! Yo Jongin!" Taeyong, a friend of him from a nearby unit from his room greeted. "What's with that plain look?"

"Uhh. Is my roommate a babe?" Jongin looked seriously at Taeyong which totally made him cackle and punch Jeno, a friend of them too, in the name of mannerism.

"Stop puling off that I'm-hungry-for-a-babe-look!" Taeyong continued with his boisterous laugh that it made Jongin a bit furious. "Don't you know your room mate is a guy? Seriously."

"What? Boring." Jongin mechanically went back inside, but then stepped back and faced the two. "Do you have time?"

"Don't tell us... you're going to the bar again?" Jeno raised a brow on him. "Have you forgotten you were cursed?"

"It's getting hella' arid here. I need to breath." He puckered his lips a bit. "Besides, I won't be flirting. I just want to drink, smoke and err... dance."

"Dance? You can hook everyone's heart there just by doing that. And what are you saying you're not gonna flirt? To be honest, I don't know if you have an obsession with romance. But dude, admit it or not, you can't live without flings." Taeyong contradicted.

"Man." Jongin scratched his head with annoyance. "It has been years since I have done what you have told me!"

"Feels like a year. But it has been a week only." Jeno mocked. "Jongin, just accept the fact that you have to be single for a lifetime. Stop being a b*tch. Let's just play, computer games! Or you can chat with girls online!" Jeno looked at Taeyong, in which the other grinned at him. Jongin stared at them straight-faced and sighed.

"That's the last thing I'll do." He ran back to his room and picked up paper bills, then came out as he locked the door. "I'll buy food."

"Wait, aren't you going to find a job? You know... you can't be a host anymore." Taeyong asked.

"What for? I'll just wait for my money to run out so I can't buy food anymore. And die eventually." He smirked and went downstairs.

"He's getting depressed. Isn't he?" Taeyong sadly uttered.

"He is. Poor guy. I wonder how we can help him... maybe we should just leave him alone and wait for him to call us? That's what he has always wanted right?" Jeno responded, they both hauled an exhale, then went to their own rooms together.


 

 

Jongin, with the unusual pokerface expression, came down the stairs. Holding the knob, he opened the door that a small opening was made, yet all of a sudden, it was pushed open, and someone carrying tons of bags fell to him, and his , in the most unfortunate manner, landed on Jongin's manhood.


 

"A-ah I'm sorry!" The stranger hysterically jerked up with a reddish face and bowed at him multiple times. "I-I was leaning on the door, waiting for the landlord when you opened the door so... I-I outbalanced and fell..." He added, looking down.

"Aish. What's wrong with life." Jongin stood up and brushed the dust off his pants. He was about to walk away, and has actually walked past him, but he stopped and threw a question. "Are you my roommate?"

"Eh? Uhm... I rented unit 106... I don't know if that's...beside your room..." He shyly said.

"I've rented room 105 so obviously." Jongin pressed his lips into a firm line and chuckled. "So, you're the new guy huh. Can't believe I have an owl as a roommate."

"W-what?" The stranger whirled around with a confused brain. Jongin turned too and gave him a mean look.

"Make me sleep later okay Mr. Owl? It doesn't mean that because you're nocturnal, you have to make noise to keep the silent night alive. I want to atleast sleep, despite of this ponderous life." He sauntered away. The stranger was dumbfounded as he carefully thought about what he meant and as he realized Jongin was referring to his eyes, he ran outside and yelled.

"I have a name! I'm Do Kyung Soo! Don't call me Mr. Owl!"


 

Jongin heard what he had said, but he just smiled a little and continued taking his steps away.


 


 

Lying on the soft cushion of his bed, Jongin picked his phone up and plugged his headphone in it, playing the club songs he has downloaded for quite a long time. Same routine he had done for weeks that he's starting to feel sick of it.


 

He was enjoying the beats and electro music mix flowing through his ears, when together with the sound he's hearing, a voice had blended with it. A singing voice he had heard for the first time yet rapidly captivated him. He removed one ear piece, and listened to the voice coming from the next room.


 

It's definitely him, singing an unfamiliar RNB song.

"I told him to let me sleep..." Jongin pursed his lips. "Anyway, his voice is really...great. But ugh." He stood up, went out, then knocked his neighbor's door. Kyungsoo, on the other side, rushed to the door and unlocked it that it revealed the grumpy Jongin with his messy hair.

"Uhm, may I help you?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Good question. I hope you can keep your voice low. Atleast whisper like, if you want to sing." Jongin mocked with a smile.

"S-sorry!" Kyungsoo uttered as his face blushed of shame then looked down. "I thought the walls were chunky enough and that you can't hear my voice... I'll just stop singing—"

"No. It's fine cause you have a good voice but, don't sing in the night... or maybe sing for me privately sometimes so you won't disturb the others. I love music, you know? And MP3 songs get tedious at times." He smirked and walked back to his room. Kyungsoo then, was left flabbergasted and confused, as he stood on the doorstep, wondering about the mysterious attitude Jongin has.


 

 

Sun rays refracted against the window pane of Jongin's room, making the bright blue paint on the walls even brighter, which is contrary to Jongin's mood today. With quite a lot of choleric expression painted on his face, he searched for his wallet which is in his closet and found out that the money he had earned last week is almost running out. He fell in a bit of despair, but afterall, this is what he wanted; but not so quite.


 

Jongin sat on the edge of his bed as he blankly stared at everything in his room, like he have the worst , incurable disease in the universe. But then, a loud blag sound resonated from the next room that he was almost shocked to death and the moment of hopelessness for the fact that he'll die of hunger was blown away abruptly.


 

"Why does he always have to interfere with my moments for myself?!" He rose up and went knocking on Kyungsoo's door.

"Coming!" The other responded from the other side of the door. Jongin waited outside, hearing multiple sound of things falling and crashing until the door unlocked and the Kyungsoo who is wrapped with a floral blanket, and the mess inside his room was displayed.

"You know what mr. Owl?" Jongin raised a brow on him. "You always ruin my moments of meditation. Since you came, I never had time to think things out." He added, with a bit of anger in his tone that Kyungsoo was scared.

"I'm...sorry. I'm already late for work so I was in a hurry, but... you see..." Kyungsoo turned around, looking at the fuss. "My whole life is a fail."

"Good thing you know!" Jongin jeered. But just as he was about to walk away, his stomach let out a loud growl that he was knocked down to shame.

"T-that was!" Jongin stuttered while his face flushed red. "That was just!"

"You haven't eaten yet?" Kyungsoo questioned compassionately, but with a tint of taunt.

"I... I ran out of money." Jongin whirled around. "But that's nothing! Don't mind—"


 

And once again, the beast in his stomach grumbled and this time, Kyungsoo was unable to stop himself from laughing quietly that it added a pinch of embarassment in him.


 

"Hey! What are you laughing at?!" Jongin voiced out madly in an interrogative manner.

"I baked cookies for today. Do you want to eat some?" Kyungsoo offered, as he looked through Jongin's eyes.

Hesistant but inclined at the same time, Jongin heaved a sigh of defeat, eating his pride down. "Is it... alright?"

"Of course. It's better to eat with someone, right?" Kyungsoo grinned, removed the blanket wrapping him up and went inside, giving him hand signs to enter. With light steps, Jongin closed the door and walked, towards the small kitchen in his neighbor's room and held the chair with doubt.

"Sit down." Kyungsoo warmly invited. Jongin then modestly took a sit and act as reserved as he can. In fact it was the one of those few times, he has acted so polite in front of someone.

"I, I thought you're going to work?" Jongin queried.

"Supposedly... But maybe I'll just tell my boss that I'm sick. I'm an hour late already anyway." He responded and then placed two cups of coffee down the coffee table. "How about you? Don't you have work? Why have your money ran out?"

"None of your business— I-I mean I can't work anymore." Jongin drank his coffee. "And I think it's better that way. I think it's better to die from hunger. Atleast I died with a valid reason."

"What's the point? That can still be considered suicide. And if you really wanted to die already, you won't eat with me."

"Uh." Jongin bit his lips, for he just hit the bulls eye and he hates it. "What do you even know? You're just a fool who only knows how to do things wrongly." Jongin insulted, yet Kyungsoo just tittered and pointed on the cookies on Jongin's plate. "Eat that all up."

"Tch." Jongin handpicked one and carefully examined every bit of it, like he don't want to give it a try, but slowly stuffed 1/4 of it in his mouth, munching it throughly that it melt in his tongue, and the sweetness penetrated and he was awed with it's taste.

"Woah... You made this?" Jongin asked with amazement. Kyungsoo smiled, holding a cookie with his right hand.

"I work as a chef in a restaurant near from here. And the reason why I rented this unit was because, I was always 2 hours late, and I'm about to lose my job." He said. "But it's, really not a problem because I'll be able to find a job again. Misfortunes... aren't the end of our life."

"They are." Jongin fought back. "Especially if they terminate your happiness."

"Maybe... you just... haven't found the meaning of true happiness in your life." Kyungsoo defended as he bowed down, quite afraid of how the guy next door may react. Jongin on the other hand, yanked up, pushing his chair backwards.


 

"I'm done. Thank you for the food." He kind of hollered and immediately walked out leaving Kyungsoo and the mess in his room alone together. Kyungsoo wasn't able to do a thing, but to follow the path Jongin took and haul a sigh.


 

 

Kyungsoo buttoned his uniform, smiling in front of the mirror. He's going to work again. He's going to cook for people once again. And he just can't suppress himself from the feeling of joy and enthusiam of seeing the customers' smile as they eat what he had cooked. He is certain, that out of all things, singing and cooking are fields he won't fail at.

And the thought of those things, is the only matter that ease his casually anxious and shamed heart.


 

"Yosh!" He picked his bag up and unlocked the door. He has almost left, when he saw Jongin's lightless room and randomly remembered him.

"I wonder how he is doing? He had not scolded me this morning like he has always done. Though... I really did not make any noise." Kyungsoo said to himself and pouted halfway. And because of the unknown urge in his heart, he knocked on Jongin's door, yet completely nervous of what he might say. He waited for a while, until Jongin finally opened the door in which he stood looking so worn-out.

"What?" Jongin asked, eyes all drooped. The sparkle in his pupils had faded away, and has grown dark, like his dusky room.

"U-uhm. You look tired... are you sick?" Kyungsoo questioned, tensed that Jongin might shout at him.

"I am not. But your presence do make me sick so, leave me alone!" Jongin slammed the door shut that it made Kyungsoo flinch and a bit mad.

"T-That guy. I'm just concerned about him, aren't I?" He clicked his tongue and was about to walk away. However, it felt like he's being stopped and like he don't want to leave Jongin looking like that.

"Aish." He returned to Jongin's doorstep and knocked once again. This time though, the other did not open the door that Kyungsoo had to knock numerously until Jongin got so annoyed and decided to unlock his room's door and yelled.

"What?! Go to work–"

"I'm coming in!" Kyungsoo barged in and threw his bag on the floor that it totally made Jongin shocked.

"What are you thinking?!" Jongin hollered, eyes all wide. Kyungsoo did not speak, instead he pulled Jongin by his arm and pushed him to his bed, then laid his hand on Jongin's forehead, hunching his back a little bit.

"Holy– You're blazing hot!" Kyungsoo uttered, fretting.

"I'll be fine. Just go already!" Jongin powerlessly shoved Kyungsoo, yet it was too weak that Kyungsoo did not move an inch.

"Sometimes, you have to let someone help you." Kyungsoo said in such a serious tone. Jongin, with brows arched together, exhaled. Kyungsoo smiled, stood at a distance from Jongin and removed his coat. "I'll cook for you. Do you have stove?"

"Why are you even doing this? We're not even close. I don't understand." Jongin rolled and faced sidewards.

"I can't just leave people who needs help." He replied back. "Trust me with this. This is... the only thing I can help you with."

"Aren't you mad at me for being so rude at you? Why don't you just curse me to die and leave me here?" Jongin talked back in such a faint tone. "Besides, I can't do things I've usually done anymore.And I'd rather die than to be like this forever."


 

Kyungsoo, with unspoken thoughts, turned around, searching for a stove. But upon seeing nothing, he rushed to his room and there, he brought out everything he can use from his fridge and started cooking. Jongin on the other hand waited uncomfortably for minutes, until Kyungsoo came back with a tray of a bowl of soup and water on his hands, then placed it on a table nearby Jongin's bed.


 

"Can you eat by yourself?" Kyungsoo caringly asked.

"Of course—" Jongin tried to stand up, yet his arms were too frail that he fell back again.

"What caused you to be that sick?" Kyungsoo picked the spoon up and filled it with soup that Jongin panicked.

"H-hey! I'll ... eat by myself!" Jongin quoted feebly.

"You'll die before you could sit up so just listen to me." He looked at Jongin with eyes full of persistence that Jongin just gave up, unable to do anything at all.

"You're a fool." Jongin replied. "I barely get sick so this is... just, plain abnormal.

"You're pretty much depressed, and didn't you say your money had ran out and that you can buy food no more? So those are probably the reasons." Kyungsoo placed the spoon head on his mouth. Jongin was reluctant at first, but considering his stomach's condition, he unclosed his mouth, allowing the soup to flow on his tongue. He kept silent and just savored every drop of it until he finished every bit. "How can you be so good in cooking?"

