Chapter 25

The Exiled Ice Princess

 

 

“Oh Taeyeon? Is that you?”

I turned around and saw Yuri. Why is she here?

“What are you doing here, Yul? Are you with someone?”

I scanned the area surrounding her and saw no one familiar. She must be alone. No, she’s not lonely.

  She must be with someone.

“Are you disappointed to see me here, Tae? Stop searching. Yah!”

My eyes immediately locked with hers after wandering around her sides. I just stared at her. She continued.

“Fine! I’m with someone. She’s just buying food on the stalls inside the tower. What are you doing here?

Who are you with?” It is now her turn to scan my surroundings.

“Yah. Is going here in the Namsan tower at night strictly for couples only? Are loners like me forbidden to visit here?”

   I rolled my eyes.

“Why are you so sensitive? I was just asking. Will you go inside the tower?” I can sense that she’s nervous.

   Why would she be? I brushed off the thought.

“Yeah. I just stopped here for a second to think of something. Oh by the way, who are you with? Someone special?

  Ayeeeh.. Be careful though, cameras are everywhere.” I winked at her. Haha I just love seeing Yuri blush.

“Tss. What are you talking about? I’m with-..nevermind. I’ll enter now, my FRIEND must be waiting. Bye!” and Yuri

   walked in a fast manner, almost running. What’s wrong with her?

 

When I reached the observatory, at the topmost floor of the tower, the twinkling lights of Seoul soothed me.

  I looked around to see Yuri and whoever her company is but she’s not here.

I returned my gaze onto the magnificent horizon. Loneliness crept inside me. Sadness filled my lonely heart.

  Hurt and regrets of the situation I’m currently under sunk forcefully under my skin.

Why did they view me as a spoiled, insincere, and proud person? I only answered  directly their lame and

   insignificant questions. The questions they threw to me were in no way related to my comeback, to my

   songs, to my performance. Their questions were all about rumors about my personal life. Falls rumors,if I may say. Hmph!

Well, I know that those were probably significant to them - for the name of gossip, but I’m just tired, stressed,

   and sleepless. I’ve got so many problems and plans running inside my head that my temples wanted to just explode.

My head is also spinning from the tight schedule I’m into, even though I think was not enough to cheer the crowd.

If only they could just cut me some slack, the load in my heart would’ve gone lighter.

 


 

Why is she here? I watched her from the side, enough distance between us. Her black hair sprawled tensely

around her back. She’s wearing a white long-sleeved top and blue jeans. Taeyeon.

She looked pre-occupied. It would seem that she’s looking at the view, but when you know her personally,

she’s just staring into space. Her brows were furrowed. Her lips tightly pursed. Is she irritated?

Something is definitely bothering her.

 

“Oh, is that Jessica umma? Is that Jessica?” a little girl’s high-pitched inquiry broke the peaceful atmosphere

of the place. I froze for a second. Taeyeon might see me staring at her. Gosh!

Professionally, I turned around and waved at the little girl. She screamed for joy and jumped happily.

What a cute sight, I have a mini fan. I smiled and giggled at the cute action that the girl is making.

Her joy is pure and genuine. I would love to have that.

Returning my gaze to Taeyeon, my gut is already telling me that she knows I’m here. Then boom!

Our eyes met. The recognition and familiarity are still there.

It’s true that I’m still angry at her, really, but it’s also true that I’m grateful to see her. I smiled at her.

She sighed heavily, I observed, then forced a smile - well I hope not. She seemed terribly tired and

yet here she is, spacing out in a public area. She walked towards me and in return, I also walked

towards her, cooly. I’m still the princess. Haha.

“Jessica.” she uttered my name first as if to confirm my presence. I nodded.

“Are you alright?” Damn. I thought out loud. I did not just do that.

Taeyeon’s eyes became rounder. She’s shocked, I believe. Gosh! I hope I’m not blushing right now.

“Ehermm. Uhm.. I’m uh..I’m fine Jessica. Thank you for asking.” she blushed. Haha Taeyeon blushed.

Such a cute sight.

I’m glad that she’s still affected by me. I’m glad that my words can still affect her. Maybe she’s still

guilty for what she did to me that’s she blushed. Ashamed for herself, maybe, that someone like me

can still care even through her betrayal? I grimaced at the thought.

“Did you went here with someone?” Taeyeon asked suddenly. I was baffled by her sudden inquiry.

What could be running inside that head? I want to know.

“Yes, I’m with someone. I’m with-” she cut me off by raising her hand in front of me. What a rude behavior!

My mood suddenly fell down the pit. I shouldn’t be affected like this. I cursed myself.

“No need to say Jessica. I don’t have the right to know anyway. Oh it’s past 11pm already.

I should be going now. By the way, congratulations for the success. I’m happy for you. Bye Jess!”

   and she rushed toward the elevator without giving me the chance to respond to her.

I just waved goodbye behind her retreating back. She seemed different. Well, who cares.

She just wanted to keep it all to herself anyway. That’s the truth.

 

“Unnie! What are you doing here? I’ve been looking everywhere for you.”

I turned immediately to see my fastly approaching sister.

“I’m sorry Soojung-ah. I just saw someone I recognize. I got caught up for a moment. I’m sorry.”

I smiled sweetly at her. Her cute angry face immediately lit up.

“Nevermind. Oh I saw Yuri and Tiffany unnie. They were quite nervous when I saw them,

  I don’t know why though. Anyways, who did you see?”

Yuri and Tiffany? Just the two of them?

I wonder why Taeyeon suddenly got curious if I’m with someone. Hmmm..

“Just someone. Not that important. Do you want to go home now? I’m a little tired.”

“Yeah sure unnie. I’m tired too. Let’s go.”

 


 

“Yuri can we meet? I want to ask something.”

“Is there something wrong? I’m free now. Where are you?”