Sixth

Page Turner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIXTH

 

 

Taehyun’s phone had rung over four times already, but he couldn’t bring himself to move. He felt numb, and exhausted.

 

Anyone looking at him would probably scoff at him and tell him he was overreacting. They’d say: “for starters, you didn’t even know the guy,” and in a way they would be right, but in an other way—a more accurate way—they would be wrong. Dead wrong at that.

 

Because Taehyun did know Seungyoon. He knew what had been going through is mind, and he knew about his past. He knew about the things he’d do to will away boredom. He knew about his undying passion for music, he knew about his love for his guitar, he knew about his ultimate devotion and loyalty towards his friends, and he knew about his pain. He knew Seungyoon. No matter what anyone else would tell him. He knew him to the core.

 

So it was okay, Taehyun figured, to be hurting right now. Because this had gone beyond reading a book with a sad ending and feeling sympathy for the characters, since this ending was real. It was real with no do-overs, and no turning what happened around. And considering the ending was real, it was only natural that the pain was, too.

 

It’s just… Taehyun didn’t know how to handle it. He’d never had to deal with things like this before, and he’s glad he hadn’t, because heavens did it hurt.

 

Tears had been streaming down his face incessantly (which is something he’d later never admit even happened) and he still hadn’t regained the strength in his limbs.

 

Only after his cell phone rang for the fifth time, he picked up.

 

“Hmm,” he greeted, not being able to bring out his voice.

 

“Ah the Nam-kid! Finally! I’ve been trying to call you all morning!” It was the old man again.

 

“Hmm,” was Taehyun’s response again.

 

“I’m calling you about the address I gave you.”

 

Taehyun found himself slowly sitting more straight.

 

“Now I’m sure you probably figured out by now, but just to be sure, you know?”

 

There it was, Taehyun’s heartbeat, electrifying his entire body as it pumped back to life.

 

“Not that it’s that life threatening or anything if you’d be wrong, right?” The man laughed quietly, but Taehyun didn’t quite get the humour.

 

“What about the address?” He got up on his legs, his blood wildly running through his veins.

 

“Well the address I gave you was where the garage sale was held, but I strictly recall that the book had been a donation.”

 

He wanted to laugh, loudly so, more out of relief than out of amusement. So he did.

 

“Yah, kid. What’s so funny?” There was a small hint of annoyance laced through his words but Taehyun didn’t care.

 

“Nothing, nothing,” he smiled. “Go on.”

 

The man sighed. “The book,” he started. “I think was donated by one of the neighbours.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter