Part 3

Her Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[[[Part 3]]]

 

[Flashback]

 

Sent to: Ji Hyo Unnie   Time: 4.13pm

Hey, are you sick? I passed by your office and I thought of visiting you but you’re not in. I called you but you didn't pick up. Is everything fine? Call me as soon as you see this kay? Hugs.

 

Hebe kept looking at her sent message since the afternoon. It was past Ji Hyo’s working hour but she did not get any reply or calls from Ji Hyo. She got worried and decided to pay her visit at her house.

 

"YAHH! UNNIE!" Hebe shouted for the umpteen times on her door. She tried calling again but to no avail. Her phone was turned off and she started to get annoyed at the beeping tone that answers her every time.

 

She gave a sigh and decided to enter her house on her own as she knows the number combinations to the lock pad.

 

After keying in the combination, she entered the house and was greeted by the empty living room. She went straight to her bedroom and found Ji Hyo lying on the bed in the dark.

 

She the side table lamp and saw Ji Hyo’s pale face.

 

"Unnie!"

 

She gently caresses her forehead. It was hot and she could see beads of cold sweat trickling down. She looked to her side table by the bed and saw anti-emetic pills.

 

She must have eaten something wrong.

 

"Unnie, how are you feeling?” Hebe asked softly in a worried tone. “Can you hear my voice?" She patted her cheek gently.

 

Ji Hyo’s eyes slowly open and she was surprised to see Hebe standing by her bedside.

 

"…Y-you came..." Ji Hyo spoke weakly. "I-I think I ate something wrong...I—...vomiting….whole day..." She barely could finish her sentence.

 

Hearing this, Hebe remembered a traditional Chinese remedy for food poisoning that her mum fed her when she was younger. She drove to the nearest mart to get some dried ake mushroom. From what she knew feeding boiled mushroom water can cure food poisoning.

 

She came back and quickly prepared the medication. While waiting for the mushrooms to boil, she stayed by her bed. Using a warm towel, she wiped away Ji Hyo’s cold sweat and made sure she’s hydrated by giving her small scoops of water. As soon as the mushroom water is done, she brought them over to Ji Hyo.

 

"W-What is this..?"

 

Hebe helped Ji Hyo up and made her lean against the head of the bed frame.

 

"This is boiled mushroom water. It's going to helped to clear your stomach."

 

"But it smells weird..." Ji Hyo whined looking at the clear brownish liquid. Her forehead frowned as Hebe gave her a mouthful.

 

"Trust me…It's good for your body and it will make you vomit out all the bad stuff...I know it may taste bad but be a good girl okay?" She hushed. Hebe reached out Ji Hyo’s hand and patted her hair.

 

Obediently, Ji Hyo drank all that Hebe fed her. It was not something tasty but she drank for the sake of Hebe.

 

"And you'll feel like vomiting very soon…so be prepared."

 

Hebe helped Ji Hyo slowly to the toilet and sat by the toilet bowl with her.

 

"You sure you going to stay here? It’s not a pretty scene." Ji Hyo laughed weakly. “Now I’m a bit embarrassed for you to see me in this state.” Ji Hyo had a messy bun tight up, top with a loose baggy shirt and pants and a worn out face.

 

"What are you saying? Of course I'll stay by your side, silly." She flashed out a warm smile.

 

As expected, after drinking the boiled water, Ji Hyo vomits out everything. It was painful for Hebe to watch how Ji Hyo struggles to keep up with the vomit reflex. Ji Hyo literally felt like she’s going to vomit out her entire system.

 

Hebe could only brush her hand up and down her back, gently soothing her back. "Everything is going to be fine..."

 

 

Ji Hyo opened her eyes and the sky is still dark. She does not know how long she has slept but she felt so much better. She charged her battery-dead phone and turned it on. It was 4am. There were 32 missed calls. 19 calls were from the company and the rest was from Hebe. She felt guilty immediately.

 

She must have really gotten worried for me.

 

Then she heard noises in the kitchen. She got up from bed and slowly walked out of the room. She was surprised to see Hebe moving about in the kitchen.

 

"Hey..." Ji Hyo called out.

 

Hebe turned as she heard Ji Hyo's weak voice. "You're up? How are you feeling?" Hebe let go of the task

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter