Mark at X-Mas - MarkSon

Mark at Christmas

Hello, Dear Readers!

A one-shot about X-Mas and a jealous Jackson. I had to post it because I could see the story in my head.

I enjoyed writing it, so I hope you'll enjoy reading it!


 

Mark at Christmas - Markson

https://38.media.tumblr.com/9dedd36affcf8257e65da34ca2ac55b3/tumblr_n328pmllsF1tpsazyo1_500.gif

 

"Merry Christmas, everybody," Jackson boomed as he entered the room.

He was the last one of the friends to arrive because he promised his boss that he would close up the training centre. Everyone else had family and partners to get home to, so he volunteered to stay later. But finally, he finished and was able to make it over to Mark's for the Christmas party.

They had all agreed to do a Secret Santa gift-giving instead of buying things for each individual person and Jackson got BamBam.

He was disappointed. He'd wanted Mark.

He'd found the perfect present for him and he'd wanted to see the look on his face when he got it. But, JaeBum had got him instead.

He searched the room to find Mark, but he was nowhere to be seen. So, he headed to the kitchen.

Mark was putting the finishing touches on a Christmas cake. He looked up from his work and smiled.

"Hey, Jackson! You're here! I was wondering where my partner-in-crime got to," he said.

Jackson was usually not the type to be at a loss for words, but hearing Mark refer to him as his 'partner-in-crime' made his insides suddenly pulse and flip.

"I just got off work . . . is there anything I can help you with?"

"You can make the coffee," Mark smiled.

That smile is going to be the death of me . . .

"No problem!" Jackson grinned.

*                                 *                                 *                                 *                                 *

Everyone had handed out their presents to one another and opened them. JaeBum's present to Mark wasn't too hard to guess.

"Hmmm, with a shape like this, what could it be?" Mark joked.

JaeBum looked slightly embarrassed. The thing was a sphere. There could only be a couple of choices.

"I think it's a mould of JB's head so that you can have him around all the time. Get it, a-round?"

"Jackson, that is the absolute WORST joke I've ever heard in my life," Jia said. "Come on, Mark, open it and put JB out of his misery."

Mark unwrapped the present and it was, as everyone had expected, a ball. But it was very special, nonetheless. It was a basketball. Mark's had been damaged about four months before and he'd just not got around to buying a new one. He'd mentioned it once or twice, but never thought that anyone had taken much notice. But, JaeBum had, apparently. Also, it was one of the higher-quality brands. It was really a very considerate and well-thought-out present.

"Thank you, JB. It's a great present," Mark said, hugging him.

Jackson felt something as he saw Mark's arms encircle JB's waist. It was something he didn't know how to describe. But it didn't feel very nice.

But, if anyone would have asked him if it was perhaps . . . jealousy . . . he would have denied it emphatically.

You can't get this jealous about someone who's just your friend, though. . . can you?

Mark was Min's Secret Santa and when she unwrapped his present, her eyes went wide.

It was the cutest all-in-one tiger sleep suit she'd ever seen.

"I've always wanted one of these!" she exclaimed.

JoKwon and Mark looked at each other as JoKwon tapped the side of his nose, indicating a secret between them. Kwon had been the one to give him the tip as to what to get Min. They were closer friends so he'd had a better idea as to what she would want. Judging by her reaction, he was right.

But Jackson had no clue about any of that. All he could think when he saw what the gift was, was 'sleepwear? That's a little intimate, isn't it'?

Then he felt that feeling again.

Afterwards, they started playing games. As the night went on, they decided to play 'Truth or Dare'. During one round, Mark chose 'dare'.

"Are you sure you wouldn't rather have 'truth'?" Jackson found himself saying.

Why did I just say that?

Probably because the person deciding on the dare was DaeHyun. And, DaeHyun knew no boundaries.

"Okay," he said with a smirk, "kiss JinYoung."

Just then, Jackson felt that feeling again, but this time it was coupled with the desire to rip DaeHyun's smug head off.

JinYoung smiled widely and gestured to Mark to come closer.

Jackson felt the sudden urge to spring across the room and impenetrably between the two. But, he stayed put.

It's only a game . . . it's only a game . . .

As Mark drew closer to him, JinYoung tapped his cheek, showing where Mark should plant the kiss. Mark then placed a brief, chaste kiss there.

Jackson exhaled audibly.

"Was that a sigh of relief, Jackson?" BamBam joked.

Jackson just laughed it off, but then as soon as he was sure no one was looking, he made eye-contact with BamBam filled with a promise of a slap round the head.

But then he caught himself. Why was he having all these weird thoughts about ripping heads off and slapping people?

Pull yourself together. . .

Finally the party wound down and guests started leaving. They all agreed to meet together for brunch the next morning. Before long, the only person left behind was Jackson. He started clearing away the glasses that were in the living room.

"You've had a long day, aren't you tired?" Mark asked as Jackson carried the glasses into the kitchen where Mark was packing the dishwasher.

"No, I'm okay," he smiled.

"You don't have to stay behind to help. It's okay if you want to go," Mark said thoughtfully.

"I don't mind helping," Jackson replied. "So, I'll stay for a little while, if that's okay with you."

 

They both collapsed next to each other on the sofa. The flat was dark as they watched the lights on the tree. It felt nice just lounging next to each other and relaxing. Jackson was leaning on Mark's chest as they often had almost as long as they'd known each other.

That's what friends are for . . .

"Do you want something to drink? I can get it for you," Jackson offered.

"You don't have to," Mark responded.

"I know I don't have to, but I'm going to go get something, so I can bring you something if you want."

"No, just come back soon. Or else I'll get cold," Mark said smiling.

Does he have to keep smiling at me like that? Mark really did have the most beautiful smile, he decided.

Just then, Jackson felt another bang-flip! deep inside.

"I'll be right back."

*                                 *                                 *                                 *                                 *

When he came back, he had one hand behind his back. The other was empty.

"I thought you were getting something to drink," Mark said.

"I said I was going to get something, I didn't say exactly what that was." He brought his hand slowly out from behind his back. "Merry Christmas, Mark."

Mark didn't know what to say. He hadn't expected this.

"Can you take it before my arm falls off," Jackson wisecracked.

Mark unwrapped the box and opened it. He was shocked. It was something he'd wanted for a long time, but couldn't afford to buy.

It was a limited edition skateboard he'd had his eye on for a long time. He'd been putting money away for it for over six months. And now, here it was in his hands.

"Jackson, I don't know what to say," he breathed in surprise.

"Your face is saying it all. I'm just glad you like it," he smiled.

"Like it? I love it!" Mark exclaimed. "Thank you."

He then got off the sofa and Jackson thought he was going to hug him. But he just strode past him calling "I'll be right back," over his shoulder as he disappeared down the hall.

Jackson tried not to feel disappointed, but he couldn't help it. He flung himself on the sofa and exhaled frustratedly.

Mark returned. With his hand behind his back.

He sat next to Jackson and pulled out what he'd been hiding. "Merry Christmas, Jackson."

Jackson was, for once, speechless.

Mark pressed the present into Jackson's hand. "Take it before my arm falls off," he smiled.

Jackson unwrapped and opened the box. He was shocked.

It was a high-end fencing mask and a metallic over-glove.

This must have cost him a fortune.

Indeed, it had. Mark hadn't been able to buy himself the skateboard he wanted because he wanted to buy the mask and glove for Jackson. And Jackson couldn't afford to buy a new mask and glove because he wanted to give Mark the skateboard.

Both had sacrificed what they wanted in order to give something special to the other.

"Thank you, Mark. You shouldn't have, but . . . thank you," Jackson said with heartfelt sincerity. He felt so moved that Mark would do this for him, he tried very hard to hold back the tears that were forming in his eyes. He blinked repeatedly and held his head back, willing them to run back into the ducts. He placed the box on the floor and turned towards Mark. But just then, Mark slipped an arm around his shoulder and pulled him close.

They lounged side by side for a while in silence. Then Mark asked quietly, "did you notice something?"

"What?"

"That we've been sitting under mistletoe all this time."

Jackson looked up and there it was. Mistletoe was suspended from the ceiling above their heads. He was just about to make a joke when he turned to look at Mark. Mark's expression was soft and sweet with his eyes half-closed as he stared back at Jackson.

Jackson lifted his hand to lightly touch the side of Mark's face. Mark's eyes slowly closed as he felt Jackson's fingers tracing his jaw . . . sliding ever downward to his chin. He cupped Mark's chin and leaned forward. He felt Mark's breath against his skin as their lips brushed against each other's. Mark's lips felt soft against his own as he pressed forward. Then, leaning his head to one side, he moved in closer to capture Mark's lips with his. Mark's lips moved against his, slightly opening as he returned his kiss. Jackson then pulled away just far enough to look at Mark's face, to see if he could read in his expression if he felt the same.

Flip-Bang! Jackson felt it pound hard deep inside him. But this time, there was no doubt as to what it was.

He leaned in and pulling him close, he kissed Mark intensely, the seam between his his lips, inviting him to deepen the kiss. Mark's arms wrapped around Jackson's neck as his fingers tangled in his hair. As their kisses grew longer and stronger Jackson lowered Mark onto the sofa and lay atop him, kissing his lips, cheeks, chin and neck. Mark's moans in his ear, only emboldened him as he moved sensually against him . . .

*                                 *                                 *                                 *                                 *

"Mark," Jackson asked as they lay together afterwards. "I know that I probably shouldn't ask this, but . . . what did that mean . . . I mean, it doesn't have to mean anything . . . I just . . . "

Mark raised himself so that his face hovered above Jackson's. He looked him straight in the eye before answering.

"It meant everything," he said before kissing Jackson tenderly. "Everything," he breathed. "Do you understand?"

Jackson's eyes swept over Mark's face. He could see the truth in every word he said.

"Yes, I understand," he said softly. "It meant everything to me, too."

"Good," Mark said, kissing him once more. " Now let's get some sleep. We'll have a lot of questions to field at brunch tomorrow."

Then, the both of them wrapped their arms around each other and began to sink into sleep. But just before he drifted off Jackson kissed Mark's temple gently and said, "Merry Christmas, Mark."

"Merry Christmas, Jackson."

 

http://33.media.tumblr.com/a3daf659cbcc5ebf027983b24b222f72/tumblr_n8t6uyc40v1tqqj2xo4_250.gif


 

Hope you liked it. If so, please let me know by commenting and upvoting.

Also, I hope you'll check out my other fics!

Thanks for reading! (*^_^)