One

The Extraordinary

The clock was ticking slowly,

tic, toc 

tic, toc 

tic, toc 

tic, toc

and,

.

.

.

RRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

 

“It’s a brand new day!” Nicole said as she jumped out of her bed once she heard the alarm clock  and starts teleporting here and there as she was excited for school.

“Hey! I swear you gonna scare the hell outta my parents if they’re around!” Jiyoung warned Nicole.

 “But they aren’t~” Nicole replied while wearing her shoes. “Hurry, hurry!! Let’s go to school!” She is one wild angel.

“It’s still early! Let me finish my breakfast!!!” Jiyoung shouted across.

Nicole dropped herself onto the sofa and starts mumbling, “Why are humans so troublesome?” Well, sometimes it’s hard to understand people that are different from you.

“I can hear you!!!” Jiyoung shouted again. “We are not troublesome!” She stomped her feet and pouted.

“Oops.” Nicole covered with her hands and giggled.  “Alright, alright. Let’s drop that topic~ Hm, I wonder how will our new school be like.” She turned her body facing Jiyoung who was walking towards the shoe shelves.

“It's just another boring school.” Jiyoung put on her shoes and they left the house.

After arriving at the school, Nicole and Jiyoung went to their own classes respectively. Nicole used her x-ray eyes to scan her classmates one by one. There was only one non-human being detected. A pretty doll-like girl, sitting at the back of the classroom alone. Nicole went forward and sat on the empty seat next to the girl.

“Hi! I’m Nicole!” Nicole greeted the girl with her eye-smile.

The girl stared at Nicole for a moment and said, “Goo Hara.”

“Such a sweet name you have, let’s be friends!” Nicole extended her right hand out for a hand shake.

“I don’t need friends.” Hara rejected and looked away.

Nicole leaned foward to Hara and whispered, “Of course you need, vampires can have friends too.”

Hara didn’t speak a word. She just nodded her head to show Nicole that she accepted her as a friend. Honestly, not even the emotionless vampire can resist angel's friendliness. They kept quiet throughout the lessons, appeared to be listening attentively to their teachers but, they were actually mentally communicating with each other.

Nicole: How long have you been staying on Earth?

Hara: Ever since my world was invaded.

Nicole: I’m sorry about it. Do you like Earth?

Hara: Kind of.

Nicole: This place is beautiful, isn’t it?

Hara: Why do you talk so much?

Nicole: Humans talk a lot! My friend, Jiyoung is a chatty person!

Hara: We are different.

Nicole: You need to behave like a human if you’re going to stay here!

Hara: …

Nicole: Oh well. You’re just unfamiliar with it. Lunch together?

Hara: I drink blood. Only.

Nicole: It’s worth trying out new things. My treat, ok?

Hara: …

Nicole: Silence means consent!

Once you made friends with an angel, you can never get rid of them. Hara had no choice but to join Nicole and Jiyoung for lunch. She could sense someone watching her from far, she zoomed her vision in and noticed a guy looking at their direction covering half of his face with a book . It made her felt really uncomfortable. She stood up immediately and walked away leaving Nicole and Jiyoung behind.

“Hara! Where are you going?” Jiyoung asked but Hara didn’t respond and continued walking.

“Avoid.” Nicole replied.

“Avoid? How do you know?” Jiyoung was at a loss.

“I read minds, my dear.” Nicole answered.

Hara strolled to the quiet school garden and took a seat on a bench. Not knowing someone was following her at the back this time. She closed her eyes to keep her mind calm before blending in with the environment. She loves how the sun warms her cold body up. She enjoyed listening to birds chirping, and inhaling the scents of Mother Earth. Then, someone interrupted her peaceful moment. She opened her eyes and to her surprise, she saw that guy who had been watching her at the canteen standing in front of her. She remembered that pair of eyes.

“H... Hel... Hello.” That guy stuttered while waving awkwardly at Hara.

Hara didn’t response she just stared at that person coolly as she doesn’t like to communicate with humans. “I was wondering... if we can be friends.” That guy continued and scratched his head.

Before Hara could answer Nicole shouted, “Yes! Of course!” From the side as she walked towards them with Jiyoung, waving at that guy.

A wide smile appeared on that person's face, “My name is Donghae! Lee Donghae!” He introduced himself enthusiastically to the girls.

“Hello~ I’m Nicole, she’s Jiyoung and this is Hara.” Nicole emphasized on the word 'this' as she rests her hands on Hara’s shoulders.

“Hara..." Donghae murmured. "Oh um... Y’all wanna to hang out after school?” He asked with all his might.

“N-” Nicole knew what Hara was going to say, she covered quickly and said, “Sure!”

“That's great! See you girls at the school gate later!” Donghae waved and went off with a bright smile on his face.

Hara shifted herself off the bench swiftly and stood beside a tree, “What are you trying to do?!”

“Just helping you to take the first step of being a human!” Nicole winked.

Hara’s speed left Jiyoung’s jaw hanging loose. Jiyoung was completely dumbfounded. Her facial expression made Nicole laughed out loudly, “You will get used to it.” She said, patting her head.


I hope it was too lame. 

Enjoy! ^^

@cherryx3 
I've nv heard of it. Sorry.. >< Anyway, thanks for the support! Hehe. I will update again asap. :D