Simply Christmas

Simply Christmas - Ken

Jingling of the bell against the door welcomed you into the quaint cafe, decorated with lights and greenery for the Holiday season, the smell of peppermint filled the air while the warmth of the cafe instantly wrapped around you while you walked in through the door.

"Hello, how can I help you two today?" A man questioned standing behind the counter dressed in a classy white button up with a black tie hanging down to his ebony apron.

"We will take two hot chocolates please" Ken ordered while his hand slipped into yours.

"Would you two like anything on them? Whipped cream? Chocolate sauce? Sprinkles? A candy cane?" The man questioned typing in your order on the cash register.

"I will just have a regular hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkles please" Ken smiled at the man before he peered down at you, "What would you like jagi?"

"Hrmmm" Tapping your chin, you thought for a second or two, "I will have my hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate sauce please~"

"Coming right up" The man bowed to the two of you, "Please help yourself to sit down" He smiled before turning around, starting to work diligently on your order.

"Come on" Ken whispered gently tugging on your cold hand with his.

The two of you found two chairs to sit on, facing the winter wonderland outside. Pulling out your chair for you he slowly ped his heavy coat and hung it on the back of his seat. Glancing over at you, he noticed you having a hard time getting yours off, standing behind you he helped you peel your heavy coat off of your shoulders.

"Thank you" You smiled at him while he hung your coat on the back of your chair to match his.

Moving into your seat, you rubbed your chilled hands together, feeling the cold seep through the cracks of the window in front of you, Ken gently placed his warmer hands over yours. Working his hands over yours, he gently lifted them up to his mouth as he blew his warm breath on them while he rubbed them gently to warm them up.

"You could have put your hands in my pockets" He offered, glancing up from your hands

"I didn’t want to make your hands cold" You shyly remark while quietly humming at the warmth creeping back into your fingertips.

"Here, I was going to give these to you later but I think you need them more now" He releases your hands gently before he turns around and pulls something out of his coat pocket before sliding it across the table to you.

Blinking down at the present in front of you, you gazed down at a cute pair of gloves that was carefully bundled together with a bright red bow.

"Ken I told you, you didn’t have to get me anything" You lifted the gloves into your hands feeling the simply soft fabric between your hands.

"I wanted to, I couldn’t help myself. I love to spoil you" He smiles watching you carefully undo the bow and slip the gloves over your fingers.

"Wah~ They look so pretty on you" He raves happily, while footsteps come across the tile floor.

"Here we are~ Two hot chocolates, one with whipped cream and sprinkles while the other one has whipped cream and chocolate sauce." The man placed each drink in front of the correct person.

"Thank you, sir" You smiled and bowed at him lightly

"You are very welcome. Enjoy~ Let me know if you two would like anything else" The man says with a bow before returning to his post and cleaning the tables with a damp rag.

Warm steam rose from the cups, melting the whipped cream into the warm beverage below. Wrapping your hands around the mug, you smiled feeling the warmth seep through your gloves and into your skin. Lifting your cup to your lips, you gently blew carefully before sipping in the warm hot chocolate.

Turning to look at Ken, you caught him mid-sip, feeling your eyes on him he slowly set the cup back on the table while turning to look at you. A laugh instantly spilled from your lips seeing the dollop of whipped cream on the tip of his nose with little sprinkles coloring the whipped cream a little.

"You look like Rudolph" You tease lightly, his eyes cross looking at his nose as he quickly grabs a napkin and wipes it off.

"The whipped cream just couldn’t resist me and so it gave me a kiss" He tells you trying to wipe it all off.

"Ah~" You scooted a little further away from him trying to act a little jealous.

"If you can’t resist me, you can give me a kiss too" He tells you honestly as he leans over and puckers his lips for you, awaiting a kiss from you.

Chuckling breathlessly, you scooped up a little whipped cream on your fingertip before you smeared it on his cheek. Snapping out of his puckered lips, he shot his eyes open and lifted his hand up to his cheek to feel the whipped cream trail on his cheek.

"W-What was that for?" He chuckled as he wiped that off too

"I just felt like it~" You sang as he shook his head and sipped his drink until it was gone, with a little whipped cream still left, he dotted it on your lips.

"I felt like that one too" His gummy smile showcased on his face for you to see as you had just finished your last sip.

your lips, you watched his smile fade.

"I wanted to kiss it off of you" He pouted, rounding his shoulder and back a little.

"You can do that later, but it is getting late, we should start to head home before the snow storm comes" You slipped from your seat and lifted your jacket up off of the back of the chair.

"Your right" He sighed and did the same, pulling his coat over his arms and zipping it up in front, he helped you with yours before lacing his hand around yours before heading up to the front to pay.

Placing a little extra money on the counter, Ken just smiled at the man behind the counter.

"Keep the change" He smiled as the two of you trotted out of the cafe while light snow started to fall.

Walking across the damp sidewalk that was slowly freezing under the cooling temperatures, Ken lead you into the park where the two of you could walk in the snow covered grass to lessen the chances of the two of you slipping and falling.

Listening to the light wind swirl the snowflakes around, you turned to him and gently squeezed his hand trying to get his attention. With his eyes looking down into yours, you noticed some snowflakes landing on his eyelashes making you smile wider. Slipping your hand from his, you bent down and gathered some snow in your hands.before you hit him with the tiny ball of snow that you created.

"Snowball fight!" You announced loudly before bounding off

"Yah this girl!" He yelled after you, a playful smile curled on his lips as he quickly made a few snowballs before running after you trying to get you after getting him.