Encounter

Extramundane

Encounter


 

"I'm a master of fright and a demon of light"

 

The bell of the door never get tired of ringing from this morning until now. It's nearly twilight right now and I'm still standing, welcoming the new customers. The owner of this cafe is a bit weird for God's sake because he always wait for the morning sun to open his cafe then close when the moon hang beautifully on the night sky. I wonder how if the weather turn bad and the sun doesn't show up. Will he close the cafe or still operate? I'm not so sure because today is my first day working here and fortunately the weather turn out great.

Luckily, my colleagues told me about the owner's behavior before I start my interview with him. He's so nerd with a big spectacle and full gel on his hair, making he looks like a psycho or something like that. When I first enter his office room to start the interview, he gives me a creepy look as he's staring at me up and down and rub the back of his neck. I wonder how he can be a manager. But ignoring his sinister stares, I just take a sit in front of him and introduce myself.

He said he loved to hear my voices and it's make me want to shut my mouth for the whole day in the cafe. Plus, I don't want him to hear my voice and fall for me. I feel like giving up in this job but I need some money to paid the bills. My parent divorced a year ago and I ran away from home. I just can't bear hearing their argument saying that I'm a burden to them. I overheard their conversation that day and it's so heartbreaking.

Dad said it's a mistake to have me in this world and mum just agreed with him. Mum asked dad to takes care of me since mum has a job. She's a model. But dad forced mum to stop her job and take care of me. Dad is a successful businessman. Both of them didn't want to give in so the only way to winning, they choose to divorced. Frustrating with them, I ran away to my grandparent's home that place far far far away from my house. 

My grandparent is the only one who love me so much. They didn't regret when I'm born in this world. So, to repay their love to me, I decide to paid the bills by myself. It's not like my grandparent is poor but they are too old to work. Grandpa loved to spend his whole day to make a new furniture while grandma loved to baked a cake. I guess I'm a lucky girl to have such a talented grandparent.

 

"Yah, Kim Jisoo. The owner is looking for you." One of my colleague call me and point to the door of the hell.  Seriously, why did he bother to look after me? I don't want to meet him either. It's so annoying.

"Ahhhhh, whyyyy?" I whine while stomp my feet in protest. Hana laughs at me after saw my reaction.

"Yah, don't act like that. Manager Park Hyun Woo will fall more for you." Hana said between her laugh while slap her hand to the table.

 

Aigoo, if actor Lee Hyun Woo is the manager, I will gladly enter his room without whining.

 

"Haishhh." This is my 10th sigh for today. I really don't want to meet him. What the hell.

 

 


 

 

I stop right in front of the door while stare at it for a quite minutes. Somehow I can feel a terrifying aura around his room. Why these thing keep happened to me? I turn the knob and the eerie sound come out as I push the door slowly with my kick. I feel like cursing every time I see his face but..

 

"Do you call for me, Mr Park?" I said while grit my teeth, force a sweet smile in front of him. He looks at me with  both of his hand on the table and rest his chin on it. Smile.

"Sit." He command and like usual, he looks at me up and down. I close my eyes while grit my teeth before I slowly walk to the chair in front of him.

 

I feel so uncomfortable under his staring. Plus, in this work's uniform. We need to wear a white shirt with a black skirt. I hate it the way he looks at me. I try to ignore his presence as I take a sit in front of him.

 

"Just call me oppa from now on." He excitedly said. Oppa? Oh God, this guy is really killing me. Just looking at his face, the words oppa can't easily leave from my mouth, I feel like vomit and I really want to escape from this room as soon as possible. 

"Oppa?" I said, sounding like questioning but for his ear, I swear he will thinks that I just call him when he said,

"Yes, oppa is here." He said, looking down on his table but I can see his corner lips turn upwards. I gulp down a saliva once and bow to him. I really need to get out from this room or else he will said something weird like 'Jisoo ah, let's go to my house' or 'I love you from deep in my heart.' 

 

Shaking of the silly thought, I quickly run to the door way. As I about to turn the knob to the right, something stop me by grabbing my wrist. I nervously turn my head and a big lips surprise me. His lips only a few inch from my lips. Without thinking anything, I push his face away from get closer to mine and leave his room. 

 

"Hana ah, I need to go home first. Something up in my house." I lie, this is the only way to escape from this moment. I can't believe how the manager or should I call a nerdy glasses guy with a gel on his hair that make him look like crazy psycho try to seduce with me using his lips. If I turn my face quickly before, I may end up kissing him. No, I may end up losing my first kiss to that guy. 

 

I didn't wait for Hana's reply as I don't want to stay here any longer. As I step outside from this cafe, there's two feelings inside my heart. First is fear and another one is relief. Finally, I am free even for a while. The darkness along the way to my home is no joke, I barely see the road with only the moonlight as the road light didn't works. And I feel relief because I finally escape from the cafe but...what's the point to feel relief right now when tomorrow I need to meet him again.

 

"Ahhh, I almost swear in front of that guy." I kick all the things that happen to be in front of me.

 

As I walk along the darkness way, I feel someone follow me up. The sounds of footstep clearly greet my ear. I can feel how close that person is from my back. The thumps of my heart sound so loud and it's almost escape from my own body. What's this feeling? Don't tell me that the owner follow me until here. What if he hold a grudges towards me since I push him just now. What if he wants to kill me? I don't want to be killed by the ugly guy. Why is the world play unfair with me.

With a full speed, I turn to my back and a strong wind hit me. I feel a bit of nervous because I'm going through the moment where's all the character in the drama feel when they're going to be murdered. The atmosphere also look exactly like in a killer drama. Maybe this is my last day. I need to accept it as I can't change it.

I rub my eyes when the wind blow through my face. Then, I see a few guys far away from me walk in a black clothes towards me. Seriously, they look like a serial killer. But then, I see one of them walk forward then disappear . I quickly blink my eyes and open back to see that the disappear guy already stand right in front of me with a mask on his face. Fortunately, I already prepared myself if something like this happen.

 

"Don't come closer to me!" I said while swing my bag to him.