Impossible

Music of My Life

It was another tiring day of filming, but this day marks the end of the shoot for his new movie. Luhan and his manager were already packing and ready to leave when Luhan heard the sound of a staff's phone rang. The ringtone was undoubtedly I Met You, the first song he ever wrote for someone. It has been five years since he last wrote a song, five long yet short years. From being a singer, he now lives his life as an actor, he has no other choice. He can't sing anymore, he had lost the very reason he was singing. 

 

His trail of thought was disrupted by the vibration of his phone from his front pocket. It was a call from Yixing.

 

Yixing: Lu-ge. You're done with filming your movie, right?

Lu: Yeah. We just finished.

Yixing: I'm done with the production, too. Kris and Tao said that they'll be done in an hour. Let's meet up? It has been a moth since we last ate together.

Lu: Yeah. That sounds nice. Whose place?

Yixing: Actually, I'm already cooking. See you in an hour?

Lu: Yeah. I'll be there. I just need to change at home.

Yixing: Yeah. Okay. See you.

Lu: Yeah. See you.

 

After telling his manager his plans for the night, he went ahead and took a taxi. His manager will go back to the company first while he head off home to change. 

 

He came back to his apartment. It was as empty as usual but it's better off than staying at his parents' place. He had long forgiven them for what they did but even with that, he still can't stay with them for long. Their presence remind him too much of that time and he can't help himself but to blame them. He knew long ago that they didn't and couldn't control what happened before but ---. No. He should stop. He's doing it again. This is the main reason why he doesn't want to stay with them. It gives him negative thoughts.

 

He went inside his room, also as empty as the whole house. Before changing, he picked up that one single photo that you can find in that lifeless house. How ironic. Because that photo feels like the only thing with life in that place. He stared at it for a while before putting it back in place again. Clinging to the past won't do him any good. 

 

He took a bath and got himself ready to leave, he also decided to pack a few clothes, there's always a high possibility that the three of them will stay at Yixing's house, they always stay together for at least a night whenever they get together. He was ready to leave but he was still arguing with himself if he should bring "it" again or not. In the end, he still brought "it", he always does. Even though he'd long gone memorized everything about "it", even the smallest of scratches, he knows them all.

 

He took his car out and headed straight to Yixing's house. When he arrived, there were already two other cars parked outside, and just from that, he knew that he's the last one in.

 

"Lu-ge! You're late! We're getting hungry." Tao complained as soon as he entered the door.

 

"Yah! Luhan! What took you so long? You should've just went straight here like Tao and I!" Even Kris adds on the complaining team now.

 

"Come on, guys! Spare me the complains and let's just eat." The company of his old groupmates had always put him in a good mood. They never failed to lift his spirits up. Even until now, there is still the feeling of guilt towards his old group. Suddenly leaving them like that and telling them that he can't make music anymore. They had been nothing but the most understanding people, they had accepted that reason without question. They never forced him, never blamed him. Luhan knew that they wanted to sing and perform together again and he had told them countless times that they can do so without him, they are still a part of Prinze. But every single time, they will tell him the exact same words, "Prinze will only be Prinze if it's the four of us performing."


Yixing emerged out of the kitchen soon after, and told them that they should start eating now. They shared dinner and exchanged stories about their own projects. Kris and Tao just finished a movie where both of them were casted while Yixing finished producing the new song that will be used for a new drama series. The three of them had been successful enough alone. Kris and Tao lend half of their time acting and the other half in singing and performing, while Yixing is fully dedicated to music. A lot had tried to convince Yixing to take up some actor roles but he refused them all, saying that he's far better suited to be behind a mic or a piano than behind a camera.

 

After dinner, Luhan stood up first and asked, "Yixing, can I borrow your piano for a while?" The younger member just smiled, it was a request he's used to hearing. Playing the piano is one thing that Luhan never missed whenever he comes to any of their homes, since the three of them all owned a fair amount of musical instruments. The vocalist owned a lot before, more than what any of them have now, but that was before.

 

"Sure. Go and play, Lu-ge." Yixing urged the older. It was one of the rare times that Luhan will go near anything related to music, and they are more than willing to give him any support he'll need.

 

Luhan sat in front of the piano, putting "it" in front of him. "It" is a very old music sheet, with notes and words written with beautiful handwriting. He started playing, the music sheet only there for display for he can play that song even with his eyes closed. Along with Yixing, Kris and Tao had heard this song too many times now. It will be a bigger surprise, if they didn't get every note and word memorized.

 

Luhan's voice floated in the air, the voice of their old vocalist, still with the same charm and passion when he was still active as a singer. The whole house was enveloped with the music that went silent for the rest of the world. Only the three of them had heard Luhan sing this past five years. He wouldn't sing in front of anyone else, not even in front of his parents.

 

Halfway through the song, he stopped, as he always had. Not because he can't sing the rest but because the song was left unfinished. This is the only song that Luhan can play and sing but the second half of the song was missing. The vocalist had tried to finish the song himself but it was futile, not even a single note was added on it, not even a single word. His groupmates tried to help him complete it but nothing seems to fit the song. In the end, the four of them gave up and that left the song as a half piece, as it originally was.

 

He played it again, and again, and again until he had enough. He picked up the old music sheet and kept it in his black file case, taking extra care of it as always.

 

"Where are you going tomorrow?" Kris asked Luhan. It was Luhan's habit. Every time he finished a project, he'll leave without telling anyone, except them, where he's going. He never liked it when he's stuck with nothing to do. It only invites unpleasant thoughts, so he had always kept himself busy and occupied.

 

"Out of the country. I'm thinking of visiting Korea again. My next project starts two weeks from now." Luhan answered absently, still staring at the black file case he was holding.

 

"That's amazing, you know; organizing your travels without alerting the press." Kris said.

 

"Yeah. Before the press or the fans find out, you're long way gone." Tao joined in.

 

"I just hope that I can keep it for long." Luhan answered back. The last thing he wants before travelling to distract himself, is the attention of the whole country on him, but of course, being a well known celebrity, people will soon catch on to this habit of his.

 

The next day, after leaving Yixing's house and grabbing his bags for his secret flight outside the country, he was on his way to the airport. Just his luck, cause when he finally arrived, the place was already full of reporters and fans. Try as hard as he might to hide his face with a hood, sunglasses and a mask, when some of them noticed him, they started flocking around him until he can't walk another step.

 

In the midst of the commotion, the corner of his eye caught a familiar face. Impossible. But there is that person, going against the flow, struggling to get away from the crowd. Impossible. Even if how much Luhan's mind says the word, he still found himself going towards that direction. Luhan had managed to grab that person's wrist even in the middle of all the people. Impossible. But Luhan was already making their way out of there; away from the part of the airport where the crowd is. He doesn't mind about his flight anymore, that's not important anymore.

 

When they were away enough, they hid to a corner where no one can see them. Not even wasting another second, he hugged that person. Even if he haven't actually seen their face properly, he knew, Luhan just knew. Impossible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akira: More mysteries :D Wait for the next update guys :D Subscribe and comment please \(^o^)/ Upvote too if you like the story :3

 

P.S. I made a Twitter account for author/fangirl tweets... follow me if you want to see tweets regarding when I'm writing or updating the stories :3

https://twitter.com/Akirayuyuya