Apprehension

For The First Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

It would have been a nice morning to wake up to, had he been by my side. It was always his warmth that I looked for whenever I feel alone, whenever my dreams turn into nightmares, whenever I'm so happy, and to be quite honest I wouldn't mention every reason because it would take me forever to end the long list. To keep it simple, he was my fortress whether in light or in darkness. For the many nights that he had been staying out late, I know he works his precious off, I know everything was for me and for us. I couldn't be skeptical when I owe half of my life to him. When he gets up early in the morning to go to the office despite the lack of sleep, I can't help but to pity the young man. It's true, I love him to immeasurable extents, but sometimes I just can't help but to worship him. To me he is perfect, every breathing entity might agree. His handsome face is the kind you wouldn't see anywhere. His y built that is so nice to hug, his smile that can make your heart break into pieces and make it whole at the same time. But what won me over was his pure heart, his pristine love; his patience, his devotion, his passion. He may look blank at times but I see fire burning when he looks at me. To say that I am flattered is an understatement. Flattery is an insult at this point because how can you not love him back? No one can resist him and out of all the people he could bat his eyelash for, I am the lucky one. I feel treasured and respected and loved and maybe this is a divine feeling already because after 7 years of love, I still fall over and over again whenever the dawn arrives. Every new day with him is a step towards an unrevealed pedestal of love.

 

In those 7 years full of love and compassion, nothing so big had ever made us doubt our love for each other. We were always sure that it is us that will end up together no matter what. A small fight would always end up with an apology and *insert fluffy lovey dovey scene here* which made us more resilient as time passes by.

 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••~••••••••••••••••••••••

 

It was always nice to remember how I met the young, handsome man. It was an afternoon in the university library when I first met him. I was busy studying for my Digital Media Arts major exams and I had four thick books surrounding my review area at the table. Due to the high demand of space in the library when the exams are nearing, students had no choice but to share tables with strangers. Lucky for me, I had the most handsome stranger asking for a little space so he can take down notes and review for his Marketing major exams. How did I know that so fast? Ever since he sat on my table I lost my concentration. Looking at him seriously reviewing was the most wonderful feeling I've felt since I had my childhood puppy love. Of course I had to peek at his ID because I was such an embarassing hopeless romantic by then. "Lee Donghae. Nice name." I thought I was just thinking about that but it turned out the handsome man heard my musing. He looked up from his book and smiled at me. He muttered an inaudible "Thank you" so as not to dispel the silence at the library, and immediately looked back down at his book. How I blushed by how his lips curved was beyond my imagination, until my friend Ryeowook came and found me with a tomato red face. 

 

"Hyukjae-ah! Why is your face so red?!" Ryeowook panics but tried to keep his voice low so as not to disturb the other students. "Do you have hypertension or something?!" He continues to panic while fanning me. I cupped my face as he sat beside me. Emitting a bit of Ryeowook's panicky state, the handsome guy in front of me looked up and a slight frown formed in his face.

 

"Hey, are you alright?" he mouthed, and my heart began to beat rapidly. I didn't notice my jaw dropping until Ryeowook decided to shake my shoulders. "I--I'm fine. It may just be the temperature. Y-you see it became hotter because the place became crowded suddenly." I managed to reply as Ryeowook continues to fan me. "Hyukjae maybe you need some fresh air. Let's go outside?" My best friend offered and though I didn't want to leave cause of the handsome man in front of me, I realized he might be the reason I'd have seizures or I'd faint in a few more minutes of his presence. I nodded to Ryeowook's advice and slowly got up while arranging my stuff. I decided to just borrow the books and bring it home to review. A few seconds later, Donghae closed his book and slowly got up as well. "I think I've had enough for today. You want me to go with you? Your condition doesn't look good. Here, let me carry your books." Donghae snatched some books from me and I was shocked I couldn't even move. Ryeowook looked surprised as well, and turned to face me. I made an I-don't-know look at my bestfriend and it seems that the handsome guy noticed and he bowed shyly as he was scratching his nape. "Uhm.. It's okay if you don't want to, I'm just worried about your condition. Seems like your friend here will have a hard time carrying you if you pass out." Donghae muttered, still not looking at me. Though I am still in shock, I needed to say something before the air thickens in the library and before I make a scene by passing out. 

 

We all went outside after logging the books for taking them home, to the bench by the tree. It was almost three in the afternoon and even though it is sunny, the cool wind is brezzing through the university grounds. We sat there talking for a few minutes, decided to eat our late lunch together, went to each of our college's building which I found out later on was shared by Donghae's and mine's college. I had my classroom on the third floor and Donghae's was on the fourth floor. As for Ryeowook he is in the Allied Medical Science's building because he is taking up his Psychology major. Before Donghae and I parted ways that day, he managed to get my number and a week after that, I just woke up one day, got to school and first thing I heard from him was he wanted to date me. Thus the beginning of the most wonderful 7 years of our lives.

 

•••••••••••••••••••••••~••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

"Hyukjae... Good morning baby..." Donghae gently patted Hyukjae who just opened his eyes, "I'll be out until late tonight so if you want, you can just sleep ahead. There are a pile of documents I left yesterday and it needs to be finished within the week. I'm sorry baby, I'll make up when I finish everything." Donghae kissed Hyukjae as he woke up the latter fully while informing him this before going to the office. Hyukjae can't help but to pout and to Donghae, it was the cutest thing in the world, a newly woken up Hyukjae with a pout. He lingered his stare to Hyukjae and finally left a peck on the latter's lips. 

 

"I love you baby. Please take care of yourself." Donghae needs to leave before he gets too engrossed with his boyfriend and forget work. He missed Hyukjae too much because he was too busy the past weeks and God knows how much he'd give anything to make up soon for being away more often.

 

"I love you too, Hae. Please do not overwork yourself okay? Call me anytime for anything." Hyukjae can't be sad. He knows his boyfriend is too stressed at work. At least Donghae shows genuine resentfulness at his lack of time for Hyukjae. He hugged Donghae one more time as he walked him to the door.

 

Hyukjae works part-time at an advertising company, since he didn't need too much of an income. Three years into his relationship with Donghae, th

Please log in to read the full chapter