First of the Season

First of the Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[CONTENTID1] First of the Season[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] *Hyuk's POV*

"First snow of the season," I sighed, looking out my window.

I've always hated the first snow of the season each year. Honestly, I love snow—especially the first snow of the season. It's just the memories that come with it lately aren't that loving.

I decided to go out for a walk to clear my mind and see if my love for the first snow might come back, but I doubt it will this year.

I strolled to the nearest park and sat on a bench. I looked up at the falling snow and stuck my tongue out. A few snow flakes landed on my tongue and slowly melted. I smiled and looked back down at my feet.

"Enjoying the first snow of the season too?" a soft voice asked.

I looked up and saw a girl about my age smiling.

"Not really," I replied.

Her smile faded as she sat next to me, "why not? It's beautiful."

I nodded, "it is. I guess my mind’s just clouded with bad memories."

She nodded with an expression that seemed like she understood what I was saying.

"I know how you feel, but if you don't let go of the past memories, you'll never be truly happy," she said.

"I've tried, but it's harder to do than said."

"What happened that is so hard to let go?" she asked.

I stayed silent, wondering if I should really tell this girl or not.

"Sorry. You don't have to tell me if you don't to," she said.

Something about her just made me felt like I can trust her.

"Well, it was just a couple of years ago," I began.

"I was deeply in love with my girlfriend, and she was in love with me too. Or at least that's what I thought. I caught her...I caught her cheating on me on the same day as the first snowfall. Which pretty much sums up why I hate the first snow of the season now."

By the time I finished the short summary of why I hate the first snow, my eyes were watering. Slowly, one by one tears fell to the ground.

The girl leaned over and wiped the tears away with her delicate hands.

"Sh~. It's ok," she cooed.

"I'm sorry," I sniffled, "what is your name?"

"My name is Eunsun. What's your name?"

"I'm Hyuk."

"Nice to meet you, Hyuk. Though if you can't let go of that memory, why don't you just make better memories to help you forget or cover that bad one up?"

I thought about what she said and smiled, "would you like to help me?"

"Me? Why?"

"You seem like you understand what I'm going through, and you're the only person who bothered to ask me about this."

Eunsun nodded, "let's just say I had my fair share of memories of the first snowfall."

"So will you help me?" "Of course! I don't have anything else planned for the rest of the day,” she chuckled/

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter