Part 1

Her Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[[[Part 1]]]

 

She opened her eyes and blinked a few times. The white ceiling decorated with black stars stares back at her. It took her awhile before she turned to her side table; clock showing 7am. It was her usual working morning. She crawled out of the bed groggily and entered the bathroom.

 

Running through her chest-length hair to the back reveals her wide forehead; she stares back at her own reflection. Her gaze then drifted to the reflection of the digital calendar hanging on the bathroom wall.

 

16th November.

 

It’s the 5th month already.

 

They are separated 5 months ago.

 

It was more than 160 days ago, but their times spent together are still vivid in her mind.

 

She grabbed her favourite skinny jeans from her wardrobe and easily slides into it. Topped with her favourite black leather jacket over a casual white tee, she heads outside of her room.

 

She poured herself a bowl of corn flakes cereal and added few pieces of chopped strawberries. She never liked adding milk into her cereal because she hates eating soggy cereal and she's lactose intolerance in the morning.

 

She settled down at the couch in her living room with the bowl in her hand. As she ate mouthful by mouthful once again her mind drifted off. She remembered how they try to spend every breakfast together, as breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

 

They knew each other through work. They clicked off almost immediately as friends because they found out how they complement each other and sometimes a total opposite. She doesn’t eat cereal in milk and the other one loves it with milk. She's a little casual, bubbly and independent but the other is straightforward, sometimes moody but endearing. She enjoys watching drama while the other enjoys listening to music, Beatles to be exact. Most importantly they are comfortable around each other.

 

They shares most of their life’s' details together, their heartbreaks, their accomplishments, their inside jokes, problems and all. Long talks were spent over coffees dates until the wee hours. As their friendship grows, feelings started developing too.

 

She took out a green diary and a pen from her working bag. She flipped to beginning of the unwritten pages.

 

Entry: #218   Time: 7.39am   Date: 16/12/14

 

"Hi,

 

It's the 21st again, can't help but you came into my mind today. I've remembered how we always eat breakfast together. Are you eating your breakfast now too? Today I ate your favourite strawberries cornflakes. If you knew this you'll definitely snatched it away and leave non for me >__<

 

JH."

 

After washing the dishes, she quickly grabbed the keys to her car.

 

 

"Hey morning Ji Hyo! You're early today." Kwang Soo chirped as he stood up from his seat.  

 

"Oh hey Kwang Soo, you're early yourself too." She smiled.  

 

Ji Hyo was about to walk past him to her office before he stopped her. "….I was in the breakfast shop earlier...so I grabbed you a coffee as well..." Kwang Soo said as he passed a cup of hot Americano to her. “Not sure what you like so I bought Americano for you.”

 

Ji Hyo went silent momentarily looking at the cup of coffee in her hand. She then looked back at him. 

 

"….Well thank you for your coffee...but I’ve stopped drinking coffee for a while...” She let out an awkward smile. “…Perhaps you can give it to Yuri? I think she'll love something hot in the morning.”

 

Ji Hyo returned the coffee politely to Kwang Soo’s hand. “I’ll get back to my office then.”

 

She walked passed her subordinates office desk and entered her office room. She untangled the scarf around her and hangs it up on the stand.

 

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

 

"Yes, come in."

 

"Unnie, you rejected the coffee did you?" Yuri said with her head peering from the door.

 

"Kwang Soo-ssi gave you already?" She said in surprised tone.

 

"Unnie why don't you straight let him know that you're not interested in him?" Yuri said as she settled down on the couch opposite Ji Hyo’s desk. "He should really stop buying random stuff to guess what you actually like." Yuri never realized that she’s actually pouting while saying that.

 

"I know! But he never really asked me out...what do you want me to do about it?" Ji Hyo's eyes widened.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter