1/2

Merry Christmas

If there was anything Min Yoongi hated more than exercising, it was Christmas. He found it pointless to celebrate something as mediocre as that with so much excitement and enthusiasm. While the other members moved around in the kitchen—preparing pasta, heating up the ham, and making hot chocolate for Christmas Eve—Yoongi stayed in his room, writing down lyrics on his notebook.

 
 
The noise in the kitchen was making it hard for him to focus; the pots and pans were too loud, and so were the conversations and laughter. With a frustrated groan, he left his notebook on the table and flopped down on his bed, covering his ears with the pillows.
 
"What's so fun about Christmas anyway?" he asked Suga Bear, who was sitting at the end of the bed.
 
He buried his face under the blanket when he heard someone knock on his door. Of course, that didn't stop whoever was knocking from coming inside his room.
 
"Hyuuung~" the all-too-familiar voice said. Jimin jumped on Yoongi's bed, ignoring the fact that the elder wanted to be alone. "Hyung, come outside!"
 
Yoongi peeked from under the blanket. Jimin was smiling at him so brightly that he almost had to shield his eyes. Then he grunted and hid under the blanket again, refusing to let the other boy win this round.
 
"Yoongi-hyung," Jimin whined. "It's almost 12am! Christmas Eve, hyung! Christmas Eeeeveee!"
 
"Celebrate without me," Yoongi said.
 
The younger boy pouted and pulled the blanket away from Yoongi's face. "Hyung, pleeaaasee?"
 
Muttering a curse, Yoongi threw the blankets off him and sat up. The grin on Jimin's face was priceless, but Yoongi didn't want to let him know that he affected him in such a way.
 
"I'm just gonna grab dinner and that's it," he said with finality.
 
"Okay, hyung. As long as you eat with us, then it's fine. That's enough for me." Jimin's eyes disappeared as he gave Yoongi his widest smile, making the elder blush and cover Jimin's face with a pillow.
 
They walked out of the room together, and the sight of all the food on the table made Yoongi's stomach grumble. Seokjin was really good with food and they all agreed on that.
 
"Oh, hyung," Jungkook said when he saw Yoongi, "you're finally out of your room." He was sitting on the countertop with Taehyung, both of them munching on apples. Next to them, Namjoon and Seokjin were busy washing the utensils they used for cooking.
 
Hoseok, who was wearing a ridiculous-looking reindeer headband, laughed from the living room. "As expected, Jimin really has his way around you, hyung," he said, smiling at Yoongi knowingly.
 
Yoongi rolled his eyes, while Jimin puffed his cheeks out proudly. He took the reindeer headband from Hoseok's head as they passed him and placed it on Yoongi's. "Hyung, wear this!"
 
"Wha—No!" Yoongi was about to take the headband off, but Jimin looked at him with a pout, so he sighed and left the headband on.
 
They all sat on the dining table and ate the food Seokjin prepared. A little bit more waiting and the clock would strike 12, making it officially Christmas day.
 
Yoongi ate silently and Jimin noticed this, so he got a spoonful of pudding and directed it towards Yoongi. "Hyung, try this!" he said.
 
The elder boy shook his head. "No, thanks."
 
"Come on, hyung! It's good. I helped Jin-hyung make this," he insisted, trying to get his hyung to open his mouth. He was all smiles and sweetness, until Yoongi took hold of his wrist and pushed it away from his face.
 
"Stop acting like an idiot, Jimin," he said in a cold voice. He didn't really mean to say that to Jimin, but his temper got the best of him. Christmas was never really a great holiday for Yoongi, after all. He either spent it alone or hungry, especially since he and his family didn't have much money before he debuted.
 
Jimin stared at him with wide, disappointed eyes. Everyone was silent as the two boys stared at each other; one pair of eyes cold and the other sad. It took a moment before Jimin's eyes welled up with tears. The younger boy only wanted to cheer Yoongi up.
 
"Jimin—" Yoongi started to say, the guilt finally kicking in, but Jimin stood up and walked into his room, closing the door before anyone could say something. 
 
The others stared at Yoongi with judging eyes. Yoongi looked at them and sighed, standing up to follow the other boy. His eyes fell on something on the table in the living room while he was walking and he leaned in to pick it up before finally reaching Jimin's door.
 
He turned the doorknob, thankful that Jimin was too emotional to lock it, and found the younger boy curled up on his bed. He was glaring at the wall, but that didn't stop the tears from coming.
 
"Jimin-ah," Yoongi said, slowly making his way to Jimin. He sat on the foot of the bed and placed a hand on Jimin's arm. "Jimin-ah, I'm sorry I acted that way. You know that I tend to lash out, right? It was wrong of me to do that to you."
 
The only reply he got was a sniffle from the younger boy. This time, it was Jimin's turn to hide his face under the blanket. It gave Yoongi the perfect opportunity to drag a chair toward the middle of the room and stand on it, taping what he found in the living room to the ceiling.
 
He leaned down near Jimin's face and whispered, "Yah, I have a present for you."
 
This made the younger remove the blanket from his face. "What is it?" he asked in a hoarse voice.
 
"Come here." Yoongi took his hand and lead him to the middle of the room.
 
Jimin pouted in confusion. "Where's my present?"
 
Yoongi smiled and pointed toward the ceiling. Jimin looked up to find a mistletoe. He looked at the elder boy with wide eyes. "Where'd you get that?"
 
"Does it matter?" Yoongi asked, before taking Jimin's face in his hands and pulling him closer, meeting the younger's lips with his. It was a soft, chaste kiss, different from all their other kisses. It was somehow sweeter and filled with so much more love and affection.
 
When Yoongi pulled away, Jimin's wide, beautiful smile was back, making Yoongi's heart swell with happiness.
 
"I thought you didn't like doing anything related to Christmas, hyung," Jimin said teasingly.
 
"This is an exception." Yoongi smiled and kissed the other boy again, telling himself that if he would spend every Christmas like this, then he would gladly anticipate it every year.