"I was taught by my father when I was young. I was... a loner and usually have no confidence and self esteem. But when I learned how to cook and won in different competitions I had the guts to keep my head high. Though, my nature won't vanish." Kyungsoo snickered. Jongin did not say anything, but kept his stare at Kyungsoo. "You're really hungry huh—"

"Can you tell me how to find my own happiness?" Jongin questioned out of the blue. Kyungsoo smiled and softly responded. "You shouldn't search for it. Let it find you. Cause it comes naturally and you won't even notice. All you have to do is, embrace everything in a warmhearted way. And you'll find true happiness in one of those moments."

"Embrace everything huh? You do know a lot. But that's a bit hard for me." Jongin tittered. "I only know how to act cool. But..." He paused for a while. "Anyway, aren't you going to work?"

"I really can't go to work when I have to desert someone." Kyungsoo stood up, cleaning the utensils he had let Jongin use. "I'll just bring these back to my kitchen. Please change your clothes while I'm preparing cold water and towel to keep your temperature low." Kyungsoo said and was about to walk off, when Jongin grabbed his hands. "Can you open my closet and get a shirt for me?"


 

Kyungsoo, with a flourishing beam on his face, did as what his neighbor had requested. He handed a black shirt to Jongin and then went back to his room for a while, preparing damp towel and came back after a not so.long time.


 

"Here." He laid flat the towel on Jongin's forehead after he had soaked it with cold water. "Don't remove that until the water evaporates."


 

Kyungsoo turned his back, but Jongin pulled his hands back and spoke with shining eyes.


 

"Sing for me."


 


 

Little by little, Jongin unfolded his eyes, that the bright sunlight hit his iris and felt the comfortless sensation. He looked around, and there he saw Kyungsoo sitting on the floor, holding his hands lightly that his heart slightly thumped.


 

"Umm." Jongin groaned a bit. He sat up slowly, and eventually remembered what had happened yesterday and blushed.

It wasn't the typical him to ask someone to sing him to sleep for it was something his mother did not even do to him.

"Hey, wakeup." Jongin muttered as he tapped Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kyungsoo then immediately opened his eyes up and jolted upon realizing he just slept at some other person's house.

"I-I'm sorry! I fell asleep and—"

"No." Jongin cut in. "You don't have to say sorry. I'm the one who asked something absurd. You can go home now. My fever is down already." He added.


 

Without a response, Kyungsoo stepped off as quick as he could, like a penguin scurrying. However Jongin suddenly spoke which made him stop.

"Uhm!" Jongin blurted out, in which Kyungsoo whirled around. "T-thank... thank you..." Jongin said in an almost whisper-like fashion.

"You can always ask me for help." Kyungsoo said back, seemingly eased, then continued his way out as he closed the door.


 

 

Kyungsoo's phone rang, that his ringtone, growl by EXO, played. He sat up and reached for it, as it was on his bedside table. He looked on his screen with squinting eyes, just to see that it was his boss who's calling.


 

Slow and nervous, he slid the answer button and placed the speaker beside his ears. "Hello?"

"Kyungsoo-sshi." His boss paused. "You've been with us for so long. You were a really great cook. You've been so helpful. But... you know we're prioritizing people who have good attendance."

"I'm fired, right?" Kyungsoo bit his lips, suppressing the tears from falling down.

"Sad to say, yes. We have to. We're so sorry."

"I... understand." Kyungsoo uttered with a low voice.

"Thank you. We will just send the separation fee to your account. I hope you'll find a new, good job after this. And please, be conscious on your attendance. That's for your betterment." His boss spoke, then hung up. Kyungsoo, with a crumpled face, emotionally placed his phone down. He flung his body back to his bed and closed his eyes, letting his sad heart calm down.


 


 

Months had passed. Jongin is unaware why Kyungsoo became his instant personal cook. And before he knew it, he has been eating together with his neighbor and at times, Kyungsoo would bring food to him.


 

"How...how was your work? I haven't seen you going out these days." Jongin asked.

"Going great." Kyungsoo nonchalantly responded. Yet at the back of his mind, he feels despaired for not being able to find a new job.

"Are you sure? You really look sad." Jongin put his spoon down.

"I swear I'm alright." He sighed. Jongin grinned, and naively placed his hand over Kyungsoo's which was on the table.

"You've been so good to me. So now, I'm always by your side."

"What if... I was not good to you? Would you leave me?" Kyungsoo questioned out of the blue that it made Jongin astounded.

"I'm not sure... I'm not this type of guy to be honest. I was once... someone who don't care about the world and about the others. I just care about my own happiness, which I discovered, is not really my happiness."

"Well...y-your hand." Kyungsoo cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry!" Jongin quickly pulled his hands. For minutes, they both remained quiet until Kyungsoo broke the ice.

"Uhm. Jongin." Kyungsoo uttered. "Back to my question."

"I already said I don't know. Maybe yes, maybe no. It really depends on how you interact with me ."

"But that doesn't answer my question—"

"Can you just stop looking back at the past? There's no point in doing that. It already happened. And I really have no idea. Maybe if you weren't too nice, I'll be really cold at you." Jongin responded, seemingly aggravated. "Why? Don't you like the nice type Jongin? Do you like me more when I'm a bad guy, huh? I can act rude to you like before, if you would wish to." He added then crept his face closer to Kyungsoo, evenly looking at his eyes.

"What if yes?" Kyungsoo whispered to Jongin whose face is just five centimeters away from here. "What if, I want you to violate me?"

"Y-you're-" Jongin stuttered. "You're not Kyungsoo." He drew away as fast as he could.

"Haha!" Kyungsoo guffawed. "I'm just joking!"

"That's not even a good joke you bastard!" Jongin exasperatedly uttered.

"Why are you even so mad?" Kyungsoo questioned. "But, honestly... I wonder how it feels like to go back in the past? I wonder what would happen if I did not meet you?" Kyungsoo took his last bite from the lunch he cooked.

"Am I important to you?" Jongin queried earnestly that it astonished Kyungsoo.

"What's up with that question? Of course yes. If you weren't, I would act so awkward when I'm with you." Kyungsoo smiled.

"By the way, you won't wish to experience time travelling." Jongin stated.

"Why?"

"It ." Jongin gulped his water down.

"So you've experienced it?" Kyungsoo raised a brow of confusion.

"What? Hey, I'll be going." Jongin dashed out and later, a sound of a slammed door was heard, leaving Kyungsoo stunned and alone. Kyungsoo stood up, and carefully closed his room's door.

"It huh? Yet I still wish I could travel back in time, so I'd still be working." He faintly grinned and cleaned the plates on his dining table.


 


 

Jongin swept the curtains that it unveiled the bright noon sunlight. Throughly he looked at the gleam on the clouds and remembered the fellow next door. He has been so silent these days that he felt bothered.


 

And as he was just about to take a seat against the wall separating him and Kyungsoo, a loud sound of something that fell on the floor resonated that he unknowingly smiled.


 

"That guy." He went out of his room with a sly smile painted on his lips and knocked on his neighbor's door. But the other won't open up that he started worrying and calling Kyungsoo loudly.

"Kyungsoo!" He waited for a response. But Kyungsoo won't say a word. He laid his ear on the door and yelled once more. "Kyungsoo are you there?!"

"Help..." Kyungsoo begged in an almost soundless, shaky voice that Jongin felt himself sweating of nervousness.

"I'm coming in!" He walked backwards and took aim at the door then ran forward, kicking it open with all his might. There, Kyungsoo who's weakly lying on the floor, unable to.move his body was revealed.

"W-what happened?" Jongin dashed to him.

"I... I was trying to fix something...yet I lost my balance and... f-fell." Kyungsoo replied, almost breathless.

"I-I'll call an ambulance okay?! Hold on and wait here!"Jongin turned around and called the emergency hotline. Kyungsoo on the other hand slowly felt himself getting dizzy and eventually, his eyes slammed shut.


 

 

"Kyungsoo." A voice echoed in Kyungsoo's dream that he was awakened. He unclosed his eyes and eventually, the blurry vision had dissolved.

"You're finally awake." Jongin exhaled in relief. Taeyong and Jeno waved from behind that Kyungsoo's brows arched in confusion.

"Who are they?" Kyungsoo asked quietly.

"They're my friends. I called them to accompany us here."

"I see..." He smiled at them.

"Seriously. How stupid can you get to fall from a chair? Good thing it's not that bad." Jongin clicked his tongue.

"So cruel. I never wanted to fall and have my head wounded right?" Kyungsoo bumped his brows together into a scowl. "But... thanks."

"For what?" Jongin asked.

"For helping me..." Kyungsoo uttered in a soft voice.

"It's not a big deal. You helped me so I helped you too—"

"But seriously, Jongin isn't the type of person who'll help someone wholeheartedly. You're one lucky guy." Jeno chuckled. Jongin threw him a sharp stare that he darted his eyes away.

"Uhm. By the way, what were you fixing that time? The roof? I didn't see anything wrong with it though. Or there's another reason?"

"Ah, I was about to fix the cabinet but... the chair kind of wobbled so I stumbled."

"Birdbrain." Jongin chortled and flicked Kyungsoo's forehead that his forehead wrinkled, making Jongin chortle even more.

"You look cute." Jongin smirked and was about to stand up yet Kyungsoo desisted him with his words.

"Uh Jongin!" Jongin whirled around. "Can you... help me decorate my pastry shop? Just for now? Please?"


 

Jongin lifted his brows and shifted gazes with his two friends.


 

"Sure. We'll help you out. Just tell us what to do." Jongin grinned vibrantly and walked out.


 

 

Jongin, with all his strength, lifted a box full of wall decorations along with king Kyungsoo's commands.


 

"Should I hang this here?" Jongin wiped his sweat as he fixed the vintage picture frame he's about to hang on the wall.

"Uhh yeah— Ah no! Can you... move the nail a little bit to... the right." Kyungsoo bit his lower lip, afraid that Jongin might scorn him. Yet the fellow just sighed with a grin and did as he was told.

"T-thanks... I-I'll just prepare snacks for the three of you." Kyungsoo hurried to the kitchen.

"Phew." Jongin wept his sweat with his right arms. "Are you guys having fun?" He asked Jeno and Taeyong with a bit of a mocking tone.

"Who said so? Playing computer games is better than this. My body hurts." Jeno dropped his jaws. "You really are transforming into a good guy now huh. Well, atleast you're getting over that 'curse'". He added as he took a seat on one dining chair.

"That guy has helped me with quite a lot of things already. Plus, he helped me continue living my life. I'm just helping back. That's how this world works right?"

"Not for the usual Jongin." Taeyong chuckled. "I'm kinda nervous whether your morph will result into something good or not. But if you're happy, then... I think we should support you?" Taeyong smirked and shifted his sight unto Jeno. Kyungsoo then suddenly placed trays of dalgona and orange juice on their table, with a beam on his lips. "I've made some snacks. Have a bite."

"Eh— yeah! Thanks." Jeno smiled as he quickly stuffed one in his mouth. "Woah. This is exceptional! You're really a great cook huh."

"Thanks..." Kyungsoo said with head bowed down and a reddish face. "E-excuse me for a while—"

"Hey, it would be rude if you'll leave us here. Why not join us and... let's have a bottle of soju in celebration for the opening of your shop!" Taeyong grabbed Kyungsoo's arms with a taunting stare that Kyungsoo felt a bit pressured.

"C'mon! Just once?" Taeyong raised his brows. Kyungsoo, with eyes constantly oscillating, finally nodded with closed eyes. "Alright... I'll buy a bottle of soju from the store... but no more than that okay?!"

"Yeah sure!" Taeyong uttered, seemingly overwhelmed. Kyungsoo then scurried outside.

"You..." Kai glared at Taeyong who gave him two peace signs with both hands which are beside his face and a rectangular-shaped smile. "Peace!"

"What if he goes drunk easily? Will you be responsible of whatever will happen?"


 

Taeyong tittered and hit Jongin's shoulder with his palms. "Of course you're the one to be responsible of whatever will happen! You're helping him right?"


 

"You jerk—"

"Here!" Kyungsoo put the bottle down, and immediately took a seat. "Please make it fast."

"Sure thing." Taeyong laughed and poured soju on each and everyone's glass. He raised his hand, holding his soju and smiled. "Cheers!"

"C-cheers." Kyungsoo swallowed, with a feeling of lump in his throat and gulped the drink down until nothing was left. "T-that must be fine, right?"

"Eh? No! Let's have fun till night!" Taeyong exclaimed and poured more on Kyungsoo's glass which gve him a desperation to escape, he looked at Jongin who abruptly noticed Kyungsoo's reluctant peer.

"Guys..." Jongin snatched the bottle of soju from Taeyong's hand. "Keep Kyungsoo out of this. This soju is too strong for him."

"Come on Jongin! Don't be a drag. Let Kyungsoo experience the fun!" Taeyong raised his brows and started slamming the table as he started chanting. "Drink! Drink! Drink!"

"F-Fine!" Kyungsoo glared at Taeyong and gave a quick shot on the drink in his glass. A few minutes then, he felt light-headed. Everything became blurry on his sight and the urge of vomiting had made him run to the toilet and release everything he had eaten.

"You bastards!" Jongin threw a sharp stare on the two of his friends.

"Oops... we didn't know he really gets drunk easily..."

"I'm out of this—"

"And who said so?" Taeyong gave Jeno a droopy stare as he drew his face closer.

"I was not the one who forced Kyungsoo to drink so, I'm excluded." Jeno palmed Taeyong's face and pushed it away. Jongin gritted his teeth and rushed to the comfort room, in which he found Kyungsoo sitting on the wet tiled floor.

"Kyungsoo are you alright? Can you stand?" Jongin asked as he sat on his thighs.

