Cheesecakes and Rocks

You're Famous? So Am I!

 

Six months have come and gone. I was on a one week vacation from work with the girls and Big Bang at the same time. I sat there in Seung Hyun's arms as I just sang whatever he requested from me.
 
"Can you wait here for a second, I'll go get us a snack." He jumped up. He's been eager all night; it's worrying me. Was he breaking up with me? Is he getting me comfort food for what's to come?!
 
He came back with a few slices of cheesecake with some some chocolate sauce on top. Oh no. He's giving me a favorite dessert. He's breaking up with me. I quickly went over what's been happening for the past year and a half. Nothing seems wrong or out of the ordinary. Is he bored? Is that the problem? Is it because I won't... you know... with him? He never seemed to really mind that before...
 
He started talking anxiously about the weather. What weather? It's 8 pm. Night time. This only raised my anxiety.
 
"Eat the cake." He pushed the plate with a single slice with extra extra chocolate on top.
 
"I'm not hungry." It was true. The thought of him breaking up with me doesn't make me feel like eating cheesecake -- the dessert I called him often.
 
"I'm sure you can eat the small slice of cake." He pushed it towards me some more.
 
"No really, I'm fine. Why don't you eat it." I smiled shakily.
 
"Because I got this for you. Eat it." He pushed it back.
 
"I don't feel like eating right now. You eat." I pushed it back.
 
"No. I had this specially made for you. Can't I even watch you eat a tiny slice?" He pushed it back.
 
"Really, it's o--"
 
"Just eat the damn cake!" I heard Yun Shin unni's voice from the other side of the bed room door.
 
She must know I'm going to be dumped too. That's why she wants to help comfort me with the food too. and she's standing outside the door to run in after he breaks my heart to hold me as I cry... that must be it...
 
"Fine... I'll eat it." I sighed and ate it. I ate every last bit of it.
 
Seung Hyun watched me closely as I finished it and wiped my mouth. He looked panicked then suddenly dug his hand around in the cheesecake slices and ran out panicked into the kitchen where I could glimpse him digging through the cheesecake outside.
 
"Where is it!!! Where is it!!!" he looked around panicked. then he saw Daesung and Seung Ri sitting at the end of the table with a slice each and eating.
 
"Ouch! Who put a rock in the cake?" Daesung asked and pulled something out of his mouth. Seung Hyun yanked it from his hand before anyone could really see what it was and smacked him across the back of his head, leaving half of poor Daesung's head with globs of Cheesecake in it. He ran back to be grabbing the 'rock' and knelt down in front of me out of breath.
 
"Are you okay? Is there a reason for digging your hand into perfectly good cake?" I haven't been dumped in a while... is acting crazy how guys do it these days?
 
"Yes..." He caught his breath as quickly as he could, I glanced at Yun Shin unni, Kyo Na unni, and Soo Hae unni who was watching eagerly from outside the door.
 
"What is it?" I braced myself for the worst.
 
"You know I love you right?"
 
"...yes..."
 
"And I want to be by your side for as long as possible."
 
"... uh huh..." as just friends right?
 
"Will you be by my side too?"
 
"Of course." Even if as a friend, I'll be with you. no matter how much it'll hurt...
 
"Marry me." He held out the cheese cake covered ring -- a rock was a good description for it...
 
I was dumbfounded. I totally didn't see that coming... And he didn't see what I responded with coming either.
 
....
 
....
 
....
 
I fainted.
 
"Is she waking up yet?" I heard Seung Hyun's voice ask someone anxiously again.
 
"I don't think so." Yun Shin unni answered.
 
"I never knew someone like her could faint..." Ji Yong
 
"I didn't think so either. I never seen her pass out in my life. Even when she worked herself beyond her limits." Kyo Na unni.
 
"If uncle finds out you caused her to faint, you're dead." Young Bae oppa laughed.
 
"This is so not the time babo." Seung Hyun growled at him, he sighed suddenly, "Wake up already Sae Ri. you don't have to answer me if you don't want to. We don't have to get married. We can be boyfriend girlfriend for life. Hell! I'll take being you servant if you'd just wake up."
 
"I heard that. Now you're my servant." I mumbled quietly and slowly opened my eyes.
 
"Sae Ri!" He yelled and pulled me into a bear hug.
 
"And about the answering thing--"
 
"You don't want to. I understand--" I cut him off before he could ramble.
 
"I'll marry you." I smiled gently at him.
 
"--that you'd hate me for all the pain and trou-- what?! Did.. did I hear you correctly?" He went all bug eyed at me.
 
"Yes. I said I'll marry you. I love you." I kissed him gently and pulled back to look at the others. "Who knew he was going to propose?" I cocked an eye brow at them.
 
My girl friends and Ji Yong raised their hands. Yun Shin unni spoke up, "Your parents do too. We were there when he asked your appa for your hand. Your appa looked ready to cry and your umma was weeping. Sae Ho just laughed and said 'finally, someone with enough guts to approach us for the babo's hand. I approve even if appa doesn't.' I must say, even if he is a cheating bastard, he was a good guy for a moment."
 
"Mr. YG knows too. He laughed and congratulates you guys." Ji Yong beamed.
 
"How you girls kept your mouths shut from me I would never know." I chuckled and shook my head. "that means I'm now Mrs. Choi Seung Hyun?"
 
"And I'm Mr. Dong Sae Ri." He leaned in to kiss me again.
 
I pulled back, "Are you guys really gonna stand there and watch us kiss?"
 
"And possibly make out? Maybe." Kyo Na unni laughed. "Just kidding, let's leave the happy couple to their business."
 
"Say..." Yun Shin unni started as she was walking out holding Ji Yong's hand, "When are you going to ask me to marry you?"
 
He laughed nervously and started talking about bowel movements.
 
Seung Hyun jumped to shut the door. That means Soo Hae's staying with Seung Ri tonight... He jumped on the bed to my side and grinned down at me.
 
"I'm the luckiest man alive." He sighed.
 
"Well at least you know." I mirrored his grin.
 
"Of course I know. I am unworthy of your eyes." And he kissed my eyelids and slowly down to my lips. "completely unworthy of you." And he caught my lips again. We... well to be honest, we made out for 30 minutes and he was pretty liberally feeling me up.
 
Then he abruptly stopped and I was ready to protest but he had already jumped off the bed, "I just need to go to the rest room really quick" he sprinted out before I could react and comprehend what was going on.
 
He came back 15 minutes later and just laid by me, no kissing this time.
 
"Done?" I asked sleepily.
 
"Yeah, sorry... I must have eaten something bad..." He lied. Let's face it. We all know why he ran off to the bath room after making out with me.
 
"Mmhm." I smiled absently, "I don't think that will happen as much after our wedding night." Yup. I thought about. And since I'm marrying him -- and after thinking about it psychologically, though I wasn't religious, I was afraid to let myself be so vulnerable like that to anyone -- I'll ... do... -cough- it... with him. But he'll have to wait till then. After he's married, he's stuck with me. It takes a long time to get a divorce so he can't really 'dump me' after we do it.
 
I think he was in shock. "...what?" I looked up at him, he was just staring at me wide eyed.
 
"What do you mean 'what?'" I asked.
 
"Did you just imply what I THINK you implied?"
 
"Yes. We should sleep now." I shrugged it off and turned away from him to sleep.
 
"Today is a very good day." I heard him laugh in disbelief before finally falling asleep.
 
-----------------------------------