Final

Practice With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Practice with me?"

 As soon as they were informed about the performance, the rookie idols started to talk to each other and partner - Irene with Mino, Seulgi with Jackson, Joy with Yugyeom. In Wendy's case, it was her and Taehyun ; the fellow main vocalist of the monster rookie group.Wendy grabs hold of the hand in front of her and Taehyun led her to the middle of the practice room. Upon seeing this, the other idols did the same. They stood in a line but one thing filled the room: an awkward atmosphere.

 Being the brave one, GOT7's leader JB stood out in front of them.

"Today is the 17th of December and SBS Gayo Daejun is set on the 23rd - this gives us 6 days. But due to our schedules, we can only practice together for three days, one hour each day - so we actually only have 3 hours. Let's make it worth while, please try to get some practice in between. Even if we can' tall practice together," He spoke.

Everyone listened carefully except two. Taehyun and Wendy. The two were busy wandering about other things, schedule, dance, money and each other. It was weird for them to think about each other as they only just met. Yes, maybe it wasn't the first to see each other because of all the backstage formal bows and the cheers 'you did well, fighting,' - but this was the official meeting. 

The leaders of each group stood up in front and this trigered attention from the two, breaking their thoughts. 

"Since we are idols, I thought of us singing and dancing to a song," So Jung, otherwise known as Baby Soul, led.

They all nodded in agreement.

"But what song though?" Irene muttered but was heard by all.

"How about......:

"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift?" One interrupted the thinking Seungyoon.

"I don't think it's appropriate," Seulgi politely said to the girl at the other side, Minjoo.

"Erm, Wiggle?" 

Everyone turned their attention to Jinwoo. Their eyes each spoke a 'wtf'?

"No, we can't. It doesn't seem right.," Winner's leader disagreed like the rest.

Wendy wanted to share her idea but she couldn't gather the courage to. It was different from her usual self. It seems as if she couldn't speak to the others;she's normally a 'people' person. Instead, she hung her head low and hummed to the song. Taehyun glanced at Wendy and manage to recognise the hummed song. Taehyun raised his voice to speak, "What about.. Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5?"

Wendy's eyes darted to the person next to her as it shocked her. We think alike. She did not know of Taehyun listening to her hums.

"It's too common."

"It is but we can show something different. That we are great performers too. Moves Like Jagger is a classic and I think it will be successful?" 

"Okay, who has another idea?" Irene questioned but did not get a reply. Well, the silence was her answer, "I guess it's Moves Like Jagger."

***

The first day was spent, not practicing but getting to know each other as Mino from Winner thought that it would be less awkward to dance with your partner if you got to know them first. But Taehyun knew this was just his Hyung's excuse to not practice and just mingle. He was the same - but his reason was to talk to Wendy. It intrigued him how they are quite similar like they both are the main vocalists, both born in the year 1994, both love music. It was obvious that Taehyun was interested in Wendy. But Wendy made no move to show she did back.

Taehyun was weirded out about how fast he grew fond of the older girl. It amazed him how he knew that Wendy would be a great girlfriend. A great one to him. 

He liked her ever since they first bowed at each other and smiled backstage. They exchanged numbers and he put 'wendy-ssi<3' as the caller id.

The second day (December 19) was spent thinking of the line-up and the choreography. Strong Babies were lucky to have gifted dancers like JB, Seulgi. The Males and females were separated - the first verse and first chorus is going to be done by the males and the second verse and chorus are for the girls. To speed up the practice process, the genders used different practice rooms; it helped them focus more. But this did not help Wendy. At all. She always had the disadvantage of not able to focus when it comes to learning a dance and thinking of Taehyun made it worse. She felt bad because she was the reason why it took the girls at least half the time telling Wendy to stop making mistakes. 

Fortunately, they all knew their individual parts and the chorus itself by the end of the day. But as soon as Wendy made eye contact with her partner, she stormed out of the room. This confused Taehyun.

The third day (December 22)came by and it was a very stressful one. Wendy couldn't get any of the steps right and managed to hurt Taehyun whilst dancing by accidentally kicking him in the groin when she spinned around with her right leg raised up. She felt so guilty and apologised for at least 10 times. Taehyun just smiled at her and assured her that it was okay.

The way he smiled at her made her feel butterflies in her stomach. Whether it was guilt or anxiety, she liked the feeling. This made her realise her feelings for him. Well, this escalated quickly.

During the practice, Wendy became annoyed at herself for not being able to get it right. It burdened everyone including herself. So as soon as all her schedules for their upcoming comebac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter