December 24th

Dream Catcher - Christmas Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who would have thought that we would be able to spend Christmas like this together? I don’t remember the last time I had such a happy time.”

“I guess we can call it a Christmas Miracle.”

Donghae slid his arms around Eunhyuk’s neck and pecked his lips, sensually.

“You are my one and only Christmas Miracle.”

And they kissed, under the protection of the mistletoe.  

***

Flashback - December 22nd

Donghae was sitting in front of the window in the warm and cozy living room, watching the scenery outside.

After Rinha's wedding the time had been passing by in the blink of an eye.

Soon the leafs all fell down from the trees and after the stormy November weather with heavy rain drops, got replaced by the charm of winter, but to his disappointment the first snow let him wait.

It was already the 22nd of December and still not a single, little snowflake had made his way down to earth.

But apart from that everywhere in the streets warm lights were shining and the stores were decorated in green and red and gold. People came together and laughter filled the city with something you only found at this time of the year.

It was Christmas.

Joyful songs and good wishes could be heard all over the place.

Donghae couldn't have been happier. Outside it was getting dark because of the twilight and a soft breeze was playing with the decorated treetops of the garden.

Right next to him was Eunhyuk with an arm around his wrist, watching him closely.

Smiling, the brunet turned around to face the dancer.

“It is beautiful, isn't it? Only the snow is missing.” he asked pointing at the streets with all the bright lights.

“Yes it is”, the blonde answered without tearing his gaze from his boyfriend. Rolling his eyes he said:

“I meant the scenery outside and not me you idiot. Have you even been listening to what I said earlier?”

Acting as if he was angry, Hae crossed his arms in front of his chest and turned back to show he wasn't amused about the others behavior.

But in reality he couldn't help the warm feeling he felt in his whole body whenever he was together with Eunhyuk in this way. Having his love near to him always made him happy and grateful for how far they had come.

And still, even though they were all fine now, the teasing and bickering only got worse in some way.

Just like now.

Being pulled into a back hug and feeling the others nose nestling into his neck it was hard to not lean back.

“Donghae?”

“...”

“Hae?”

“...”

“Hae I'm sorry”, the dancer whined.

Suppressing a laugh, because his boyfriend was too cute, the brunet didn't move.

“Common forgive me already. I will do anything I promise.”

This made him turn around.

“Really anything?” Donghae asked and the blonde nodded with puppy eyes.

“Okay I will forgive you...”

“Thank you”, the other exclaimed excited and gave him a peck because he didn't let the brunet finish.

“If... you go Christmas shopping with me tomorrow.”

Seeing the shocked face of his boyfriend, Donghae hugged him lovingly.

“Remember you said you would do anything!” he said when Eunhyuk tried to protest and walked out of the door.

Then he walked away with a satisfied grin on his face to get some snacks for the movie they wanted to watch. Sometimes it was good that the blonde boy didn't listen closely to what he was saying, because now they wouldn't argue about the shopping matter anymore, but he still remembered when they did.

The dancer had been at his house and they were bickering around like they always did.

But they still had to watch it, because Hae's parents didn't know he and Eunhyuk were a couple.

And it would probably be a little bit weird if the ex- boyfriend of your dead daughter is going out with your son a few years later. And too much of a drama.

Luckily his parents had decided to go on a vacation trip with his cousin during Christmas. They had asked him if he wanted to join them, but who was he, to miss a chance like this to spend his holidays with his boyfriend.

So in the end Donghae had told them he wanted to spend Christmas with his friends, now that he had fully recovered again.

They had accepted it without any protest and now here they were. Eunhyuk was coming over nearly every day and sometimes it felt like they were an old married couple already.

Even so the brunet couldn't care less. His life was finally perfect and he wouldn't spend the most love- filled time of the year neither with dark thoughts of his past nor any doubts about his luck.

When he came back to the living room with a huge bowl of popcorn and some drinks, the blonde had already prepared the couch for them with some blankets and pillows and the movie only had to be started.

Putting the food on the small table next to them, Donghae sat in front of the elder and made himself comfy.

