First Meeting

Music of My Life

11:00 p.m.

 

Minseok tossed and turned in his bed. He'd been unable to get even a wink of sleep despite lying down for the past two hours. He could feel his heart racing, he was excited, no doubt about it. Tomorrow, he can finally travel to China and see his idol Luhan for the first time. Of course, he'll also search for Kris, Yixing and Tao, but Luhan will be his first priority. His parents had finally allowed him to travel alone. They had been very overprotective of him because of what happened before, but after much persistence, his dad had finally gave him the go signal.

 

Mr. Kim had arranged for a transfer for Minseok. He can continue his study about music production in a Music University in China. He'll be attending school a week after his flight tomorrow. He'd been enrolled in a Music University in Korea, for almost a year now. He'd been really excellent on his studies and he even have the talent to be a singer and performer himself, but Minseok wants to be a producer, a song writer, a creator of music.

 

6:00 a.m.

 

Morning came in the Kim household. As Minseok expected, not a wink of sleep at all. But he wasn't tired, not the least bit, in fact he was eager to leave earlier than necessary. He looked at the poster in his room again. It was a shot of the four member group Prinze.

 

From the farthest left is the tallest member of the group, Wu Yi Fan, more known as Kris, the half Chinese, half Canadian member, the guy had been gifted with a height of 6'2, his features are near perfection, no one can deny that he's one of the most handsome guys in the industry, as if that wasn't enough, he also possess a cool soothing voice, literally putting all listeners, especially the females under the spell of his song.

 

From the farthest right, another tall member with a 6'0 height and the youngest in the group, Huang Zitao, nicknamed Tao, he has such a manly aura in him which is a complete 180 degree difference to his cute and childish demeanor. He's also an expert in martial arts and a voice that walks the fine line of a rapper and a singer.

 

The smaller guy next to Kris is the music genius Zhang Yixing. He can play any instrument and he plays by ear. He only needs to hear a song once and he'll be able to play it, plus the fact that he can make music on the spot. He have deep carved dimples on his cheek, a really kind face perfect for his character. He'd been called "a fallen angel", exactly because he is too nice about everything. It would be a surprise if anyone will have the heart to get angry or hate him for anything.

 

And lastly, the one that rose above the three talented members, the main vocalist of the group, Han Lu or more known to the name Luhan. His voice cannot be described by words. It sounds like a sweet serenade; like strings pulling you to him, strong yet calm, sharp yet soothing, it flows perfectly out of him. And his famous vibrato, he can do it even with the shortest of notes and it just captures you every single time. He sings with so much emotion, as if every single word of the song is dedicated to someone. In addition to that, he have an innocent, kind, angelic face, more pretty than handsome. No wonder the group rose to the peak of success in less than two years after they formed.

 

After that two years, the four of them were already individually popular to start their own careers. They started taking up actor roles, mc and host roles even as music judges in music shows. They also started producing music and songs of their own and releasing their solo albums. But Luhan stayed away from the music world. He never sang again after he came back from the two month break he had five years ago. Therefore, Prinze never released another song under the name of the group again.

 

Some rumors say that the members might've had a fight amongst themselves but all of them denied it. They even worked together once for a drama and even meet each other outside of work, but never in music. It was like Luhan had totally abandoned music. Why he did so, no one was able to tell, or maybe they just chose not to tell. Probably waiting until the time when Luhan will once again pick up the mic and sing on stage.

 

Minseok raised his hand, gently touching Luhan's face on the poster, and asked the question he'd been asking ever since he knew them. "Why did you stop singing?"

 

"Miseok? Are you up?" A woman's voice called from downstairs.

 

"Yes, mom. I'll be right down." He readied himself for his flight and gave one last look on the poster before leaving his room.

 

Downstairs, he saw his mom with a worried expression on her face, together with his dad who stood there his mother's back.

 

"Minseok, do you really want to leave today? I'll finish the company's project in a month. We can go together in China. I can accompany you." His mom pleaded again.

 

"Mom. I'll be fine. I'm already old enough to travel alone." Minseok grabbed both of his mother's hand in order to reassure her that he'll be just fine.

 

"Honey. Let Minseok see the world for himself. He needs this. He won't be able to grow up if we always keep him around us." His dad tried to convince his mom.

 

Still hesistant, his mom squeezed Minseok's hand and gave a light nod. She hugged him so tight, stronger than what her son expected from a woman nearing her 50's.

 

"Call before the flight and after you landed, okay? Call us if there's any trouble. If you get short on money don't hesistate to use your card. If you want to come home anytime, just call me and I'll pick you up myself. If you get sick ---"

 

"Mom. I'll call if anything happens. I promise. Don't worry so much, okay?" He hugged her, too and her back. "I'll be just fine, mom. Take care of yourself. You too, dad. Watch your sugar, okay?" His dad just patted his shoulder and gave a reassuring smile back.

 

His parents accompanied him all the way to the airport. Up until the very end, his mom kept a tight grip on his hand but she didn't try to stop him from leaving anymore. He called them just before the flight as he promised. Then, he was on his way to China.

 

The first thing he did when he landed was to call his mom. He doesn't want to get his mom worried sick just because he forgot to call her. She'll think that he had gotten himself in some kind of accident or something and there will be no doubt that she'll rush to China and call for a search party or anything like that. His mom worries a lot but Minseok understands and loves her, so he does everything just to lessen his mother's worry. Usually, he'll just agree to any plead his mom makes, but going to China had been his dream, this is the one thing he had insisted to his parents and he was glad that he's now here.

 

He walked in the airport. He was wondering why there was such a thick crowd of people there, from what he knew, no celebrity will come and go to the airport today so he just focused on trying to get out of there. But the crowd just kept on getting thicker, together with the shouts and cheers that are getting louder by the second. In no time at all, he was caught with the crowd and was taken in by the flow. He couldn't see who's in front of him. Then, a strong hand gripped his wrist and dragged him away. He couldn't see who it was because of the hood that covers the person's head. 

 

When they were away from the crowd, the person took him to a corner where no one can see them. Before Minseok can ask who he is, the guy had enveloped him in a hug, even tighter than the one his mom gave him. It left him confused but he didn't push the guy away. Why? He doesn't know himself.

---------------------------------------------------------

Akira: Was supposed to update this tomorrow... but we'll be going out of town for the new year... so this is an advance gift for the new year :D 

First Chapter for the New Year :D please continue supporting the story :D Please subscribe and comment if you enjoyed it and wishes to be updated with this story :3 upvotes will be very much appreciated as well :D