FINAL

distance.

Sitting on a window seat was a girl, with long brown hair, fair skin and beautiful face. Holding a mug of hot chocolate in her hands, she looked outside of the glass window. Her eyes kept moving, looking for a trace of something or particularly someone.

 

She sighed as she failed to find what she has been looking for. She stared down at her hot chocolate before glancing once again outside the window. It was snowing, a white christmas. She observed the view outside, some couples walking on the sidewalk, a family laughing happily, a girl skipping through the street with a box in her hand, kids playing snow fight and so on.

 

The girl smiled at the sight, but then looked down again at the mug in her hands.

 

Everyone seems happy, well they should be happy. But,

 

 

Why can’t I?

 

****

 

When it snows outside on this winter night,

I’m looking for a trace of you,

I’ll never forget the time that we met,

The winter when we fell in love

 

Winter 2011

 

The cafe was as usual crowded, a lot of people kept coming inside. It was also quite noisy as laughters and voices of people talking could be heard from every corner of the room. Just like everyone else, 2 persons, sitting on the window seats, were enjoying their time together. The girl couldn’t stop laughing from the boy’s joke. 

 

“Yah, stop it! I could die from laughing”, said the girl while wiping a tear that escaped her eye. The boy sipped his hot latte and nodded. They continued talking about random things, enjoying their drinks or more like enjoying each other’s presence. 

 

Both of them decided to go out of the cafe as they finished their drinks. They walked through the streets, side by side. No one talked though, but it felt comfortable. Without them realising, they’ve reached a playground. 

 

The girl quickly ran to the swing and sat on it. The older guy chuckled at the other’s childish behaviour, but then made his way to push the swing where the girl was sitting at.

 

Silence took over once again. The girl was enjoying herself while the boy was thinking about something deeply. 

 

“Soojung-ah”, the boy called. She hummed in response, waiting for the boy to continue. 

 

“What if i say i like you?”

 

The boy stopped pushing, and the girl was completely frozen. The boy sat at the swing beside the girl’s and looked at her face. Her eyes were opened widely, mouth slightly agape, then she blinked a few times. 

 

She looked at the person beside her, still with the same expression. The boy couldn’t help to laugh and pinched her cheek. “Aigoo, you’re so cute..” 

 

He patted her head, and looked straight into her eyes. “I like you Jung Soojung. I really do.” He finished his confession with a charming smile.

 

Heat started to come up to the girl’s face, as she stared blankly at the boy.

 

“Wha-What?”, the girl managed to say only making the boy huffed. “Do i really have to say that again? Do you know how nervous i was? It takes a lot of courage to say that! Aishh..”

 

The girl giggled at the currently frustrated boy, it was just to funny. He was being all so serious awhile ago, and then came back to his silly self right after.

 

“How dare you to laugh at me like that?”, the boy complained while sulking. But it didn’t stop the girl from laughing even more. “Arraso arraso! Yah don’t be mad at me oppa~”, the girl said with a little aegyo in her voice. 

 

Instead of smiling back at her, the boy turned his body back facing the girl. “Yah oppa! I said I’m sorry! Oppa ! Oppayaa~! Yah-” before she could finished, a lips interrupted her. 

 

She widened her eyes, but then closed it as she started to kiss him back. After a few seconds both of them pulled away. The boy rested his forehead on hers and smiled “Does it means you like me too?” 

 

The girl shyly nodded her head and looked up and gave him a warm smile. 

 

****

 

I know it wasn’t our time,

We had to go our separate ways.

You don’t know that silently I was crying out for you to stay.

 

The years come and go, but I’m still alone,

My tears like snowflakes falling without a sound,

I wish I was with you now.

 

 

Winter 2012

 

The couple was at their usual cafe, sipping their drinks. Hot Chocolate and Hot Latte. They were joking and talking like they always did. Nothing different. 

 

“Where do you want to go after this?”, asked the boy. The girl thought for awhile, and smiled widely when she found her answer. 

 

“Let’s go to the city, i heard they have this massive christmas tree with beautiful ornaments and lights! Let’s take some pictures there and we can go window-shopping after that, how about that?”

 

“Sure”, the boy grinned seeing his girlfriend who got all excited about the christmas tree. “You ready?”, he continued.

 

The girl nodded her head then took her belongings and put on a scarf around her neck. They walked out of the cafe and found that it was snowing. It was really cold that the girl started to rub her palms and blowed some hot air to it. The boy noticed it, he quickly took on of her hand, hold it and put it inside his jacket’s pocket. 

 

The girl looked up shyly to the boy only to see her boyfriend smiling sweetly at her, which she replied back. She hugged his arm with the other arm and continued walking, feeling definitely warmer now. 

 

They arrived at the giant christmas tree, and the girl was there just watching the beautiful tree in awe. The boy who saw his girlfriend in that cute state, silently take his phone from his pocket and snapped a couple of photos of the girl. The girl quickly snapped back to reality as she heard clicking noises from her boyfriend’s phone. She nagged him to delete the photos, but of course he wouldn’t. They continued to bicker until the boy pull her by the waist, bumping her body close to him. She was stunned by his action, “You said you want to take a picture right? Then let’s do it”, he smiled to her. They took some selcas together, from usual smiling face to dorky faces. 

 

“The last one!”, the boy said. The girl was smiling brightly to the camera “ One, Two, Three!”, the boy suddenly turned his head to kiss the girl’s cheek, but which was unexpected was that the girl also turned her head making both of their lips to meet.The photo was already taken but none of them pulled away. Instead the boy put his hands on her waist pulling her closer and same goes to the girl which was tiptoeing with her arm around his neck. They both kissed each other with the same amount of passion and love. 

 

After awhile they both pulled away and looked at each other’s eyes lovingly, “I love you, Jung Soojung”, the boy snuggled his nose to hers, making her giggle. “I love you too, Kim Junmyeon” 

 

****

 

A few days later,

 

“Hello?”, Soojung said with phone beside her right ear.

 

“Soojung-ah, can you come to the playground now?”, the person on the other line replied. “Okay, wait for me.”

 

10 minutes later, Soojung arrived at the playground and found her beloved boyfriend sitting on a swing, his head hung low. She quickly went to him, “Oppa, are you okay?”

 

The boy looked up with tears in his eyes, without a word he stood up and hugged her tightly. She hug her back, rubbing his back. “Soojung-ah”

She hummed in response. “I’m moving to US tomorrow.”

She immediately stopped rubbing his back and stood there frozen not knowing what to do. “Dad said he has some emergency there, and the whole family have to move too. I said that i don’t want to move, but he insist me to.”

 

She tightened the hug, not wanting to let go of him. “I’m sorry Soojung-ah. I have to do this.” She started to sob and shaking her head in a sign of disapproval. Junmyeon sighed, fighting for not letting his own tears from falling. “Soojung-ah look at me”, he lifted up her chin only to see her crying. The sight in front of him really broke his heart. “Soojung-ah”, he tried to call her again, but she still didn’t stop sobbing. “Soojung-ah look at me”, he cupped her cheek and finally the girl looked at his eyes. “This is not the end of us okay? I will surely come back for you and we will be together again, arraso?” The girl nod her head and hug him again tightly. “Promise?”, she cracked her voice.

 

“I promise”

 

****

 

Winter 2013

 

 

Your name frozen on my lips,

icicles pears my heart,

Now i wait, and send out my wish to find you wherever you are.

 

The years come and go, but I’m still alone,

My tears like snowflakes falling without a sound,

I wish I was with you now.

 

Soojung was sitting on her usual sit at the cafe, sipping her usual drink which was hot chocolate. But this time everything was different. There was no one sitting in front of her, there was no one telling her jokes and made her laugh, there was no one staring at her or talking to her. She was all alone. 

 

She looked outside the window hoping that she’ll see that person but she found nothing. She felt so lonely. Gulping the last drip of her drink, she stood up with her things and walked out of the cafe. 

She strolled around the street, with her hands inside her pocket to keep them warm. She looked at couples walking together around her, feeling slightly envy at them. She shook her thoughts and continued her way to her next destination, the playground.

 

She sat on the swing, pushing herself. Little she did know, a tear escaped her eye. “Why am i crying huh?”, she chuckled bitterly. But her tears just won’t stop streaming down her face. She’s been waiting for a year now, without him. Everything she did was different without him. She felt incomplete without him. 

 

She looked at her phone’s wallpaper, which was a photo of her and her boyfriend kissing in front of the big christmas tree last year. 

 

“Junmyeon oppa, you’ll come back right?” 

 

****

 

There’s nothing more that i would want,

than to feel the warm embrace of your love,

but i have faith in the promise that you made,

and in the frosted window i, i see your trace.

 

A sigh escaped from her lips as she recalled those memories. Sometimes she feel like giving up, but every time she did, she always remembered his promise to her. She believed in him, she trust him. She just missed him so much, she missed his voice, his laughs, his jokes, his warm hugs, his kisses, his everything. 

 

With another sigh she took another sip of her drink. She looked outside the window for the last time this year, still hoping to catch a glimpse of that man she’s been missing. Her eyes moved from right to the left, then from left to right. Feeling like she failed again, she looked down and took her mug to her lips. 

 

But then realisation hit her. Wait, it couldn’t be 

 

She looked again outside the glass window, across the street. There stood a familiar man with flowers in his hands, smiling at her. She cupped with tears b in her eyes. “I’m back”, the boy mouthed. 

 

Without thinking, she ran outside the cafe, straight to the boy’s embrace. She cried while hugging him tightly. “Ya, why are you crying? Shouldn’t you be happy?” 

 

She laughed, “I’m crying out of happiness, babo”. The boy grinned back at her, “I miss you so much Soojung-ah” She hugged him again, “I miss you more Junmyeon oppa”. 

 

 

When it snows outside on this winter night,

I’m looking for a trace of you,

I’ll never forget the time that we met,

Catching glimpses in the snow

 

When it snows outside on this winter night,

I’m looking for a trace of you,

I’ll never forget the time that we met,

The winter when we fell in love

 

a/n: 

 

Hi~! 

 

Hope you enjoy this Christmas special story, starring Jung Soojung aka Krystal of f(x) and Kim Junmyeon aka Suho of EXO. I kinda ship them together so yeah.. 

 

Anyway the whole story was inspired by Distance by BoA. It’s a great song, really! 

 

Well then, that’s all for now. Please also take a look on my other story, THE ONE ~!

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE :^) 

Thank you Thank you

 

XOXO,

byunbaekhyun29 

깹송 ~