"My head..." Kyungsoo mumbled that Jongin exhaled in a bit of exhaustion.

"You should have bought a milder soju. What you bought was the strongest one that even that Taeyong did not survive from getting drunk which is... very rare. And even the glass we used was huge that I'm feeling dizzy with one shot already." Jongin uttered. "Now... what shall I do?"

"My... room." Kyungsoo drawled. "I wanna...sleep. I'm...dizzy. You're... distort...bring me..." He weakly pointed upstairs.

"Your room? Oh. Alright." Jongin wrapped Kyungsoo's arm around his shoulder and assisted him as he walked upstairs. "Hold on."


 

Slowly yet carefully, he opened the door of Kyungsoo's room with his foot, and lightly threw him on his bed. But Kyungsoo held Jongin's shirt that they both fell on the bed; Jongin on top of Kyungsoo and had almost kissed him that his heart raced.


 

"Uh." Jongin gulped as he looked through the eyes of the drunk Kyungsoo and immediately yanked up. "No... The curse..."

"Jongin... can you... stay..." Kyungsoo muttered ambiguously, but suddenly fell asleep along with a snoring sound.

"He's really..." Jongin smiled along with a bright red face as he remembered the drunk look of Kyungsoo and his lips. "I'm stupid. This is wrong."


 

Jongin, with a doubtful mind sat beside Kyungsoo on the floor with crossed legs. "You are really an idiot. Now... I don't even know what to do with you. So, I guess I'll just stay here and... wait for you to wake up?" Jongin uttered. He sighed then gazed at Kyungsoo as he cupped his chin. He slid his fingers down Kyungsoo's jawline then fancied for minutes and a little bit later, he completely fell asleep.


 

 

"Jongin." Someone with a deep, rich voice called him.

"Uhh..." Jongin opened his eyes and later realized that he was lying on the floor all the night.

"I-I... hey! I just fell asleep here! I did not watch over you or something!" Jongin jerked up.

"I wasn't even accusing you. Why are you so defensive?" He looked through Jongin's eyes.

"Whatever! I'm just saying it first. Just in case. Don't act like you rule the game." Jongin walked off. "By the way," He stopped and turned around. "Were you fired from your job?"

"N-no..." Kyungsoo uneasily responded then took steps nearer to the door. "I'll be going now. My head is aching and I'll prepare for my shop's opening—"

"Uh uh." Jongin locked and blocked the door. "I want you to be honest. I want to know the truth."

"W-why do you even care? It's a... personal stuff." He held the doorknob, yet Jongin slapped his hands away.

"Say it or I'll you." Jongin gave Kyungsoo a death glare and it immediately caused Kyungsoo to feel frightened.

"Ye-yes." Kyungsoo replied. "Now let me out of here!"

"Sorry." Jongin sincerely apologized that Kyungsoo was shocked. "I was always causing you trouble that you had to take your absence from your work."

"It's not your fault. It was my choice whether to just ignore you or to entertain you. And I regret nothing about what I did so..." He held Jongin's chin and beamed. "Cheer up."

"What are you doing..." Jongin, with a thumping heart, raised a brow on Kyungsoo that his fellow realized what he just did.

"Uh... that was... that was unintentional." Kyungsoo shifted his gaze away, yet Jongin unknowingly held Kyungsoo's cheeks and was about to lay his lips on him when he remembered he's forbidden to do it.

"Wrong." Jongin mumbled to himself as he slightly shoved Kyungsoo away and ran outside that the other was left stunned of the sudden spur of events.


 

 

Jongin kicked a stone on the ground with his toe, looking at Kyungsoo from the outside through the window pane. It had been a week since they did not talk to each other. It had been a week since he wasn't able to taste Kyungsoo's especialty and just eat what his friends prepare for him. And for some reasons, he feel nostalgic.


 

"Why should temptation be my worst enemy? It ." He gnashed his teeth and threw a sharp stare on Kyungsoo who was talking to the customers that time. Jongin walked in and shouted, not caring about what others might say.

"Can I buy the CEO of this restaurant?!"


 

Kyungsoo, thunderstruck and dumbfounded, turned his head around the crowd of customers who were staring at them that time, gazed back and approached Jongin.


 

"What do you think you're doing?!" Kyungsoo whispered.

"I just can't endure a day without you. I don't understand why but, I really value you... because... you're a special friend. Please don't avoid me." Jongin muttered back.

"You don't know what you're saying—"

"No! You've been avoiding me these days—"

"I'm not! Stop this thing!" Kyungsoo interrupted.

"If I can't buy you, can you buy me instead? I mean... I want to work here. Please?" Jongin gawked at Kyungsoo.

"I don't... get it." Kyungsoo exhaled.

"Just think that, this is to help me earn money. Like... I feel so ashamed to ask my friends for food already. So...." Jongin convinced him through his eyes. Kyungsoo hauled a sigh, then dragged Jongin to a corner where customers won't see them.

"Honestly, what's wrong with you?" Kyungsoo said in a low voice.

"Tell me I'm going crazy but, I really want to be by your side. I don't understand myself— ugh! I'm ing confused!" Jongin frustratedly held his hair. "I just... I just feel so empty. This is not me!"

"J-Jongin, calm down." Kyungsoo quietly said. "I got it, okay? Stop saying weird things."

"What the hell? I'm telling the truth!" Jongin softly yelled.

"Yeah yeah. Nevermind. Tomorrow," Kyungsoo paused. "Be ready for your first day of working here, okay? I don't have that much of a money to pay you but, I'll do my best."

"Thanks?" Jongin uttered, apparently awed by what he has also said and mumbled to himself as Kyungsoo walked off, laughing as he was shamed. "I'm really going insane."


 

 

A couple of months had went by, since Jongin started working at Kyungsoo's pastry shop as a kitchen helper along with other chefs and helpers. Everything has been doing fine: The shop's reputation, earnings and even Kyungsoo and Jongin's relationship, without them noticing it.


 

There are days they exchange gazes and smiles. One time, the clumsy Kyungsoo slipped, yet fell on Jongin's hand. And there were also moments they laughed together that.little by little, Jongin transformed into a new being. Sometimes Kyungsoo would tickle Jongin, and the fellow would take his revenge.


 

Jongin washed his hands, then wiped them with a piece of cloth. He strengthlessly sat on a chair and bowed his head.


 

"Tiring." He uttered. "There has been a lot of customers these days.


 

Kyungsoo smiled, moved a chair in front of Jongin and took a seat while picking out a miniature of a dance floor with a dancing figure from his apron's pocket. He then dropped it on the table and spoke. "Surprise!"


 

"Eh?" Jongin raised his head and saw the miniature on the table. "What's this?"

"A gift!" Kyungsoo beamed widely. "Someone told me you like going to clubs so I bought that."

"Those two..." Jongin said to himself and held the figure, observing every edge of it. "You didn't really have to buy this...you know?"

"No it's totally fine! You've been a lot of help so you deserve a gift, don't you like it? Plus, you see, the old Jongin who was once bossy learned to listen to others... " Kyungsoo pouted.

"I-I like it... of course." Jongin smiled. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." Kyungsoo replied along with a peace sign that Jongin had his heart leaping and say things unconsciously.


 

"I... like you." He uttered out of the blue that Kyungsoo flinched and wavered.

"What did... you just say?" He gaped a mouth stare.

"I-I like your smile!" Jongin plastered a laugh as he scratched his head.

"Uh eh is that so? I think I heard something else..." Kyungsoo looked up. "Why just my smile? Not me?"

"What?! What are you even babbling about?" Jongin shouted for he was shocked and accidentally slammed his hands on the table.

"Joking!" Kyungsoo chortled, yet Jongin felt a bit furious and tempted along with a pounding heart that he stood up, hunching his back while cupping the both of Kyungsoo's cheeks, extending his body until his lips are almost an inch away from Kyungsoo's, yet he diverted them to lay on Kyungsoo's chin and exhaled.


 

 

Jongin threw a crumpled piece of paper at a thrash bin on a corner of Jeno's room which undesirably got shoot in. He rested the nape of his neck on the edge of the bed while sitting on the wooden floor and pressed his lips into a firm line.


 

"You really are a fool." Taeyong insulted as he let his body fall and bounce against Jeno's bed. "Why did you even think of kissing that weirdo?"

"Kyungsoo. is not. a weirdo. He's just awkward with others but when he starts feeling comfy when he's with you, he'll show you how happy and cute he is." Jongin pulled a magazine from under the bed and scanned through it.

"That is still not a reason to kiss him! Like what the heck. Even Baekhyun is heap better than him, except the fact that Baek is a witch. And it's not right to fall inlove with your boss. And, did you forget about the curse?" Jeno scolded, munching a piece of potato chip.

"Of course not. Besides, I was just lured to kiss him because, he acted so cute in front of me. That's not love. And I have not, and will never fall in love with someone especially now that I was cursed." Jongin placed the magazine down Jeno's bedside table.

"If your parents were here, they would be mad at—" Jeno quietly took a peek on Jongin who has a straightfaced expression on his face. "S-sorry to have that mentioned."

"It's fine. I don't care about them anymore. They're just es who only care about themselves.Leaving their only son to an old grandma, and separately fulfilling their lusts. They don't deserve to be parents." Jongin replied then yawned.

"But, back at Kyungsoo. Deny it or not, you love him, right?" Jeno filled his hand with the potato chips he's eating.

"I don't know. Don't ask me about that anymore. How does that even feel?"


 

Jeno slyly tittered as he looked at Jongin. "Ever had the feeling of a racing heart? That's how love feels. Even you, thinking that Kyungsoo is cute is a part of it."


 

"I...see." Jongin bit his lips and chuckled. "Whatever!"

"Look at you guilty guy!" Jeno laid on the floor while he stuffed the chips on his mouth. Jongin however, did not reply, yet he thoroughly searched his heart for a possible answer to one of his largest bafflement.


 

 

Kyungsoo walked against the quiet hostile snow, struggling as he is carrying bags of pastry ingredients with the both of his hands. He's not even halfway through, when a plastic of bread rolled on the snow-covered ground and he had to run after it. Fortunately, someone picked it up for him which made him look up with such wide eyes.


 

"Jongin?"

Jongin lifted the two of his brows and put the plastic of bread back to the shopping bag Kyungsoo was carrying. "Yeah?"

"What are you doing here? Are you going to watch the fireworks display with a girl later?" Kyungsoo placed the bags down and stretched his arms.

"No. I was just wandering around because I don't have anything to do this Christmas. And... it's Christmas vacation so, I don't have a work to do in your shop. " He glanced on the shopping bags on the ground. "Need some help?"

"Now that you ask that... can you?" Kyungsoo doubtfully stared at Jongin who just wordlessly picked a bag up.

"Where should I take—"


 

The sky was lit out of the blue, that both of the guys were flabbergasted and urged to have a glimpse of the sky that they saw the fireworks consecutively exploding on the vast firmament.


 

"The... Christmas fireworks." Kyungsoo whispered to himself, yet Jongin heard what he said.

"Did... you know about the myth? That couples who will watch the Christmas fireworks in this area will be couples for a lifetime?" Jongin stuttered, still gazing on the bright lights scattering through the heavens.

"I... do. But, we are not involved in that myth, right? Cause we are not couples."

"Kyungsoo." Jongin turned his head to Kyungsoo, who coincidentally turned to him too. "Have you ever fell in love with someone?"


 

"N-No..." Kyungsoo responded with a soft voice. "What made you ask that question?"

"I'm not sure b-but... but I think I'm... starting to like... you? Or I've completely fallen for you?"


 

Kyungsoo was dumbfounded, with the statements that came out of Jongin's mouth and his naturally huge eyes grew bigger.


 

"J-Jongin." He faked a guffaw. "Quit joking—"

"I'm serious." Jongin humorlessly gaped at Kyungsoo. "It wasn't a joke."

"How..." Kyungsoo questioned, with a bit of his mouth open.


 

"The way you treated me. The way you changed me. Everything you did moved my heart. I was negating it at first. But when I thought things out and did some research, I realized that, the simple feeling of not wanting to be away from you and this happy spirit I have when you're beside me, are two important signs. I'm also amazed to have this feeling because, this was the first time I fell for someone." Jongin scrutinized Kyungsoo, yet reflexively defended himself from the bizarre countenance of the other. "I-I'm not asking you to love me in return ok—"


 

"How could I not?" Kyungsoo cut in that Jongin was bewildered. Kyungsoo digged for a sparkle from Jongin's eyes and opened his mouth slightly. "How could I not return your love, when I've also fallen for you?"


 

The wind blew, together with the crackling sound of the colorful fireworks painting the night sky. All things around them was so tranquil, that they can only hear their own heartbeats.


 

"Uhm. Can you help me bring these stuffs to my unit?" Kyungsoo asked, changing the topic as he thought Jongin would ignore what he just said. However, Jongin was so thunderstruck with what Kyungsoo just said that everything around him went missing, and like he was sent into another dimension and the words Kyungsoo uttered echoes on his mind.

"Did I hear that right?" Jongin clarified. "You just said... you love me too?"

"Uh." Kyungsoo covered his reddish face with his palms. "I-I never... planned to say this one day—"


 

All of a sudden, Jongin dragged Kyungsoo to him, not caring about the bag on his hands even though he dropped it on the ground as he held the both of Kyungsoo's biceps tightly, and then wrapped him around his arms, giving Kyungsoo his warmest hug.


 

"I feel so happy. Is this, how it feels like to be... loved back?" Jongin smiled and tangled Kyungsoo more imperviously. Kyungsoo was left' speechless, and was just able to drop the bag he was clutching along with a genuine curve on his lips and embrace Jongin with all his energy.


 

"Do you... happen to have any plans today?" Jongin added.

"Luckily, I don't. Why?" Kyungsoo queried back.

"Want to, stroll on the park somewhere, close from here?"


 

Kyungsoo exhaled, along with a chilling breath that decays as the heat from Jongin's body transferred unto him.


 

"Let's go! We have a lot to talk about." Jongin released Kyungsoo and flicked his forehead, which made him sputter an 'ouch'. He was about to. amble away, yet he halted, whirled around and held Kyungsoo's hand and the shoping bags on the ground.

"Hey, hold this one. They're a bit too heavy." Jongin hung one of the shopping bags on his fingers. Kyungsoo chuckled, and took the bag from Jongin's fingers. They both grinned at each other and took their steps away, leaving their footprints on the snowy ground, ignoring the snowflakes that falls on their head.


 


 



 

Kyungsoo stared at the sky, watching the snow fall to the ground.


 

"You know, I've always wondered. When I first met you, why were you so sad? You seemed so depressed but, you really don't share a lot about yourself."

"If I would tell you why, promise me that you won't laugh at me." Jongin buried his toe under the thick snow on the pavement.

"I promise." Kyungsoo faced him with such cutesy expression, and crossed fingers that Jongin can't help but pinch Kyungso's nose.

"That's because of the cu—" Jongin suddenly pursed his lips, cutting his words and blinking sequentially. "The ! The !"

"Huh? The ? You mean the female's..." Kyungsoo arched his brows, that drove Jongin hysterically.

"I meant... I meant my parents! I've always been sad and alone because they both have separate families now and they even left me to my grandma who died a year after I stayed there. And I was forced to work for myself... They left me loveless." Jongin bowed his head, hiding his face after he just lied about the real reason of why he was despressed months ago.

"Oh... sorry... Well that's not even laughable." Kyungsoo fidgeted, sticking his index fingers in and out.

"It's fine really." Jongin held his head up. "It was... in the past. I want to forget about that already."

"Okay!" Kyungsoo posed an 'okay' sign with his right hand, along with a beam. "Don't worry, I'll let you experience love

"Please do... please do please me." Jongin smiled and let his tongue out, in which Kyungsoo made faces along with an attempt to kiss him on the lips, yet Jongin disallowed him by averting his face to another side.

"You can't do that." Jongin hauled a sigh.

"I-I'm sorry! I'm rushing things a little bit, right?" Kyungsoo moved a certain distance. "I'm just so happy to the point that I feel like I'm floating. Sorry..."


 

Jongin faced Kyungsoo back and took deep breaths.


 

"It's alright. I understand you. Shall we go home now? It's already 10 o'clock in the evening." He stood up, brushing the snow dust on his pants.

"Sure." Kyungsoo smiled, yet remembered that he bought some fresh vegetables from the market and he has to cook them immediately, making him act frantic. "Oh no... the veggies..." He gripped Jongin's hand and the shopping bags, then dashed home.


 


 



 

Kyungsoo brushed Jongin's hair with his fingers, as he sang his favorite song. Jongin on the other hand, had his head laid on Kyungsoo's lap, body positioned sidewards. His eyes are closed, yet his ears and heart carefully listen to his beloved's voice as it reverbrates around the Kyungsoo's room where the two of them are alone.


 

"It's been a while since I heard you sing." Jongin interrupted. "You were so busy with your business that you always act a bit hysterical... and you tend to forget everything else when working."


 

"I know. That's because I'm a workaholic person. I'm aware that you're feeling lonely because I'm not paying too much attention to you. That's why I'm trying to comply with the moments I have not spent with you. I'm really sorry."

"Remember, when I asked you to help me find, true happiness? Now, I've found it." Jongin rolled until he faced the ceiling and looked at Kyungsoo's face. "And it's you. But in the end it's all about time. I... We might get hurt in the end."

"What are you saying? We won't get separated." Kyungsoo's brows bumped together into a scowl. "Don't be so negative."

"You don't understand. Time and temptation are my worst enemies. Time, is also a hiccup for you, right? We don't really know what's going to happen. I'm... afraid that my true happiness will... return to someone in the past. So, I'm very careful with my actions."

"That doesn't make sense Jongin." Kyungsoo said.

"I wish I can explain it to you. But I just can't. This is not the right moment to tell you everything. Please understand." Jongin returned to his position earlier. Kyungsoo exhaled, and cautiously placed Jongin's head on the cushion as he stood up.

"I'm going to cook—"


 

Out of the blue, Kyungsoo lost consciousness and fell on the floor that Jongin's eyes opened widely and his body automatically wrenched to where Kyungsoo is. He shook his body with a fearful expression on his face.


 

"Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo wake up!" He shouted, trying to awake the currently pale Kyungsoo. But he won't respond to Jongin which distraught him. "Emergency hotline... emergency hotline..."


 

Jongin picked his phone out if his pocket and dialled the emergency hotline immediately. "Hello?! Please send us an ambulance. 674 Bak street, Complex Apartment unit 106, Seoul city. Do it now please!" He hung up and bit fingers. For seconds he kept walking back and forth, frenzied about the situation until the ambulance came not so long after. Time had passed, and Jongin spent all of it patiently waiting for Kyungsoo to gain consciousness.


 

"Are you the patient's relative?" The doctor asked in which Jongin jerked up.

"Ye-yes! I'm his guy. Now, what happened?" Jongin suddenly uttered that the doctor was a bit shocked.

"Have you observed him, seemingly dizzy? Or has he fainted multiple times? Have you noticed his dry lips?" The doctor surveyed.

"Yes... But he did not totally faint. He just fell on his knees and we thought it was just because he was tired. The dry lips... well, his lips were like that since we met so... I thought it was normal." Jongin raisec a brow. "Why?"

"Acute Leukemia. And it's on the stage where treatment can't do almost nothing. A year would be... long enough for him."


 

Jongin almost broke with what he has heard. He can't supress himself from tearing up. His heart feels so heavy, and like it's being pierced by hundreds of needles at the same time. And the space around him, seem to have gone black and empty.


 

"You're... joking right? Is this an April fool's prank or something?" Jongin questioned with such dilated eyes.

"I'm sorry. But it's January 28 today. And it was not a joke. We, doctor's don't have time for that. Now, all I can suggest is... let him undergo treatment."

"Do all you can to kill that cancer! Or else I'll kill you!" Jongin breathlessly yelled that it made the doctor feel terrified.


 

"I-I'm very sorry but, we can't guarantee you that mr. Do's sickness can still be cured. So now, all you can do is... keep the faith. Excuse me."


