Jinjja

Moves Like Jagger

For the past few months, we can say that, uh, a few things might've happened. Hm, let's see, there's Joy's whole 'We Got Married' affair, GOT7's 'Just Right' era (to which they actually insisted quite annoyingly that they were perfectly charming-- I have no say in the matter whatsoever), the occasional birthdays here and there, maknae and leader-nim's frequent MC-ing, our comeback (to which we won a few wins, thank goodness), GOT7's most recent comeback, and of course, our anniversary.

 

 

It wasn't spent in a glamorous or cool or-- hip kind of style. I mean, just manager-nim, some family, a few sunbaes and our closest friends.

 

 

And yes, 'closest friends' included JYP's boys.

 

 

And now that I come to think of it, they are always ever present most of the time. I mean, ever since we were all trainees, we all kind of just... connected. It started with me and chicken, of coursein our bonding moments as best-friends-extraordinaire. And after that, things just kind of got out of hand and .. it just had the entire GOTVelvet gang around together since then. Ugh. What name is that though. GOTVelvet. The things our fans come up with, really.

 

 

"Penny for your thoughts?"

 

"What do you want, Jaebum?"

 

"Ah, Seulgi. Ever so cheery, aren't you?"

 

"Your sarcasm is very much unnecessary."

 

He chuckled and handed me a chocolate bar. Yas.

 

"That's more like it."

 

"I don't get a 'thank you', then?"

 

"You owe me this."

 

"She doesn't say 'thank you's. Or 'I'm sorry's for that matter."

 

Ah, Baechu. Such good timing, saving me the time from explaining such trivial things to this ape lover of yours.

 

"Why's that?"

 

"She believes that if it's used too often-- which is the polite thing to do, may I add, considering some circumstances, the expression loses it's meaning."

 

Jaebum did nothing but raise an eyebrow. Smooth. Irene, though, chuckled at the apparent confusion on his face.

 

"Let's just say that if you ever hear such expressions from Seulgi, you've cracked through that thick, thick wall of hers. Enough to get some meaningful words from her."

 

"It sounds like you're mocking me, Baechu."

 

I gave her a dull, sideways glance as if to say that she has indeed gotten inside my ""thick , thick wall"" with that chuckle of hers upon sharing my sentiments on the significance of word purport. To which she just gave me more of her 'adorable' chuckles. I bet Jaebum's thinking she's adorable right now, laughing at me.

 

And to prove my suspicions, there he is, neck slightly reddening in flush while he's openly ogling my leader.

 

Really.

 

I rolled my eyes, taking a handful of popcorn from the bucket that Irene had in her lap, not even doubting that she's about to start watching those horror movies that she likes to watch. And to avoid that, I stand up, leaving them alone to business.

 

I do hope that Jaebum understood that look I gave him. That man can be a bit daft sometimes.

 

Cue Bae Joohyun.

 

 

 

 

"So Jaebum-ah, have you seen the movie 'Edward Scissorhands'?"

 

 


 

"KANG SEULGIIIII"

 

Here I am, eyes closed and body laid down on the hammock out in the back garden of our dormitory, enjoying the solitude with this bowl of gummy worms perched atop my tummy. Thoughts have been serenely flying out my head, making me drown in them with numerous what-ifs and overthinking. Weirdly, I'd love for this moment to last forever, complete with the solitude and just the sound of wind blowing past my ears. But alas, nothing lasts forever.

 

I let out the tiniest 'hmm' I could muster that I doubt anyone could've heard it.

 

"KANG SEULGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--"

 

No need to shout, really.

 

"wuht"

 

"I'm in a psychological dilemma, noona..."

 

Oh no. Nop.

 

"Elaborate."

 

"Okay. Recently, I've had the hots--"

 

"--  for maknae, yes. Continue."

 

He blinked-- in surprise, presumably. I'm very perceptive, okay. In response, Bhuwakol, you get a shrug from me. Hah.

 

"But then, after these few months, I've figured that I don't. Like her, I mean."

 

I raise an eyebrow. I don't exactly see the dilemma in that.

 

"And that's just terribly wrong because?"

 

 

 

 

"I've fallen for Sooyoung instead."

 

Oh boy.

 


 

Teenagers these days, really.

I'm talking about the younger half of this generation, okay. Do they think that they could just have their feelings jump from one person to another??

 

 

Aish. Jinjja.

 

"Don't give me that look, noona. We've hung out recently ever since I've noticed those looks that she's giving me which were totally spiteful, by the way, and I just started pestering her about it and then we just started hanging out recently and..."

 

Okay. Is it not obvious that I've been spacing out? Ever since that bomb you just dropped, actually.

 

Ugh.

 

I'm so stressed. And it has nothing to do with me at all.

 

 

 

 

 

"Park Sooyoung--"

 

I stop in my tracks, holding the gummy worm halfway to my mouth while I stood at the doorway to the kitchen.

 

"Uhh, I didn't know we had a visitor."

 

The 'couple', I presume, both turned an amusing shade of pink, looking down at their respective laps in embarrassment.

 

Okay. If Khunpimook just burst himself into the kitchen, I think I'm gonna be even more stressed than ever in my entire existence.

 

Why am I in the middle of this, really?

 

"Erm, Seulgi-unnie...", she started, a tinge of shyness in her voice, her face, her everything.

 

Park Sooyoung does not do shy. She's SatanSoo for Merlin's sake.

 

".. I'm sure you already know him but.."

 

Ok that's slightly more Sooyoung than earlier.

 

 

 

 

"...this is Yook Sungjae."

 

"Well hi there, sunbaenim-slash-dongsaeng, my name is Kang--"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"SEULGI NOONA I'VE BEEN POURING MY HEART OUT HERE AND YOU JUST LEAVE ME---"

 

 

Crap. Really, though. Crap.

 


 

a/n:

Hi. I love you. And I'm sorry for being so super duper ultra extra major late with this update and I'm not gonna bother with reasons because those are reasons for a reason and it's no use wasting your time with my reasons. Heh. I love you guys and thanks for not giving up on me and this fic and I just hope you enjoy and comment and chill, ok? chu~

 

plus, who do you think should i ship wendy with? :)