"Watch"

It all started with Pikachu...

A/N: The thoughts will just be seen like this: Name:thought both italicized


~Boyfriend Dorm~

That night Kwangmin couldn't sleep. He lied in bed with so many questions once again that still remained unanswered about her. From the moment he meet her to the moment he saw her again the nagging feeling inside of him couldn't leave -- and it was more than one feeling. He was evermore curious as to how focused and determined such a little frail looking figure could have to seem as she is now. He was intrigued by how she could show herself as indifferent when they meet again, and how she could contain such a look of happiness by a small little thing as a toy. Most of all, he was confused as to how any little thing she did could make such a big difference to him.

What was she to him? He barely knew her and yet at the same time he did. She was a stranger and someone close. She seemed distant and close.

She was Alice.

As he turned after letting out a sigh from all of this he put his hand under his pillow to find something -- the pikachu hat.

Kwangmin: Isn't this hers? Didn't she take it?

He turned it over and over again in his hands, pondering as to how he could end up with it again.

Kwangmin: Why is it so precious to her? Could it have anything to do with this P'Tai?

He sighed again, and tired finally fell asleep with the hat in his hands. He dreamt that night of course, but not of what he expected to dream of.

The Dream

Kwangmin open his eyes to see the brightness of the sun blind his eyes momentarily. He looked around to see was outside a hanok. He then heard the soft laughter and turned to where it was to see a smiling little Alice.

"Grandma! Grandma Look at me!" Alice called out to her grandmother while giggling. She was twirling around in a purple velvet dress that was accented with a white ribbon around the waist that had a white rose brooch that was attached to it on the side. Her long hair was down and bounced gently against her back as she twirled, "Aren't I pretty Grandma?"

"Yes you are very pretty Alice," the elderly woman chuckled as she watched her grandchild spin in delight. She looked to be around mid-fifties or early-sixties. Her hair was a fading blonde as her eyes were a dimming light blue. She may've been old, but she seemed to look like she was still living it at twenty. She then turned over and looked to him, "Tai, don't you think you little sister is pretty?"

Still excited, Alice then stopped twirling and stumbled in the process. She then looked over to her brother and asked him the same thing, "Am I pretty P'Tai?" She looked to him whiling flashing a wide grin.

Kwangmin: That's her brother?

"Heh," he let out a small laugh, "yes, you are a very pretty little girl, and you know why Alice?" He asked her as he bent down to her level. His hair still had the highlights and he was wearing a red sports jersey with faded jeans and sneakers.

"Why?" She asked as she jumped excitedly.

He let another laugh escape his lips with a grin before smiling, "Because you are the prettiest little princess in the world." After that the three enjoyed a laugh together until Tai suddenly turned over and looked straight a Kwangmin.

Kwangmin: Can he see me? Does he know I'm here?

He then stood up as the scene around them had froze, leaving only him and Kwangmin being able to move. "Watch," was all he mouth to Kwangmin.

Before Kwangmin could ask him what he meant, he was suddenly dragged to another scene. It was another sunny day but at a different hanok. He could hear adults chattering away inside, and then he heard laughter. Her laughter again.

"Jinken! Do it again!" He could hear her say as she was trying to contain her laughter. He looked over to who she was addressing and saw another boy that looked about fifteen with black hair and moon crescent eyes. The boy only laughed and made a noise that sounded like a duck which cause Alice to burst into laughter again.

Kwangmin: Is that... Onew?

Onew then looked up to him a bit startled, "Ah, Tai I was wondering where you went. What are you doing come on over here," he motioned him to his side.

Kwangmin: Wait...is he talking to me?

Kwangmin looked at him for a moment until Onew frowned, "Hey Tai you alright?"

"Uh, yeah I am," Kwangmin answered before going over to the two.

"P'Tai guess what!" Alice said to him practically pouncing down right beside him.

"What?" Kwangmin asked her.

"Jinken says we're staying over for a week!"

"Alice," Jinki tiredly sighed, "I said to say 'Oppa' not 'Jinken'."

"But I like saying Jinken," she pouted as she puffed her cheeks, "It's more fun."

"Tai help me out here," Onew looked over to Kwangmin in hopes of help.

"Alice," Kwangmin said as he looked at her directly, "Why won't you call Jinki 'Oppa'?

"Because I can't annoy him that way," she said in an obvious tone.

They looked at her for a moment, until Kwangmin burst into laughter while Onew when surrounded by his own gloom.

Suddenly Kwangmin was pulled to a new scene out of their laughter where they were now in a room that had sleeping bags spread out and Alice and Onew were sitting on separate sleeping bags. Kwngmin found him self seated on one as well and saw that they were all in pajamas and that Alice had on the pikachu hat.

Kwangmin: The hat?

Suddenly alert and seeing this as his chance he looked at Alice and asked her, "Alice where did you get that hat?"

When he did, the two looked at him oddly before she replied, "P'Tai you brought me this remember?"

"Ah, yeah I do," Kwangmin chuckled a bit trying not to seem strange.

"Ahh man," Onew let out a breathe while laying down, "I can't believe a week has passed! You guys are leaving tomorrow too! I'm going to be so bored."

Kwangmin: Leaving? A week? How much details are missing here?

"P'Tai I don't want to go back~ School's not fun," Alice pouted as she gently tugged the ears on her hat.

"Well school is important," Kwangmin answered her.

"Bleh," Alice answered as she stuck her tongue out while making a face, "Party Pooper."

"Hey don't call your brother a party pooper," he lightly scolded her.

"After all he must really love you." He thought as he remembered the first scene he saw.

"Well you are one," she pouted again which caused Onew to frown.

"Alice," Onew started, "you should be nicer to you brother. What if he wasn't around anymore?"

"That won't happen!" Alice replied confident, "Because he's going to be around forever!" She grinned to the two of them.

Once again the scene changed, but it was different from the other scenes. It was raining outside the hanbok and everyone looked very sad. Kwangmin saw what he thought was Onew's parents and grandparents, along with Alice and Tai's grandparents. However, he didn't see Tai so he assumed he was playing that role again. He looked over to Alice and saw her parents with her as well, all sobbing.

"Alice what's wrong?" Kwangmin asked her, but she didn't respond. He tried again, but then he realized that she couldn't hear him. She was holding the pikachu hat in her hands while sobbing continuously and hiccuping as well.

"P'Tai," she sobbed, "P'Tai where are you?" She continued until she started crying even more, "P'TAI!" she then rushed outside while clutching the hat.

"Alice! Alice come back!" Her mother called, while Onew ran out after her. Worried, Kwangmin followed out as well. It was raining hard outside and she was crying. Hard. However as she ran out she suddenly stopped and fell to her knees still sobbing as the rain mixed in with her tears and drenched her. Onew came up behind her and bent down to her level as he hugged her.

"Why?" She cried out, "Why did he disappear?!? Why!"

"We'll find him don't worry," Onew said as he tried to soothe her, "We'll bring him back Alice." Silent tears were streaming down Onew's face as well as he quietly said out loud asking to no one in particular, "Tai, where are you?"

As Kwangmin tried to reach out to them he suddenly heard an alarm going off. He opened his eyes to see himself back in his bed still clutching the hat in one hand.

Kwangmin: Alice... Is that what happened? Is that why this is so important?

He finally knew why the hat meant so much to her, but then another question popped into his mind. Why didn't they find Tai? Was he still missing? Is that why she came to Korea? If so, then why was she being chased? Was he taken? Kidnapped?

Suddenly, he felt something wet fall from his face and he realized he was crying. He let the tears fall as he had just found out the sad past of Alice.