 

Tears fell from Jongin's eyes like rain that never cease to fall. His knees felt too feeble that he can't move, and all he can do is look through the glass pane and stare at the unconscious Kyungsoo.


 



 

Kyungsoo's face is pale. His lips are a bit dry, and bleeding. He stared at Jongin who mindlessly cries infront of him.


 

"Jongin." Kyungsoo tepidly smiled at him, which made him cry even more. "You have been so silent that it gives me chills."

"Kyungsoo..." Jongin bawled, with head bowed on the hospital bed's cushion.

"Come on. I'm not going to die. I've been anemic since I was a kid. It will all get better." Kyungsoo Jongin's head.

"But... it's not anemia. It's—" Jongin yanked his head up, yet Kyungsoo laid his thumb over Jongin's lips.

"Leukemia? I know. I had it three years ago because I always sleep late." He uneagerly gazed at Jongin.

"Why... why did you not tell me?!" Jongin wailed even more, that it tore Kyungsoo's heart. Tears seeped down his cheeks, feeling so broken after he has kept everything to himself for years.

"I just thought that it was nothing. Remember when, when I said that misfortunes aren't the end of our life? I said that because of my disease. Because I thought I'm completely healthy. But, when I was about to fix the cabinet, I felt dizzy that the chair wobbled and I fell. That was the time I realized that I'm not healing, but getting worse. So I decided to establish a business and reach my dreams. Now that I'm climbing to success, this cancer starts to ruin everything."


 

Kyungsoo cried even more. Jongin slowly moved his arms and wiped the tears on Kyungsoo's cheek with his finger.


 

"I'm sorry. I am not strong enough to hide the pain from you. I'm... I'm so sorry." He sobbed.

"No... stop crying. Let us... conquer this together. Alright?" Kyungsoo grinned friendly. Trying to ease the situation, yet it just made them weep more.


 

 

Jongin placed his leather jacket on his couch. Today, is not just another day. It's the 20th of July year 2015, Kyungsoo's birthday.

And his special gift, is a night with him.

Months went by fast. Months the both of them had spent on the hospital. Even the Valentine's day and the white day were spent there, except Jongin prepared simple surprises for his Kyungsoo. Candle lights, flowers and everything pleasing to the soul, heart and mind.

And he had waited for this day to come. He has thought of this thoroughly and it's the only solution he can think of: To sacrifice the progress he had made.

He sat down the bed. The looks of his friends flashes back on his mind. The looks which does not want to be returned to those times. The look on Jeno's face as he said, "I don't want to waste my efforts. I'm already on the last stage of Need For Speed most wanted!"

 

But there's no turning back now.


 

"Jongin?" Kyungsoo weaklessly walked out of the bathroom and took a seat on the edge of the bed. "What exactly are we doing here?"

"It's your birthday today, right?" Jongin held Kyungsoo's cheeks.

"Why... why a hotel? For 'that'? I'm still too weak for that... I'm afraid I won't be able to satisfy youj—"

"Shh." Jongin desisted him from speaking as he pressed Kyungsoo's lips with his index finger. He took a ring out of his pocket and inserted it into Kyungsoo's ring finger. "Remember, that I love you from the bottom of my heart. And why I'm doing this is because, I don't want you... us to suffer anymore."


 

"I don't get your point—"

"I love you, Do Kyung Soo." He broke in.

"I love you... too Kim Jong In."


 

Jongin aggressively drew his face to Kyungsoo and laid his lips on the other's in which it fitted perfectly against Kyungsoo. They tied each other's tongue. Jongin's hand caressed Kyungsoo's chest, and slid down, under Kyungsoo's brief. They both took each other's clothes, and though debilitated, he did his best for it, without knowing the reason behind everything.

Jongin engulfed Kyungsoo on his arms. He's asleep and delicate, that he can't hear Jongin weeping in despair.


 

"I'm very sorry. I was left without a choice. I don't want you to disappear."


 

He tightened his embrace as he wailed. And the latter, he fell to slumber.


 


 

Jongin was awakened with the loud noise and the sunrays refracted unto his eyes. He looked at the calendar.


 

12th of March, year 2014.


 

He was dazed. He knew it's over. He knew it came back to where it all started. And with that thought, tears streamed down his cheek. He opened the window pane, extending his arms and looking through the street he has always looked on. He can't clearly remember but the surroundings tell him, it was that day he woke up very upset.


 

Jongin went out his room. Jeno and Taeyong weren't there which made him wonder. He walked to Jeno's unit and knocked.


 

"Jeno?" Jongin called. Seconds then, Jeno unlocked the door and was surprised to see Jongin's reddish eyes.

"Did you cry—"

"Is my roommate coming today?" Jongin interposed. Jeno had his eyebrows arched, as if he was confused.

"What? Your supposed-to-be roommate terminated the rental contract yesterday. Have you forgotten?"

Jongin unenthusiastically smiled. "I see."

"Why? Didn't you say that you don't want a roommate?"


 

"Ah yeah." Jongin was not able to stop himself from tearing up because of the news he heard, which made Jeno panic and Taeyong to stop gaming. He just don't understand why the events turned in a different way.


 

But he thinks of it as "for the better".


 

"Wh-what happened—"

"What stage are you in NFS Most Wanted?" Jongin interrupted as he wiped his tears.

"Uhm. I'm still the most wanted number 10? Why'd you ask?"

"Nothing. I swear you'll be number 1 next year." Jongin chuckled and sauntered off.

"Eh? You time traveled again?! What have you done stupid!" Jeno scratched his head as he watched Jongin walk off and slammed the door after seconds of gazing unto the figure.


 

Meanwhile Jongin went downstairs. He held the doorknob and opened the door that a small opening was made, yet all of a sudden, it was pushed open, and someone carrying tons of bags fell to him, and his , in the most unfortunate manner, landed on Jongin's manhood.


 

"A-ah I'm sorry!" The stranger hysterically jerked up with a reddish face and bowed at him multiple times. "I-I was leaning on the door, waiting for the landlord when you opened the door so... I-I outbalanced and fell..." He added, looking down.


 

"So in the end, we'll meet again." Jongin smirked, drawing perplexion on his mind. "I thought...you'll totally... disappear."

"What? Sorry? Have we met already?"


 

Jongin held Kyungsoo's hand and stared at his fingers that Kyungsoo felt sweaty and nervous.


 

"Take care of your health, okay? Even though you're nocturnal, don't sleep late. Mr. Owl" He grinned and walked off, leaving puzzlement in his mind for what he just did and what he just called him. And as he realized Jongin was referring to his eyes, he ran outside and yelled.

"I have a name! I'm Do Kyung Soo! Don't call me Mr. Owl!"

Jongin heard what he had said, but he just smiled a little along with bittersweet tears and continued taking his steps away.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: I am hoping you liked this story. Upvote and subscribe if this touched your heart bahaha XD Joking well. Thank you for reading :)