Mistletoe

Mistletoe

        "Omma, everything has to be perfect." Chaerin sighed, looking at her mother moving around the kitchen. 

 

        Mrs. Lee laughed. "I know, Rinnie. You have been saying that every five minutes." 

 

        "I just want things to be perfect. Jiyong Oppa will be coming over later in the afternoon." 

 

        Lee Chaerin and Kwon Jiyong had been dating for going on almost a year now. The two had been going to the same school since they were little, but had never traveled in the same pack. Things changed their high school year when their two friends, Choi Seunghyun and Park Bom began to date. Naturally the two groups came together and began to hang out.  

 

        Senior Jiyong and Junior Chaerin clicked immediately. They had so much in common, from fashion to music, they could talk for hours.  

 

        Chaerin and Jiyong soon began to develop feelings for each other. Jiyong took the chance to confess to Chaerin on her birthday. He was happy when Chaerin returned his feelings and the two started to date after that. 

 

        This whole time into their relationship, the two had yet to share their first kiss as a couple. For Chaerin this was a big deal. She had yet to have her first kiss and she wanted it to be with Jiyong, whom she knew had kissed plenty of girls before her. 

 

        She didn't understand why Jiyong had yet to kiss her. There had been plenty of opportunities and they had been dating long enough to be at that stage in the relationship. 

 

        This is why after waiting so long for Jiyong to kiss her, Chaerin had decided to step up. She would be the one to kiss him and what better way to do it than on Christmas right under the mistletoe. 

 

        Jiyong would be come over to her house later, after spending some time with his family, to spend their first Christmas as a couple together. 

 

        Chaerin had spent the morning putting up mistletoe around the house. 

 

        She wanted things to be perfect. She wanted to get her first kiss. 

 

        Besides her kiss being perfect, everything else had to be perfect too. Dinner had to be perfect. This is why she was sitting in the kitchen, reminding her mother about how perfect the dinner needed to be. 

 

        Mrs. Lee only shook her head. She didn't know why her daughter was acting this way. It wouldn't be the first time that Jiyong had come over to the house and it wouldn't be the last. Jiyong had yet to be scared away from the Lee household. His first meeting with her family proved that he wasn't scared to come back. 

 

        Chaerin recalled how embarrassed she was during the first meeting. Her mom had pulled out her baby photos and showed them to Jiyong. Harin had babbled on about how much Chaerin liked Jiyong and of course her dad made sure to warn Jiyong about what would happen to him if anything happened to his precious daughter. 

 

        Jiyong survived the meeting with her family and told Chaerin how much he liked them. He even about the baby photos. 

 

        Chaerin sighed. She was glad that Jiyong hadn't been scared away by her family. She just hoped that tonight would go perfect.  

 

        "Chaerin, dear." Mrs. Lee smiled. "How about you go check on Harin? See what that girl is up to.'' 

 

        "Alright, Omma." Chaerin got up from the table and headed upstairs to her sister's room. 

 

        "Harin!" She busted through the door to find her sister painting her nails. 

 

        "UNNIE!" Harin yelled, as her sister plopped down on the bed. "You almost made me mess my nails up." She pouted. 

 

        Chaerin grinned. "You should have already been done with that." She said. 

 

        Harin rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry, unnie. Some of us don't wake up at the crack of dawn to get ready for a boyfriend that is coming later."  

 

        "YAH!" Chaerin threw a pillow at her. 

 

        "UNNIE!" Harin yelled as the pillow hit her in the face. 

 

        "That's what you get, you brat." Chaerin smirked, standing up from the bed. "I'll let omma know you are just lagging around up here."  

 

        "CHAERIN UNNIE!" Harin yelled, as Chaerin ran downstairs laughing. 

 

        "No running in the house. You will trip." Mr. Lee reprimanded his daughter as she ran by him. 

 

        "Sorry, appa." Chaerin slowed down. 

 

        The door bell rang and Chaerin grinned. Jiyong was here. 

 

        She started running towards the door. 

 

        "Chaerin!" Mr. Lee yelled out. 

 

        Chaerin stopped running, walking fast towards the door. 

 

        She pulled it opened, a huge grin on her face. 

 

        "Jing...." She frowned. "Oh... it's you." She made a move to shut the door, but the person on the other side stopped her. 

 

        "Yah! Is that any way to treat your favorite cousin?" Seungri glared at her, pushing his way into the house. 

 

        Chaerin glared back. Lee Seunghyun, Seungri as most called him, was the most annoying person on the planet. At least that was her opinion of him. Seungri had been going to a private school, but transferred to her high school half way into this year. He was introduced to Jiyong's group and had been apart of the group since then. 

 

        "Who invited you?" Chaerin asked. 

 

        "Lee Chaerin! Is that anyway to treat your cousin?" Mrs Lee was standing in the doorway of the kitchen, hands on her hips and a scowl on her face. 

 

        Chaerin bowed her head. "Sorry, omma. I didn't mean it. I was just playing around with Seungri Oppa." She almost puked at calling her cousin oppa. It was something she hated to do. She only did it around the adults. 

 

        Mrs. Lee looked at Seungri, who quickly nodded. "Yeah, Auntie. We are just playing around. You know good old cousin bonding." He grinned, throwing an arm around Chaerin and giving her a squeeze. "This is my favorite cousin right here, ya know?" 

 

        "Hey, what about me?" Harin spoke up, coming down the stairs. 

 

        Seungri smiled at her. "Ah of course I didn't forget about you. You're my favorite as well." 

 

        Mrs. Lee smiled and walked back into the kitchen. 

 

        "Ew, get your arm off of me." Chaerin pushed him away. 

 

        Seungri glared at her. "I don't know why you're saying ew. My arm is going to fall off now." He pouted. 

 

        Chaerin glared back. "Listen here you...." She stopped talking as the doorbell rang. 

 

        She looked at the door. Was it Jiyong this time? 

 

        "Unnie, are you going to open the door?" Harin asked. 

 

        Chaerin looked at her. "Oh yeah. Of course I will." She moved to open the door, but Seungri beat her to it. 

 

        "Ah, hyung. Come on it." Seungri grinned at Jiyong. 

 

        Jiyong grinned back. "What up, Ri?" The two fist bumped. 

 

        "Oh just dealing with my worst nightmare." Seungri scowled. 

 

        Jiyong laughed. "Would you leave my girlfriend alone." He looked at Chaerin. "Are you going to give oppa a hug?" 

 

        Chaerin laughed and moved into Jiyong's open arms. She enjoyed the feel of her boyfriend's  arms around her body. He was doing a good job at making her feel all warm and tingly inside. 

 

        "Ugh... these two make me sick." Seungri said, making a face. 

 

        "Tell me about it." Harin said. 

 

        "Yah, get inside so I can shut this door." Seungri said, breaking the couple from their hug. 

 

        Chaerin glared at him, while Jiyong chuckled. 

 

        "Alright. I'm coming in." Jiyong said. He leaned down, picking up a huge wrapped present. "I couldn't hug you with this in my arms, now could I?" He asked. 

 

        Chaerin blushed.  

 

        The two headed inside, following Harin and Seungri to the living room. 

 

        "Ah, Jiyong it's good to see you." Mr. Lee said, clapping a hand on the boy's back. 

 

        Jiyong stumbled forward a bit, but quickly steadied himself. "Hello, Mr. Lee." He smiled. 

 

        Mr. Lee eyed him. "Still treating my daughter right?" He asked. 

 

        "Dad!" Chaerin groaned. She wanted this Christmas to be perfect and it wasn't starting out that way. 

 

        "It's okay, Chae." Jiyong smiled and looked at her father. "Yes Sir. I have yet to make her cry and I don't plan on it."  

 

        Mr. Lee seemed satisfied with what Jiyong said, for he patted Jiyong on the back again, causing him to once again stumble forward. 

 

        "Good to hear." Mr. Lee said, walking into the kitchen to see if his wife needed any help. 

 

        "Well your appa still hates me." Jiyong chuckled. 

 

        "He does not hate you. He loves you." Chaerin said. 

 

        "If you say so." Jiyong looked amused. "Oh, I want you to open my present." He held the box out to her. 

 

        "Wait. I need to get yours." Chaerin said. She walked over to the Christmas tree. The only presents left under it were presents for friends. 

 

        Chaerin reached down and grabbed a rectangular box wrapped in gold paper with a black bow on top. 

 

        "Okay, here we go." She smiled, walking back over to Jiyong. 

 

        Jiyong smiled and the two exchanged presents.  

 

        "Sweet, I love it!" Jiyong grinned, pulling out the leather jacket that Chaerin had given him. 

 

        Chaerin beamed at the present she had gotten from Jiyong. It was a giant Rilakkuma and of course it was Christmas themed.  

 

        "Thank you, oppa!" She smiled. 

 

        Jiyong grinned. "Look at it a little closer." He said. 

 

        Chaerin blinked and looked back at the Rilakkuma. Her eyes widened as she saw the golden heart shaped locket around it's neck. 

 

        "Oh Jingyo Oppa." She breathed. 

 

        Jiyong reached out and pulled the locket off of the Rilakkuma. He opened it and showed Chaerin the two pictures inside. There was a picture of when they first hung out as friends and then a picture of them when they first became a couple. 

 

        Chaerin smiled. "Oppa. It's beautiful. Thank you." She looked up at him.  

 

        Jiyong smiled back, looking down at her. "I'm glad that you like it."  

 

        "This is it." Chaerin thought. "I can kiss Jiyong Oppa now." 

 

        She began to lean forward. 

 

        Someone coughed and Chaerin froze. She had forgotten that Seungri was in the room and so was Harin. 

 

        She blushed, embarrassed. 

 

        Jiyong must not have realized that she had been leaning forward to kiss him, for he seemed completely calm and cool. 

 

        Chaerin frowned. 

 

        "I'll um... go put this in my room." She said, holding up the bear. 

 

        "I'll go with you." Jiyong said. 

 

        Chaerin nodded and the two headed upstairs. 

 

        Chaerin realized they would be away from Harin and Seungri in her room and she was sure she would be able to kiss Jiyong up here. 

 

        She walked into her room, with Jiyong behind her. She put her new Rilakkuma on her bed and turned towards Jiyong. 

 

        He still had her locket in his hand and he held it up. "Let me put it on you." He smiled. 

 

        Chaerin nodded and allowed Jiyong to put the locket on her.  

 

        "Thank you once again, oppa." She smiled, hugging her boyfriend. 

 

        Jiyong hugged her back. "You're welcome." He pulled her a little closer. 

 

        "Jiyong Oppa?" 

 

        "Hm?" Jiyong pulled back a little from the hug to look down from his girlfriend. 

 

        Chaerin looked up at him. "I... that is.... I want to...." She trailed off, embarrassed. 

 

        Jiyong blinked, confused. "You want to what?" He asked. 

 

        Chaerin sighed. "I want...." She groaned, not being able to say it and instead leaned forward again. 

 

        "CHAERIN!" 

 

        "UGH! NO!" Chaerin cried, stepping back. Why of all times did her dad have to call for her? 

 

        "Hunchae? Are you alright?" Jiyong asked, concerned for his girlfriend. 

 

        Chaerin looked at him. Should she tell him what was wrong. 

 

        "Oppa... I...." She sighed. "I wanted everything to be perfect. I wanted our first Christmas to be perfect. I just wanted to be able to have our first kiss tonight." She frowned. 

 

        Jiyong blinked. "Our first kiss?" 

 

        Chaerin nodded. "Yes, oppa. Our first kiss. We have been dating for so long and we have yet to kiss. I have been waiting for you to kiss me, but you never do. Do you not want to kiss me, oppa?" 

 

        Jiyong sighed. "Chae, it's not that. It's just... gosh... I can't believe you have been thinking about this." He pulled her back into his arms. "Look it's not that I don't want to kiss you. It's just I was worried that with the playboy rep that I have, that you would think I would only want one thing from you. I wanted to wait to kiss you, so I could show you how much you mean to me. I love you, Lee Chaerin."  

 

        Chaerin smiled. "Jiyong Oppa." She placed a hand against his cheek. "If I asked you to kiss me now, would you?" 

 

        Jiyong grinned. "You don't even have to ask." He then leaned down, pressing his lips against hers. 

 

        Chaerin simply melted. The kiss was everything she wanted it to be. The feel of Jiyong's lips against hers was heaven. 

 

        They pulled apart at the same time, smiling and blushing. "I love you too, Jingyo Oppa." Chaerin smiled. 

 

        Jiyong smiled back. "You know, the mistletoe in your room is a nice touch. You sure were determined to get a kiss from me, weren't you?" 

 

        Chaerin blushed. "Hey, a girls got to do what a girls got to do." She chuckled and looked up at her ceiling that was decorated with mistletoe. 

 

        Jiyong laughed and kissed her again. 

 

        Chaerin sighed into the kiss. Okay, so maybe their first Christmas hadn't went how she wanted it, but she did get her first kiss underneath the mistletoe and she was happy with that. 

 

        "Chaerin, dear. It's time for Jiyong and you to come eat.... OH MY GOODNESS!"  

 

        Chaerin and Jiyong jumped apart at the sound of Mrs. Lee's voice.  

 

        "I'm sorry. I didn't see anything." Mrs. Lee said, quickly turning away and heading downstairs. 

 

        "THEY ARE WHAT?!?!" they heard Mr. Lee shout. "I'M GOING TO KILL THAT BOY!" 

 

        Jiyong gulped. "Your dad is going to kill me. I told you he hated me." 

 

        Chaerin patted him on the back. "I won't let that happen, oppa." She smiled at him and pulled him back into another kiss. 

 

        "Merry Christmas, Oppa." She said in between their kisses. 

 

        "Merry Christmas, Hunchae." 

 

 


OMG I REALLY WANTED TO HAVE THIS OUT BEFORE CHRISTMAS WAS OVER, BUT I WAS NOT ABLE TOO! SO DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF! Anyway a Late Merry Christmas to all! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, cause I know I did. I didn't to make this one-shot longer, but since I wanted it out before Christmas, I started to rush it towards the end and of course I still didn't make my deadline lol. I still hope you all enjoy it.