And even though Hyuk was still pouting a bit he put his arms back around the brunet and pulled him close to his chest. It was one of the things they had learned in their relationship... to make compromises. Sometimes it wasn't all easy to do, but it seemed that even the blonde with his temper didn't want to argue or fight during Christmas and Hae was really thankful for that. They had already fought too much in the past. Now they were watching the movie in peace, cuddled together and enjoying the others warmth.

Time was passing by rather quickly and soon enough they cleaned up everything and went upstairs to get ready for bed.

While putting his pajamas on, Donghae heard the dancer walking around in the bathroom with bare feet, because he had been taking a shower just now.

“Hae have you seen my toothbrush? I can't find it.”

Smiling to himself the brunet went to his closet and took a small bag out of it. He had removed all the stuff of the dancer in case his parents would come to his room.

Opening the door the brunet just stood there quite shocked and blushed hard...  he should have been used to it already but somehow he wasn't. It was just like Eunhyuk to get out of the shower with a towel around his hips that was showing more than it actually covered.

The blonde turned around to him when he heard the door opening and smiled when he saw the bag in his boyfriend’s hands.

“Thank you I will be done in a few minutes so you can use the bathroom next”, he said and went back to getting ready for bed.

But sensing the stares of the other on his back he turned his head one last time, wearing an evil grin.

“Or do you want to join me. You know I forgot my pajama and the towel is pretty wet and cold... mind giving me a hand to warm up again later?”

Blushing even more, Donghae didn't know what to say.

“Lee freaking Hyukjae!” he just screamed, ran back to his closet just to return after a few seconds, throwing some pajamas at his boyfriend and left the room with closing the door, hearing the dancers laughter behind him.

In the end everything turned out just fine. Eunhyuk walked out of the bathroom with pajamas on after a few minutes and then it was Donghae's turn to get ready.

It was nearly midnight when they finally lay cuddled together in his bed and slowly faded away to their dream lands in each other’s embrace with a smile on their faces.

***

Now - December 23th

Saying the shopping malls and the streets looked amazing would have been an understatement.

It was seriously breathtaking.

There were shining lights and decorations everywhere. Behind the windows of all the shops it looked like the owners had a competition with the best or the most Christmas lights or the most decorations or both.

And still it was beautiful.

Some of the lights looked like a reindeer with a sleigh and others like a Christmas tree with a star on top of it.

It was like you were floating in a sea of flashing colors caused by the shining lights everywhere. Even the once empty and dark looking trees outside in the streets were abloom again with them and other twinkling things.

The golden warmth they were sending gave a certain glamour and peaceful spell among the malls, shops and streets. It was as if they were warming you from the inside while it was freezing and cold from the outside and you had to wear a ton of clothes and bonnets which were nearly too big but needed to cover the whole head.

But the joy everywhere around made all of the small bothers disappear and people beard to look like snowmen in human form, because they got the feeling of Christmas in return.

***

They’ve been at it for two hours already. With a lot of effort and some emotional blackmail, Donghae succeeded in making Eunhyuk come with him do the Christmas shopping. For the brunet, to choose their families and friend’s gifts was an important part of Christmas time. And at the same time it was a moment they could spend together, it could be fun. But Eunhyuk was making it as little fun as possible by complaining nonstop.

It wasn't surprising that the malls were crowded with many who wanted to get a present, short before Christmas or just have a look at the beauty around. And even the streets were filled and turned to life.

Christmas really brought the humans together to share a good time every year. Laughter and low music was to be heard all over the place and Donghae couldn't suppress his excitement, while an anxious Eunhyuk was following him.

To say it short for him it looked like a magical scenery of life and joy, for people like Hyuk it was more of an overcrowded place with too many things that tried to catch your attention all at once and were causing you a headache with all the twinkling and shining.

Seeing it like this the brunet was convinced that his view of it was definitely the better one.

And so he continued to enjoy himself while his boyfriend just had to catch up with his enthusiasm. They spent hours looking for the right gifts and in they finally ended the day satisfied from their choices.

Now it was time to give t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter